• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath VS Alex Mercer

Asdtgh said:
Or I can't say any swear words?
Well you kind of said the f word couple of times. Even if it wasn't directly at whoever you discussing with, please at least tone it down if you will.

Sooooooo...does that mean I can say like crap, bull, poop, ass or something? I lost my childhood because of my friends, or should I say bullies, swearing the f word SO MANY TIMES. They even hump the air and make moaning sounds during lunch and I was brought in to the world of swearing without knowing which is the bad words like the f word, s word for poop, p word for an annoying troll with another meaning of the cactus' needles.

My apologies on that. I had a bad day that time and I wasn't too happy for participating in another debate that annoys me. I'll tone it down, that was hypocritical of me anyway. Heh, really

As upsetting as it is, the Gigawatt Blades are only in infamous 1 and in the comics. And I guess they didn't include it since they didn't want you to rely on melee attacks? Not sure

>Toxic Projectiles Fair enough. But don't they explode in contact anyway? I don't think acid can be magnetized anyway

> Omnidirectional shockwave [link] Happens around 14:00 I really don't see any issue why Cole can't do that when he can do so many things in the game cutscenes and comics If not that thee's still this http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/3067649-inf-15.jpg

>It's only reaction speed That's what I believed however this calc did not include the part where he leapt from wherever and arrived in time to do that. There's also the part itself that Cole himself has dodged bullets before in game in a similar way as Alex and early on managed to dodge a hail of gunfire without seemingly getting hit. Anyway ClassicGameGuy also explained (Good stuff dude. He also had to raise his arms in tandem with the rocket's movement so it scales roughly to his movements regardless) So it kinda pplies And of course, that's why explained in the calc that it's not really a big issue with how he already has that kind of reactions and speed. Only to end up happy when Proto said it was supersonic movement speed

>Cole is an adaptive parkourist That is true. However it never shows that even if it's a possibility and since he's on the railings he probably took that trip. Either way he still had that movement speed when moving towards that area and his arm is coordinated to his body. Remember, he wouldn't expect that rocket to nearly hit his friend when he arrived there

>Cross didn't deflect it That is true. However Cole could still perform the same thing And he could always dodge or send a rocket

>James defeated Alex Fair enough but wouldn't in theory Alex also have armored and shield forms? Really I think that if you can consume anything you'll get as much experience and knowledge as anyone, unless consumption is not as great as it it

>Ionic Tornado The issue is it electrocutes him while he's caught in it. Why do you think the cars caught in it explodes? Even without the All Stars special it's not that kind of attack that simple catches you. And again, Cole can jus spin in an extra 180 degree more to hit Alex, with this buff of speed I don't think it would be an issue

>The beast recovers Good point. I haven't played both games in awhile so I've only recently started replaying tem.

>One shotting a helicopter So Alex oneshots a helicopter, and you say that's good. But then Cole oneshots a helicopter with a rocket, then you say that's bad? Isn't that every vehicle ever anyway? Besides, in the actual cutscene I showed you on the video above Cole manages to one shot that chopper and that's not empowered either. 13:20 ish. And he's weakened whenever he gets new powers for a bit to the point of blacking out so that's even weaker than his normal And if it's really metal wouldn't Cole also put them down with ease? Wait why are we even discussing this? But basically, from what the military has seen of the conduits, which have been shown in a cutscene to stomp the military, wouldn't they themselves make preparations?

>Critical Pain Devastator I just looked at the scene and recalled how long it takes for them to charge up. So that kinda brings out whatever power it might down. It might be one of Alex's strongest moves but Cole can simply run to the side or use the lightning tether or interrupt him. It's an impressive attack but compared to the two, Cole and Alex are faster than that

> Scaling Makes sense, but I still don't understand why power scaling would work like that. Did Blackwatch explain it on a cutscene that Evolved takes more than a nuke now? Because if we're going by 'how strong someone is given time' then we're going to have to give Cole some of Kessler's abilities and that would be unfair. Or am I misunderstanding something else?

>Sees next response Ahh, I see your point then. But then again, would that amount of people equate to the amount needed to survive a nuke? Alex Mercer did consume that Supreme Hunter near the end before that nuke triggered. I guess you can argue that the Evolved could make up for it but then again, we don't really have any actual feats of Alex surviving the nuke. If anything when James used that massive tendril devastator after killing Alex, that might be the limit of how much biomass Alex has so a nuke would be still capable of taking him out.

>Next paragraph Okay, and James also survived being thrown away by Alex when he gets attacked. And what's the point of saying the armored helicopter? Didn't he already do that before?

> Isn't canon to the infamous story Evil Cole is still an alternate timeline and usable. That's why Evil Cole still exists as a form in the VS Battles wiki pages Regardless what's the point here? I'm kinda confused why you brought it up

> Last pargraph See the issue there is that The Beast could teleport. Cole was running away from the Beast because the dock was sinking. And thinking about it, The Beast would probably have an ability to hide its identity since he seems to have done that before on the last few missions of Infamous 2. The moment Alex air dashes he's gonna get another burst of electricity. Remember supersonic reactions now? You're acting as if Cole is still the same as before and is still slow. Remember when he defeated Kessler with a punch? He didn't hold back and rained lightning on his butt. Small sonic booms are very very questionable especially at the part that they're not talked about in game. Besides that would mean Alex should be FTE yet that doesn't seem to be the case. And a lovely cutscene that I have been asking of him keeping up with rockets would be nice.

I've only seen aim dodging of them and rolling away, which doesn't mean hypersonic speed if you're dodging to the side since people can dodge objects faster than them if all they have to do is sidestep 30 meters in a few seconds isn't mach speed, and acceleration won't help if you're stunned ... I give credit where it's due. That said you're beginning to downplay Cole. Alex still has a limit on his biomass and certainly can be goopified. Cole can wield the wrath of thunder so it's not just possible, but also easy for him.

Asdtgh said:
Sooooooo...does that mean I can say like crap, bull, poop, ass or something? I lost my childhood because of my friends, or should I say bullies, swearing the f word SO MANY TIMES. They even hump the air and make moaning sounds during lunch and I was brought in to the world of swearing without knowing which is the bad words like the f word, s word for poop, p word for an annoying troll with another meaning of the cactus' needles.
Ant just doesn't want people to cuss a lot. I think those words are....okay? But even then, it's best not to do it a lot.

Damn. I think I pressed the wrong button but, I'll say it all again. The larger vomit projectiles was able to go through the shockwave and explode on impact with the ground or wall. And Bertrand's vomit can be able to be redirected such as his homing ones. The omnidirectional thing, I'll dig but, the comic one isn't much of a shockwave but an area electrocuting attack. If his shockwaves have such limit to not be able to strike back against Bertrand's larger vomit projectiles, it goes with the same with Alex's whipfist grab. True, Cole can almost one-shot the helicopter even with him in pain of change of power with Kuo…when he's empowered for a period of time. If he's not, then how da hell was he able to have electricity flowing around his body just like the karmic overload and RFI thing?

And I never meant reaction speed but MOVEMENT speed because Cole may have a speed boost from the railway lines and glide his way to have enough momentum to redirect the rocket with just his lightning. If he's able to move that fast, why did he not do the same when his job with the military is over? Also, Cole, too, was somehow able to aim dodge against the gatling gun of the military helicopter as well but with reflexes. Also, Cole wouldn't know that there's actually a way to encounter Alex's Whipfist grab like Cross because Cross was informed of Alex's abilities and capabilities. That's why he was able to 'deflect' the Whipfist grab. Also, to make it very clear, Cross is, in a degree, infected. Now, why would I say that again? Well, if he were to be human, he wouldn't be known as a boss battle but a ******** cutscene that removes all of your weaponry powers. The creators didn't want to make a group of soldiers and commanders with tanks, missiles, machine guns, helicopters be able to kill Alex since he could do that even if it's 5x worse. However, they want to have a single human capable of defeating Alex. The thing is, a human would not be able to handle his kicks and punches, curb stomps and all of that would pretty much kill Cross in just a few seconds. So, the best way is to get him absolutely prepared for the battle, armed with a grenade launcher, a stun baton, anti-virus, Alex's weakness to the reminding of Penn Station and having the strength and durability to keep up. And, Alex isn't fixed towards his revenge on his blonde ex because he wasn't screaming in anger but just say in quite a stern way, first Cross then her. He's not short tempered.

And, for the shield and armor form, Alex's shield was not as great as Heller's since he was able to only deflect bullets, move around, use it as a riot shield while he shoot the armed soldiers down and it can be destroyed just by a grenade or rocket. And the armor, why would you make the boss battle even harder and more annoying? Also, if Alex doesn't have a greater tactic just by consuming, how the hell is he able to upgrade his tactics of shooting, using a helicopter and tank? Without a combined tactic of countless of soldiers, he won't be able to beat Cross very easily and unharmed but in an even harder difficulty than the game and lose a huge sum of biomass. And as Cole continue his creation of the vortex, Alex would just quickly air dash towards him like how James pounce towards his foes, tanks and helicopters and grab him by the neck to disrupt the attack, even the ionic freeze. Ionic storm, well…40 to Alex and 60 to Cole and it depends on the distance. Like you said, Cole would get Alex close enough to cast the vortex or freeze upon him but still, Alex's speed as the final in Prototype 2 is, possibly, just a quarter of his maximum speed and his air dash is like a quicker version to his maximum speed than just accelerating through running.

And the Critical Pain Devastator, well, it's true that his needs to charge it but in Prototype 2, Heller was able to do so with his tendril barrage in just a second. Also, his devastator is very quick, probably even as fast as his maximum running speed in Prototype 1. The reason why Alex's was only moving quite slow is because the shockwaves created by his hands was somehow glitching to another direction and the shockwaves are suppose to boost the speed of the Critical Pain Devastator. And why in the Devil's name hell should we get Cole more powers when he already have the RFI that amplifies the same thing as Evil Cole's Karmic Overload but almost forever? And Alex is to be only given all of his weaponry powers, abilities and capabilities in Prototype 1 and some capabilities from Prototype 2.

