• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath VS Alex Mercer

Greene's creation of Pustules

It doesn't automatically translate to Alex being capable of pustules. He might be not as attuned as to creating it like Greene but that's arguable. Anyway point is why didn't he do it at any point directly in Prototype 2? Why didn't he? What's the proof that he does it better? He's more effective at taking out anything not creating an army back then. Now, even his army is of a different style and seems more powerful but they still can't take over the world. And your speed blitz statement would be impressive, if not for the fact that Blackwatch Soldiers are still humans and it's doubtful that you need to be faster than a bullet to blitz them.

There's the possibility that Greene has been charging up the biomass within her to create all of those too. The entire time she was stuck there she could prepare any sort of attack just waiting or secretly preparing those.

Calling a group of Hunters a horde early on isn't really correct. The ones Greene sent out are many and Alex was still getting used to his powers. He needed a rocket launcher back then to take out a tank. It's safe to say that he was just overwhelmed by the small group and is just getting used to things. With how the invasion was just getting started, it's safe to say Greene didn't summon a horde out of nowhere and is just building her base there.

Pustule production speed

That's nice. But sometimes it can be tricky to implement gameplay mechanics. And well it's not as if Cole is going to just stand there. AS you said you had to stand there. And lightning doesn't take too long to travel.

But even if Alex can quickly make Pustules….

And even then… It's useless. Cole can still shoot off electricity everywhere and fry anything that gets close and attack multiple monsters at once. Not to mention it's not as if Alex would get the chance to get away and do so. Alex Mercer's style isn't to fight in the shadows. You need to taste defeat in the old games in order to change your tactics a bit. Faced against Cole? He's going to charge straight up to him like he always does or attack directly.

Hive Building Constructio

Tanks could destroy the Hive Buildings early on. But when it became later on, when certain Hive Fortresses are fortified? That's when they can't even dent it. It took time, it really did. Between a week or two considering the fortified bases only started showing up on the next half of the game.

And iirc there was only one Fortified Hive Building too so it could've been Greene's hideout that she fortified so much. Naturally it'll be more durable and it's assumed that there are other fortified Hive Buildings but there's not too many of those.

Alex doesn't aim dodge.

Alex Mercer has been frequently chased down by choppers and is forced to use corners or disguise to escape them

He gets tagged by tanks

He is seen by soldiers

The sonic booms he make? Well it's visual effect.

Alex outran people's line of sight shooting at him. Comics included

He has never shown to outrun an actual bullet and that sniper feat I already ripped apart in both Comicvine and here.

Show me a feat of him redirecting anti-tank missiles and tank shells then. Please do. Because I already showed how the Javelin Missiles that Asdf showed missed or are aimed at elsewhere or Alex luckily dodged. Not to mention if I follow your logic of him being able to dodge them in game, well, Cole can too then.

On the opening cutscene? Got tagged by it too

Greene's shockwave

Okay, explain to me once more why is Greene's shockwave that ultra-sonic fast when everyone could see it moving? And you think Alex is faster than lightning because of this? Cole dealt with teleporters and men who can move at lightning speed. This is not beyond or even above Cole's reaction caliber and I find it doubtful that Alex can move faster than lightning.

Alex's Armor deflecting shell rounds

I happily request the statement on that. Because claims of WoG can be wrong and last time I played Prototype I died to tank rounds doing that.

Aerial Devastator

Well think of it this way. If someone looks like they're charging up and is in the middle of the air, would you not attack that person? Cole isn't stupid and he's faced enemies like that before.

And why would he not attack Alex when he's in the air where he's vulnerable? The reason why his devastators wouldn't work is because all of Cole's attacks stuns. There is absolutely no reason for Cole to not attack Alex when he does that, and homing lightning is very effective against anything that is too slow. And from the looks of it, Cole doesn't need a lightning storm to home in on enemies. Oh and it would be quite fun to use an Ionic Vortex against Alex like that.

