• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Soma blocks and counters it with a quick jab to the head.
Rizzuto gets knocked back by the punch to the head he then tries to use his contraband to shoot a blast of fire out of his hand if this fails, Rizzuto immediately follows up by manipulating the earth underneath Soma into a bunch of spikes that try to impale him.

Efrain backhands the claw gently, before performing an one-inch punch towards her torso and a swift chop, intending to disarm her of her gun but not powerful to dissect her completely.
Noah felt the blow that took all the air out of him again, several meters from the old man and although she lost her weapon, that will not prevent her from attacking, after all she is a weapon.

She quickly scrambled to her feet, and whipped out her arm, full of spikes and blades sharp enough to cut bones.

As they ran alongside Dene they vanished. Using their ability to distort space to conceal his whereabouts. Without either intense focus on solely them or extrasensory abilities, they should be safe
Rizzuto gets knocked back by the punch to the head he then tries to use his contraband to shoot a blast of fire out of his hand if this fails, Rizzuto immediately follows up by manipulating the earth underneath Soma into a bunch of spikes that try to impale him.
Soma reflected the fire and the earth spikes using the vectors to change its direction, the attack heading towards Dene and Caleb, somehow noticing them thanks to Efrain using the electrical wave from earlier to set up a motion detector of sorts.

Dene reloads the gun and tries shooting the incoming earth spikes that Rizzuto had just shot towards Soma, whilst avoiding the fire.
Noah felt the blow that took all the air out of him again, several meters from the old man and although she lost her weapon, that will not prevent her from attacking, after all she is a weapon.

She quickly scrambled to her feet, and whipped out her arm, full of spikes and blades sharp enough to cut bones.
Knowing Noah would try to defend Dene, Efrain blocked the blades with his own staff, launching electrical whips to restrain her and/or delay the incoming attack.

Soma reflected the fire and the earth spikes using the vectors to change its direction, the attack heading towards Dene and Caleb, somehow noticing them thanks to Efrain using the electrical wave from earlier to set up a motion detector of sorts.

Dene reloads the gun and tries shooting the incoming earth spikes that Rizzuto had just shot towards Soma, whilst avoiding the fire

They counter the principal one blades from the earth by marking Rizzoto and flinging a rock at the blades, shattering them as they stemmed from Rizzuto thus making them more suceptible to damage. Though there wasn't much they could hope to do against the fire

Knowing Noah would try to defend Dene, Efrain blocked the blades with his own staff, launching electrical whips to restrain her and/or delay the incoming attack.
Noah had to make an abrupt change in her own body, of course the shock still affected her but she was able to redirect the most electricity out of her system and then continue to face Efrien, she knew she couldn't always be with Dene, so she hoped he could.

She quickly run over and tried to give the older man an upper cut.

Rizzuto reached out with his contraband and stopped the fire using telekinesis he then looked at Dene and Caleb and said, "Mind if we switch opponent's." Before launching himself towards Noah an Efrain using telekinesis.

They counter the principal one blades from the earth by marking Rizzoto and flinging a rock at the blades, shattering them as they stemmed from Rizzuto thus making them more suceptible to damage. Though there wasn't much they could hope to do against the fire
Rizzuto reached out with his contraband and stopped the fire using telekinesis he then looked at Dene and Caleb and said, "Mind if we switch opponent's." Before launching himself towards Noah an Efrain using telekinesis.
"I don't it would help really!" he yelled, as he summons to flowers to track Soma and Efrain, but they were simply too fast for him to know. Instead, he improvised and have Caleb mark the two, using his flowers to increase the bullets lethality.
Noah had to make an abrupt change in her own body, of course the shock still affected her but she was able to redirect the most electricity out of her system and then continue to face Efrien, she knew she couldn't always be with Dene, so she hoped he could.

She quickly run over and tried to give the older man an upper cut.
Efrain dodged the uppercut, but pulled Rizzuto in time to make him take the damage instead.

Soma attacked both Dene and Caleb, using his sword to destroy some debris and fling them as projectiles. But Dene countered it with his gun and shot the rubble into small tiny pieces.

Efrain dodged the uppercut, but pulled Rizzuto in time to make him take the damage instead.

Soma attacked both Dene and Caleb, using his sword to destroy some debris and fling them as projectiles. But Dene countered it with his gun and shot the rubble into small tiny pieces.
"izzuto gets set flying by the upper cut but stops himself with his contraband he then throws Efrain into one of Noah's attacks using telekinesis.

Rizzuto gets set flying by the upper cut but stops himself with his contraband he then throws Efrain into one of Noah's attacks using telekinesis.
Efrain lets himself be launched, but wraps electrical whips to fling Noah further. He then sways as he launches Noah towards Rizzuto.

Now using the telekinesis as a magnet to get close to Noah, Efrain gets behind her as she's being launched and delivers a strike with his staff.

Rizzuto stops Noah from ramming into him using telekinesis and then gently sent her down he then gave her a quit apology before using telekinesis to hold Efrain in place and blast him with as much electricity as possible.