Also, you even said that Alex gradually lose his biomass during his fight with James, who then had enough biomass to kill all infected from a diameter of the city, including all types of Brawlers and Juggernauts. This means that James had consumed Alex's biomass that had been depleted to a level that James is. If not, then the glow from the greater Infected creatures' bodies would still be in the city but no, there's no glow roaming around New York Zero. James would at least be able to destroy a town with his devastator and survive the same 5x Hiroshima nuke as well. Therefore, Alex would have a much higher amount of biomass than the James even with the combine biomass of both since Mercer was able to keep up with James superior tactics and experience for a very, very long time, even without his Agile Armor. Also, I don't know what got me to say about the helicopter thing but hey, his kick is almost the same as empowered Cole's, who looked as if he got a stomachache, rocket against Bertrand's helicopter.

Yes, The Beast can teleport but, Cole never used his Radar Pulse once he 'defeated' The Beast in the first battle because he thought he came out victorious. He even stopped spamming his ionic storm on him because The Beast's face broke down apart, making it look like he's dead. Yes, Cole's Radar Pulse does confirm whether he's enemy is dead or not but, it doesn't alarm him of his thoughts of his enemies dead since he had to activate it to do so. Hell, he didn't know that Kessler still had a sum of might and will even he was first gradually weakened by rockets, grenades and bolts, then get shocked by the face, shoryukened to the jaw and get rained down on by a lightning storm.

Cole then got his face slapped by Kessler just to make him realize the incoming threat of The Beast. He even made the same mistake of letting go of The Beast when he struck his lightning storm on the face. And once been told that to fully kill The Beast is to use the RFI, he knew he had to do whatever it is to kill him. But, in this case scenario, he wouldn't know of Alex's durability limit and once he saw Alex's guts spilled out, he'll think that he's dead. And, once Alex is healing, Cole would notice have to quickly pull out his hands to shock him while Alex can just air dash recovery while regenrating and use his claws and create a lock on, out of nowhere groundspike upon him. Also, Alex's groundspike damage and area effect only depends on the charge time and Alex do not need to charge fully and can charge for a split second and get his groundspike to kill Cole in almost an actual instant. And finally, here is my freaking first evidence properly given:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111191852/4819387-3037868488-34502.jpg

And there we are, I said this one more time, Alex was able to move fast enough from a very far end of the large tendrils to another point near the broken down helicopter in almost a split second. Even if you were to blink, he'll already be very close to his destination.

The more I look at this the more weary I get. Oh well. As annoying as it is I have to keep going

>Vomit Projectiles

The whole key thing about that mission was to deflect the vomit projectiles. And Cole was succeeding in doing so

>Omnidirectional attack

The key thing is to use it against Alex. The attack itself is strong enough to kill anyone that's caught in it if you're lucky, then again hard to try. Anyway point is? It'll be enough to actually daze Alex with the knockback and electrocution since Alex himself has been shown to be knocked around by explosions unless he properly defends himself

Besides, I have explained with Whipfist

-> Leaves Alex open for a brief moment

-> Can still be at least deflected

.> Can be used as a conduit to zap Alex

>One shotting a chopper

I just explained how he was about to black out before using that rocket. Aside from unlocking a new power, that's all he gets. And he was simply using a simple rocket. Really, it's a freaking electric rocket. A shock grenade can destroy walls and vehicles with ease. His precision is a sniper rifle. Is it that hard to believe that a man that can will the power of lightning cannot one shot vehicles with rockets when they are called rockets and said rockets can actually harm giant monsters? Is it really that hard to believe? Cole has repeatedly shown the capabilities to easily stomp the military in the same vein as Alex. Is it really that hard to believe?

>Movement Speed

Job when the miltiary is over- what exactly do you mean?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/3067658-if-02-pg-017.jpg

I don't know. Maybe just maybe being ambushed by a chopper and shot at before he could react, only to dodge not even a second after? Seems like it also applies to his movement speed anyway. Ain't aim dodging if you don't know where an enemy is shooting from.

>Cross encounter

Fair enough, but Cole is smart enough to figure out weaknesses. So I don't think there's much issue with that.

>He's infected

Okay cool, but to what extent? At best we can only guess he got a light dosage of whatever makes them strong. We can't be sure that he has the power to take on explosions and I'm still sure that the reason why Alex couldn't close in and properly hurt him is because of that electric rod. In real canon he's not as tanky as hell because otherwise that would also mean Alex could die to bullets. So what if they want a single human to be able to go toe to toe with Alex? It's simply a matter of tactics vs raw power. Of course Cross still lost but he's still mostly human. Say Cross can take on hits from Alex, and you'll be pretty much saying that each spark attack from him will take out a bigger chunk of Alex's health and bullets can kill him.

There's a limit to how gameplay mechanics scale to real canon. There's no way Cross could take a hit if not for him using that electric baton.

>Not screaming in anger

I don't know, the quotes he makes when hunting Taggart and those who piss him off seem to say otherwise. Regardless, I'm sure he would be having issue with Cross despite him being barely superhuman at best

>Alex's shield not as great as Heller DESPITE CREATING HELLER

And the PIS of Prototype 2 amazes me even more.

>Why should it be harder?

Oh I don't know, to PROVIDE SOME CHALLENGE? Maybe? Maybe just maybe other people want to actually play a game and have fun but at the same time not breeze through everything? Regardless that's not the point

>Greater tactics

I'm referring to how James seems to be somehow more tactical than Alex when Alex should've been so much more skilled

> Cole despite having matching reactions now is still unable to hit his tornado attack that Alex would not expect

And if Cole gets grabbed? He's gonna shock Alex with ease. So so so much ease. And did you not see my comment about what if Alex gets stunned and then hit with an Ionic?

> Not his top speed at his final fight

So? That's still the speed he's going to be using and just shows that means Alex needs longer distance to reach his acceleration.

> Critical Pain compariso

So James share the same feats as Alex now right? Right?

> Why Alex is so slow

So? It's still slow. It still takes time to charge up, and that's still something.

> Why give Cole more powers

Because you seem to be having fun doing that to Alex with wanking him to claim he can survive nukes when he can get done in by a man who barely has the DC to destroy a city in one go. And are you saying we're letting him have that upgrade or not? Because if he has that, then Alex's options to close in gets very limited

> James consumed Alex's biomass that had been depleted to a level that James is

Okay, so that means Alex can be struck down to a level where he's weaker than James. And I'm pretty sure that James only had that feat because of consuming Alex. And are we gonna go by gameplay mechanics again? Because I remember whooping Alex Mercer's ass in that final boss stage. So if we go by that, James wasn't even trying when Alex took him out. Just because one takes long or quickly on a battle doesn't mean that's going to be the timeframe of a battle.

>Helicopter thing

Yeah. It's weird

>Because he thought he was victorious

OR MAYBE THE PIER WAS SINKING AS HIS FRIEND HAD JUST SAID AND HE WAS IN A DAMN HURRY TO NOT GET SOAKED

Maybe that. Just saying. Besides, Cole isn't as dumb as before anyway. After all, when the Beast got beaten the second time with the nuke? He didn't choose to stay and fight, he chose to back off. When the Beast came back once again, he chose to get some help from the local rebels. There's also the fact that out of all the enemies Cole faced, The Beast is the only one that cracked his head open and still got up moments later. So if anything that'll make him be more wary of Alex if he discovers he can shapeshift

>Hell, he didn't know that Kessler still had a sum of might and will even he was first gradually weakened by rockets, grenades and bolts, then get shocked by the face, shoryukened to the jaw and get rained down on by a lightning storm.

Your phrasing is weird. Can you fix that? And if you're saying he wasn't expecting Kessler to still be up and conscious, and be able to move faster than he did before. He almost attacked him in the cutscene before he got grabbed and had his new memories

> Threat of Beast

Justifiable. Understandable. But I don't know, kinda hard to do when the landscape around you is crumbling. Aka the Pier. Sinking. As said by his friend. You know.

> Would think Alex feigning death would kill him

You try feigning death while being zapped repeatedly. And the guy regenerates arms and shifts his body. Hell Cole can see his internal composition and figure out he's a virus. You're still saying Cole is as dumb as a regular character when he gave no chance for the Beast to recover himself. If Alex takes hits from him, he's going to know he's not normal. And again, continuous internal damage that's actually going to threaten to kill Alex if he keeps still. Kinda hard to not scream in pain when your entire body insides are getting fried

And again, QUICK SHOCK

Lightning versus groundspike. I wonder which one is better. And oh wait, here's a funny thing. What would you do when an enemy that can shapeshift stabs his arm onto the ground. Do you stand there like an idiot waiting what happens? Or would you roll and follow the months of experience you have fighting?

Whoopee Doo.

Is this in the intro? Because I can't seem to find it in Prototype 2.

And I'll point it out agai

Cole is not a dumbass

Cole can still move at supersonic speeds and react to supersonic enemies at a base level

Can deflect attacks instead of reflecting them to minimize energy cost

Alex is still vulnerable to electricity

If we want to use gameplay mechanics Cole can also survive that black hole move that The Beast uses, and being gripped by The Beast's gigantic hands. So he can take a couple of hits from Alex that way.

At this point I'm really feeling tired of this debate because of differing time zones and lateness of each response. Besides, general consensus seem to agree that Cole beats Alex on various other sites too

Yeah, well. If Alex were to be a ruthless killer to slaughter the weaker Evolveds that he created through some hard work of thinking whether he should recruit them or not and building them up slower than his usual methods and consume them like James, I guess he could beat James with a greater combined tactics. Sure, provide others more challenge when they're still in depression that to win the game is to actually kill Alex who is, to many of them, their favourite character in the prototype games. And if Cole wasn't aim dodging, how was he able to get very close to the helicopter without getting much bulletholes? Either he's lucky and still have peak human movement speeds but great reaction speed only or he has great reflexes than above average human and supersonic reaction speed to aim dodge the gatling gun. And, the pier, somehow, started breaking down at the moment after he stopped raining down lightning on the Beast and thinking he's dying. Even if the pier is breaking down, can't he fly up in the air and go towards the boat like how he was in the end battle since you said he was able to be as powerful as before? And, if the pier was breaking down as Cole was fighting the Beast, that shows how much zeke is as one of the worst friend Cole has ever met, he could have alarmed him on the walkie talkie during the battle with, "Cole! Your awesome battle with The Beast has left conduit energy waves that is breaking down the entire pier, thus you have to get abck on the boat!" or something like that.