On another city block and still infect Cole? Are you talking about the gas cloud or the devastator because those are some ludicrous claims I have to say. Not to mention, it would be soooo easy to fry something like that with homing lightning.

Subsonic or Transonic Alex

Cool, but Cole has Supersonic Reactions and supersonic hands too due to this nice little calc I did and of how often he deals with teleporters. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...t_Attempt_to_Calc_-_Cole_MacGrath_Rocket_Feat

So, that's rendered moot.

Aim dodging homing lightning, rockets, shockwaves and bolts? My that's going to be hard for someone who can't even move faster than supersonic. And that's me being generous. It's not as if enemies Cole faced had aim dodged before.

Multiple Ways of Wiping Cole out

Graviton Shockwave. Or just homing electricity. Or dodge. Or lightning tether away, ice pillar/firebird strike away while letting loose the lightning.

Infected are meat fodder. Scatter electricity everywhere. Not to mention using the infected from the start would be kinda unfair with it being Infected and Alex vs Cole. And how would Alex get the time to summon them when he's being fried?

Shockwave. Or rather how would Alex get so far?

Earth trembling. Even if it takes a moment to do so Cole isn't dumb enough to just stand there in awe. Not to mention Alex won't even have the time to do that due to homing lightning.

Shockwave again. Not to mention, how would Alex get the time to do that?

Getting close to Cole only increases the chance of getting stunned. That's going to be a KO. Sides Cole can go for a shockwave again.

Cole steps to the side and proceeds to hammer Alex with a lightning storm while he's busy firing. And how would Alex get the time to do that?

Oh cool. Military + Infected + Alex vs Cole. Not to mention that's going to be particularly hard to do when one is spasming on the ground.

Green's Army

So basically it's still pathetic when released like that because of how efficient Blackwatch was. Well I was being harsh anyway so yeah take that as you will.

And would that mean if there was another dead body elsewhere it would've gone there?

Gonna have to recheck the history on that, I'm guessing that's from the Web of Intrigue but even that's not such an impressive feat once you consider that Blackwatch at first had no clear idea on what they're dealing with.

I'm more than sure it was because of Alex's interferance and constant attempts to mess with both infected and Blackwatch that it took so long to deal with.

Yeah gonna have to look that up or at least request credentials/proof.

How dare you! Are you disregarding the awesomeness of Cross who took down one all by himself with an electric cattle prod? Would that mean nuke level taser prod I wonder, or perhaps that would just mean that a nuke is overkill on them.

Aren't they the exact same people that were developing the virus? Or at least managing the support for it? Not sure where you're getting at with.

Okay, nuke required. But it doesn't mean any different from before. A nuke would've killed them all after all.

Okay this I don't remember.

Unfazed? Is that why tanks are so effective and recommended to be used against her in fights? It was the same military equipment that caused her to go up into the surface after all. Really, the military was also good meat shields and distractions and with their attacks doing that, I wouldn't say Greene was unfazed. Considering how if she was, she would probably just go through them instead of taking her time fighting them. And that happens before Alex arrives too.

Yeah was quite harsh of me in all honesty. You know what I concede, but don't wank em either alright? They ended up fighting evenly with Blackwatch until Alex came into play.

And it takes a few hits at least for Leader Hunters to take down Tanks considering they were able to match each other. And that's in a cutscene too.

Super Soldiers came waaay too late in the game. And they were matching if not beating anything that's not a Supreme Hunter or Greene or Alex. And even then, they were a big challenge to him. They were the combination of Super Soldiers and a similar strain of the virus but not to the point of changing them. They are not so easily beaten considering their efficiency in the first game and it's highly unlikely that Blackwatch didn't just leave them as they are instead of upgrading them. Either way, what you see in a gameplay scene is not the automatic feat.

Noticeably. No nukes though.

