• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs Lapis Lazuli

@Wok But Lapis is actively using her water manip to move the water, she's not just throwing it, and she's able to control her ice as freely as she is water, just changing the state of the thing she's controlling shouldnt cause it to just randomly stop

Well the mass shouldn't be changing since that would be a violation of the laws of thermodynamics

Wokistan said:
Because he's just withdrawn motion from the molecules to freeze it, which is how freezing goes. A solid wouldn't move as freely and would be much more predictable anyways.

I thought you could fall into those swampy areas and not instantly die since he would jump out, rake a ton of damage though
You still die in secobds if you step in a puddle in the first game and surviving getting out of the water usually leaves Cole in the red.

Can't that be chalked up to GM?

Also, what's saying Cole would not just electrocute her from the start, by conducting his power through the water?

Necromercer said:
Can't that be chalked up to GM?

Also, what's saying Cole would not just electrocute her from the start, by conducting his power through the water?
That implies that she's just starting off standing in a pool of water for no reason.

one wings, two all of her attacks are water based.

next, I would chalk that water up to GM, as Shovel Knight is insta killed by spikes, and we don't say that he's weak to them.

Guys, what? Water is literally his canonical weakness. This guy once tried to take a shower and described it as "feeling like he was lit on fire". 90% of the time, falling in water that goes up to his hip kills him. This is like saying Superman's weakness to Kryptonite is a game mechanic in a Superman video game. It simply makes no sense.

I was mostly incredulous at the idea Lapis is High 6-A no matter the amount of water.

I know very well any meaningful hit is screwing Cole hard.

I'd still like to know why Cole freezing the water that Lapis is actively controlling would cause it to stop moving when she's able to control ice as freely as she is water

Does Lapis have any homing attacks?

Also using water severely amplies Cole's advantage as Water is a fantastic conductor for it.

Technically all of her water/ice abilities are homing to an extent, she has full control over them even from kilometers away

Water being a conductor really wont help him as the water is not connected to Lapis

I mean, aside from her wings, but if Cole's attacks are close enough to hit those then they're probably already hitting her to begin with.

Yeah but why would she? People aren't generally looking up all the time and it won't make sound before it hits.

Not seeing any ESP on her profile so she has no way to react to that unless cole messes it up or shes givenshe's given reason to watch out for it

They were looking at the source of the lightning during those instances. They knew an attack was coming that they could dodge. The only time they weren't was with Garnet and she has Precognition.

If she sees her opponent can manipulate the weather and uses electrical attacks she has good reason to think to watch out for it

She also has passive Weather Manipulation, as you yourself pointed out. Why would she think he's causing the storm when she's also making a storm?

And after checking back it turned out i was wrong. It only happens when she's feeling intense emotional distress so shes not going to be making any storms in this fight

Alright, fair enough.

Counterpoint, however. Creating Thunderstorms and bringing a bolt if lightning directly down on someone are two different things. Lapis's Weather Manipulation has never let her smite someone with lightning, why would she assume Cole's would?

Lapis created lightning with her storm though, and since she tends to stick to airborne fighting on top of having experience with instant storms she'd be wary of a storm appearing above her out of nowhere

I'm voting for Lapis our matching him with pure numbers.

She can "summon" the Aquatic Gems (Water Clones) to fight with her and massively overwhelm this guy.

And electrocuting those guys won't do anything and they could even duplicate themselves again if he splits them.

I mean, Cole could just blast them away with AP. Or fly away. Or speed amp and blitz them, returning us to my original question.

Back