Also, I'm not going with game mechanics here. If Alex can't keep up with James and there's a lore, Alex would still say those quotes as he beat the ever living crap out of James while Heller did the same with Mercer. If he didn't keep up for a long time, how does it need four times of depleting the health bar to take him down and finally rip off the arms? Hell, James did a large number of attacks on him that could have killed a regular Evolved 10x fold and Alex was even confronting James to be the 'grandfather of the new world' and that just boosted James' determination to kill him.

True, Cole succeeded in redirecting the vomit projectiles...that are the homing ones and not the large ones. He wasn't able to deflect the larger vomit projectiles that Bertrand had exerted out. And Alex didn't show any proof that he could use the two shields and if we were to bring in that as his power as well, that makes him get more of the advantage because he probably could deflect the electric homing rockets.

Plus, he can feign death as he get zapped repeatedly until his torso finally explode from continuous ionic storm, like feigning death from being shot to the head by Randall. And, he is able to even deactivate his regenerative system in the same cutscene as he snuck up on Randall and consume his ass. He was even able to get the same bullethole for so long that the time was all of Randall talking to Cross disguised supreme hunter. Why he was screaming at Taggart well, he shouted as him because he really, really, REALLY wanted Randall to pay for 'erasing Hope' after like three weeks and would want to stop him from destroying New York which is bascially he's home city and if Randall succeeded, Alex'll take god knows how long jumping on water over and over to another country and then salute at whatever's left of New York. The only people who he's very mad at are mainly Randall, because he was the main reason for the cause of Greene's creation of the infected that led to Dana being nearly killed, forcing his girlfriend to backstab him, getting literally backstab by Cross who was ordered by Randall to do so, and sometimes James who had took away most of his hard work like how he took away James' wife's life(No offense).

Plus, he's not angry, he's trying to say that he's God among the bullets, rockets, tankshells, armor and supersoldiers of the Military and Blackwatch like some punk kid saying how much he's a tank towards every punch his enemies did. And, you even said he'll be hurt more towards bullets and get his health depleted more because of the sparks since Cross gets more strength and durability. Hmm, I wonder how Cross can do more damage than before when he clearly was able to get super strength and durability WHILE using the stun baton on Alex. Hell, his dodge roll kick was able to do the same chunk as how he was able to do with the stun baton so, basically a stun baton that effs things up even with chunks of sparks emitting out to the open air cannot do anything much to Alex. And, now that he has much more durability than before, he gets to be able to tank the shock of that type of stun baton as if it was nothing.

Also, James doesn't have the critical pain devastator, all he has that is similar is the black hole one that connects with other objects using tendrils and even with that amount of objects sticked together, he can't destroy a tank with just that and Alex's critcial pain devastator does even on impact. And no, I meant the reason why Alex's devastator is slow is because of the shockwaves thing, blah blah blah and I didn't mean he is slow. If it were to be real life or so, he would be aiming at the enemy while creating shockwaves out of his hands to boost the critical pain devastator tendril. And hey, if James was able to react to homing rockets behind his back, beside him and even a point blank one to a point he can deflect it back with the shields and was able to do so at the near start of the game, Alex would have a better reaction speed and be able to air dash towards Cole the moment he's doing his ionic freeze or vortex and either grab him and toss him back like how David did or simply punch his jaw out to the point not even his regenerative ability could fix the damage.

And the Kessler thing, I just stated you the entire fight of him against Cole. Cole uses his rockets, his bolts, his grenades on him while Kessler uses his own powers but it drains him as well. And with that, he gradually weakens and he even tried shocking Cole's brain but, Cole had an immense amount of determination when Zeke flew back. Cole then shock his face for a second, then uppercut(which is the reason why I said shoryuken) his jaw and rain down a lightning storm on Kessler. And then there, he defeated Kessler. However, Kessler was able to get to Cole's face and put his hand onto it, thus showing him all the memories...while Cole only tried resisting his arms and not pulling his own arms out to shoot him. And even though Alex shows off his shapeshifting ability, does that prove anything for Cole that he would be inhumane enough to be very deadly? No. True, as he shapeshift, he was able to show off his tendrils and disgusting inner guts but, does Cole know anything about the blacklight virus? No, he doesn't. And does he know about Alex's feat of surviving? No, he doesn't. Is he one of the bio scientist of the blacklight virus? No, he isn't.

And finally, does it take so much time for the groundspike to reach to the lock on target and come out. Little did It only depend on the distance between alex and the target but still, like I showed you, the spikes came out in a near instant and just by a quick jab to the ground, all the soldiers started screaming in agony. And hell, almost everything about Mercer is already much better than before once he consumed the 5 better Evolveds, his tactics, strength, speed, durability and even intelligence increases in such great heights. Plus, I'll say it one more time, Alex's air dash is a quicker way for him to nearly reach to his maximum speed just by dashing forward instead of accelerating.

And, I'm not havin fun with 'claiming' that Alex can tank the nuke. It's logical. Hell, do you even see Prototype 1 Alex, who survives a 5x hiroshima bomb, and James, who deserted New York Zero entirely from Infected after consuming a much smaller amount of biomass from Alex, become taller, have glowing eyes and getting their tendrils to glow orange if they consumed as much as they could? No, Prototype 2 Alex consumed much more than enough biomass to at least already surpass his previous feat of surviving the nuke. That's why, in his profile, he was stated by someone to be able to have enough biomass to wip the entire city out and survive the same as well. Also, Alex lost his glow once he lost much biomass for James to consume. And the maximum amount he lost was the amount of biomass lost by James' countless of repeated attacks that destroys many tanks and armored helicopters with ease and the amount from 4 arms. his Blade, Whipfist and Hammerfist.

And surprise, surpirse. If we were to use game mechanics, Beast's black holes does the same amount of damage as a rocket and his hands doesn't apply much force upon crushing Cole as if it was like the big dudes using a minigun on him. And yeah, others do agree that Cole could beat Alex...because they don't realise that this fight is like pokemon. It's like a lvl 78 charizard against a lvl 43 blastoise. And charizard would beat Blastoise if all its abilities are just normal to the water type pokemon and if all the Blastoise abilities are the weakness to the fire type pokemon.The ones who agrees that Cole would even didn't summarise much about whether Alex has a weakness to electricity or not and they don't know that even though one opponent has the other one's weakness, it doesn't mean that the other one wouldn't be great enough in raw strength, speed and durability to resist his own weakness and beat the ever living crap of the one that had the weakness.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Alex can either use the pathetic prototype 2 hammerfist groundspike or the better prototype 1 claw groundspike.

So, we finished here or what? Can we already give the tie to Alex because I don't know if he would be go up too well against Evil Cole. So, Death Battle Mike, could you help put this battle as a tie for both Alex and Cole? And allow Alex another ability which is 'electricity endurance' or something?

I would appreciate if you don't coute me out yet just because I haven't responded two days. I have exams coming up and I'd like to focus on them but I'd only like to take a break from vs battles that takes us both an hour to respond

And I won't even get started on how wrong you are on getting electric endurance from a fight that actually showed how vulnerable to an electric prod. I'll respond to you on the weekends

>Alex and James relatio

In all honesty I think Alex should've won against him either way but then again my opinion seems irrelevant on that with the WoG of James winning somehow

>Cole aim dodge Without getting much bullet holes?

This was a different chopper from the one he oneshotted. And he was ambushed, yet he doesn't look touched.

>Counter on the pier

Clever response, actually considered that. But then again there seems to be a limit on how high he can fly. Maybe it uses electromagnetism to interfere with geological electricity related to latitude and longtitude in order to keep him above. At least he seems to have shown a much more experienced way of using it compared to the past when he can only glide. Basically he needs the ground to hover over, or enough electricity to power himself up. He may be using energy from the Beast to keep himself afloat back then. Then again his friends were asking him to get there too.

And that's what Zeke exactly did.... Well it was beginning to break down during the battle, but only began to fall apart once Cole defeated the Beast. And Cole surely didn't want the big boat to be a big target for the Beast who can easily destroy it.

>Not Gameplay Mechanics

Well basically you can just say that Alex is much more durable than James, but I wouldn't say he can survive four nukes when he nearly died to just one that he nearly got away from. Instead of saying that Alex is exactly four times stronger than James, and not to mention that James hasn't exaclty shown any feats of tanking any nukes either so tanking four nukes seems a lot like well bs scaling. James is strong, but no Evolved has survived a nuke without luck and effort of trying to get away. And that "Would have killed a regular Evolved 10x fold" Seems a lot like hyperbole. I've seen fights with the Evolved, I don't think James will be oneshotting anyone. And isn't it the mother of the new world for Maya? For the final fight? Sides, Supreme Hunter biomass was what allowed Alex to survived that nuke, so maybe you can argue that he can survive again thanks to that amount of biomass, but no way can he tank four nukes

>Vomit Projectiles and Dual Shield

I think you lost me. You mean the huge huge ones? Cause if so then that could be gameplay mechanics. The same reason why Greene's shockwaves weren't destroying buildings, and same for Alex and tanks.
I think that's fair. Hell Alex should've been able to dual wield in my opinion. And how would you explain that he'll resist the electrocution when the output is much much stronger than what Cross has? I don't think it's possible to deflect homing electric rockets anyway

>Feign Death

I'm just going to repeat what I said since even if Cole sees Alex explodes, he's not going to take it easy against someone who can regenerate.

