• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole and Kessler (inFAMOUS) Minor Ability Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was brought to me on a few threads that there are some incorrect powers listed underneath Cole and Kessler's profile:

Cole MacGrath

Precognition: Should probably be changed to Limited Precognition, cause it works only when he absorbs a massive amount of electricity (like a substations worth) and he only gets a vision of himself using a new power that he receives from the boost

Retrocognition: I think there's been a mix up. Cole can't really see the past. He can see dead people's memories by absorbing the bodies remaining nueroelectric signals. He doesn't have retrocog

Telepathy: Should probably be switched to Limited Telepathy or removed, because as aforementioned, he can only read the memories of recently dead people, though he could theoretically do it to living people as well. His radar pulse can sense hostile intent in others, but I'm not sure if that cuts it. Idk, would appreciate some input.

Mind Manipulation: Not sure where the reading memories comes from, and as aforementioned, can only read memories, not manipulat them.

Kinetic Energy Manipulation: Should probably be switched to Limited Kinetic Energy Manipulation because Cole can only use his shields to block attacks and convert their energy into electricity for him to use, or he uses electromagnetism to wrap explosive kinetic charges into his electric rockets and grenades.

Statistics Amplification via absorbing electricity: On top of healing Cole and restoring his energy pool/stamina, if Cole absorbs a sufficient amount of energy, he can either unlock a new power, or use the Overcharge technique, basically a temporary power up that grants him unlimited electricity, and an electric aura that frys anyone unfortunate enough to be near him, or he can release explosive electrical shockwaves that can power up numerous city blocks and fry enemies nearby. The downside to this is that in order to keep the from going he has to maintain contact with conductive objects (wires, generators, etc) or the boost will run out in an electrical explosion. Cole also generally gets stronger the more energy he absorbs

This can also apply to his Karmic Overload, which also grants him unlimited energy, but without the aura or electrical explosion. It works by him performing "karmic" deeds, which store up an when his karma bar is full, he can use the Karmic Overload

inFAMOUS 2 Evil Cole can also gain a boost of temporary unlimited energy by bioleeching someone

Kessler

Teleportation: This should be cut. It's revealed in this cutscenes at 00:50 that Kessler basically moves so fast that it appears that he is teleporting (you see he's covered by the white aura that appears around him when he moves in game)

Precog: Kessler's never shown any signs of precog, not even Cole's low level precog

We should probably add in some weaknesses of his telepathy/mind attacks

His memory inject/telepathy requires physical contact, and his phantasms need to touch their opponent and they are kinda slow

Also, and this might be me reaching, but Kessler might have these abilities:

Minor Longevity: Kessler is Cole in the future who went to the past to change the future. Kessler is obviously older than Cole, we know this because in the custscene above, we see that Kessler married Trish, and have two children who appear to be in the 4-8 range.

In this comic, we get a further glimpse of how old Kessler is. The cars presented were prevalent in the 1920's.

Another thing to note is that when Kessler took control of the First Sons and kicked out Alden Tate, Alden was a young boy. In the game, years later, he is an old man, and is in worse shape than Kessle, who is confirmed to be older than him.

It is also stated by Cole that Kessler spent decades planning the Empire Event. Decades. Plural.

So yeah, Kessler is old, most likely near or over a 100 years old, since present day Cole is in his early twenties. But he managed to fight and move on par with his younger self

This next one is reaching

Possible Resistance to Time Paradox: As we all know, Kessler is future Cole. But, despite this, things that affected Cole in the past didn't effect Kessler.

When Cole was doused in Sasha's mind control tar, which let Sasha invade Cole's mind, Kessler wasn't effected. In fact, it was revealed in dead drop that in the past, Sasha was incapable of mind controlling Kessler, much to her frustration. If the tar let Sasha attack Cole's Mind, then why couldn't she attack Kessler's? It's either bad writing or time paradox resistance.

Kessler also showed no fear of Cole dying. In a dead drop it was revealed that Kessler made prepping case Cole died. Kessler also, without hesitation attacked Cole with murderous intent.

Reaching, but give it some thought.

Cole

Precognition: That sounds weird, does he have any other showings of precognition? Because you make it sound like it's just game mechanics to show the player the power they're getting and not something the character usually has and uses. If that's all it does it's a very limited precognition ability and it should definitely be noted on his page.

Retrocognition: Yeah, that's just a form of telepathy/mind reading.

Telepathy: Probably best to change it to limited Telepathy (Can read memories of the recently deceased and can sense the hostile intent of others nearby)

Mind Manipulation: Looks like it should be removed.

Kinetic Energy Manipulation: Agree with this.

Statistics Amplification: Seems reasonable.

Kessler

Teleportation: I don't see anything in the cutscene which would disprove teleportation, just him running with his family. Is the teleportation something confirmed or just an assumption of him doing things in battle that could just be bursts of speed like Bleach's Flash Step or Naruto's Shunshin?

Precog: If he doesn't have it and there's nothing to suggest he has it, it should be removed.

Longevity: Maybe? It's not that weird to see very old men in fiction that manage to unreasonably keep in shape.

Time Paradox Immunity: I don't know. It might just be how time travel works in that universe. Dragon Ball characters are not affected by the past being changed in their own universe because it just creates an alternate timeline where the past was changed and the original timeline is left the same. Theoretically, Trunks could have killed himself in the past and continue to exist.

