• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"Yep, we got the target. Caleb's knocked out though. Also did those guys just walk through the poison? Because if so, you can just run or fight for a bit until they get knocked out. I'll send Gnorm to get you once you're done" George replied while walking to the transport's location
"Grab the target and make a run for it. Make sure transportation is ready by the time I reach you."
Over the transceiver, George could hear the sound of cement smashing. He had found the storage for Contraband

Over the transceiver, George could hear the sound of cement smashing. He had found the storage for Contraband
(Just in case, is there any particular way we're gonna remove contraband? Or do we just store it or something? And what does cement smashing have to do with this storage? Or is it just Adom's fighting noises?)

(Just in case, is there any particular way we're gonna remove contraband? Or do we just store it or something? And what does cement smashing have to do with this storage? Or is it just Adom's fighting noises?)
(He can store it by boxing it in some of his forcefields which will follow him on command. The cement smashing was him busting into the room where they store contraband)

Trying to make haste, he summons four barriers from each direction around the contraband and boxes it in. Proceeding to bust out of the storage room and making a break for their escape.

Suddenly...

An abrupt yet powerful aura was felt throughout the city. It was a force known to all, and those who do know what... or perhaps.. who it is....

Up in the sky, Soma was seen floating as he surveys the entire battlefield...

"What the hell... happened here...?"

Suddenly...

An abrupt yet powerful aura was felt throughout the city. It was a force known to all, and those who do know what... or perhaps.. who it is....

Despite being far away, Miller could feel their presence. He couldn't help but crack a smile.
"That man truly is the strongest. I can't wait until we meet face to face and clash truths..."

Dene followed suit, thinking about what will happen to them as he summons flowers to help assist Noah's senses.
Suddenly...

Noah felt the overwhelming presence of Soma but she tried to ignore it and focus on finding an exit other than the main entrance.

(Now i go to bed)

Despite being far away, Miller could feel their presence. He couldn't help but crack a smile.
"That man truly is the strongest. I can't wait until we meet face to face and clash truths..."
"Adom, this is not the time. Get over here right now!" George yelled through his communicator as he himself had already arrived at transport with Caleb and Paige.

"Adom, this is not the time. Get over here right now!" George yelled through his communicator as he himself had already arrived at transport with Caleb and Paige.
"Is that how you speak to your superior? Anyway, I'm just about there. You left Caleb behind, right?"
Getting over the hill, he became visible to George

"Is that how you speak to your superior? Anyway, I'm just about there. You left Caleb behind, right?"
Getting over the hill, he became visible to George
"Didn't we hear the same briefing? That guy is the most powerful... Wait what? Caleb's with me, we have the space and I have the way to bring them in" George replied.

(Is this where Soma warps now?)
(No, not yet. We're gonna put Caleb back)
"It's something you wouldn't understand. Put the boy back where you picked him up from if you don't want your life span shortened by 100%."
"Uh, sure. I've already administered the antidote on him. Send him back, everyone!" George commanded, his wolves lifting Caleb's unconscious body up. The hunter proceeded to slip in a bird whistle into the boy's bag before he is brought all the way back

"Hmmm... What to do...."

Soma scanned the city as the birds survey around 10 kilometers, seeing Miller but also spotting Caleb. He could also see the trio running..

"I see... the trio must've arrived from that plane over there... Seems like they can handle themselves just fine... For the citizens... they're good too... Miller's leaving and so are the others.." he thought, analyzing them as he caressed his chin, though he doesn't know that Paige is with them.

"With that out of the way... I guess..."

He warped towards an empty wasteland where he can go for both Miller and George in a straight line.

"I can go a little bit wild"

Soma creates a nuclear fusion, a sun-like orb that glows bright white, illuminating the entire country. Though given he's slightly tired and in need of sleep, he decides to not perform the technique to its fullest and only shortcuts his calculations, resulting in a faulty attack. As destructive as it is, the attack is not guaranteed to hit both Miller and George.

(No, not yet. We're gonna put Caleb back)

"Uh, sure. I've already administered the antidote on him. Send him back, everyone!" George commanded, his wolves lifting Caleb's unconscious body up. The hunter proceeded to slip in a bird whistle into the boy's bag before he is brought all the way back

He finally closes in, jumping in I assume a plane or so air vehicle
"Now we get the **** out of here, QUICK!" He summoned as many barriers as possible in case they can't pull away fast enough to counter the attack

He finally closes in, jumping in I assume a plane or so air vehicle
"Now we get the **** out of here, QUICK!" He summoned as many barriers as possible in case they can't pull away fast enough to counter the attack
The two soon drove away into the sunset, leaving the survivors in disarray and missing one very important member...