You try feigning death while being zapped repeatedly. And the guy regenerates arms and shifts his body. Hell Cole can see his internal composition and figure out he's a virus. You're still saying Cole is as dumb as a regular character when he gave no chance for the Beast to recover himself. If Alex takes hits from him, he's going to know he's not normal. And again, continuous internal damage that's actually going to threaten to kill Alex if he keeps still. Kinda hard to not scream in pain when your entire body insides are getting fried

>Screaming (Why are you saying no offense lol)

Anyway, how did we get to screaming again?

Anyway not quite sure where you're getting with this. It has been awhile and looking at my response doesn't show anything

>Not angry

He sounds pretty angry to me, and everyone else. Why else is everyone so scared after all? Even the military was panicking

>Bullet damage-

I'm sorry you lost me. Where are you going with this?

Now you're overrelying on damage statistics on the Game. Didn't we just discuss how trusting gameplay mechanics doesn't work?

The only thing true about that fight is that Cross was able to drive him back due to electrocuting him.

And again, NOTHING has shown Alex to be more resistant to electricity.

I point back to the hydra that was being suppressed with an electric baton on its prison before James Heller arrived.

You still have no valid proof on where exactly he developed electric resistance.

I believe that the more Alex is hit by something, the more he adapts against it.

But electric weapons seem to be a very very rare case while he gets hit by bullets all the time.

So his physical resistance improves but electric resistance? he never had any in the first place

>James doesn't have critical pain. only a black hole

Oh okay. So? We're not even discussing him? And by comparing that to Alex it only shows the gap between the two and you're relying on gameplay mechanics again and unintentionally nerfing James and Alex?

>REACTING TO HOMING ROCKETS

As I said before it would be reeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeaaaally lovely if you could send me some LINKS to videos providing those feats. Just saying.

>Better Reaction Speed

allows one to dodge the ionic freeze or vortex Yeah no. Area of effect attack? Remember?

Regenerative ability... are you... um referring to the same person? And in all honesty like the conduits of the new games, Cole would just regenerate his arm by absorbing energy

>Kessler is drained

He wanted to die though. So even if he is old, which was probably why he rested time to time, he was recovering energy naturally.
And as I said, Kessler was faster on his feet.

I don't know. I don't think a man who can form blades on his arms and eats people for food is 'humane'. But then again maybe I'm just a normal person who's afraid of things that are called monsters by anyone.

So what if he doesn't? He'll still sense him in his radar and the x-ray about how there's movement. He's going to zap him repeatedly regardless. Kessler he was unable to defend because he was an old man and not to mention this was when he was weaker and less experienced. He's much stronger and smarter now

>Groundspike

I mean that would be cool and all. But yes, I did see it. And it is not INSTANT just because it happened in two panels in a comic. That'll be like me saying Cole instantly appeared out of nowhere to deflect that rocket. And that's just too much isn't it? Anda gain, Supersonic reactions and leaves Alex vulnerable

..... Remind me, who are these five Evolved? The ones in the end? Maybe that's why he got all that health and durability. And for speed? He's as slow as a tortoise with an anvil. Why do you think people complained that it was such an easy boss fight? James is faster and I don't think intelligence matter at that point seeing as how everyone should be freaking geniuses with how much people they consume on a daily basis right? And in all honesty, if Alex could do that that would be awesome. But he never did that in the last fight either right? So either he's a lot slower than one expects, or maybe air dashing doesn't work that way aside from a nice momentary speed boost.

>Alex survived a nuke

Alex eats a Supreme Hunter that has a massive biomass

Alex tries to pilot the helicopter away after dropping the nuke underwater

Alex almost gets away with the helicopter

Alex gets hit by the edge of the nuke Alex barely survives as a goop

He regenerated faster because of that Crow

That is not equal to tanking a nuke

Wiping out every monster in a city does not mean you're city level.

And since when has someone explained that Alex has no limits? Clearly biomass can be gained but there seems to be critical mass which reduces as time passes. then again that's GM so I won't argue over it too much, but basically? Saying Alex will indefinitely keep getting stronger and faster since he was given a time frame is sensible, but also unfair. Claiming he could survive a nuke now because 'lol he's a lot stronger now' is only speculation. Sure he has enough biomass to wipe out a city, OF ITS MONSTERS, but not to destroy the city itself. Otherwise wouldn't that be the easier method of destroying city after city instead of pointlessly staying in one city?

Yeah, and what do we learn today from sensei?

That's right, GAMEPLAY MECHANICS IS A HORRIBLE PLACE TO GATHER FEATS FROM.

The only reason why electric weakness is valid for Alex is because it shows up before the actual gameplay happens

If the fight is like Pokemon, Cole would one shot Alex. That same Blastoise can easily one shot Charizard if given the opportunity. All it takes is one good hit and even if that's the case, it would be much more complex than that. It'll be like a hypercarry tank with no magic resist faced against a squishy but a capable mage who can root and stun with low CD. Even if the mage is weaker and deals less damage, if the hypercarry cannot approach there will be nothing he could do but lose.

Oh simple. Because the common consensus is that Alex has NEVER shown ever adapting from electricity. Which is probably why no one else is saying anything.

...Wooooooooooow. I cannot believe that telling someone about Cross' abilities and capabilities could still make him/her not believe that Alex wouldn't have electric endurance. Sure, he can get stunned but, doesn't mean that he could overcome such bolts with much difficulty like against Cross, even the ionic storm that only breaks the beast's face apart and an aircraft anchor. Not to mention, if Cross have all that strength and durability DURING his fight against Alex with the stun baton, how he feel every swipe, with strength and stun baton that isn't any normal electric prod because it shoots out larger sparks, like he just felt a rocket each? Plus, if Alex has so much trouble lifting a tank and need his muscle mass to do so in PROTOTYPE 1, how powerful do you think he is when he just flip the tank like it was just a styrofoam tablet and suck up five evolveds? Oh wait! Wrong question. How fast is he now since he was able to escape UH-60 Blackhawks, AH-64s and shape shift to get rid of alert, create small sonicbooms at the first start of the second game. He even zig zag around James who was in mid-air. And hell, just by landing normally in the first cutscene of the second game and not doing a dive-bomb, he created a huge area shockwave that blew away James and create a crater upon impact. This shows how heavy Alex is and how much biomass he then had. It's even before eating the 5 Evolveds. Cole CAN'T move supersonic when he can just use super reflexes to dodge the bullets like how Alex used the same speed against a similar gatling gun and even got close to the gunner while Cole just jumped on to the helicopter screen where the gatling gun isn't close to his face.And, if you want Cole to have supersonic speed like in the comics, why can't I want Alex to have his groundspike to be able to move supersonic speed since it's like the same as your other comic page. And if you say that Kessler was drained, did ya see the lightning particles move from his body to Cole's? No. The same with Sasha when you try to shock her face as well. Plus, if you want to be like that saying that Heller has no feat of surviving a nuke, fiiine. We won't have Cole doing the same recovery as Delsin, being able to be smoke particles or neon or video or whatever as he get back up since Cole wasn't seen able to regenerate like that, more like Flash regenerating without showing electricity. And, Delsin was seen losing ashes or neon or video when being shot while Cole was seen losing blood. So, I don't know if Cole could just suck up electricity to replace his arm, much much muuuch like Kessler who needs a new but mechanical arm.And speaking of electricity, in prototype 2, the scientists' electric prod only create small amount of electricity on the Hydra. Do you see small electric explosion occurring in the second game? Of course not. Did you see large electric explosion nearly around a human's upper body and torso by Cross' stun baton? Yes. Why? Well, scientists want to try and sedate the Hydra by charging volts around the body to override the nervous system which didn't really work out since Heller's badass appearance agitated it and Cross wanted to kill the Infected with a much stronger stun baton. Do you really think that one little electric prod that only works well against cows and other animals can go up against Alex whose nervous system is beyond peak human since he was able to recover right off the bat once shocked? And, Alex seemed to be able to take hits by Cross' strength enhanced attacks with stun baton that explodes electricity on impact with the mindless Infected while ripping them apart.Remember Cross? You know, the guy you said it was all 'tactics and experience vs all raw strength and power' against Merce-*Lex Luthor voice* WRONG!! Remember how you could upgrade your marksmanship of guns, use of tanks and helicopters? Yeah. Wouldn't that mean that he could increase his intellect in combat or other things, depending in the type of person? Yup. Why? Remember Dr. Koenig? He's some bio-scientist to be able to do summersaults, horizontal spinning attacks and same with other Evolveds like Roland, Dr Archer and so so many more and they're just below those 5 Evolveds that Mercer brought. And now that he had eat up countless of military and Blackwatch soldiers and commanders who should have went through hell in the army for at least several years, he would have the combined tactics and combat intellect to encounter Cross' possible years of training, experience and tactics, making this an easy fight for him to be unharmed in the next cutscene.Plus, if you think James can't beat Alex using combat tactics, how was he able to kill a spiked brawler as a human with just an assault rifle? Man, I have to say this over and over and over. Heller is a skilled fighter, even compared to a Blackwatch commander since he slaughtered the crap out of a Brawler with a knife in close combat and Alex was just a bio-scientist who only learn how to kickbox, due to the appearance of his melee with just his fists.And if you say Alex is a tortoise with an anvil, how da hell was he able to move as fast as Heller's maximum speed that was faster than speed that creates small sonicbooms at the start without accelerating? And, how was he able to move to a different direction without having to decelerate first like in prototype 1 and 2? James was even able to create a sonic boom and a very huge creator when dive-bombing by a distance close to a small building and landed on impact with the Blackwatch soldiers, cars and I mean, James was able to do all that because Alex gave him more biomass to feed on and become something like this at the start. And, about the homing rockets reaction, just type something about Prototype 2 creator trailer or Prototype-Mass Bar: "Devastator" Gameplay. You'll see James dodging locked on rockets while fighting the Orion Phase Two.True, you're right about Alex being not human like those corrupted but, Cole didn't face any type of Corrupted that survives a nuke and don't know about Alex's feats. Yes, Cole would see his internal organ thing, doesn't mean Cole would know that he's a little bit like David and would have to be torn apart or something to kill him. And, you're going through Pokemon games, not like the ones in the anime, manga or so. Remember grey and red's fight between blastoise and charizard? This is no 100% accuracy thing because Charizard can just dodge Blastoise's hydro pump, bubble gun or other water techniques, like Alex dodging Cole's bolts, grenades and rockets.And like I said, when Cole charges up his ionic attacks, this gives Alex the opening to rush up with an air dash and punch him, kick him, grab and throw him or just stab him with his blade or claw or groundspike since it takes the ionic attacks around a second to charge up. And by the way, if you said it was a 'two panel' screen thing, how were the spikes able to fully come out from the ground at the next second after Alex pushed his hammerfist into the ground in the previous picture?True, the pier was breaking down during the fight. However, that still doesn't mean that Cole would let go of his enemy because of that. He stopped raining lightning on The Beast after he saw his face being torn apart and that's even before the pier started shattering apart, losing its stability. You saw Cole, stopping his ionic storm once The Beast's face was broken as he felt utter agony and dying dramatically, sinking into the sea. He was just standing there, admiring his work of the Beast dying like, "Wow, I just killed someone that my future self couldn't handle because he has a family to protect."Plus, Alex wasn't actually seen consuming the Supreme Hunter. What was only seen was after the supreme hunter's health was completely depleted, it gone off to a short cutscene of it bleeding profusely without any of Alex's tendrils taking in the biomass, even after it had his head chopped off, leaving it to die and still, there weren't any tendrils consuming the remaining biomass. Therefore, Alex may have been able to consume all those infected and humans in just three weeks to be able to survive a 5x hiroshima nuke. He might even do better with more amount of biomass in 2 years and including the 5 Evolveds. And, I never said James was a city level but at least a town level but, with the conbined biomass of his and a weakened Mercer.And if you said that Kessler wanted to die, wouldn't that mean he's just holding back, even not using his teleporting skillz to the maximum? This would change Cole's feat of killing teleporters who are at a 'fast rate' since he gone up against a not 100% Kessler and some mind controlled druggie conduits with absolutely no superpower tactics. Plus, if it were to be game mechanics, why can't the creators allow Cole to simply push back the large vomjt projectiles? There's already enough difficulty, handling both walkers and that weird pile of crap that Bertrand is. And, Cole didn't one shot the helicopter that Bertrand was in because if it was one-shotted. How come it was still working until they crash-landed on one far side of the town near the bridge? And you're welcome for being reminded of this.

