• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath Vs. Quagsire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokémon have tens of kilometers of range with most attacks so it can work.

Also, again, Quagsire won´t be affected by Cole´s electricity at most he´ll just flinch a bit as the stage itself can be affected by it.

Pokémon have tens of kilometers of range with most attacks so it can work.

Also, again, Quagsire won´t be affected by Cole´s electricity at most he´ll just flinch a bit as the stage itself can be affected by it.

You make it sound like he can't dodge. Or blow it away with a tornado.

Again, Cole has killed people with electricity resistance. He's killed people who get stronger from getting hit with electricity by hitting them with electricity. Quagmire's still getting hurt.

Fine then, as now I remembered tht they can be affected by it sometimes.

Also, Quagsire can literally Yawn to make Cole fall sleep, allowing to just use Surf or Muddy Water onto him.

More importantly, do they actually have the vision to use said range?

Cole has Radar Sense to abuse his, but what do they have?

As it´s a ranged attack, and the fact that most ranged attacks have that range, it´s likely that it does.

As for the aiming thing, Yawn doesn´t seem to need to do so in the first place, it only needs that the target is seeing the user respectively to take effect.

Bobsican said:
As for the aiming thing, Yawn doesn´t seem to need to do so in the first place, it only needs that the target is seeing the user respectively.
Cole would be able to sense his position with radar sense, but I doubt he'd see him yawn.

He doesn't, ehnhamced senses let him tack opponents while blind

And why are you arguing in favor of the Pokémon so much anyway?

Because a Pokémon winning is funny to me, that and the fact I don´t know much about Cole, as I only have seen my brother playing it.

As Cole doesn´t have prior kowledge abut how Yawn works, it´s likely that he´ll just try to aim to Quagsire, and he just uses Yawn at the start or-mid battle, forcing Cole to fall sleep, allowing to set up with Stockpile and Mud Sport to reduce the damage he can get to a likely insignificant amount.

Touching him

RSB from kilometers away

Just go AHH and drain him with life Adrain and call it a day.

A few more

Now do explain why you actively tried to put Cole in a match against someone who is borderline immune to electricity (Apparently) and are repeatedly arguing for Quagsire?

1: Quagsire has a very toxic liquid covering his skin, touching it will hurt Cole a lot.

2: Quagsire can literally just Recover from the super cancer, as it restores the cells of the user.

3: What´s AHH?

As for why I´m arguing at Quag´s side, it´s mainly because the thought that something iike Quagsie winning is pretty funny, and the fact that I know a lot more about Pokémon than InFAMOUS.

1. Dude is practically immune to even radiation poisoning

2. Recovering from getting your electricity drained which shuts down your body

3. He does a pose and the second happens

Up to what degree has he ignored resistance to electricity?

Also,

"A mucous membrane covers its body. Touching it barehanded will cause a shooting pain."

- Wooper´s Crystal Pokedex entry.

As Quagsire also has a mucuous membrane covering hiimself much like Wooper, it likely will work, even if just to make Cole flinch.

That requires Cole to touch it

Bio Leech lets him do it from range

In that case, I guess this match is fair.

Either Quagsire Yawns or Cole elec-absorbs.

In more detail:

Cole likely won´t lead with the electricity draining as he likely will lead with some direct electric attack or explosive, only to later find out they didn´t really worked, leading him to try to just drain Quagsire, and as the timeframe for all of this to occur is about a few minutes at most, Quagsire can interrupt this from hapening by using Yawn, Surf and Muddy water.

I would vote for an inconclusive if I wasn´t the OP.

Can we start gathering the votes now?

Why does resistance to electricity save you from absorbtion? It doesn't

That won't hurt him if it's poison

But he can't survive the drain

Bobsican said:
In that case, I guess this match is fair.

Either Quagsire Yawns or Cole elec-absorbs.

Can we start gathering the votes now?
Radar sense and distance of several kilometers says that Cole isn't going to see him yawn, nor will he have to to aim at and hit him. Having far spreading attacks helps.

Schnee One said:
Why does resistance to electricity save you from absorbtion? It doesn't
That won't hurt him if it's poison

But he can't survive the drain
Why it protects from absorbtion? Because Pokemon like Galvantula, which feed by absorbing the bioelectricity of their victims, can´t absorb a ground type.

Again, as the Pokedex stated, it´s toxic, not poison by itself, take it like how touching the tentacle parts of a jellyfish makes you feel a lot of pain.

For the last one, read my first statement in this reply.

Let's say, for arguments sake, that Cole does somehow get affected by yawn despite not even being able to fully see Quag at this distance and then gets hit by surf. He then resurrects and stops looking at Quag due to now knowing how yawn works and instead uses Radar Sense to see him.

Note that Yawn also makes the user spit out a bubble, if it hits, it makes the one hitted to quickly fall sleep.

The bubble is a homing attack, and he likely will see it as something inofensive, so he´ll fall for it.

Why it protects from absorbtion? Because Pokemon like Galvantula, which feed by absorbing the bioelectricity of their victims, can´t absorb a ground type.

Again, as the Poedex stated, it´s toxic, not oison by itself, take it like how touching the tentacle parts of a jellyfish makes you feel a lot of pain.

For the last one, read my first statement in this reply.

Okay

Toxins are poisons though

Same answer as my previous

Cole counters everything Quag has. He flies over earthquake. Despises surf and muddy rain with a tornado and thunderstorm respectively. He's powered through electricity resistance before. His shields block most projectiles while shockwaves send them back. Radar Sense allows him to abuse his kilometer range to a greater extent than Quag can and allows him to get around yawn thanks to being able to aim at him while not having to directly look. Cole's disease resistance beats Toxin. Being able to heal and recharge his attacks from nearby electrical sources and the people in New York grants him better stamina and Cole's much smarter. Meanwhile, Quag will be getting swarmed by summons, homing missiles, tornados, and thunderstorms while trying to hit someone he can barely see who can see him just fine and is far smarter. Cole wins.

Bobsican said:
The bubble is a homing attack, and he likely will see it as something inofensive, so he´ll fall for it.
No he won't. He sees a bubble homing towards him that's coming from a guy who uses a lot of water and mud attacks. Common sense says blast it, reflect it with shockwave, or block with shield.

Weakness? Can you explain?

He doesn´t resist pain manip, so he´ll flinch at the very least.

Schnee One said:
Actually why doesn't he resist absorbtion then?
Quagsire is "immune" to electric type moves (if the move are based on electricity, Quagsire will resist it), but Quagsire isn't resistant to absorbtion in general.

Schnee One said:
Actually why doesn't he resist absorbtion then?
You mean in the profile? Because electricity draining resistance only happened in the anime and not many bothered to point out.

I would make a CRT for it, but I don´t think it´s significant enought to do so.

Also, Quagsire can also use Water Gun to attack Cole while he is floating, I also doubt he can dodge Rain Dance.

Anime isn't canon I thought

Resistance to absorption is far from insignificant and I want to see an example of this

You mean in the profile? Because electricity draining resistance only happened in the anime and not many bothered to point out.

I would make a CRT for it, but I don´t think it´s significant enought to do so.

Also, Quagsire can also use Water Gun to attack Cole while he is floating, I also doubt he can dodge Rain Dance.

Rain Dance gets pushed away by a Thunderstorm. Cole can dodge while floating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back