Caleb slowly wakes up, rubbing his eyes.
"Damn my head hurts. Why'd she have to hit me so hard... Eh-? Where'd they go?" He turned his head in confusion, wondering where his teammates had gone

The two soon drove away into the sunset, leaving the survivors in disarray and missing one very important member...
"Macho ya Jua"
In an instant, the attack launches forward, erasing any Waterboarder or human alike... The fissure it created was able to slightly damage the vehicle Miller and George are riding upon...

After a while, the aftermath revealed a massive ravine, with the citizens going outside in awe of what they'd seen.

"We also can't forget..."
Caleb slowly wakes up, rubbing his eyes.
"Damn my head hurts. Why'd she have to hit me so hard... Eh-? Where'd they go?" He turned his head in confusion, wondering where his teammates had gone
Soma warped once again, but this time to Caleb's location.

"..about you."

"H-Hey sir.. I'm guessing you're here to take me in?" They nervously chuckled as they waved with their hands, fingers splayed and fingers wriggling
Soma simply grabs Caleb by their shirt as he teleports to the Headquarters.

"Seems you were too late once again, Soma..." Efrain said, a disappointed look present in his metallic eyes.

"This must be their info gatherer. They're connected to them and they are by no means friendly either..." he said, still holding them up. "We gotta lock this person and put them under high surveillance. I'll go take a nap... I'm too tired to deal with that person's bantering..." he said, as he proceeds to walk back to his room.

"Paige, what's u-"

Soma was surprised. She wasn't in her usual spot, at all.

"Tch... They must've kidnapped her on their way to escape... Why did she even leave her post? Was the threat that high?

N-nevermind.... I gotta gather my thoughts for now... Sir Efrain will deal with that brat for now..." he said, as he locked the door and went to sleep.

Soma simply grabs Caleb by their shirt as he teleports to the Headquarters.

"Seems you were too late once again, Soma..." Efrain said, a disappointed look present in his metallic eyes.

"This must be their info gatherer. They're connected to them and they are by no means friendly either..." he said, still holding them up. "We gotta lock this person and put them under high surveillance. I'll go take a nap... I'm too tired to deal with that person's bantering..." he said, as he proceeds to walk back to his room.

"Paige, what's u-"

Soma was surprised. She wasn't in her usual spot, at all.

"Tch... They must've kidnapped her on their way to escape... Why did she even leave her post? Was the threat that high?

N-nevermind.... I gotta gather my thoughts for now... Sir Efrain will deal with that brat for now..." he said, as he locked the door and went to sleep.

"I'm not a brat! And you could afford to be a bit more gentle with someone as delicate as me!" They shouted, crossing their arms and fuming. Their head hurts, they were betrayed, and now their getting picked up and tossed around like a toy to be locked up. Today is just no their day.

"I'm not a brat! And you could afford to be a bit more gentle with someone as delicate as me!" They shouted, crossing their arms and fuming. Their head hurts, they were betrayed, and now their getting picked up and tossed around like a toy to be locked up. Today is just no their day.
"Soma's just like that when he is grumpy, currently not in his tip-top shape either," Efrain said, helping Caleb get up.

"But he does have a point... You have helped the enemy... Though I for one wouldn't be oblivious to say that you didn't kill a single person.." he said, walking with his cane as guided them to their temporary room.

"However, I cannot ignore the damage your comrades did to our town... So tell me.." the old man stopped, and looked at them. Their metallic and robotic appearance illuminated by a faint light.

"What made you join them?"

"Soma's just like that when he is grumpy, currently not in his tip-top shape either," Efrain said, helping Caleb get up.

"But he does have a point... You have helped the enemy... Though I for one wouldn't be oblivious to say that you didn't kill a single person.." he said, walking with his cane as guided them to their temporary room.

"However, I cannot ignore the damage your comrades did to our town... So tell me.." the old man stopped, and looked at them. Their metallic and robotic appearance illuminated by a faint light.

"What made you join them?"

"I..." They sigh
"Hold on, let me decline my alliance with them before we do any talking..."
They glide their finger across the air, as if swiping on a phone. After a bit of what seems like scrolling, they tap the air in front of them. Supposedly invalidating their alliance. They take off their goggles and push it to the side.