Cole

Precog: Yeah, that's his only showing, but we know it's not just game mechanics because even Cole himself acknowledges the flash, showing genuine shock and awe at what just happened. It's not really combat applicable, but it's more of an indexing thing

Kessler

Teleportation: The tp has never been confirmed, and I think the cutscene of him running at high speeds proves that it's just him moving really fast. Throughout the video, you can see a brief glimpse of Kessler's white outline when he's zipping around, and you even see the dirt underneath his feet get displaced, showing that he's moving around, not teleporting

Longevity: I mean, it shows that if a 100+ year old Comduit can still fight like a young man. He also planned on living longer had Cole failed.

Time Paradox Immunity: You may have a point

Then it definitely should be limited precognition.

Kessler

Looking at that video, it's looks like bursts of speed so no Teleportation there.

Maybe what you said, limited longevity? Is it just him or is it something that applies to all Conduits (like wizards/witches in Harry Potter)?

About the paradox, that's just my opinion. Given the two are the same person and that from what I understand Kessler didn't have to deal with his own future self, IMO there's either two timelines or no paradox problems, as Kessler interfering with Cole in any way would already change his own past and erase his existence.

Kessler

Longevity: Alden, another Conduit, was an old man who survived a beat down from one of the strongest Conduits alive, tore apart a bridge and a large tower made of junk, and also survived a jump off a bridge after receiving a beat down. His only downfalls were that he walked with a limp and needed a cane to walk, but besides that his telekinetic powers were extremely powerful.

Keep I mind that he's WAY younger than Kessler, and yet has less vitality

Time Paradox: That seems reasonable. It is more likely that there are just two timelines, and that Kessler going back in time created another timeline where the Beast didn't destroy the world.

I agree with the longevity, not sure about the time paradox thing. There can be a whole bunch of reasons for that.

Also, not sure if this is important, but Cole should probably get:

Aura: Overcharge creates an electric aura that fries everything around him, and Cole has shown the ability to cover his person in electrical energy and release omnidirectional blasts

So here are the final abilities that will be added/edited

Cole

Limited Precognition (Recieves flashes of himself in the future using new abilities after having absorbed a massive amount of electricity)

Limited Telepathy (can absorb the memories of the recently deceased by draining their neuroelectricity)

Limited Kinetic Energy Manipulation (can use his shields to absorb kinetic energy and convert it into electricity, uses electromagnetism to wrap explosive kinetic charges into his rockets and grenades)

Statistics Amplification via absorbing electricity/Karmic Overload

Aura

Kessler

Minor Longevity (Must have been near or over a 100 years old during his fight with Cole)

Soung good?

Also, I was wondering what we should do with radar pulse? Cause as aforementioned, it can sense hostile intent within others, which I'm unsure what to classify that as.

Wait, almost forgot, Cole should also get:

Limited X-Ray Vision via Radar Pulse: Allows Cole to see the insides of a person (skeleton, vitals) and can see any biological abnormalities (Ray Sphere Plague, Conduit Gene)

LazyHunter said:
Limited Enhanced Senses, right? Seems alright.
Actually he already has Enhanced Sense, but I think we should specify what kind (X-Ray, Biological Scanning, Radar Pulse, which lets him sense electricity and the presence of others, basically a sixths sense that's also gives him a mental map of his surroundings)

Looking at his page, Radar Pulse is also already listed as Energy/Aura Sensing. Just add the X-Ray vision into that.

But shouldn't it add the x-ray, bio-scanning, and radar sense to his enhanced sense? Cause those are two different things.

So here are the final abilities that will be added/edited

Cole

Limited Precognition (Recieves flashes of himself in the future using new abilities after having absorbed a massive amount of electricity)

Limited Telepathy (can absorb the memories of the recently deceased by draining their neuroelectricity)

Limited Kinetic Energy Manipulation (can use his shields to absorb kinetic energy and convert it into electricity, uses electromagnetism to wrap explosive kinetic charges into his rockets and grenades)

Statistics Amplification via absorbing electricity/Karmic Overload

Aura

Enhances Senses/Aura/Energy Sensing via Radar Pulse

Kessler

Minor Longevity (Must have been near or over a 100 years old during his fight with Cole)

Soung good?

Also, I was wondering what we should do with radar pulse? Cause as aforementioned, it can sense hostile intent within others, which I'm unsure what to classify that as.

I think that this seems reasonable. You can adjust the pages if you wish.

Also, wanted to add something:

Limited Kinetic Energy: (Can expel shockwaves of kinetic energy from his hands [Shockwaves, Blasts])

Also, might be stretching, but here's another thing worth noting:

Limited Reactive Evolution or Limited Adaptation: Start at 3:30. Kuo, who has gone over Dr. Wolfe's notes, the leading expert on Conduit's and Ray Field Radiation, states that Cole can unlock new abilities by stressing out his powers in different ways. Cole proves this theory correct by mixing it up while fighting the Milita and gaining a new power. At 7:25, Kuo states that Cole can increase his other powers through similar methods.

This means that all of Coles abilities (Electrokinesis, Superhuman Characteristics, Cryokinesis, etc) can either improve or can be added onto by being stressed in different ways.

Just something to think about.

Limited kinetic energy and limited reactive evolution seem fine to me.

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Should I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back