• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath Reaction Speed Upgrade

Hi there. I'm new to vs battle wiki, so I'm pretty unsure about all of this.

So anyway, I think Cole MacGrath's reaction speed should be upgraded to at least be High Supersonic to Low Hypersonic. My reason is because in the second issue of the comics we see him dodging gunfire from FOUR miniguns, and in the sixth issue, during his final battle with David, we see him dodging anti-aircraft fire from behind him. The first feat is in the first image and the second feat is in the second image.

Cole minigun feat
Cole anti-aircraft feat

Seems legit imo. Not to mention the guy uses lightning as a power too. And agreeing with the Kessler thing too. Glad to see another Infamous fan

I would assume he's capable of reacting to his own attacks seeing as he has to control them on where they end up. Arcs of lightning or not. That said I did calc a nice snazzy comic panel of him where he uses his arm to deflect a missile at the last second. Got a supersonic yield

Also, what should we rank Kessler at? Hypersonic? Hypersonic+? High Hypersonic? I don't think we should put him at Massively Hypersonic, seems a bit too high.

I feel like Cole should get the hypersonic+ reactions. Keep combat speed the same for now, but leave a potentially higher just in case.

Probably Hypersonic+ at best for Kessler

Just to say this here. To the OP, you need a sufficient amount of input in order for this to be put on Cole and Kesslers pages.

Once that's reached (assuming all agree to it), then this can be implemented on their pages.

^Yup. Like so far you have two people who agree which is good. Now you need like maybe 5 or 7-8 more to go...it just really depends how many agree with this as well as all other content threads we've had on here. *Nods*

Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to add. In both feats, the bullets were coming from BEHIND him. So that means Cole had to sense the danger, turn around, and then dodge. Just something to note. Not trying to wank or anything.

Wait it out a bit more to see if anyone else agrees or disagrees. Poor obscure Cole : (

But really if he controls lightning he should at least have an idea of how to control and react fast enough to switch his targets to avoid hitting civilians imo.

Well, I do have one thing about COB's reasoning of the lightning control and PTSOXMONKERY99's providing of the feats.

I think it's best that the bolts and rockets that changes directions automatically for you are probably because of homing on specific heat signatures like how the Radar Pulse works, only seeing enemies out-lined as red and none for the innocents and allies. It's true that he should be able to control the Sticky Rockets and prevent any innocents from being injured but, he may sometimes miss fire and hurt someone anyway. Besides, the only attacks he can really control is the Redirect Rockets and that one projectile when he got to a generator(inFamous 2) since they are separated into different types of attacks.

I really don't know about the second feat because David was holding onto Cole and the anti-tank rifle may have only shot at David, allowing Cole to be free from his grip since he can't move at all and saying "Urgh" must mean that he was being crushed. I don't really think he could go anywhere when being tightened by a grip that crush his body. Besides, the weapon stopped for some reason and only fired at them when Cole was in danger. But, the first one, I think it's quite obvious, really. The reason why he would "react to four miniguns" is because right behind him were SWAT look-a-likes, following him to kill off the rest of the enemies. They maybe the reason because they may have become meat shields for Cole so that he won't get shot and can hear the blood splatter just to quickly electrify the whole helicopter to bits.

You will need a calculation for this feat. Not just go by feeling and personal preference.

Well, the second feat shows that all the swat guys who got mowed down were to the side of Cole. They wouldn't be fullfiling the role of meat-shield if they weren't in a position to block the bullets for him. While all the guys were getting mowed down to the side of him, he was able to turn around and dodge in time not to get shot. Also, we don't see any guys behind Cole, they're all to the side.

You made some good points about the first feat, but I'd still argue it shows off Cole's speed. Even if the anti-air guns only helped Cole escape David's grip, the guns were still firing when Cole was moving away. Even if not aimed at Cole, he was still extremely close to David, the man being shot at. He was in the area in which the burst of gunfire was being aimed at, meaning he still had to watch out during his retreat to make sure he wasn't shot by accident. We also see him jumping upwards from David, who was being shot, which shows he knew exactly where those bullets were and how to dodge them.

I am not sure how to do calcs. If anyone knows how to, you're help would be greatly appreciated. I know COB was interested in doing one.

And, that leads to the other reason why. The rest of the turrets of the helicopters would have fired at other swat dudes since in the first image, there are tiny little gunfire from behind which should be Cole's allies. Besides, the four miniguns were not firing bullets at Cole and only one turret below the helicopter is firing at Cole and the swat dudes.

Or maybe he was using his static thruster or something. You know, the gliding down with hands like Iron Man? And, that would mean the anti-tank weapons are fired not from behind Cole so, there. Of course, we wouldn't know how far the weapons are and it can affect how fast he would react, I believe.

You have a point, he didn't dodge four. Thanks for pointing that out. But the comic still shows that he dodges gunfire from two miniguns. If you look at the background, you see two of the miniguns firing behind Cole, and he's dodging them. Still a reaction speed feat.

Also, while its obvious Cole is using static thrusters, it still shows how he had to react to the anti-air gunfire. Also, the static thrusters weren't that powerful in inFAMOUS 1. They weren't nearly as strong as they were in inFAMOUS 2, they only slowed his descent, whereas the thrusters in the second game actually lifted him slightly and further slowed his descent. If you look at the scene, you clearly see Cole's back to the direction of which the bullets are coming from. He is not facing the anti-air torrent at all. So the gunfire did come from behind.

Buuuttt, if you see clearly from the unclear image of the page where cole blew up the car, there was only one minigun below it and I don't think the helicopter have magical powers to take out another turret. I mean, wouldn't it be stupid of a chopper to have secret weapons hidden inside the vehicle to waste space instead of having more ammo to fire? Besides, the weapons they still use are from the present and not really the future since what's futuristic is the conduits so, yeah. I think it's because the helicopter is doing PSI crap to kill off the swat team he was given but, whatever. He still can react from behind.

