• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Colder than Absolute Zero

Do we accept things being colder than absolute zero?

And how is that treated in vs battles? Like would someone with resistance to AZ not resist abilities colder than AZ?

No but...Ftl speed you can sorta get a sense of speed/scale, dropping below absolute zero? There isn't anything below that point, all energy and entropy has been removed from the system...While going lower is impossible even if it somehow was possible it shouldn't have any effect different from just going absolute zero. At least that's my current understanding, could be totally wrong/off base. As for resistances? no idea.

Not sure what would happen beyond absolute zero. I think there is no reason to not accept it if the verse has additional effects past that? Which is why I think you asked?

Saint Seiya characters Causally get colder than AZ.... Hyiga at one point froze time itself by going colder than AZ and I mean more than a hundred times colder WWWAAAYYYY MORE

Ok say it with me kids! ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT! Ahh well my brain has been taxed by this nonsense i hope you got your answer I have no idea about resistance or how we'd treat it but below absolute zero is apparently a thing and more common then I expected....

I remember seeing an example in tv tropes a while back, although that was credited to physics manipulation

It was under the "artistic license" section

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Besides saint seiya characters who else can go far Below AZ
I think Jin Kisaragi from Blazblue can go below AZ as well. IIRC, Azrael endured imprisioned in a AZ state and was fine beyond being bound, yet later in the story Jin managed to freeze solid and completely trap Azrael with his own cold.

Physically there's nothing below absolute zero, so it depends of how the verse threat it. Attemps to cacluate temperature for freezing stuff generally have results below az, although that happens cuz the math do not consider it.

Example of "below absolute zero" generally involve stuff like freezing flames, souls and time (aka time stopping), but at the end depends of the verse.

Back