• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Both at High 6-c.

Good Cole with RFI.

Speed Equalized.

Cole
"Do I fight the darkness I've unleashed? Or be consumed by it?"

vs.
Iron Man mark 51

I mean, the values of the final tally of the calc that Cole is scaled:

170 or 340 Gigatons? IM is 120 Gigatons.

Also, is not like Delsin Vs IM all over again?

Anyway, I better start.

Personally, I think Cole Macgrath has a slightly higher chance.

First of all, Electricity is the biggest weakpoint for Tony, every single strike can severely damage his suit, considering many of Cole's attacks are homing and he can switch them at will, Iron Man is going to go through hell trying to outdo him in the range department, and if a couple or so Lightning rockets hit him he's not going to be able to fully use his suit, and if Cole uses this to do Ionic Storm, Iron Man is done for.

Iron Man is more skilled and intelligent then Cole by a really wide margin, plus superior CQC and likely higher Versatility, but Cole's huge own versatility with Lightning, along with Homing attacks and his own true Flight, should give him the edge.

Cole 6/10

9e21655a90515f5836f1ec1c92303cec
Legit Event.

I'm going to put the links for both Cole and Tony, it make more easier to analyze the stuff for me and others...
Doesn't Cole has everything that Tony has in a more greater scale? plus more abilities?

Tony being weak agaisnt electricity and having good CQC in this model? Seriously?

I'm going to analyze the notable attacks/techniques section of Cole, so hold on because that is goin' to take a helllot.

So, after reading a "bit."

Electric Abilities:

• Lightning Bolts: Easily countered by resistance and absorption to electricity, Tony could get a power boost from this.
  • Lightning Bolt: Same as before.
  • Alpha Bolt: Same as before.
  • Pincer Bolt: Same.
  • Artillery Bolt: Same.
  • Magnum Bolt: Same.
  • Bolt Stream: Same.
  • Lightning Arcs: Insulated suit my a**, guy has resisted this type of things inside obsolete armors.
  • Electric Drain: Needs contact? The answer will screw either side.
  • Electromagnetic Shockwave/Blast: "Redirect rockets, electrocute anything caught, lift cars, make enemies float or even make the blast smaller but increased in range." - Everything already done by the plaboy in older armors
  • Shockwave: Heh... Kinetic energy absorption and forcefields says hi.
  • Alpha Blast: And again.
  • Detonation Blast: Either it get repeled by forcefields, or just tanked and absorbed.
  • Graviton Blast: Depends of how good it is, since this is Good Cole, I will assume that is not that strong to become a issue.
  • Sniper Blast: Tony either easily dodge this or straigth foward match the attack with his own blasts.
  • Megawatt Hammer/Rockets: This get resisted, absorbed, rejected, redirected, avoided and matched with IM own abilities.
  • Megawatt Hammer: Assuming this acts like Graviton Blast, then is not a problem.
  • Alpha Rocket: There's a thing that Tony has called cluster bombs, it works in the same way.
  • Redirect Rocket: Tony has Rockets as well...
  • Sticky Rocket: IM use a energy shield to protect and absorb the attack and/or use his own homing missiles.
  • Tesla Missile: Tony may have some trouble with this, but nothing that he does not have an answer already.
  • Missile Bolt: Okay, this should be easily countered by what was previous mentioned.
  • Grenades: Same.
  • Shock Grenade: Same.
  • Alpha Grenade: Same.
  • Cluster Grenade: Same
  • Sticky Grenade: Same
  • Electrocution Grenade: Same, but more easier.
  • Stalker Grenade: Same
  • Kinetic Pulse: Okay, that could be a problem, but Tony should probably reject the move with a magnetic field, somehow.
  • Magnetism: The freaking armor Model 2 was able to play at this.
  • Static Thrusters: Good, both can fly.
  • Lightning Tether: I said BOTH CAN FLY.
  • Lighting Hook: Tony has a tractor beam, so the pull each other.
  • Induction Grind: Flight.
  • Car Jump: Flight.
  • Polarity Wall/Shield: Okay, nothing that IM cannot do as well..
  • Precision: Speed is equalized so nope
  • Thunder Drop: Tony is not going to be on the ground.
  • Overload Burst: Tony can just simply spread the energy through all his armor and then release it.
  • Gigawatt Blades: Gauntles's energy shield.
  • Arc Restraint: An Omni-beam should get rid of this.
  • Bio Leech: Okay, If he can do it at range, then he might be able to take down IM.
  • Overcharge: Okay, Tony can probably steal some of the released energy, and probably get his ass saved if he stays away from Cole while in this stated.
  • Karmic Overload: Okay, it has a time limit, Tony should survie long enough.
  • Ionic Vortex/Electric Tornado: okay, it would be a distraction.
  • Ionic/Lightning Storm: Welp, this kinda shit-storm Tony, though his scanners should warn him from the weather changes from this attack, so he can protect himself or stay way.
  • The Amp: Tony is not that type of characters who likes to get in CQC, he has various weapon for close combat, but is not that he needs to use them a lot.
Here is there, so while there's some moves that could easily take down Tony, the rest of them is not anything that he cannot deal(Suprrised that RFB is not listed there). Of course, this is without taking that Cole can also absorb energy and have other abilities.

