• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer

Ooooh thanks! I think I remember this. The comic about those two military soldiers? But yeah it seems like something they adapted out of but a consistent weakness like Kryptonite for Superman. Well more magic really.

And ^

Hunters are Redlight beings though, not Blacklight.

In Prototype 2, the Blacklight Hydra has shown to be less vulnerable to electricity than the Hunter in that comic scene is. I guess this is just one of the many examples for why Blacklight is superior to Redlight.

@DeathNoodles

Should Prototype 1 Alex have a weakness to electricity and Prototype 2 shouldn't then? Because Alex, at least in the first game, was clearly vulnerable to it.

The Real Eugene Sims said:
@DeathNoodles

Should Prototype 1 Alex have a weakness to electricity and Prototype 2 shouldn't then? Because Alex, at least in the first game, was extremely vulnerable to it.
Well, he definitely doesn't have resistance to it, but he isn't weak to it like how Superman is to Kryptonite either. Even in gameplay, I've recalled that electricity only does as much damage as a grenade launcher (8-A durability feats makes traditional grenade launchers useless though, and he shrugged off one of the RPGs in the cinematic cutscene), and the electric output in that stun baton is apparently enough to create electric bolts that causes small explosions in gameplay.

Mercer isn't any more vulnerable to electric shocks than humans are (and remember, even ordinary humans in real life gets felled by ordinary stun guns/tasers). If anything, Mercer is actually less vulnerable than humans are by recovering from the electric shocks much more quickly in combat (whereas ordinary humans would've remain stunned a bit longer due to the paralytic effects electricity causes on the muscles and nerves). Remember, that comic scene you've just shown about the infected's weakness to Electricity are for Redlight creatures. And Blacklight has already proven itself to be superior to Redlight multiple times.

I would say electricity is something he isn't immune to, but still not weak to.

Yeah DN your second paragraph summarizes it but it is definitely not grounds for resistance sadly.

On your first respons I cant say if it was less vulnerable since the voltage on the comic might be higher I think. Comic is a bit unclear for me. On mobile sp pardon spacing and typos or format

Ciruno Fortes said:
Yeah DN your second paragraph summarizes it but it is definitely not grounds for resistance sadly.

On your first respons I cant say if it was less vulnerable since the voltage on the comic might be higher I think. Comic is a bit unclear for me. On mobile sp pardon spacing and typos or format
I've never said it was a resistance, just that he isn't more vulnerable to it than an ordinary human is (if anything, he's less vulnerable in comparison). We don't know how higher the voltage and amps on that third rail is though. And that was still a Redlight creature, not Blacklight. Plus, I doubt an ordinary human could survive being electrocuted by that either.

Gogogozoom7 said:
Cole speed amps then vapes him due to having a massive ap advantage.
This cannot be done easily as Alex has a wall of hax. Luckily, Cole just has a wall of resistances that counter the wall of hax by Alex, and has his own wall of hax that Alex cannot efficiently counter.

And why this is still not moved to Board:Fun and Games.

The pen or the sword said:
Yup he disintergrates alex and every time he starts to reform zaps him again.
From what I can recall, for it to be a valid incapacitation, the target has to be at a state that they literally cannot fight back for over a day. If that target then comes back before that, then the incapacitation timer resets and the perpetrator would had to do it again (thus, repeating the process over and over without it counting as a incap victory).

So unless Cole can incapacitate Mercer for over a day straight (and Mercer must not get back then. If he did, the timer resets), it becomes inconclusive.

Maybe but it still feels like a stomp/bullying, alex can't even fight back while cole can just keep wailing on him with electricity. Cole resist all alex abilities and alex ap is to little to do anything.

Maybe but it still feels like a stomp/bullying, alex can't even fight back while cole can just keep wailing on him with electricity.
It is pretty unfair for a character to be treated as a endless punching bag because of their Regenerationn. But unless that character's perpetrator can pull off a solid incap for over a day, the result literally cannot be different from an inconclusive.

Fair enough, alex gets an incon against infamous 1 cole then (Not a comfortable incon for mercer...)
Yeah, it's not a pretty interesting incon, but this is how victory conditions gets treated in this site.