Damian sighs with relief when he sees Sam, turning on the speakers Damian asks a question. "Sam, what happened while I was gone?"
Sam looks up at the helicopter landing nearby.

"At least someone knows how to make an entrance. Rather uneventful you see, but you may have missed a raid two though." Sam shrugged as he walked off, continuing towards the laboratory.

Rizzuto stops Noah from ramming into him using telekinesis and then gently sent her down he then gave her a quit apology before using telekinesis to hold Efrain in place and blast him with as much electricity as possible.
Efrain used his own electricity, absorbing the incoming attack in the process and delivers a powerful shockwave to fling Rizzuto off.

"Dene, shake hands with the others, Ill play decoy!"
"Got it!"

Dene runs towards Rizzuto and Noah, "Hey, Caleb's got a plan. Shake hands with me!"

Efrain used his own electricity, absorbing the incoming attack in the process and delivers a powerful knockback to fling Rizzuto off.

"Got it!"

Dene runs towards Rizzuto and Noah, "Hey, Caleb's got a plan. Shake hands with me!"
Rizzuto gets thrown back landing next to Dene he then holds his hand out to shake Dene's and said, "Sure I'm down with whatever stops them from beating my ass."

"Hey, no hard feelings about getting your fiancée taken, right?" They stare at Soma with a worried expression
"None at all really... I trust her and she trusts me... She was taken due to her not unlocking the potential of her Contraband. But it's a tradeoff given we have you now... Paige isn't one who would spill the beans..." Soma responded, pausing as be observes Dene shaking hands with his allies.
Rizzuto gets thrown back landing next to Dene he then holds his hand out to shake Dene's and said, "Sure I'm down with whatever stops them from beating my ass."
"Same, I'm tired of being electrocuted" Said the Waterboarded determined to at least hit him back and shake Dene's hand

"I do hope we ****** survive this thing..." Dene said, glancing back at Caleb. "Hey, Caleb! Do your magic!"

"None at all really... I trust her and she trusts me... She was taken due to her not unlocking the potential of her Contraband. But it's a tradeoff given we have you now... Paige isn't one who would spill the beans..." Soma responded, pausing as be observes Dene shaking hands with his allies.

"I do hope we ****** survive this thing..." Dene said, glancing back at Caleb. "Hey, Caleb! Do your magic!"

With Rizuto now apart of the alliance, his marker was removed. He looks at both Soma and Efrain, marking them both once more.
"Fire as many projectiles as you all can! Don't worry about friendly fire, all your shots will home in on them and anyone allied with me can't hurt one another!"
They start firing rocks from the slingshot

With Rizuto now apart of the alliance, his marker was removed. He looks at both Soma and Efrain, marking them both once more.
"Fire as many projectiles as you all can! Don't worry about friendly fire, all your shots will home in on them and anyone allied with me can't hurt one another!"
"Really? Now that's bitchen." said Rizzuto who made hundreds of spikes made of earth various metals and debris and launched them all at Efrain while holding him in place using telekinesis.

"Really? Now that's bitchen." said Rizzuto who made hundreds of spikes made of earth various metals and debris and launched them all at Efrain while holding him in place using telekinesis.
Noah quickly retrieved her gun and fired the rest of her ammo
Dene began firing his bullets as well, using his flowers to boost Noah's and Rizzuto's projectiles.

Efrain, surrounded by the bullets, swung Shiva-Athena once, making a golden glow as he does.

In an instant, electricity crackled as multiple repeating slashes slice all the earth spikes and the bullets.

"Woah what the f-"

Dene is met with Soma's kick, knocked back as he's send flying. He then went for Rizzuto as he punches him in the gut.

Last edited:
Dene began firing his bullets as well, using his flowers to boost Noah's and Rizzuto's projectiles.

Efrain, surrounded by the bullets, swung Shiva-Athena once, making a golden glow as he does.

In an instant, electricity crackled as multiple repeating slashes slice all the earth spikes and the bullets.

"Woah what the f-"

Dene is met with Soma's kick, instantly knocking him out. He then went for Rizzuto as he punches him in the gut.

"Woah woah, I thought we were training till timeout, not till knockout!"
They run for an exit.

"Woah what the f-"

Dene is met with Soma's kick, instantly knocking him out. He then went for Rizzuto as he punches him in the gut.
The overuse of his contraband and the punch from Soma was enuf to knock Rizzuto out of the fight causing him to vomit and knocking the wind out of his lungs.

Noah go to see Dene

"did he break a bone?" she asked
"I healed him before I did..." Soma answered, with Dene responding with a thumbs up.

"This is should be enough for today... You all have overused your Contraband..." Efrain said, as Soma tends to Rizzuto and begins healing the bruise just as immediately, the puke flying off to nowhere.

"In this fight, you all had made four mistakes..." Efrain said.

"Well, what are those mistakes? Was it the lack of teamwork? The imprudence of how we attacked? The lack of attack and defense technique?" the waterboarder Asked curious about those mistakes

"This is should be enough for today... You all have overused your Contraband..." Efrain said, as Soma tends to Rizzuto and begins healing the bruise just as immediately, the puke flying off to nowhere.