Ice Abilities.

• Frost Shield: Basically the Polarity Shield.
  • Ice Launch: Useless by this moment.
  • Ice Barrier: IM is not going to be on the ground.
  • Freeze Rocket: Tony could use heat energy to melt the rockets.
  • Ice Grenade: Same, maybe.
  • Shatter Blast: Well, Tony would probably spam repulsors, lasers, missiles and bunch of oher stuff and try to counter that :/.
  • Ionic Freeze: Tony can probably match the attack with a Uni-Beam.
So well, I honestly don't know, there is some other powers that are only listed on his Powers and Abilities section such as precog, teleportation, regen and others that are not well explained.

Don't see how Electric Touck will screw Cole up.

Question, how is IM going to repeatedly absorb lightning? Does he have resistance?

I actually asked if it needs contact /:

" Resistance to acid, electricity, radiation, heat, cold, telepathy, magnetic, sound and phasing attacks,

Degree: N o I d e a.

And I'm not planning to look for issues from the 80's.

Until some levels are found, I think Cole can take this with Ionic Storm or Ionic Twister.

I mean, IM pretty much has a answer for almost every move that Cole might throuw at him, even Ionic Storm could be avouded but I don't know what is Ionic Twister, is not listed on his moveset.

How good is Cole's Regen by the way?

Newendigo said:
I mean, IM pretty much has a answer for almost every move that Cole might throuw at him, even Ionic Storm could be avouded but I don't know what is Ionic Twister, is not listed on his moveset.
How good is Cole's Regen by the way?
He can regenerate from being riddled with bullets instantly if he's exposed to a source of electricity.

Pretty sure electricity resistance isn't much of a factor considering Cole can just infuse his attacks with Kinetic energy, or Ice.

@Teen + Kinetic Energy absorption and Ice resistance says hi... Still, unknown level...

Also.

@Wright + What you said doesn't sounds like High Regenerationn, at all...

"He can regenerate from being riddled with bullets instantly if he's exposed to a source of electricity."

Mid-Low or High-Low level healing, it sounds to me.

Newendigo said:
@Teen + Kinetic Energy absorption and Ice resistance says hi... Still, unknown level...
Also.

@Wright + What you said doesn't sounds like High Regenerationn, at all...

"He can regenerate from being riddled with bullets instantly if he's exposed to a source of electricity."

Mid-Low or High-Low level healing, it sounds to me.
No one ever said he has high Regenerationn. It's beast Cole who has that.

He can if he gets close to him. But IM always fights at ranged and flys, so it's not going to be easy.

@Wright + It should probably stated on his profile then.

Depends of the level of each one energy manipulation.

Actually, it's one of the more detailed profiles on this site, and it's perfectly laid out.

Newendigo said:
Err.....Where does it say Ice resistance on IM's profile..?

Cold Resistance=/=Ice resistance.

Gargoyle One said:
Anyway, I better start.
Personally, I think Cole Macgrath has a slightly higher chance.

First of all, Electricity is the biggest weakpoint for Tony, every single strike can severely damage his suit, considering many of Cole's attacks are homing and he can switch them at will, Iron Man is going to go through hell trying to outdo him in the range department, and if a couple or so Lightning rockets hit him he's not going to be able to fully use his suit, and if Cole uses this to do Ionic Storm, Iron Man is done for.

Iron Man is more skilled and intelligent then Cole by a really wide margin, plus superior CQC and likely higher Versatility, but Cole's huge own versatility with Lightning, along with Homing attacks and his own true Flight, should give him the edge.

Cole 6/10
I agree with this reasoning above and to add to that, I see Cole's electromagnetism, kinetic energy manipulation and ice abilities giving him a really strong edge against IM in offensive and defensive use. Let's not forget this is RFI Cole so he can potentially lay down fire without ever needing to recharge which is more problematic for Tony especially since any RFI amped electric attack would probably severely damage his suit and mess with its systems.

Just gonna be reiterating what Gargoyle said

In a range battle, Cole has the advantage of being to lay down amped attacks without ever needing to recharge + precision strikes. CQC is more on IM's side but is also dangerous because Cole can just drain all the energy of the suit without needing to touch him + his kinetic pulse would allow him to overpower the suit via electromagnetism.

Cole 8/10

High-Mid on his suits, not himself.

Amy damage he takes will lead to him and he dies behind the suit.

Again, that is only for Model 52, not this model.

And is like you're just simply ignoring that IM has resistance and absorption of electricity...

And I have pretty much alddressed all of Cole moveset and how IM can counter them.

Then why did you even mention High Mid regen if it's not even for this model....?

Cool, said resistance has yet to be shown, and until I see his resistance is enough to thank Lightning that literally disintegrates targets on impact, plus amplified by Ice.

I'm also rather curious of the strength difference here....

Because you and other people have been around saying false stuff? Just tring to clarify where everything goes.

That is probably not going happen any time soon, useless one of us wants to read over 500 issues of the classic Invincible Iron Man, plus other appareances.

^See my second comment above

Back