• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath vs Lapis Lazuli

I mean, you kinda have fo give better reasoning then that. They both one-shot each other... and Cole is explicitly weak to water.

Huh. So, speed = right? If so, Cole's AP and possible better range should give him the win. Also, does he have Ionic storm?

The fact that the ionic storm blasts down from a direction people aren't tending to check up on could actually prove pretty helpful.

Nothing on her file really suggests that happening. It mentions her not doing anything when normal, and when distressed making a storm, which is what cole is doing anyways.

She's made storms while not distressed though

Also does Cole lead with Ionic Storm in character? Because Lapis leads with High 6-A water attacks in character

Making a storm only helps cole though

It's been a while since I played the games so I dunno. I spammed the **** out of the ionic powers but that doesn't really count

I mean, he dropped a storm on both Kessler and The Beast in cutscenes but he wasn't really shown "leading" with them in either case (unless the player does so in the in-game fight prior).

On the other hand, she needs the entirety of the Earth's oceans to reach High 6-A, so leading with that is liable to get her zapped before she can hit him.

>On the other hand, she needs the entirety of the Earth's oceans to reach High 6-A

No she doesnt actually, her normal water attacks were capable of temporarily restraining Malachite and the Diamonds and were able to harm a Light

WeeklyBattles said:
>On the other hand, she needs the entirety of the Earth's oceans to reach High 6-A

No she doesnt actually, her normal water attacks were capable of temporarily restraining Malachite and the Diamonds and were able to harm a Light
Restraining people is lifting strength, not AP. Harming a light could fall under game mechanics, seeing as how people like Steven abd Garnet can harm Lights in those games as well.

If by "slightly harm" you mean lightly shove than sure. The most damage she did in the fight was with a barn and that's in a fight where everyone, even Amethyst was "slightly harming" Blue Diamond to a degree.

They werent slightly harming her though, the only one who even slightly hrmed her other than Lapis was Steven

Also can't he just arrest the motion of the water with the ice powers the hero side gives you

And Lapis can undo those ice powers with her own ability to freely control the state of liquids shes controlling

The most he did was push her over, she barely reacted to anything anyone was doing to her otherwise.

Also, this completely contradicts her power level shown otherwise. Remember the Crystal Gem fight? If she was High 6-A with regular attacks, she would've casually poofed them all and gone back to trying to leave, not to mention Jasper surviving a punch from her without even poofing.

It still stalls a bit. Constsntly stopping and going makes it a lot easier for Cole to just get out of the way and drop a bolt on her head.

Though if we're going by what Wright is saying then Lapis has no wincon here, without prep time to gather the entire ocean her powers cap at 7-A

And in that moment it takes her to notice the freeze, its not moving. Tjis can be repeated. This slows things down quite a bit.

Not really. He reacts adversely to water, short circuits. Even then she could still just stall long enough to grab more water.

WeeklyBattles said:
Though if we're going by what Wright is saying then Lapis has no wincon here, without prep time to gather the entire ocean her powers cap at 7-A
She has a wincon. Hitting him with literally anything. Even standing in a ouddle can kill Cole within seconds. Wrapping a watery fist around him would kill him instantly.

Because he's just withdrawn motion from the molecules to freeze it, which is how freezing goes. A solid wouldn't move as freely and would be much more predictable anyways.

I thought you could fall into those swampy areas and not instantly die since he would jump out, rake a ton of damage though

Also, water is still water. I feel like lightning can probably vaporize it if it's not some deluge right on him.

Back