I'm gonna try to make this as short as possible. First, the electric prod used by the scientists on the Hyrda wasn't really much like the stun baton Cross had. Reason why? Because it did not sent out large sparks, it did not create an electric explosion that is close to the human's body torso and upper body and it's, somehow, mainly used for cows and other animals. They tried to sedate the Hydra but weren't able to since it got agitated by Heller's badass appearance while Cross wanted to kill Alex with the much more powerful stun baton but he failed as you saw. And, if you think the fight between Cross and Alex is mainly tactics, experience and training vs raw strength and power well, you're *Lex Luthor's voice* WRONG!! Remember that you can upgrade your marksmanship of guns, driving of tanks and helicopters? Yea. And, remember Dr. Koenig? He's suppose to be a regular old man bio-scientist of Gentek. That's what we thought until the cutscene of him summa-saulting the crap out of James while doing horizontally spin attacks and even move swiftly. It's the same with other Evolveds such as Roland, Dr. Archer and so, so many more and they're below the 5 Evolveds Alex brought in.

Plus, if they know how to be able to train their combat intellect, Alex would do the same and he would have been able to defeat Cross at least nearly unharmed. And just by landing normally like he usually do, he even caused a huge aera shockwave that blew James away, along with small fragment debris. This shows how heavy Alex is and how much biomass he contained. James had shown countless of times being able to create sonicbooms whether he's air dashing, sprinting, divebombing and was even able to cause cars, large military transport trucks and even tanks without having to use his devastator and just by divebombing by a distance of a small building and you're calling Alex a tortoise with an anvil. Can James be able to move at speed that creates streaks by the body without accelerating? No. Can he stop quickly and chang direction without having to decelerate? No. But, Alex can.

And, Cole doesn't have supersonic movement speed because Cole was able to dodge the bullets with supersonic reflexes and reactions. If he did have such speed, why can't he be able to do the same in the second game? Plus, if you were to not allow James to be able o survive a nuke because 'there isn't a feat done by him', there won't be a feat of Cole being able to do the same as Delsin when he tries to get back up on his feet. Delsin was seen turning to ashes, neon and video while getting up while Cole had to do the usual way. Delsin was seen losing ashes, neon and video while being shot while Cole was losing blood. So, there won't be any way that Cole could replace his arm just by absorbing electricity, much much much like Kessler and his mechanical arm.

And, Cole doesn't one shot Bertrand's helicopter but only caught it on fire. Why? If he were to seriously one-shot the chopper, Bertrand would probably dead in his human form andthe chopper wouldn't be working to fly to a far side of the town close to a bridge. A place where it's more than 15 buildings away from the initial position where Cole got his new powers and Cole was even empowered to catch the helicopter on fire.

The reason why James is able to defeat Alex is because he has the tactics that not even a bunch of Blackwatch soldiers could have combined. He killed a spike brawler AS A HUMAN with an assault rifle and slaughtered the crap out of the brawler with a knife in clode combat while Alex was once a bio-scientist who only learn some kickboxing techniques due to his appearance of his melee with just his fist. So yeah, James would be much more of a skilled fighter than Alex, making it his victory. And, you're right about the pier breaking down during the fight but, if you were to see Cole raining down lightning on the Beast's face, you should see him standing there, admiring at the Beast's face broken apart and dying dramatically while sinking into the sea like "Wow, I just killed someone that my future self can't handle because he has a family to save. That was easy"

It's the same with his first fight against Bertrand as he continued taunting at him while not realising that tha doesn't kill him completely. Alex is angry...becaue of Randall who ordered Cross to nearly kill him, his ex to betray him, a group of military marines to blow up his apartment, the main reason for the blacklight, the one who got Dana kidnapped. Would you not be pissed off when someone got your ex to betray you, someone to nearly kill you, destroy your apartment, kidnap your sister? Guess not. And Taggart was his main ticket to his revenge against Randall.

And, I never said that James was a city level destroyer but at least a town level buster. However, he's a town level buster when he finally have a combined biomass of his and a weakened Mercer. Also, Alex wasn't seen consuming the supreme hunter. All there was was him killing it, forcing to bleed profusely and had his head chopped off but, Alex's tendrils wasn't seen feeding the rest of the biomass. Alex was the main reason why the Supreme Hunter would survive the nuke because his biomass is more than enough to probably tank it once combined with its. Therefore, he may even survive more than the nuke with the amount of biomass from innocents for two years and the 5 evolveds since consuming millions in three weeks would allow him to survive the nuke. And you're right, Alex wouldn't be known as human when his tendrils are exposed but, Cole wouldn't know he would be able to survive the nuke. Cole would know he's something like the Corrupted but, he still wouldn't know the exact limits Alex would have. Radar Pulse or not, he still is quite cocky when finishing off the bosses.

Alex's groundspike would be able to pop out completely at the split second he slammed his hammerfist to the ground. And, for the homing rocket reaction thing, just type Prototype 2 Mass Bar: "Devastator" Gameplay and you'll see James dodging locked on rockets while fighting Orion Phase Two. Once Cole charge up his ionic attack, Alex can just rush up with an air dash and punch him, consume him, grab him and throw him, use a groundspike and many other ways.

I'll keep this brief since typing too long would take too much time and cause too much exposition

Electric Prod argument

- So it's weaker

- It was used to sedate the Hydra, which the soldiers stopped doing once they realize Hames was there

Cross vs Alex

- I never meant that. If anything I think Alex defeated Cross because he began outwitting him, aka using projectiles and avoiding close combat once he realizes getting close is a bit hard. And judging from what happened I don't think Alex got away too harmed, but not unscathed either

Evolved are better

- Okay, that's great. But that doesn't mean they're as powerful as Alex. Their bodies gets enhanced to superhuman levels allowing them to do various feats. And how would you find evidence for the 5 evolveds being much stronger than the rest?

Weight typically means slower speed

- At least in normal logic. Besides, if Alex is heavy all the time wouldn't that mean a single chop would be incredibly heavy? Taking in the fact that it would require great energy to always keep up that weight moving the entire time, taking into account the amount of people Alex has consumed. It's more likely that Alex can become heavy by focusing biomass into certain areas, in a similar way to Hammerfists. Or did you perhaps mean when Alex shrugged off human James?

Sonic Speed

- I would like to remind you that if they were literally speed of sound, then that would mean the Hunters themselves who have outsped Alex when he creates sonic booms before, should be on the same speed. And they can get tagged by Tanks. I think there's a limit to his speed and it's certainly not to the point of moving faster than bullets.

- That's impressive, but I'm not calling him a tortoise. I'm calling him something that isn't as fast as a bullet when he frequently gets tagged by melee attacks, guns, and barrages of rockets. Heck the military can see him while he fights too. And if they were truly faster than bullets then they would outspeed choppers before they can detect them, but the military forces they attack have enough time to call in airstrikes

Cole isn't supersonic

- True. But you know how hard it is for someone to animate bullet dodging in an open world game? Heck if that was the case Alex should have scenes like that too instead of running from bullets in the same vein as Cole. But point is, Cole has expressed the capability to do so in a calc with the assistance of a credible calcer. Alex on the other hand, well I'd be willing to do some calcs for him but the majority of his bullet dodging feats seemed to be mostly aim dodging in the comics.

