• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

(Whoever all is looking for Tessa's lab, idk if you know where it is or not. If you do, then you can just say you made it there. It's far from the city's center, and even distant from any homes that would normally neighbor it, appearing like a tall shack from the outside.)

(Whoever all is looking for Tessa's lab, idk if you know where it is or not. If you do, then you can just say you made it there. It's far from the city's center, and even distant from any homes that would normally neighbor it, appearing like a tall shack from the outside.)
(We do, I'll just skip to the tall shack)

Sam and Damian, after what seems to be hours, finally manage to make it to Tessa's laboratory. It seemed like something you'd see in the old world, a random shack in the middle of a densely cluttered woodland. With the sunlight gleaming through the canopy and onto Sam's armour, he knocked on the door and waited.

Rizzuto just looked at Noah and Dene like there a bunch of traitors as he just couldn't just accept that he might be gay. He then said, "I'll have Risotto alla Milanese." placing his order.

Rizzuto just looked at Noah and Dene like there a bunch of traitors as he just couldn't just accept that he might be gay. He then said, "I'll have Risotto alla Milanese." placing his order.
"Ooohh! Quite fancy!" Eqowir said enthusiastically.

"The order will come in around 10 minutes, any appetizers you guys want?"

"Soma?" Eqowir glances at him.

"Caesar Salad... The usual..." he said.

"Imma go for some onion rings..." Dene said.

"I would go for some chowder soup.." Efrain responded.

"Aight! Got it! Be right there in a few moments..." the chef said, leaving as she goes to the kitchen.

The Waterboarder tried to think of something quick so as not to get into an awkward moment with everyone here, she still had the feeling of causing chaos but she had it under control.

"So... After the 5 days of training we will have things like missions?"

The Waterboarder tried to think of something quick so as not to get into an awkward moment with everyone here, she still had the feeling of causing chaos but she had it under control.

"So... After the 5 days of training we will have things like missions?"
"You will once you get assigned... Though we still have our eyes on you, we can't really share your status to the public..." Efrain answered.

In a few moments, a waiter arrives to give their appetizers.

"I mean... It's kinda true... You still have that tingly feeling every Waterboarder gets whenever they are with humans, huh?" Dene asks Noah.

"Prolly something to do with the guys you were cahoots with before joinin' us..." Dene said, as he glances at Soma, to which he was talking to Efrain.

"I suspected as much. I don't know how to feel about that though. Some of the people there give off creepy vibes. The weird field missions they put me on also didn't leave a good impression on me..."

"I suspected as much. I don't know how to feel about that though. Some of the people there give off creepy vibes. The weird field missions they put me on also didn't leave a good impression on me..."
(Would this be a good time to send in another canary from George?)

"I mean... It's kinda true... You still have that tingly feeling every Waterboarder gets whenever they are with humans, huh?" Dene asks Noah

"Yes, although it increases as long as there are more humans, for that reason it's easy to locate them in large groups when it enters our range, when there is a group larger than 15 people, it becomes like if someone beats a drum in your head" She explained, it bothered her but she could bear that feeling
"You will once you get assigned... Though we still have our eyes on you, we can't really share your status to the public..." Efrain answered.
"I mean, not all missions have to be pretty or looking for new people here." she said, after all she was a Waterboarder, good or not

(I'ma just say "Rizzuto's Risotto" over and over in my head now)
(Rizzuto wants to eat Rizzuto
IMG_3153.jpg
???)

(We do, I'll just skip to the tall shack)

Sam and Damian, after what seems to be hours, finally manage to make it to Tessa's laboratory. It seemed like something you'd see in the old world, a random shack in the middle of a densely cluttered woodland. With the sunlight gleaming through the canopy and onto Sam's armour, he knocked on the door and waited.
(Lou, lmk if you wanted to say anything, if not, I'll go ahead and reply)

"Can you like, describe it to us?" Dene asked curiously.

"We'll for one, they wanted me to stalk down this girl and her friend and gather details on them. So I scanned their abilities and marked them, though obviously they aren't marked for them anymore since my contract with them is broken. Then their leader wanted me to keep logs of this dude slowly going insane inside his house. Never really got any details on why I had to do either since they were secretive."

"We'll for one, they wanted me to stalk down this girl and her friend and gather details on them. So I scanned their abilities and marked them, though obviously they aren't marked for them anymore since my contract with them is broken. Then their leader wanted me to keep logs of this dude slowly going insane inside his house. Never really got any details on why I had to do either since they were secretive."
"Wow that's a little ****** up especially the guy going insane inside his house I'm mean why did they just have you watch him inside his house without ever making moves to help him." said Rizzuto trying to piece the whole thing together in his head.

"I guess they're looking for recruits, but also making sure to see that they can be useful and not Deadweight" Noah said before eating a breadstick and savoring it well.