Well, I don't know about that because The Beast did sapped out most of Cole's powers, forcing him to regain them back and add new ones by eating blast cores. He may have trained more to be better for all of his powers. Still, the Beast did screw up his powers.

Or the gunfire came from beside them, like their East and West, and not behind them since David was tanking one out-of-nowhere bullet shell to his arm and he was kneeling down at that angle when he flinched to the pain so, I think they were firing at them at a position where it really isn't behind Cole but beside both of them. If you could send me the link to free comics and I'll see the location of the anti-tank weapon so, it can be confirmed. Plus, I think Cole would have reacted to the Anti-tank bullets but aim-dodges away from the range of fire so that he can use it as an advantage against David.

Buuuuttt, if you look closely, you see that there is another minigun right under the the pilot seat area of the chopper. Meaning that there is actually FIVE miniguns on the chopper. Now, I'm not saying that he dodged gunfire from all of them, since it's clear that some of the other turrets are mowing down the swat guys, but it still shows that he can dodge gunfire from two miniguns, while they were behind him. Look at the scene. First, we see Cole using his electromagnetism to lift a car (I think?). Then we see him smashing that car into some poor fodder. But in the background, we see a chopper approaching, with 2 miniguns on one side, 2 on the other, and one underneath the pilot seat/passenger seat. The chopper uses 3 of the five to mow down swat guys, and 2 others to try and mow down Cole, but he dodges.

I'll send you a link to the website I got the comic scans from, but I still say it shows Cole not facing the bullets, so he couldn't have aim dodged what he couldn't see.

Here's where I read the comics: http://viewcomic.com/?s=Infamous+

Give 'em a read, they're pretty good.

Thanks for your input. You've shown me thing that I had previously overlooked. This has been a pretty good discussion.

Hold on, hold on, hold on. I think I did say that there is another minigun down below the helicopter. The bullets that were fired came nowhere else but, that minigun below the helicopter. Again, you look at the barrels of the two sides armed each with 2 miniguns, you should see that no bullets were fired from any of those minigun barrels but that specific one below. So, four miniguns for the whole swat team and one for Macgrath.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5rdrfZIKR3A/VkiD7Pu8hmI/AAAAAAASY5U/QUcEgb6vBjE/s1600/28_12.jpg

Here's the page I noticed in the comic book. The anti-tank guns are all facing at the left side, or possibly behind, of David. I believe after the last image in that page would lead to Cole striking first in the second image that you sent to us and David caught Cole, the weapons shot at the abomination and like I said, it was at the West of David and the East of Cole. Plus, Moya even said that she's bringing all guns against David only and would kill anyone who misfired at Cole.

But, all in all, Cole can react to anti-tank rifle to aim-dodge away with his static thrusters and noticed the minigun fire from behind. I think he can at least scale to supersonic+. Depends on how you calc those ship weapons and quite close range minigun.

Buuuttt, if you look closely, you can see all of the miniguns being fired. You can see the muzzle flashes. Two of the flashes stand out the most, the two that are being fired at Cole, you can even see the two muzzles in the background firing away and the bullets whizzing by as Cole dodges. Two miniguns.

If you look at the scene of David being shot, you see the ground in front of him being destroyed, and his shoulder being shot as well. And Coles back is turned towards the direction of the gunfire, so no aim dodge. If the bullets were coming from the left of David, look at the direction Cole is fleeing in. And look at where his back is facing. He is running to the left, with his back turned to the left, so no aim dodge. But as you said, Moya said not to hit Cole, so they wouldn't shoot at the direction he is running in, so most likely rather shot at the front of David, since the ground in front of him is also being destroyed. And Cole's still not facing the direction of where the bullets are coming from. So no aim dodge. Also, the bullets where already being fired while Cole was running away, so how would he aim dodge if the bullets where already coming. He dodged the bullets. Also, he was locked in combat a few moments before, so it's not like he was paying attention to the guns.

Then you mistook it for 5 miniguns instead of 6. Problem solved...probably. Blame it on Cole's head for blocking the darn view whether there were two or one below the helicopter.

Well, why would he put his eyes away from David if he was freed from his grip? That would be dumb.

Look, doesn't matter. He dodges bullets from 2 miniguns behind and anti-tank fire.

One more thing, if he were to be aiming his hand at David's face, wouldn't that mean that he has not lose sight of David and especially would not want to lose it considering he's the enemy.

No, I originally said there were four miniguns in total, and they were all firing at Cole, but it turns out there were 5, and only two of them were shooting at Cole, while the rest were shooting at the swat guys. I didn't see that minigun underneath the pilot seat until I looked closely, so yes, he dodges gunfire from two miniguns, not four.

Also, you can see from the picture that he is still keeping his eyes on David, while dodging the stray bullets from the anti-air guns. He never looked away from David.

Thanks for the great debate.

Oi, oi, oi. You sure? Look very carefully at the miniguns. Do you see any bullets flying from any sides of the helicopter's miniguns at Cole? I don't. I see the bullets coming only from the bottom of the helicopter. Please, really, look at the two barrels from the left and right each. None of them are really firing any bullets at Cole but somewhere else/SWAT dudes and the bottom minigun is the only thing that has been firing at Cole the entire time.

So, if he didn't keep his eyes away from David, he would still be seeing David. If he were to still see David, he would see that he's hurt by bullets. And if he see that he's hurt by bullets, he should react to the bullets that aren't coming from behind his back if he's tilting his eyes to him, right?

You can ask for calculations here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/322091

Back