I'll say it again. Being turned into an eternal punching bag casually is no grounds for a tie. No matter how frequent you revive. Edit - Bah stupid lag and delay. But yeah agreeing with DN.

That said doesn't bio leech hard counter Alex's regen cause he had electric impulses with the Web of Intrigue? Also the whole takes a day to be knocked out is really annoying and should be fixed to be better

Ciruno Fortes said:
I'll say it again. Being turned into an eternal punching bag casually is no grounds for a tie. No matter how frequent you revive. Edit - Bah stupid lag and delay. But yeah agreeing with DN.

That said doesn't bio leech hard counter Alex's regen cause he had electric impulses with the Web of Intrigue? Also the whole takes a day to be knocked out is a bit of a vague thing really....
Regenerating from the loss of electrical signals/impulses in the brain (and other vital organs) is Mid Regenerationn. Mercer's Regenerationn is superior to that.

It does count as an inconclusive if that character doesn't have a solid incapacitation method though. It wouldn't be an interesting inconclusive, but that's how I recall characters in this site having inconclusive matches against other characters just from their survivability and resilience alone.

And after a whole day is after 24 hours. Not really that vague.

Nope mid high regen is enough to negate the damage cole can actually do with it.

Second thats how incons work, alex had an incon against the good hunter at one point for the exact same reason. The good hunter had no win con but alex couldn't bypass his ressurection. How it goes on this site.

Nah misworded it since was talking to brother while typing.

Fair nuff. Ionic Drain is probably the bigger thing I'm thinking of.

I mean it's stupid cause eternally beating up someone casually is far different from someone who's beating up someone so bad and getting outlasted that way. There really should be separate criterias depending on how easily they take them out. I know for sure passive knocking out someone repeatedly is one thing.

Vaporisation. Lightning of extreme heat. Old arguments about temperature comparison to lightning bolts. The whole regen feat is literally based on a delayed feat lasting on a frame. Takes half a day and is alread speculative. A win in my book.

Not doing this again. Also if there's literally no win con for someone isn't it unfair or so? Though Idk the guy so can't comment.

Well, it is unfair for that regen character, but it would still count as inconclusive because the other character can't kill them permanently (and doesn't have a solid incap that lasts over 24 hours straight).

That's how I recall characters with great resilience and survivability having inconclusive matches with other characters, despite having little to no chance of winning otherwise outside of that. It's how it works on this site.

[Also, that nuke regen feat that Mercer does was all at night, and it was still night when he regenerated, so it's not really 12 hours, which is "half a whole day"]

Like we said it doesn't matter if it takes twenty three hours and fifty five minutes for alex to reform as long as it's below that twenty four hour mark its incon.

Doesn't matter if it's a win in your book (for the record I would consider cole the victor here as well if not for the rules) according to site ruling cole can't incap for twenty four hours thus incon.

Which is a silly rule. It really should be dependent on how easy someone takes out the one who can just keep tanking.

Then those should be fixed and addressed. Some of those probably have justifiable reasons. The rest.. no clue.

Yet the battle takes place on the day. So many contradictions exist for this game.

Yep dems the rule....

Well judging from when the nuke goes off rather than when he starts flying away with it the whole feat happens at night. The inconsitency is the fact the fight ends in the day, then it cuts to night as mercer hooks up the nuke. I suspect this comes from the cut day night cycle i heard about from a dev interview, much like the co op mode

Ciruno Fortes said:
Imagine co op with Prototype 2.... Every James Heller vs Alex Mercer in a team up... If only
Depending on how the developers style it, if they make it that there's multiple amount of Mercers that the players play as, and that those multiple amounts of Mercer is actually canon, then Mercer now gets Duplication. :p

Would have been amazing actaully the producers commentary on the co op mode was interesting as it would have had an actual explanation in the game. " Naturally, with Alex's genetically mutated shape-shifting abilities, we started to explore what would happen if he were to sub-divide into two PROTOTYPEs"

Would have been amazing actaully the producers commentary on the co op mode was interesting as it would have had an actual explanation in the game. " Naturally, with Alex's genetically mutated shape-shifting abilities, we started to explore what would happen if he were to sub-divide into two PROTOTYPEs"
Or four, or five/six. Whatever amount of controllers or player connections can fit

Back