- Fair enough on that feat done by him. In that caseI concede that point

Cole didn't one shot the chopper

- In that case, Cole was not noly weakened but he was also disoriented, and clearly shaky when he tossed that attack. Not to mention he just used his energy to power up the Power Exchanger. The helicopter almost got away too but was hit on the tail, which allowed it some time to crash towards the western side of the city. It's not empowered if one falls unconscious right after, since the abilities do trigger after his body settles with the changes. Otherwise from the start Cole would've shot off a hellfire or ice rocket

Why James defeated Alex

- I wish to avoid this topic but I will tell you one thing. If Alex consumses someone that consumed someone that consumed someone who can kill a runner, would that mean he has the capability to kill a runner unarmed before he got his powers? Basically in the end they end up with similar combat experience and talking about improved capabilities in combat between two evolved isn't really comparable. They're similar but neither is greater than the other probably

Pier

- Thing is, Cole seemed hesitant too on what happened after. He was ushered quickly anyway. Besides, it seems to be similar to "Huh. I defeated it? That was easy... I feel like something- ah! The pier is breaking!" But that's speculation. Both of us are speculating what Cole's thinking there so it's better off to avoid that

Taunting

- Do you mean the second fight where Cole purposely pisses him off to activate his form and show weveryone what he really is? Or the first time where he's stunned at Bertrand popping out of the Behemoth? Then again, one could argue that if Cole could've killed him then right there the people would think he's a monster for killing someone he tried to rescue. Kinda like in X-Men Days of Future Past with the blue shapeshifter, crud I forgot her name.

Angry Alex

- I never said that he wasn't pissed off

James and biomass from Supreme Hunter

- That's such a big enemy however. Alex had no reason to not consume the Supreme Hunter after a hefty fight that needed a bit of help from the military. If it hasn't been shown maybe he consumed him afterwards. After all, Alex would certainly consume something that tried to kill him afterwards. And we can't say that Alex himself has developed that much biomass in those years considering that there seems to be a limit on everyone's biomass. Remember the blue bar in the first game? Consuming too much would exceed that, but the amount of biomass depletes too. Point is, there is a limit to how much Alex can keep

Feign Death

- Thing is, even if Alex performs that, all it takes is one zap and he's back at the same situation. Hell it'll alarm Cole about his continuous Regenerationn if he hasn't been already wary. Afterwards Cole will just keep zapping him to the point that he either becomes ash, gets frozen, or gets turn to nothing. Electric surges that comes out of the body and is aimed everywhere tends to do that. Cole has shown a bit of cockiness but has been steadily becoming better and better. But I do agree that he can be cocky. Hell in the second game he's only cocky if he takes down someone, but he has the enough reactions to make up for it.

Groundspike

- As helpful that may be, Cole is not the type to stand still. Nor would he remain steady upon feeling the ground shake, and he has the reactions to dodge now. The moment Alex becomes stationary he will get zapped

Video amd s[eed

- I searched it up and only ended up seeing James being hit by rockets, the rockets missing because they were aimed elsewhere, and when he did dodge a rocket it was because he was already moving. Not to mention none of them were homing. Or am I on a different video? Either way you're undermining Cole's reaction speed. The speed of lightning or electricity is typically fast. And if Alex heads towards Cole, he can literally just let loose electricity everywhere zapping Alex no matter what angel he comes in from

Before I finish off I would like to thank you for this fun, informative and tiring debate. Typically when I deal with Prototype fans, they're not exactly friendly nor do they like to keep things coherent. You on the other hand have kept yourself organized, came up with new sensible feats, and debated well. Out of them all, you might be one of the smartest Prototype debater out there.

• sob* *sniff* That is by far the most nicest thing a person could do for me, complimenting me to be one of the smartest prototype fans. Unfortunately, these are crocodile tears and I know I'm smart. Why? Because most of the Prototype fans are too chaotic, destructive and don't rely on knowledge when it comes to this, thinking it would be obvious while I care more about the story and am still going through school. But, I sincerely appreciate your compliment, really.Anyway, homing rockets reaction, I just realise even James has that. Why? Because he can react to the rockets because he used his shields at the right moment before it could hit himand can just redirect it back. So yeah, if he can react to that so well, he can even dodge it before it could hit him, just like Alex. Plus, if you think that he doesn't have super sonic speed, how come sonicbooms keep occurring when he tried to run, air dash and dive bomb? Even forced the ground to shake and trucks, tanks to jump in the air just by stomping the ground. Like some quick quake with a magnitude of 4-6. Alex lands on the floor normally, he forced an area shockwave that blew away James, from a distance, off his feet. If they such strong leg muscles to be able to do something like a earthquake could do, why can't Alex be able to have the strength to push him to such supersonic speed? There was even a quote from the speed boost upgrade in prototype 1, "boost your joints and streamline you body structure to SPRINT faster than ever before." Do you honestly think that just by having heavy weight means slower speed? How about that fat green namekian thing from dragon ball? He looked fat but, doesn't mean his not slow. The reason why the hunters would be tagged by tanks is because the creators wouldn't really want you to react to something like that fast. This is not like the sonic games but, a chaotic and destructive game. If they were to seriously make them that fast in the game, our minds won't react to such speed and Alex would just speedblitz every enemy he came across, making this game done once from around 3-4 hours to minutes.If Alex have a limit to the amount of biomass he takes in, how come he can jump from being nearly killed by tank shells, rockets, infected attacks, and bullets WITHOUT the bulletproof award that could have destroyed only Times Square to surviving a nuke? If he were to consume the supreme hunter when its dead, how come he wasn't able to do the same as consume anything that is dead? And, if those 5 evolveds aren't stronger than regulars, how did Alex get glowing orange eyes, his back engulfed in tendrils and large bone/metal spikes coming out from his shoulder pads while James doesn't, even he tried to consume more than 10 regular evolveds? Wouldn't this prove that Alex would have more biomass than just being so dull in colour in Prototype 1?
    True, the scientists tried to sedate the Hydra with an electric prod that DOESN'T produce vast amount of electrical sparks just by activating it and doesn't even create electric explosions while Cross' stun baton does. He even tried to scratch the floor with it not too roughly and it even generated sparks on the floor. He tried to KILL Alex but, if all didn't work out, might as well sedate him with Penn Station reminding and anti virus so that he has no way to escape and just suffer to death by rockets, tank shells and bullets WITHOUT, again, the mutation award.
    And for the taunting, "ho, ho. What's the matter, big man? You done?" as he sees Bertrand dramatically sinking without knowing that that's actually Bertrand and he needs to die worse than just zapping the weak points. And speaking of, he looked at the Beast sinking into the sea while being REMINDED BY ZEKE ABOUT THE PIER SINKING. Did he even looked like he's hesitant as he stood there normally like what Saitama would against Boros or Sonic or whatever?
    Tricking Cole to think that he's dead is quite easy and plus, Alex can just shrug off the bolt and recover with an air dash recovery right after he got zapped by the bolt like how he did with the stun baton(not the tazing attack). And here, the proof of Alex being able to get close to the gunner to kill him while Cole somehow jumped onto the helicopter screen that has its gatling guns unable to move anywhere above since they're below the body:http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11119/111191852/4842718-5853129323-388e3.jpgAlso, Alex may have the continuous Regenerationn but, he is able to control that Regenerationn like how he still had that bullet hole done by Randall for, I don't know, minutes? And when Cole use his radar pulse, discover he's still not dead and pull out his arms, Alex can right off the bat hear the electricity and try to do the same thing as Kessler. Instead of implanting memories, he would just punched his jaw or the brain, thus crushing his brains out.
    And I wished not to stress this out again, Alex is stronger than James! Why?! Because he has his eyes glowing, tendrils at his back, shoulder pads with spikes WHILE JAMES is more experienced and more tactical since he was able to go up against an easy going Alex Mercer, able to shoot down a spike brawler, kill a brawler up close with a knife AS A HUMAN...So yeah, he's more tactical, skilled and experienced.True, Cole would explode his electricity everywhere...if he survive a punch by Alex and of course, most of his fights against human form bosses always ends up with the enemies close to him and how can Cole just shoots out his electricity while preparing his ionic attacks? Isn't it unavoidable to stop what you tried to cast something like that? I mean, can you stop what you just charged up for like the vortex when it's as a ball of energy? No. And, when Cole tried to charge up his ionic attacks when his enemy is close enough, Alex can just dash forward and explode his head off.And the groundspike thing, you're right. Cole would not just stand there but dodge. However, can Cole be able to jump high enough to avoid that or dodge roll far enough from that because he can't. Why? Can he dodge roll far emough away from something with a diameter of nearly a truck's length? Does his ice launch push him up to nearly half the height of a small building? And, does his lightning thether allows him to move fast enough to avoid the spikes? And, I'm using Prototype 1 groundspike, not the crappy one from the second game, even though you can do some sick drops with the hammerfist ground spikes.
And one more thing, Cole could probably one shot the chopper but still, he's empowered. Why? Then what's with the electricity flowing through his body? And, Cole could even continue on to be at his fullest potential in near death. Remember how you still can fight back without being slowed down by injuries? Therefore, he still should be able to do the same thing to the helicopter even at his peak with the RFI. Even if he used up his energy to power up the exchanger, wouldn't his output be the same like how overtime he continues to lose his energy? Also, he wasn't seen powering up the exchanger at all. There weren't any electricity flowing through the mechanics.

Unfortunately yes. And I think I can understand why since people do talk about Prototype being a stress relief game, which I agree with, but sometimes people call it a game for insane people too. Which is oh so wrong. And as I said I give credit where it's due.

Anyway....

> Homing Rockets

I really don't see the video successfully demonstrating that. And even the rockets there don't seem to be as fast as the cutscenes. So I really doubt that. And doesn't he already form the shield before he gets hit by rockets?

> Sonic Speed

Like I said it's debatable with all that weight. Not to mention it would completely change the story. And one simple explanation. It's not sonic booms. Since after all you also need the audio for a sonic boom to be a successful sound effect.

> Quake Level

I really doubt that Alex has the force of an earthquake witha simple jump but I do admit he has that tectonic force. And shaking the ground is different from causing tanks to fly off upon jumping.