"Ummm, these breads remind me of human bones, crunchy" She thought.

"I guess they're looking for recruits, but also making sure to see that they can be useful and not Deadweight" Noah said before eating a breadstick and savoring it well.

"Ummm, these breads remind me of human bones, crunchy" She thought.
(AYO WTF?)
"Nuntius is a man of planning... He always has something in mind even if you think he doesn't... When you think he's one step ahead, he goes two steps backwards and four steps left," Efrain explained to them.

"What the heck does that even mean?" Dene asked, eating his onion rings.

"It means that you cannot predict him, it's the exact the opposite... In a couple of weeks he may have a plan to attack us. Mostly a plan pictured towards me and Soma..."

(AYO WTF?)
"Nuntius is a man of planning... He always has something in mind even if you think he doesn't... When you think he's one step ahead, he goes two steps backwards and four steps left," Efrain explained to them.
"That's great and all but who even is Nuntius and how is he related to you." said Rizzuto before opening a bottle of hard liquor and chugging it.

"He's some creepy older guy Adom thinks is his father or something. I only ever talked to him on that second mission though. Seemed he didn't even want Adom to know?"

"That's great and all but who even is Nuntius and how is he related to you." said Rizzuto before opening a bottle of hard liquor and chugging it.
"Nuntius was one of my comrades. He was an ambitious and reasonable man with deep sense of justice. He was a Survivor, helping me to purge the Waterboarders for 10 years. That was until he noticed the repetitive pattern. He saw that in his eyes, Waterboarders would never go away as they are a part of our world.... So in order to eliminate them, he went on this journey to achieve Salvation— transcend every living human to another plane of existence, defining his own version of "Heaven"..." Efrain explained.

"At first, I tried to stop him, but my frail age and old body made it impossible. Only after I had this suit that he waged war against us, saying that..."

"If you dare get in the way of our Nirvana, then be casted to Hell you are!"

"... that is what be said..." Efrain said.

"Nuntius was one of my comrades. He was an ambitious and reasonable man with deep sense of justice. He was a Survivor, helping me to purge the Waterboarders for 10 years. That was until he noticed the repetitive pattern. He saw that in his eyes, Waterboarders would never go away as they are a part of our world.... So in order to eliminate them, he went on this journey to achieve Salvation— transcend every living human to another plane of existence, defining his own version of "Heaven"..." Efrain explained.

"At first, I tried to stop him, but my frail age and old body made it impossible. Only after I had this suit that he waged war against us, saying that..."

"If you dare get in the way of our Nirvana, then be casted to Hell you are!"

"... that is what be said..." Efrain said.
"Ah he's a crazy religious nut who thinks he's greatest the Messiah ever since Jesus Christ and that it is his duty to usher in a new age of prosperity and salvation even if he has to kill almost everyone to achieve it that is quiet the friend you used to have their Efrain." said Rizzuto who picked the bottle of alcohol back up and started chugging it faster he then said, "And on top of that he sounds about as strong as you are witch is very worrisome."

"Ah he's a crazy religious nut who thinks he's greatest the Messiah ever since Jesus Christ and that it is his duty to usher in a new age of prosperity and salvation even if he has to kill almost everyone to achieve it that is quiet the friend you used to have their Efrain." said Rizzuto who picked the bottle of alcohol back up and started chugging it faster he then said, "And on top of that he sounds about as strong as you are witch is very worrisome."

"That's probably the most intelligible thing I've heard you say. Those drugs from earlier must finally have worn off. Shame you plan to get immediately wasted again."

"That's probably the most intelligible thing I've heard you say. Those drugs from earlier must finally have worn off. Shame you plan to get immediately wasted again."
"Hey, it's a legitimate way to cope with everything life throws at you these days the reality off our situation and all the shit that's happened in my lifetime becomes hurts a lot less when everything is in a haze of inebriation you should try it sometime." said Rizzuto drinking more alcohol.

"Hey, it's a legitimate way to cope with everything life throws at you these days the reality off our situation and all the shit that's happened in my lifetime becomes hurts a lot less when everything is in a haze of inebriation you should try it sometime." said Rizzuto drinking more alcohol.

"It's a legitimate way to cope, but not a good or healthy way. There's better alternatives. Drinking in moderation is one thing, getting drunk on occasion is fun. But that's different. Do what you want though, I'm not your mommy. Well, maybe I can be." They joked, not wanting to dampen the mood

"It's a legitimate way to cope, but not a good or healthy way. There's better alternatives. Drinking in moderation is one thing, getting drunk on occasion is fun. But that's different. Do what you want though, I'm not your mommy. Well, maybe I can be." They joked, not wanting to dampen the mood
Rizzuto blushed a little at that last part before he said, "Thanks for the sentiment even if you ruined it little at the end, I'll try to indulge less no promises though." he then stopped drinking and put the bottle down for now.

Back