Beating an infected army without a nuke? Impossible for them. Beating an infected or at least matching them to a stalemate? Clearly there. I take back my words of them being pathetic since that was just a result of me getting a little bit ticked off before, but don't underestimate Blackwatch either.

An old man wanted his young self to beat the monster. He wants to be absolutely sure, to the point of killing his girlfriend to make him utterly hate him. He wants to be sure. I highly doubt it that Kessler was going to take it easy on Cole when he's fully aware that he's going to die and after this, he'll have to trust Cole. So naturally Future Cole would not hold back against Infamous 1 Cole

Comparison of Feats

I was using this comparison to show that Cole isn't just some guy who deals with gangs. Not to downplay Alex but to actually show that he has his own feats since he's being looked down upon. Surely you dealt with people like that before?

Blackwatch = A military specializes in hunting down infected

First Sons = A faction that is a
100 years ahead of their time and has futuristic tech and also specializes against conduits and Cole

Stomp the Supreme Hunter twice? Don't be silly. It took a lot of effort for Alex to beat him considering he was outpowered by him in the beginning of the second fight.

And Cole fought something like that is also designed to drain electricity. Said monster isn't even fazed by building levelling bombs and the military while Cole is the only one who can put a dent on him. Said Conduit Monster took out a bunch of Super Soldier-esque conduits too

So Infected = Corrupted/First Sons the

Cool, they both took out Kaiju-esque creatures. Except Cole actually shattered the body of the Kaiju that survived a nuclear strike intact.

Over the top where? Both are equally badass and ridiculous.

You don't need to do a devastator when you use that ability. It's an option. It's a short moment of invulnerability.

Or what if from the amount of infected he absorbed, aka the Evolved, he gained those Adrenaline Surge but instead of releasing damage he regenerated? It makes sense considering the amount he ate. And nope, he's not even regenerating. Looking at videos right now. The only time he regenerated constantly was near the end and at that? I can argue that Alex's three health bars were the total amount of health he had from the biomass he consumed from his Evolved Soldiers. And by the end? He had something along the likes of Adrenaline Surge but instead of it being a devastator it was a quick Regenerationn effect. And by the end of it? He couldn't regenerate anymore. He had bones sticking out of his arms and gave up. Meaning? There's a limit to it and there's no need to consume him.

I remember you stating how Alex was planning to lose because of his quotes. But do remember, the Web of Intrigue contains everything. If he really did intend to lose then there was no way we would miss that on the consumption. So basically, it's really just Alex being an arrogant scrub. After all, the verys consume ability would clarify that.

Watching the battles, that doesn't seem to be the case with how James keeps outdoing him.

Right, link me to videos for the latter two? Thermobaric explosions are miniature nukes, I already agreed with you on that but they're not going to be city level with how compact they are. And it's not going to be too effective against lightning either anyway.

Okay, so Alex > James in raw power in most cases while James > Alex because he managed to figure out a way to keep up and probably is faster. Maybe Alex couldn't even face James anymore since he already consumed so much infected.

Probably related to Alex creating James and how he's very resistant due to the amount of biomass he used.

Summary time? Let's get started

Alex does one shot Cole.

But he'll
NEVER get the chance to do so. All of this is because of the assortment of

Homing lightning, homing rockets, all of Cole's attacks having a stun effect, ice powers, tornadoes, his supersonic reaction and matching speed. The speed of lightning as his attacks, and the various angles he could fire. There is simply no way Alex can even get through without getting hit once. And once he's spasming on the ground? Any attempt to get back up will be countered because is Web of Intrigue proves that he has a brain to stun (not to mention he has bones and was choked by the Supreme Hunter before) and that would cancel out his Regenerationn which has a limit.

Add in the reliance on physicality and how Alex never truly adapted to electricity on Cole's scale, which has a higher output and tore apart the Beast? Well, basically, there is simply no way for flesh to adapt to lightning. Keep going with it then. Because I want to prove why the underdog wins here.

Back