And the reason Alex can't have that much speed and strength at the same time? Because then his biomass would be the detracting factor. For something so heavy to move so fast he'll need a loooot of energy to do so. Maybe that's why he loses biomass if he consumes too much. Cause either Alex is pretty fast and is tanky, or he's really fast and regenerates fast but isn't as tanky as before (aka 4 health bars)

That fat green namekian would probably be lighter than Alex who have consumed probably thousands. Either his biomass limit is much smaller than one thinks, or when he does run he gets rid of some biomass to move even faster. And alright, he can move faster. But they could just be referring to normal superhuman speed. That won't mean he can move faster and faster and faster than his current speed

> Why Hunters could get tagged by tanks

So basically you lack the reaction to face those things? And it really leads to how Prototype is about outpowering the other. And there are multiple ways such as making things slower than they seem to be. You can argue that it's the QTE but those are the exact same mechanics that allowed James to literally freeze his perception of time in the beginning of Prototype 2. And if Prototype series were made to be fun and easy then why not? I'm sure people would love that. Regardless I don't see that as that would mean that Alex is instantly supersonic

> Biomass Limit

1) Building jumping isn't really an awesome feat if many others can do it

2) Surviving explosions and attacks, simply means that he regenerates after the damage. Which is backed up by the fact that his body is regenerating/biomass shifting whenever he's hit. I used to think that the 'health bar' could've also been a limit of how much biomass he can regenerate.

3) And again I point to the Crow. And trust me, I consumed dead people before in the game. Try it in one of the indoor stages. And again, if that was wrong, well would you really think Alex can NOT do it? It's the same as Cole shooting homing electricity like in the comics when he cant do it in games.

Simply, he consumed a lot of biomass at once and got the extra biomass. If anything those extra biomass? The ones you need to whittle down? Coudl've been from those Evolved no the first place. It's the same as getting critical mass and well instead of shooting a devastator your stats increase. Did James consume them all at the same time? No, so that kinda supports the theory of there being a limit to how much biomass they can store in but that steadily increases as time passes.

I'm lost on what you're trying to say here. What you're saying is that the new electric batons that 'failed' to suppress the Hydra, was weaker than Cross' baton? Because even at that state, Cole has a MUCH MUCH HIGHER voltage than Cross ever had.

Just rewatched the scene. Depending on how you play the game, the moment the game allowed you to which is also the same time the Beast vanished into the water and Zeke contacted you, you could've started running back to the pier. Tried it out in game too. So guess what? Yeah, Cole could've ran back the moment the Beast was down for the count.

You mean Joint of Bones Panic and the Denonimator of the Universe? :D

Yeah see, when you get electrocuted, your muscles don't work the same way you want them to move. Air dash or not. Same thing that happened with Cross. And Cole has a much much HIGHER voltage than that.

Ehem, aim dodging against a guy who can't shoot for shit. Not to mention, moving chopper. So that would already make it harder to aim and shoot. And from the looks of it? The bullets were already hitting the snow ahead of Alex. Not to mention there are no bullet trails either so the bullets could've already hit him the moment he started moving. Which makes sense given he was stationary a few moments ago.

Also, Cole has supersonic reactions. And I have proved numerous times that Alex, is still VULNERABLE, not weak or resistant, but VULNERABLE to electricity because of his Cross encounter and never showcasing adaptation to it. And again nothing ever shows that Cross' voltage is much higher than Cole's, who can literally fry people wearing rubber bulletproof suits that are 100 years ahead of their time

True. But again, Radar Pulse. Also the reason why the Beast could've hidden himself against Cole? He is the destroyer of the world so there's that to go for. I mean having ultimate power probably lets you do unimaginable things like give you various powers. So that's probably a primary reason why Cole didn't sense him either at first after his defeat if you're going to argue that Cole didn't sense him.

And Cole is a lot more professional compared to the past. Besides, Kessler is an old man and incredibly loathed by Cole. He's entitled to a bit of taunting Kessler as he dies. Now Alex? Never knows the guy and would go serious the moment he realizes Alex is trying to kill him.

And I would point to the Beast tossing giant statues. Black Hole or not, one can still blame gameplay mechanics for the damage it deals. On Hard difficulty for example it kills you. So Cole would at least be able to take a couple of hits from Alex. Not too many for too long, but at best two to three. And again, good luck trying to punch when you're spasming on the ground.

Oh. Alex has glowing eyes and tendrils at the back, and spiked shoulder spikes. Definitely not because of the temporary boost from the Evolved right? Not visual effect for being a final boss either right? It's not like he can shapeshift and make himself look like that with genetics or have more experience with his power compared to James right? Right? Right?

Guy eats a thousand soldiers, versus a guy who ate a thousand soldiers. They both get the same memories. Neither guy is going to be more tactical than the other. I already proved how killing a Brawler literally means nothing to the evolved because so what? Every other Evolved probably consumed a guy who can do that. James isn't special for killing one.

Cole would only get punched if Alex gets even close enough without alerting Radar Pulse, Cole's senses, and avoids lightning.

Simple, you charge up energy on one hand, and shoot other types of energy on the other. They're pretty instant too so there's that, not to mention a Vortex or wave of frost can be summoned by the sway of one's hand. It might take more time but it's possible. It would be the same as Alex charging up a graveyard spike .

Again, supersonic reactions. And Cole would only use that when he's stunned or close enough to get hit by it. You're undermining Cole again. He frequently deals with teleporters remember? And other flash steppers like Kessler, who has much more experience than Cole would ever have in the first game, yet beats him anyway.

Do you think Alex would even get the chance to pick up a vehicle? Do you think he won't get stunned by a precision bolt to the neck or the web of intrigue? Do you think Cole can't shoot the vehicle and cause it to explode thus doing more damage to Alex? Cause Cole can. He can.

This is also

Also seeing as Cole got a supersonic buff recently... yeah.

His body was transitioning at the same time too. Like when he gets a new power in the first game he's momentarily vulnerable. Besides even if it's empowered? That's his base state now with how he ended the game with his peak form

Wait RFI? I'm kinda lost but at the same time slightly understanding where you're getting at

But it would be unfair to not give Cole any of these benefits since after all, Alex gets his year of biomass

And dude, there's literally an electrc link coming from Cole to the other person. And connecting to the circuit behind him. That's powering up the machine and transferring his energy

Also, why are we still debating this? Even with this, the comic feat still stands. Cole can one shot a chopper

Old man Cole zips around, even though at times he was walking towards Cole casually like how Alex was doing the same to James? Even his aura clones walked towards him and most of his attacks are slow to both build up(electric kamehameha) and move towards the target(ground pound till the ground actually shakes). The only attacks that are fast and up close is his little shockwave when he flash steps right to left and then right again as he get closer to you and toss some kind of weird...getsuga tenshou shockwave thing?

Plus, Nix wasn't teleporting further away than the Reapers but teleporting at the same distance without leaving a trail.

Fine, fine. It was a heart to heart moment between Cole and Zeke, even with the gun right at his face or the shoulder. That gun had been raised for seconds. Cole knew that Zeke have to man up and kill his best friend. The same for Cole. Think about it. What would you do if your best friend had the gun at your head by a distance? Would you be like a regular guy who made great bonds with your friend and hesitate as you have no idea why he is doing that to you?

Or, would you be an 'anti hero', knowing the consequences of the path you chose? Would you pee your pants or prepare yourself for what your friend is about to do, something that you brought to yourself? And Zeke didn't blitz Cole. The gun and bullet did.

Plus, Bertrand brought only two Militia dudes with an assault rifle each. Bertrand should have already known how powerful Cole should have been. How fast, how strong and how durable but, he only trapped Macgrath in a cage with many temporary covers(boxes, objects to hide behind from fire) and Macgrath still got shot at least half of the time. If Cole was to able to dodge the bullets then, couldn't Bertrand have brought in more men? But, did he? No, instead he continued his speech. And Cole's able to move his arms in tandem to supersonic, huh?

Mercer started consuming Sabrina first and it took a few seconds for her to say, "James!" That should have been enough time for the Evolved to react, run away or at least bring their defense up. And if that's not possible, how would Alex be able to bring James to his knees with a two long range attacks by his Tendrils? Yes, you have no idea why Alex is doing this. Why didn't he bring in other Infected? Why didn't he use a devastator? Why did he welcome James to the 'top of the food chain'? Why beyond life and death? Because he has 'plans within plans'. Plans unknown but could have been known in Prototype 3. Oh yeah, he should get James' Tendrils power since he had the same arms as so.

And more importantly, if he wants to save the world, which is true since in his verse is nothing but a load of selfish crap the humans presented to others, he should have already infected Maya and don't need to be in a lage safe to do so since James can't sense him.

And I told you SO MANY TIMES, if it were to be character development for James then, James is a better fighter than Alex in combat intelligence and tactics and blah blah blah. James had shown feats not many humans could do, not even Blackwatch could do individually and they're built to take care of Viral outbreaks like so before, and successfully. Alex? A guy who learned kickboxing and other Martial Arts, just a very good scientist and nothing more as a human.

And, try fighting someone who only used around half of his abilities and powers with every power, especially the shields that blocks most attacks. If it comes down to power, strength and speed and other RPG stats, Alex could have win if James use the same powers as Mercer. Mercer use his old fashion groundspike, using his claws while James can use his Hammerfists to create a faster groundspike. Mercer can counter your attacks of similar weapons and can grab you and stomp on you if you try to grab him.

Ambush? You mean the same for Cole since he could just climb up a building first and jump off with a thunder drop. See, I found one of the debates between Alex and Cole. He/She say Alex ambush people all the time whereas Cole didn't. He sometimes does but, wouldn't be able to do the same amount because of the bane dudes that can detect over Alex's shapeshifting. Cole's the same. He could have just tossed a bunch of grenades from a far or even shoot some rockets out with yhe advantage of being unspotted by the time.

Sadism sentence-I'm saying am I directly making you suffer? I'm not and I don't intend to even indirectly torture you. It's just being very lazy.

And I could have gotten somewhere if it wasn't for you bringing in Cole. I was only bringing in the facts that Alex can dodge things and at least move around transonic or at best supersonic.