"I..." They sigh
"Hold on, let me decline my alliance with them before we do any talking..."
They glide their finger across the air, as if swiping on a phone. After a bit of what seems like scrolling, they tap the air in front of them. Supposedly invalidating their alliance. They take off their goggles and push it to the side.
"A Contraband that involves making contracts... interesting.." Efrain said.

"A Contraband that involves making contracts... interesting.." Efrain said.

"Deceivingly useful. But anyway, now you don't have to worry about them picking up on our conversation. Though now I gotta worry about them coming after me too.. This sucks. This all sucks." They're stressed and a bit tense. While they could probably go for a talk, if you push and pry too much, you may end up with a blubbering mess

"Deceivingly useful. But anyway, now you don't have to worry about them picking up on our conversation. Though now I gotta worry about them coming after me too.. This sucks. This all sucks." They're stressed and a bit tense. While they could probably go for a talk, if you push and pry too much, you may end up with a blubbering mess
"So.. what will you do now that you've come across an impasse?" Efrain asked, handing them a chair to sit down.

"So.. what will you do now that you've come across an impasse?" Efrain asked, handing them a chair to sit down.

"That's a good question. Seeing as we mutually benefit from each other here... I figure it'd be in my best interest to help you all out. I feel kinda shitty for helping kidnap that girl anyway... Sorry, you probably don't want to hear me vent too much."

"That's a good question. Seeing as we mutually benefit from each other here... I figure it'd be in my best interest to help you all out.
"Can you prove yourself trustworthy though?" Efrain asked, raising an eyebrow.
I feel kinda shitty for helping kidnap that girl anyway...
"Well, we have our ways of getting her back... One way or the other.."
Sorry, you probably don't want to hear me vent too much."
"I am here to listen.... that's all. If you feel uncomfortable telling me your thoughts, simply tell me.."

"Can you prove yourself trustworthy though?" Efrain asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, we have our ways of getting her back... One way or the other.."

"I am here to listen.... that's all. If you feel uncomfortable telling me your thoughts, simply tell me.."

"I can try my best. I did cut connections with those assholes so they couldn't get their nasty hands on any secret information.. I can pledge alliegance with everyone here, I can make myself of some use. 'Specially since I know bits and pieces of their plans. I even know where their latest base was. Though I doubt they'd risk going there after leaving me behind.. I'm not uncomfortable with telling you anything. It's jus that so much is piling on me at once and it's making me feel pretty shitty. I knew the old boss would prolly turn on me, but I had some faith in George. He seemed like the type to do the right thing.. To answer your question from earlier, I only sided with them since they over red me protection from Waterboarders and creepy people who want to put their hands on me. I'm nothing like those guys.."

"I can try my best. I did cut connections with those assholes so they couldn't get their nasty hands on any secret information.. I can pledge alliegance with everyone here, I can make myself of some use. 'Specially since I know bits and pieces of their plans. I even know where their latest base was. Though I doubt they'd risk going there after leaving me behind.. I'm not uncomfortable with telling you anything. It's jus that so much is piling on me at once and it's making me feel pretty shitty. I knew the old boss would prolly turn on me, but I had some faith in George. He seemed like the type to do the right thing.. To answer your question from earlier, I only sided with them since they over red me protection from Waterboarders and creepy people who want to put their hands on me. I'm nothing like those guys.."
"I.. understand... For now, go into one of those rooms and rest.." Efrain said, guiding them into one of the bedrooms.

It was.. pretty comfortable to say the least. There's a TV, some snacks, a window, and some books. It was a miracle how they could still be powered despite the earlier EMP attack. Fueled by Contraband perhaps? It is unknown...

"I.. understand... For now, go into one of those rooms and rest.." Efrain said, guiding them into one of the bedrooms.

It was.. pretty comfortable to say the least. There's a TV, some snacks, a window, and some books. It was a miracle how they could still be powered despite the earlier EMP attack. Fueled by Contraband perhaps? It is unknown...

"This is actually pretty nice. I assume I'm gonna be questioned more later, so Ill use this time to rest and clear my head."
They walk over to the bed and climb into it one leg at a time. They lay facing the wall.
"Thanks for showing me kindness "gramps". I appreciate it more than you think."

"This is actually pretty nice. I assume I'm gonna be questioned more later, so Ill use this time to rest and clear my head."
They walk over to the bed and climb into it one leg at a time. They lay facing the wall.
The old man simply nods, the sound of the machine moving his head as he does so.
"Thanks for showing me kindness "gramps". I appreciate it more than you think."
Efrain was already gone by the time they said that as if he was some ghost guiding them into a location.

Back