• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath Reaction Speed Upgrade

Firstly, Asdtgh is right. The entire military was supporting Cole on the second pic so it's not really him dodging and they weren't aiming for him. I doubt they'd aim for him but I also doubt the fact that he wouldn't live if he was hit.

Secondly, where are we heading right now with this? Finally finished exams but not fully online yet.

Asdtgh is right about only one minigun being trained on him, it just looks like two, but really it's just Cole's head in the way. So really, it's just one. My bad. Also, got some info on the average specs of a minigun: Rate of fire: Variable, 2,000―6,000 rpm Muzzle velocity: 2,800 ft/s (853 m/s) Maximum firing range: 3,280 ft (1,000 m, 1,093 yd)

So not sure if this boosts who's reaction speed or just leaves it at supersonic until we get a calc

I'd still argue that the second feat is legit. The ground in front of David is being destroyed. Cole is seen running away from the area of the bullets. The only support he is getting is from the anti-air turret. His back is toward the direction of the bullets, he is still facing David. He'd still have to have his wits about him in order dodge those insanely fast bullets. The bullets were still firing while he was floating away, so no aim-dodge. Even if not aimed at him, he was still literally right on top of David, and he was still in the area of fire, which is why he ran. Also, those are anti-air bullets, even if he had already saw them(which he didn't, they were being fired while he was running away), the fact that he can move out of the way before getting hit is insane.

I have no idea where we are heading with this. At this point, I think we need a clac. Does anyone here know how to do that, or should I post a calc request? Or should someone else post a calc request? I honestly would not know how to post a calc request.

Well, even though it's the military that was helping Cole, it still doesn't mean that they're perfect in accuracy. There could be a chance of being shot at for Cole but, I'm not a fortune god or anything.

Antvasima gave us the link to dudes who can help us with the calc, use it, PTSOXMONKEY99.

Yes. Ask for help while providing scans of the feat.

Yo, just found another possible feat that could boost Cole's speed. In this scene, Cole manages to avoid getting hit by a cruise missile by moving out of the way at last second. The missile was also launched pretty close by. I already posted the feat on the calc board. The feat is below.
Cole dodges cruise missile feat

Well, he was alerted about the missile and a cruise missile, which is said to be around mach 0.7, like that isn't that difficult for Mach 1.5 Cole to dodge it, even if he was dealing with David. Besides, the minigun feat is a much better feat than this.

Even if he was already alerted, the missile was already fired. Also, it was already pretty close by the time he noticed it. It was almost at the building by the time he dodged it. He also had to deal with David, as seen in in the scan. Also, the speed of cruise missiles usually range from high subsonic to supersonic. There are special few that can go hypersonic. I'm saying that this feat is interesting because of how close the missile was by the time he dodged.

Well, true that there are mach 7 cruise missiles, including for the US but, if Moya can notice it and telling Cole to "get the hell out of there", it would not be too fast for her to not react to it.

She did not notice the missile as it was being fired, she knew that they were gonna bomb David. They had made an announcement that they were going to drop a bomb on him. She already knew it was gonna happen, she did not react to it as it was happening.

Well, her sentence would have been cut off much quicker than just that if it were to be hypersonic and, I checked all of the US Military Cruise Missiles and I have never seen anything of Hypersonic speed. There were none of them with four large fins and four small fins. The only one that is very similar is this thing called Harpoon, a Subsonic missile:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpoon_(missile)

Another missile that is outside US is the C-802 from China:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-802

There are more that I tried looking so, go ahead:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_missile

I never said it was hypersonic, I said that there were cruise missiles that could reach that speed. Also, there are cruise missile that can reach hypersonic speeds, there either in development or built by another nation. Check under "Categories" in the wiki section and look under "Hypersonic" and you will see it.

I agree that the missile does bare similarities to the Harpoon. But if we're basing this off appearance, it also looks like AGM-69A SRAM: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-69_SRAM

Also, considering that the government was trying to keep what was going on Empire City on the down low, the missile could also be the Perseus missile, since it's meant for stealth, even thought it's not from the US, but it does share some similarities: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseus_(missile)

Also, as you can clearly see in the scan, the missile was already launched by the time Moya started yelling at Cole to get out of there. Then he had to tangle with David. The missile was almost right in his face by the time he jumped out of the way. Look at the distance at which it was launched, and the distance from Cole when he dodged it. Literally almost right on top of him. It's the distance and closeness of the missile that I think makes this feat interesting.

Again, she was yelling at Cole after the missile had been launched and even if it was close, we don't know if it were to seriously be right in front of him like point-blank since comic pictures only showed his face, him fighting David, and his surprised face and skipped to him dodging it. Besides, like I said, since her talk bubble came up after the missile had been launched, the missile shouldn't be too fast to the point she can't finish her sentence because with that small of a distance, it would already take much less than a second to fly towards Cole and David in the building.

The AGM-69A SRAM doesn't really have 8 fins and the Perseus is red, while the missile sent in inFamous is white and have 8 fins. All in all, it isn't really supersonic, especially not hypersonic.

Once, again, never said it was hypersonic, just putting it out there that there are hypersonic cruise missiles. Also, there are Perseus missiles that are whitish-gray as seen in the link that I sent you.

You can clearly see the light coming from the propulsion system of the missile, which shows how close the missile is. Look at the light, it can be seen on Cole's face, should give you a hint as to how close it is.

You may have a point about her speech getting cut off earlier, but I think that could chalked up to Cinematic Time. Remember, this a science fiction comic book. Also, we literally see Cole show supersonic feats of bullet-dodging and repulsing rockets at last second in the previous issues, so Moya already knows for a fact that Cole can dodge supersonic projectiles with relative ease. She knew of Cole's capabilities, otherwise she would never have ordered a missile strike on David when he was literally right on top of Cole, since throughout the series, she was so adamant on not letting anything bad happen to Cole so she could capture him and turn him into a weapon for the government.

I'm just saying that hypersonic speed is very unlikely. Sure, supersonic is the best for the missile so, yeah.

That may be true but if you look at the comic frames where Cole's face was introduced, the light emitted was not getting wider upon him. The light should not be coming from the thruster of the missile but, most likely from the moon in the bright night.

But, seriously though, the minigun feat is clearly much better than that feat considering that he has dodge around a series of more than Mach 2 bullets while that missile is just the size of him and it's only one missile. So, there's really no point of bringing this up, really.

If you look closely, the light did not show until after the rocket was shot. You can see the light shining on him after the missile was shot and racing toward him. We also get to see how close the rocket was by the time he got up. Can't say how close it is for sure, that's why I put it on the calc board.

This feat is worth looking at because of the closeness of the missile when he dodged it. As you can see in the scan, the missile was right on top of him by the time he dodged it. I think this feat is cool because, even if not supersonic (still willing to argue it is) I still think it could apply his short burst speed, since he has to move out a bit to get out of the building. Still a cool speed, regardless.

Also, until it has been looked at by the calc board, I don't think either of us can give an accurate reading of this feat.

Have you asked in the Calculation Requests thread? It is linked to in the help section of the front page.

If that does not work out, you can politely ask a few calculation group members directly on their message walls.

Yeah, I put it on the Official Calculation Request Thread II, the one you sent a link to. Put it there like, a month ago. Was I supposed to make the request on a different thread?

No. That is the one, but there are lots of requests, and the calculation group members seldom find the time and interest to perform them. There is also the problem that we do not always receive notifications for subscribed threads, so messaging them directly might be better.

Back