• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole Macgrath (Infamous 1) vs Aiden Pearce

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Cole before the events of Infamous 2.

Aiden has access to all the Ctos Systems.

Both of them are 300 meters apart and Aiden is hidden

Who would win and why?

Aiden is a skilled hacker who basically controls the city

Notable techniques:

1. Causing a City wide blackout with a touch of a button

2. Disable alarms in cars allowin him to use any vehicle

3. Can control cameras

4. Distract people by sending texts

5. Overload steampipes underground to cause big explosions powerful enough to knockback cars.

That's what I remember, oh and he can do all that with his phone

Hmm, those are actually quite useful. However once he gets tracked down he won't last long

1. Cole can easily fix the power, and has more than enough power to take down a single man

2. Would be useful but Cole can destroy vehicles with ease even in the first game

3. Cameras would be good warning, but also good electric sources

4. Not sure if civilians would trust Cole or texts

5. That's probably going to be Aiden's key way of damaging Cole. But then again, he can just recharge too.

Cole has taken a lot and he has the wide ranged radar pulse to detect whoever has the intent to harm him

The issue is at base, Cole's speed is already superhuman not counting any calcs. His radar would keep a close eye on Aiden and if he gets close, well it pretty much spells defeat for Aiden. That said I see it as Cole hunting for Aiden around the citty, before being attacked from afar by various ways from Aiden. Cole can however track hacking and strange signals as shown in the first game, and that might lead him to Aiden

I see Aiden figuring out his weakness by now and utilizing water and shutting down electricity, but backup energy would still be available for Cole. And if a dam was opened well Cole has buildings to scale.

Seems so. That said Cole can regen out of a lot of damage, which he has over Aidan

Shall we wait a bit more for anyone else to make a comment?

I think Aiden takes it.

There's allot of stuff he can manipulate like construction cranes, bridges, gates, locks, elevators and such. Like public transportation such as the trains. This means he has PLENTY of death traps in the city of Chicago. He also has ALL the cameras and microphones under his control.

One mistep, one thign that gives him away, and BAM. Gone. slammed to death, knocked of a building or killed by a train.

Cole was in the center of a six city block explosion at his weakest and survived

He barely felt a tower that dwarfs every other building crushing him

He stomped the military before infamous 2

He took on a point blank rocket and he literally just monologued as he slowly got up barely even fazed

Cole being killed by a train is silly considering he took on much more powerful things than that

Not to mention Cole's radar would just literally keep track of Aidan. Heck he can turn off the power himself

Cole isn't a glass cannon. He's someone that handled the military and gets back up with just a bit of electricity. And again, he reacts to bullets. I don't think it would be hard to dodge a deadly thing such as that

Hmmm. Good point, but Aiden owns this city. He could cause the 9-11 of Chicago with a few taps of his phone and timing. 300 meters of prep, and experience > couple of incosistant feats.

Cole dies allot from grunt enemies on harder difficulties, indicating that, realistically, he should be killable, and not as badass or invulerable.

But that radar is a good thing to have against Aiden, to an extent.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Cole can however track hacking and strange signals as shown in the first game, and that might lead him to Aide
Aiden is known and able (alone or otherwise) to shut off and hide himself electronically anyways.

But Cole's AP is enough to take Aiden out, if given the right circumstance too.

But they are apart, fighting, and Aiden is in hiding.

It's not inconsistent. Cole can take down a city if needed... You're pitting a normal human with prep and a lot of gadgets against a man that could take out an army

Harder difficulties means gameplay mechanics. It's the thing for Infamous. Don't you know that? In that case Cole can beat Kratos and Ratchet and keep up with Raiden, while Alex Mercer can get killed by bullets and much more

Again, backup electricity are everywhere. Not to mention he's also wiping away one of the key abilities he have. Cameras, tech. Heck Cole can just reset it.

Even if he could hide himself electronically via signals, Cole can still sense energy sources and unnatural phenomena. He can sense hostile/killing intent. Cole's electric radar isn't just some regular radar that can be jammed. It's shown many unbelievable things such as death echoes and hostile enemies.

It's not enough to take out Aiden. He could just punch him and be done.

Cole's Durability to show it's not inconsistent. Comics takes place before infamous 2 so it still counts

- http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/3067687-infamous-06-pg012.jpg

Takes on an attack from a monster that shrugged off a building buster bomb

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/3067657-if-02-pg-016.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/3067658-if-02-pg-017.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/3067659-if-02-pg-018.jpg

Being in the middle of a military army and wasn't even harmed. Hell he curbstomped them

He takes a rocket from Alden Tate, survived hits from the Beast, and that multi-city block explosion in the beginning of the game

His reactions are still fast enough to allow him to save someone from a rocket launcher.