Let's get started again. See the primary reason why I responded slow is probably because of our opposing time zones and busy schedule not to mention the amount of detail we put into each of our response. Guess that shows our passion for our favorite characters huh. AnywayI can't stay up too late so I might just make a small response, I want to at least avoid getting too far

Anyway....

My argument is that even if that's what they do in game, there's no reason for them to not slow down. Well Kessler takes break time to time to slow down and Alex can be timely dodged by James. Point is, those speed they express should be something that both Cole and James reacted to. And I never thought of Kessler's attack as like that... Congratulations. Now I think of Ichigo as a reaper and Kessler as a hollowxD. Huh would be fun to write considering he died.

Nah Nix was already gone from sight the moment she finishes teleporting. Sometimes she'll 'blink' nearby but when she leaves Cole behind, she leaves him.

Yes, but wouldn't you want your friend to give up and realize the futility of it? To stop and give up and not even try? I mean Zeke was gonna die either way but you wouldn't want to kill your best friend right? That's what the cutscene is about. To challenge you on whether you're willing to kill your old friend. Instead of dodging and making it seem like he can kill you by shooting, Cole tanks it. He can't die in that section. He'll just wait, or kill him. Either way the Cole gets tagged by bullets is taken off here. Like I said, Cole wasn't taken by surprised. But he did wince. He wanted to know Zeke had no chance and that's what he did.

The cage feat was the first time he ever boxed Cole in. And it depends on how you play the game. You can argue that he didn't get shot, or he nearly died. But if you have the polarity wall you can just tank everything. In such confined spaces? It's not as if he expected Cole can dodge bullets seeing as he barely saw him in action. Sides, it's the same inconsistency as Alex not being able to outrun choppers by simply endlessly running.

Stunned Evolved? If anything none of them even budged. Either they accepted their fate or some of them didn't think they would be consumed by Alex. There's still Blackwatch troops and if Alex was smart he would've set them off to keep infecting and keep Blackwatch away from interfering and possibly targetting him. He just didn't expect to be defeated like that nor all his allies be consumed by that city ranged devastator. And why didn't he used devastator? There's a delay on it right? That's a delay James would've capitalized on. It's an overly badass but impractical move after all.

But that's all speculation is it not? It could be associated with PARIAH but if Alex had any plans to turn James into a hero then James would know. It would show up in his Web of Intrigue. It doesn't show. He really was determined to make his plan come true but died. If anything it was humility. The arrogant Alex Mercer remembering how he started, and acknowledging the fact that James has defeated him despite his power.

Yet he didn't did he. It really brings a lot of questions on plot holes on Prototype 2. So in a way, either Alex had some honor and offered James one last chance to win, or is stupid. I lean on former since honorable Alex is kinda a nicer thing.

Let me ask you

If a guy who never played a fighting game, gains the memories of a thousand pro players, how good would he be?

Now if a guy who played fighting games in a pretty good fashion gains the memories of a thousand pro players, how good would he be?

They'll both be close to similar level. James might've started off well but the amount of minds they have would equal it out. Heck Alex should have more if that was the case since he had more time. The big difference in the beginning is completely overshadowed by the little gap near the end. They reached their apex and can only get so far. They learned everything possible to learn. There is no other way they can improve on since they improved themselves to the max. They're at their endgame. That's why there's no tactical advantage for either. Yet you beat him anyway. It's not a rock paper scissors thing or a matter of skill. It's an excuse to have you try to change your playstyle, and it's not really big either. In theory Alex should've whooped James but he didn't. As long as one is stronger than the other, the predestined winner should've been obvious from the start.

And we're getting off topic again

It's really debatable... .can we not argue this? The reason why I want a reset on this is because I want a Cole vs Alex matchup and honestly... I don't care about Alex vs James anymore because I'm defending James and honestly? He never appealed to me. I really really don't want to put any more effort defending a character I don't like.

You mean the Super Soldiers? They know where you are the moment you get close. I remember them being such a pain in the ass to deal with, and quite a cool concept. I really wish there was a boss based off of them. Imagine that... would be so cool... Anyway not entirely sure where you're heading with this. What do you mean?

And ahhh makes much more sense. I guess we all do that sometimes unwillingly huh.

That was when I was comparing Sonic Booms and the fact that some characters have conflicting story sections and gameplay. Ex Fire Emblem Characters being killed by bandits when they can go toe to toe with Continental Grima, or the Dovakhin being beaten by wolves when he can unleash planetary level strikes against Alduin. Stuff like that. Anyway that's pointless now, let's leave that speed argument behind

But even without the speed issue... Cole at least has supersonic reactions from bullet timing. The same way Alex has bullet timing reactions. And Cole still has homing electric attacks. The speed of lightning attacks, homing arcs, shockwaves. Even in the past when Alex was faster than Cole, all he has to do is release electricity around him.

His electric attacks busted and cracked the Beast when a nuclear warhead simply knocked it out with the pure shockwave and heat. And his electricity still affects Alex Mercer.

Alex Mercer is mainly composed of biomass and is a physical being. He has a Web of Intrigue so no doubt he has cells, axons, nerve tissues and what nots. He had difficulty breathing when he was choked by the Supreme Hunter before being tossed aside. Electrons take the fastest path underground and if it hits Alex in any section of the body it'll take effect because he's made of biomass. The electrons would go through his muscles and body flesh either melting him or making him spasm, affecting him on a cellular level because that's how electricity works. Alex might be mostly biomass but he uses a biological body in the same way as humans to keep his body moving to the fastest way possible. Otherwise, he wouldn't have suffered all those and speaking would be impossible if he was just a clump of virus. Hearing, sight and all those. He might be a lviing virus but he has a human-esque body.

Alex has never truly adapted against electricity but it's not shown to be his true weakness. So the neutral thing to think of is that he's vulnerable to it the same way Superman is vulnerable to magic. There's a set output needed to harm him, and he can resist certain voltages. But he's still affected by it on a normal level. And Cole's output? Is stronger than anything Cross can unleash and Alex's internal biological composition allows for him to be affected. After all even if he gets shot and hit all the time, his body constantly regenerates any damage before it runs out of biomass to heal him.

And Alex playing dead will not work with above statements.

That is my argument.

This'll be my last message for the night. Gotta sleep and all. Now I realize I have gotten... way too passionate for Cole despite me having accepted that he's a boring character and I fell in love with much cooler bald guys (cough Saitama) and I would like to apologize for that. Debating on weekdays aren't fun when you have a full semester full of difficult difficult things. But yeah again I'm sorry for that

You still didn't finish your sentence in the other debate. Then again, I'll let you off and sleep. Plus, Cole uses his polarity wall, right? Doesn't mean dodgin bullets but block them.

He has to raise his hand in tandem just as the bullets fire. Or the moment you see the guns aimed. But it scales off of supersonic feat via arm moving in tandem

I can already imagine of how cool it would really be if one of the Super Soldiers would become like those big dudes from the first Batman Arkham game as the boss. Anyway, what I meant with those guys is that they can sense you through your shapeshifting abilities and Alex has to find ways to consume without being tagged by them and not letting every enemy realise his presence and finding him as the target to gun down.

True. Alex is vulnerable to electricity and Cross' baton is much less powerful than Cole's attacks but, Alex is able to resist the after effects of being shocked when the stun baton is not tasing him. Yes, Cole's attacks do move at fast speed to lightning, have shockwaves and what not but, even if you said about the Alex being faster than Cole thing and all Cole can do is do an areal blast around him, do remember that Cole needs time to charge it up, like the overload burst: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111123435/3717501-5322506147-30863.jpg

Even if you argue that it takes only a few seconds and whatever to create such big outcome, I can say the same for Alex who couldp consume off someone in seconds with a mere touch. So...Comic time frames. Besides that, Cole did crack the Beast when he actually shattered half of his face while beating up Kuo for a decent moment...until Nix sacrificed herself to knock Kuo out cold, not intending it to be a pun, and pin down the Beast for around a minute or less, depending on how long Cole take to climb the church.

Even with that, Cole did have to weaken the Beast with chuck full of Cluster grenades, sticky rockets, shatter blasts, bolt stream and magnum bolts to finally end off with an ionic storm just to crack open his face. At least, his ionic storm is more than a city block and all of the other attacks would be, in total, a city block. I don't know. I'm not good with such scientific calculations. Plus, after being empowered, Cole had to fight a very vulnerable Beast since his face was still broken. So yeah.

And you were asking, why I'm talking about the RFI. Isn't the RFI the main reason for him to be empowered? You don't see Cole being empowered just by charging up from two generators.

I would go on about the Alex and James thing but, seriously though. Has Alex ever been serious during the last fight? He was so mad and he could have killed off James at one point before the first Goliath fight. And, Alex did lose his glowing eyes after probably losing all of the biomass he consumed from the Evolved. Even the tendrils at his back. But, it doesn't matter about that, anymore. You don't want to debate about that. Fine. Let's not.

Bertrand did fight Cole at some point(first fight) and he should know what he's capable of. Besides, it isn't possible that every Militia would be hunted down in the battlefield once they entered it. Some might even escaped and inform Bertrand about Cole's abilities. So, he should know about Cole. Like I said, he should have stopped his speech and then bring in more armed men to help the first two to gun down Cole in the cage.

Yes, electricity does 'melt' the body and not burn it off through intense amount of heat. But, even if Alex got electrocuted by a blast or something, he'll just get up and heal off the damaged cells that should have been burnt and not melted.

Honorable Alex seems very, VERY risky for Radical Entertainment to kill of their unofficial mascot. But, no matter. Or maybe he expect James to be the 'new ruler' or something. There's still too many question left unanswered. But, that doesn't matter. What matter is what speed do you think it could really be for Mercer?

I wait for you for 8 days with no complaints

Wait a little bit more than 2 days before asking will ya. I can respond but RL is being a hassle right now so I need to focus on that instead of debating right now. It'll only detract from both anyway

Back