"In this fight, you all had made four mistakes..." Efrain said.
"Bro why did you have to hit me so hard man." Rizzuto said looking up at Soma while clutching his stomach in pain.

"Bro why did you have to hit me so hard man." Rizzuto said looking up at Soma while clutching his stomach in pain.
"I didn't try to hit you hard... Had I did, there'd be a hole in there..." Soma said, still healing him and Dene.
"Well, what are those mistakes? Was it the lack of teamwork? The imprudence of how we attacked? The lack of attack and defense technique?" the waterboarder Asked curious about those mistakes
"No... In fact, your teamwork was very impressive... However, what you lacked... was coordination..." Efrain said, as Dene slowly stood up, supported by Soma.

"Mistakes? Mistakes that we're too ****** weak?" Dene asked rhetorically.

"Nah, you guys are doing really well.. Just listen to the old man, he can give you lots of advices." Soma said, healing Dene.

"First, was the overuse of Contraband. In order to keep up with you Noah, Dene and Rizzuto mostly used their Contraband instead of using the nearby surroundings to go behind our blindspots. Two, you let your guard down. Even with Caleb's assistance, you sometimes let your guard down and often use moves that'll take a long time, leading to a slow buildup time. Three, the telekinesis that Rizzuto did against me. It was a mistake because Rizzuto used me as a magnet to Noah, allowing me to get more hits when she's clearly vulnerable. And four, was the delay of Caleb. Yes, you lacked knowledge of knowing each other's abilities. But, again, you lacked coordination. You simply used the ability, hoping it would hit, without knowing that the enemy could foresee it too." Efrain explained.
"We'll for what it's worth, my technique isn't suited for physical confrontation. No matter what I did, I couldn't fight to full efficiency..."
"That too should be a mistake... That being the mentality..." Efrain said.

"I mean who would be scared fighting the two strongest people ever! It's like... fighting against literal Gods! Of course we'd be scared!" Dene complained.

"It doesn't matter who you are facing, either weak or strong. If you have the confidence to do it, then you can make an impact on the battle, either you win or you lose...." Soma said.

"The thing is, you guys don't know how to bring the best of you... For one, you complain about your weaknesses without actively trying to solve it... This training's purpose is not just to show our strength or to help you get stronger physically, but also mentally and how you can further unlock your Contraband's potential as well as how to become a pragmatic fighter..."

"I didn't try to hit you hard... Had I did, there'd be a hole in there..." Soma said, still healing him and Dene.
"Thanks Soma because that totally made me feel better." Rizzuto said sarcastically.

"No... In fact, your teamwork was very impressive... However, what you lacked... was coordination..." Efrain said, as Dene slowly stood up, supported by Soma.

"Mistakes? Mistakes that we're too ****** weak?" Dene asked rhetorically.

"Nah, you guys are doing really well.. Just listen to the old man, he can give you lots of advices." Soma said, healing Dene.

"First, was the overuse of Contraband. In order to keep up with you Noah, Dene and Rizzuto mostly used their Contraband instead of using the nearby surroundings to go behind our blindspots. Two, you let your guard down. Even with Caleb's assistance, you sometimes let your guard down and often use moves that'll take a long time, leading to a slow buildup time. Three, the telekinesis that Rizzuto did against me. It was a mistake because Rizzuto used me as a magnet to Noah, allowing me to get more hits when she's clearly vulnerable. And four, was the delay of Caleb. Yes, you lacked knowledge of knowing each other's abilities. But, again, you lacked coordination. You simply used the ability, hoping it would hit, without knowing that the enemy could foresee it too." Efrain explained.
Rizzuto still being healed stood up and said, "So what's your advice on how to fix these mistakes."

"That too should be a mistake... That being the mentality..." Efrain said.

"Alright, fair. However, you need to aknowledge that it's ALSO important to aknowledge your weaknesses. Trying to power through it with a "can do" attitude is just as likely to get you killed. There's more merit to the role I usually take. I can improve on my close quarters combat, but optimally, I'd want to focus on my strengths in a battle, right?"

"Alright, fair. However, you need to aknowledge that it's ALSO important to aknowledge your weaknesses. Trying to power through it with a "can do" attitude is just as likely to get you killed. There's more merit to the role I usually take. I can improve on my close quarters combat, but optimally, I'd want to focus on my strengths in a battle, right?"
"We're not telling you to charge in and immediately die. Remember, dying and then win, and dying victoriously are two different things, Caleb," Soma said.
"Thanks Soma because that totally made me feel better." Rizzuto said sarcastically.

Rizzuto still being healed stood up and said, "So what's your advice on how to fix these mistakes."
Noah heard all this after processing it well.

She took a deep breath then
she sighed.

"Okay, let's see if we can start fixing these problems."
"Imagine a future version of yourself who can do all those things that you currently don't. Improvise with your abilities, compensate for the weaknesses, adapt to the situation, and overcome your setbacks." Efrain said.

Back