Cole can also shrug off lethal injuries with just a bit of electricity or just resting

I would've been inclined to say that Aidan vs Cole could've been inconclusive but for Aidan to kill Cole? Who shrugged off all the things Aidan could do? There's no way Aidan can ko Cole. There's no way

Okay, taking in that the Comic is canon to Infamous, but I found that we're using Infamous 1 Cole, and his feats solely, including durability and AP.

The speed a is little much for Aiden and bullets. Even though he's a good marksman.

But a falling elevator or crane with a wrecking ball is too heavy/destructive for him to lift, but not die from. EXCEPT if he is not using his powers. But wrecking ball isn't 9-A, its more like Low 8-A, depending on speed of swing and size. Aiden could bait or draw him into a building, and BAM, crushed. If he used his powers, he will make it, but that doesn't make anything impossible. There are many buildings that are unfinished in the city, without extra power for him to draw on. Aiden literally can use the playing field against him. I also forgot to mention he can shut down traffic and cause accidents to his benefit, blow up sewer pipes to either cause explosions that can take out cars, or cause several kinds of ways for him to escape. Aiden has cars, trains, and every kind of transportation needed to out run him. Its not like cars and elevators are hard to find in a city. Or worse, planes.

As stated here on Vs Battles, for Cole:

"At least Wall level (can take a rocket to the face and live), Multi-City Block Level when using kinetic energy manipulation or shields"

"
Weaknesses: Can use water to electrify enemies but is also vulnerable to water that might drown him. May short-circut technology and could trigger fire arms and gasoline. Reliant on electricity and outside sources to recharge"

Hmm, some things can be used against Cole in Aiden's favor... There aren't too many gas stations in the city, but out of the few, one or two is all he needs for a city block sized explosion and fire.

OP says before the events of infamous 2

Comic takes place before Infamous 2 as I just saida bove

It takes more than just a rocket to kill him. Heck he surprised having a gigantic building falling on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HQhJBbFeUQ

and didn't feel it. He simply got off a moment after. That's not wall level.

How would Aiden exaclty bait Cole? If he uses voice messages he probably won't get his attention. Heck Cole can probably just destroy the building. If Aiden shows up, Cole would just track him via life signature.

And if we do pick this Pre Infamous 2 Cole, Infamous 1 Cole at the end of the game could technically have infinite energy. And Cole would just stay away from those buildings then. Easy. Or destroy them from afar after telling every civilian to leave, or by killing every civilian depending on his alignment.

Accidents won't matter much if Cole sticks on the rooftops

Cole could sense bullets and track down teleporters and even react to them. Hearing the ground shaking for a brief second before it explodes would be more than enough for him to react and leave. He's not a dumbass. He's faced worse.

Cole oneshots transportations typically. And if Aiden uses a plane Cole would just hunt it down with a rocket, or a Tesla missile.

There's also the possibility of Cole using a lightning storm to power himself up or knocking out every source of electricity within the area and prevent Aiden from using his tech.

I'm gonna update that since there doesn't seem to be anyone who updated that recently

OP contridicts himself. He say (Infamous 1, and then goes to say before the 2nd game. Which inlcudes those comic scans.

I refuse to debate anymore outside what's been established unless OP clears this up for us, and if they say the comic is canon/applicable.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
OP says before the events of infamous 2
Comic takes place before Infamous 2 as I just saida bove

It takes more than just a rocket to kill him. Heck he surprised having a gigantic building falling on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HQhJBbFeUQ

and didn't feel it. He simply got off a moment after. That's not wall level.
Take any disagreements about his stats with those who made the page, because although that's not wall level, nothing says he wasn't using his powers. Also that statement might have been figurative, as he seemed more shocked by the situation, and ignored what was happening around him, rather than have been completely unharmed.

Cole oneshots transportations typically. And if Aiden uses a plane Cole would just hunt it down with a rocket, or a Tesla missile.

Where exactly where he get those?

Also, Tesla missile is Infamous 2 only. Don't use that. I am smart enough to research all your counterpoints.

Regardless feats are feats. The comic takes place within the end of Infamous 1 and the feats shouldn't be disregarded. Even with disregarding that Cole still has bullet timing reactions and can take a lot of damage.

Even if we disregard the comic, nothing changes. Cole still has supersonic reactions, he can still take a lot of damage, and he's gonna be capable of destrohying buildings that have no power or mysterious 'single person electricity' which he can deduce to be Aiden. What would happen once Aiden runs out of buildings to hide? And hiding forever won't really count as a win either.

