• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath Vs. Quagsire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always have that issue with pokemon and the percentage moves. This isn't a game anymore. I'd say the pokedex entries and anime are more canon than the actual pokemon moves itself but just my imo.

That said Wright, who classifies as someone he hurts that's resistant?

To be completely fair, Wooper, which are <<<<<<<< Quagsire, straight up no-sell (in the truest definition of the phrase) Pikachu's electricity, which have been shown to bullshit through bypass Pokémon that were pretty darn immune to electricity, not once, but twice.

If we start scaling Pokemon to everything and every single feat we might face more inconsistencies. But either way that really doesn't change the kinetic aspect of Cole.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
But either way that really doesn't change the kinetic aspect of Cole.
Kinetic? I need more details, he may be able to just reflect them back with Slam or Iron Tail.

It's literally an explosive force of energy made out of an electric bomb and I'm not sure it's possible to do that either, especially with the # of attacks Cole does.

A blast of force isn't the same as fire

It's literally just a blast of KE, a shockwave.

I'd be more akin to a wind attack if anything

Bobsican said:
Oh.
In that case, Quag can use Icy Wind to keep up.
Quag only learns Icy Wind through tutoring.

Also I don't doubt that the people Cole has fought didn't have half as good of a resistance to electricty as Quag does. Not that that renders Cole useless, I'm sure

Quag only learns Icy Wind through tutoring.

Also I don't doubt that the people Cole has fought didn't have half as good of a resistance to electricty as Quag does. Not that that renders Cole useless, I'm sure

Kessler and David can both easily no sell lightning unless it comes from Cole. Hell, the get stronger from contact with lightning.

We assume they have all powers though.

The real cal howard said:
To be completely fair, Wooper, which are <<<<<<<< Quagsire, straight up no-sell (in the truest definition of the phrase) Pikachu's electricity, which have been shown to bullshit through bypass Pokémon that were pretty darn immune to electricity, not once, but twice.
Yes, and Pikachu also staggered Arceus. Pikachu is very consistent with his showings ovo

Wooper can no-sell 2-B level electricity.

I don't think I've ever seen an OP argue this hard towards one side of a match

You literally created a match between Cole and a supposedly "Immune to electricity" Pokémon, who apparently has a bunch of moves and resistances not on his profile that apparently counter everything and anything that Cole can do.

Schnee One said:
I don't think I've ever seen an OP argue this hard towards one side of a match

You literally created a match between Cole and a supposedly "Immune to electricity" Pokémon, who apparently has a bunch of moves and resistances not on his profile that apparently counter everything and anything that Cole can do.
And Cole's still winning. What a world.

Bobsican said:
1: Quagsire resists poisoning and electricity manip

2: Quagsire can tank black holes (As he can tank Black Hole Eclipse, for example).

3: Quagsire can just drown him with water.
1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Lol

Yes, and Pikachu also staggered Arceus. Pikachu is very consistent with his showings ovo

Wooper can no-sell 2-B level electricity.

I take it the second part is also a joke?

BTW even assuming Quagsire utterly no sells electricity

There is still zero absorbtion resistance on his file

At this rate, even if Cole wins at the end, we should probably take this out out of principal of being borderline spite

DMUA said:
At this rate, even if Cole wins at the end, we should probably take this out out of principal of being borderline spite
>Borderline spite.

• Cries*

The Wright Way said:
Also, what does Icy Wind even do? It's not on Quagmire's profile.
Icy Wind is basically a gust of chilly air, which also has the side effect of lowering the speed of all inflicted targets, but speed equalization takes that.

DMUA said:
Nah, let's keep going. When this gets put under Cole's wins it'll be a worth it to see Bob's reaction.

... is there really any way to describe this better, though?

Icy Wind is basically a gust of chilly air, which also has the side effect of lowering the speed of all inflicted targets, but speed equalization takes that.

If it's just a gust of air then a tornado blows it away.

Who knows Cole might get stronger with ice abilities that way too. Over exposure to elements and all. But yeah if it's just a gust of air I don't think it can even match a focused kinetic shockwave

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Who knows Cole might get stronger with ice abilities that way too. Over exposure to elements and all. But yeah if it's just a gust of air I don't think it can even match a focused kinetic shockwave
Evil Cole. He doesn't have ice.

How can he block it? He would need an omnidirectional way to shield himself to do so effectively.

Bobsican said:
How can he block it? He would need an omnidirectional way to shield himself to do so effectively.
Protect sure isn't an omnidirectional sheild and that does the job just fine.

Protect is a forcefield that covers in all directions the user.

ArceusForcefield
The animation can be variable, but the constant most of the time is that it´s omnidirectional

In that case, tornado. Or Cole breaks out. Or we ignore it completely because it's not on Quagmire's profile. Anymore obscure moves you want to throw at me?

Tail Whip can lower Cole´s durability, allowing Quag to more easily harm him.

Stockpile can quickly boost Quagsire´s durability.

Acid Spray allows Quagsire to spit a corrosive acid that also considerably lowers the durability of the target.

Guard Swap also allows him to average his durability with Cole´s (ignoring statistics amplification/reduction by the way), allowing for a more fair match.

Ancient Power also allows uag to hit Cole with prehistoric power, which can boost Quag´s AP, Dura and Speed (I know the last one is taken by speed equalization, but still has to be mentioned), allowing to a considerable stat boost for Quagsire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back