• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole Macgrath vs Alex Mercer

Nah Pariah is clearly the Beast.

Serious agreement though. Getting me more inspired to make that Infamous Prototype where these two have flipped powers....

well flipping their powers is a weird idea, cole will die and be replaced by a blacklight entity that thinks its him. then you get the sociopathic human alex mercer who was willing to kill a city and risk destroying humanity with lighting power.

The pen or the sword said:
well flipping their powers is a weird idea, cole will die and be replaced by a blacklight entity that thinks its him. then you get the sociopathic human alex mercer who was willing to kill a city and risk destroying humanity with lighting power.
At least their code names are more fitting this time

They literally live as roommates and their own situations are triggered in that method actually. But yeah whoever gets infected powers gets the choice to be good or evil, and well lightning powers are more free on destruction and rampancy. A bit of alteration. And hey... First Sons vs Blackwatch. Beast = Pariah. And other fun shenanigans

How does that work when Mercer is a sapient virus? Does something magical happens where Mercer gains a human form with Cole's powers, while Cole gains a viral biology with Mercer's powers?

But human alex was willing to kill a city, his sister, and burn the world just as a big F U to blackwatch shooting him...Alex may have been a monster in the first game but he was a thousand times better than the human alex.

Yeah short of magic forcing a swap i don't see how this works.

How do you get a choice with the powers of black light? Every power mercer has shown is about killing as effciently as possible...

Edit Not meant to discourage or insult your story but I don't think Id be interested in it, alex is blacklight. He has the voices of hundreds screaming in his head, he is brutal but broken. He existed for less then three weeks and that entire time was spent in a world on fire,

Id be interested in seeing him grow and change with the passage of time but turning him into something else doesn't really hold an interest to me.

Id be interested in seeing him grow and change with the passage of time but turning him into something else doesn't really hold an interest to me.
Yeah, Prototype 1 Mercer is one of those characters who needs massive character development before he can even begin to somewhat act like a human being.

Shush! I'll get to it! :p

After the next chap of summoner Im going to work on a prolouge for a rwby crossover, and I've thought of a decent way to give mercer an emotional connection....

edit a small one, but one that can grow in time...

After the next chap of summoner Im going to work on a prolouge for a rwby crossover, and I've thought of a decent way to give mercer an emotional connection....

edit a small one, but one that can grow in time...
Oh? Mercer is going to be in RWBY? That's already better than 90% of the Prototype/RWBY crossovers that involves Jaune getting Blacklight powers because of some self-insert nonsense (which could be just as bad as the OCs getting Blacklight powers themselves).

As long as you don't even remotely consider Jaune getting Blacklight powers (why would Mercer even consider Jaune, the naive and bumbling idiot, to be a likely candidate as a host for Blacklight anyways? There's nothing special about Jaune so that just wouldn't work, and not many are considered worthy of the Blacklight Virus anyways), or any of the RWBY characters getting such (unless they get turned into Evolved under Mercer's control, then that's fine. But no Prototypes), I will be on board with that crossover story of yours.

WELL DO I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS FOR YOU :p

Don't worry none of them will be getting infected powers... (Well one {Not Jaune} might become evolved but thats a possiblity for way farther along the line)

I know to keep the focus on mercer because thats why people come to crossovers usually, to see a character break the mold and pre established story. Its what I focused on demonstrating in summoner of death, even in only a few days ainz has caused some Major changes.

If that's the case, then you are perhaps one of my all-time favourite fanfic crossover authors (and I have read a lot of fanfic stories, crossover or not, so I have some pretty developed tastes). :D

And yeah, you're definitely not wrong when that's the main reason for why people read crossover fanfic stories. Heck, that's also the reason why I do it as well. I'm looking forward to the future of your crossover stories by the way (including the Summoner of Death, which I especially like with the Sasuga Ainz-sama goodness).

Glad to hear it! :) (Seriously making me blush :p)

That reminds me what did you think of the last chapter of summoner of death?

Edit maybe answer in general discussion to not further derail.....

Back