Nah, he was standing there shocked before he got hit. It's not an outlier either considering all the things that struck him before. Even if that was the case he just walked it off in a bit

SoyHop said:
Where exactly where he get those?
Also, Tesla missile is Infamous 2 only. Don't use that. I am smart enough to research all your counterpoints.

Whoops came on the heat of the moment, my bad on that.

The feat where he takes down drones in one shot, and uses rockets and grenades to easily damage building sized golems.

Whoops came on the heat of the moment, my bad on that.

The feat where he takes down drones in one shot, and uses rockets and grenades to easily damage building sized golems.

Considering Aiden gets grenade launchers in a gun store, I find it as reasonable for Cole to get similar explosives, but nothing more than an RPG.

Also, as large as the golems are, they don't have city building durability. They might be lower. Still more than enough to kill Aiden, but not of the level of power or durability to prove Multi-City block level.

Also we have been ignoring something. There are rivers and a GIANT LAKE next to the city of Chicago. Aiden can hitch a boat or helicopter ride to the islands and out to Lake Michigan to safety, out of his reach.

Considering Aiden gets grenade launchers in a gun store, I find it as reasonable for Cole to get similar explosives, but nothing more than an RPG.

Also, as large as the golems are, they don't have city building durability. They might be lower. Still more than enough to kill Aiden, but not of the level of power or durability to prove Multi-City block level.

Also we have been ignoring something. There are rivers and a GIANT LAKE next to the city of Chicago. Aiden can hitch a boat or helicopter ride to the islands and out to Lake Michigan to safety, out of his reach.

Can't Cole just use a Lightning Strike

Notadeadguy said:

Can't Cole just use a Lightning Strike

Yes, but wouldn't the weather be part of this? Chicago has a balance of sunny and overcast and rarely stormy weather. Especially on the lakefront. I speak from experience and this is enforeced in the in-game engine in Watch Dogs.

I mean shock grenades and electric rockets. Or... I think I misunderstood something

Fair enough, but even with that, Cole still took some hits from those things. And I'll point back at the multi-city block feat that he survived before he got his powers. If he was immune to the damage he wouldn't have taken damage but clearly it requires some degree of durability to survie that. And conduits grow stronger over time

Pretty much. Lightning bolt end. Or use a rocket to make a hole on the ship. And then shoot a lightning bolt once Aiden gets on the water

Edit - is the objective of the match for Aiden to escape or take down Cole? I'm confused.

Weather doesn't really affect the Lightning Strike

I believed I could've used that move in broad daylight.

Pretty much. It's some atmospheric adjustment shit. And Cole can do it.

Not to mention it has enough power to nearly knock out the city power. Then again he might be controlling it too to prevent losing energy

Well not exactly an issue. In a mission where he has to take down balloons, he could use one battery only to take down a balloon's force field

He should be able to control where it strikes too by doing that

Of course using a rocket to strike down Aiden's ship is also a choice

Aiden can counter and intercept. Hacking certain kind of rockets like those who lock on.

He can also bail out and go to a rooftop or another helilcopter. He's done crazy shit before, but nothing more or less atheletic than say, a 9-C character.

Other than that, a 1 to 1 is what this not.

So from distance, and with Aiden hiding, and with what Cole has, there isn't too much time to go from doing one thing, and then another thing. The fact that Aiden won't outrun him in an alleyway, he can do so in a building by locking doors, elevators, using water sprinklers on him, using gas lines and such to clog his vision or throw his off his track momentarily.

Even if not, Aiden has time to study Cole for a while, maybe finding an avtantage like he usually does by scanning Cole's bio, and finding out as much about Cole online as he can. Then use that to turn the tables.

^how much info can you get on Cole exactly. Cole has been inside a quarantined city most of the time so not much is known about him in the outside world other than rumors.

It's a literal rocket made of electricity. That can also lock onto a target. How do you exactly hack that?

Cole also has an ability that massively increases his perception to the point that a fan is too slow and he could shoot through it. So it should be possible for him to tag Aiden the moment he sees him

He won't die to a sprinkle of water if that's what you're asking. Heck even if he falls on water it seems that he only gets knocked out. It's a double edged sword. If he gets wet, everything else that is wet dies even if he's hurt. Cole can just blow away a door with a shockwave or ram through it like in a cutscene, fry an elevator, destroy a building, heck he doesn't need his eyes for vision when he has radar

Cole does not use any convential weaponry or vehicles. He simply wields the power of lightning on his hands. And finding a bio would be hard considering no one really made a record of Cole after the Quarantine/Blast. All they'll discover is that he's a deliveryman who suddenly has powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back