• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: A Human Superbug (Game Thread 1)

Secundus glances over at Solomon and Sieg observing the Nothing for a moment, before soon going back to standing still.

Abarim finds that the closest door leads to the Gymnasium, somehow, and within is Everet in a recliner doing a crossword puzzle, periodically talking to someone on the other end of his device.

Sieg's hand seemingly bends around the Nothing, but he doesn't feel any pain or anything break. Instead, it feels like he just moved his hand downwards, but it simply wasn't moving at all besides at his wrist, which was moving normally.

Puppen finds a small armory with various uniforms.

Stranger finds an antique set of cuban cigars with an ivory ashtray on a table next to him Neither were there before and he didn't see, hear, or feel anything moving in relation to it.

Puppen's starts happily finger-gunning the uniforms, they all turn into dolls, which are now wearing frilly versions of the uniforms. "Dohohoho~."

I enter the door to the gym, as i have nothing better to do.

I start training to get better control and versatility off my power.

Puppen's piles some random junk together into the shape of some legs, she turns them into doll legs and puts them together with the legless military-doll. "Theeere we go~! Perfection~." She hums to herself.

Meretrix wakes up, slowly getting up from the bed with her hand on her head

"Oh my gosh, looks like that i've been hit by a truck in the head, i can't even remember wha-"

She than notices John in the room

"Oh... Ohhhhh. Now i remember, well, i could have lived without that information coming back to bite me up on the ass"

Meretrix says with her head now on her forehead

"Anyway, for how long did i sleep?"

"That was certainly enlightening." Solomon says, changing back to his previous state

@junko

He goes over to Puppens, noticing her doing interesting things with her dolls

"Do you like making these dolls?" He asks the humming girl

"Thank ya" He tilts his hat, and uses it immediately, not for a smoke, nah that would be a waste, he'd keep it, just sitting there, til he needed to do something right proper with it.

"Yeah, just a small headache, it must be from me using my powers back there"

Meretrix says while massaging her head

"Well... what are your plans now John? Do you like, have something in mind to do now?"

"For the moment ... carry out the missions that the Third Eye has for us and if I have time ... find the remains of my family, or at least ... their descendants if there are any", I reply, lowering the look.

Several wandering personel are more than a little creeped out by the half of a corpse currently walking around at the command of Puppen. There's some audible discussion about how sanitary that is.

There are several doors around Stranger that lead to various other parts of the facility. There don't appear to be any cameras nearby.

Samson's improvements appear slightly less impressive than before, as though he's reaching a plateau.

Abarim senses a slight breeze behind him. "There are now," Everet replies.

Meretrix goes towards John and grabs his chin to make he look at her eyes

"John, don't worry. We're here for you, if there any descendants, we'll find them, i promise"

Meretrix says with a smile on her face

"Now, how about we put a smile on this face? Let's meet the new, erm, old people? Well, the ones that we don't know yet, what do you say pal?"

Meretrix says, extending her hand to John

"Hmm. I don't think i'll be able to improve my control over this much more than what i already have. I suppose i'll have to learn ways i can be versatile with it."

I see the weights appear. In an atempt to test my new strength, i try to lift said weight with one hand.

"Ah."

He speaks no more, as he starts to make quick use of them. To properly strain himself, he interferes with the physics of the lifts, making them require an absurdly higher level of force to perform than normal. He takes deep breaths, grunting as he enforces his will to lift and prosper.

I wonder if those thing are sentient Solomon thinks after noticing the doll

"That's good, it's important to have something you like to do in times like these. Are you able to turn anything into dolls?"

"As long as its not living and is in the shape of something that can be a doll, they are free to join my stage~!" Puppen's says with a strange yet cheerful grin.

The weight seems rather heavy, even for Samson, despite appearing to be a normal dumbbell.

Abarim is scarcely able to lift the weight off of the ground without feeling basically every bone, tendon, and ligament in his entire body violently snap before rapidly coming back together, significantly stronger than before.

"How interesting, that would let you turn plenty of things into dolls, if some of us could make things for you to turn into dolls, you could likely garner a decent number in a short time." Solomon says

"Anyway, I'll let you get back to it, farewell for now." He says, waving as he walks away, trying to see what locations there were in this facility that he had not already been in

Secundus continues to stand still, looking around occasionally. He mentally scans the facility in the meanwhile, seeing if anything concerns him.

GRR

Abarim feels his body detonate inside out before immediately recovering.

"... Nothing is normal anymore, is it? I didn't feel anything wrong before everything suddenly broke."

He tries to start again, letting up on his physics alteration so he can properly exercise

Meretrix gives a surprise look, before hugging John back

"No John, you are to good for this world. Since we met, you have always believed in me and comforted me, even when i did a goof recently. Thanks John, for existing"

Meretrix says to her long time friend

"Tea sounds nice, but i don't know if we'll able to find tea here on the base, since, you know, 100 year+ old base"

"Ah, don't worry ... probably there will be the deposit of military rations here, the powdered tea will not be a very good but it is always better than nothing"

Sieg pulls back his hand and looks at it.

Not touchable.

"Question, can you magicule voids interact with each other ?"

I ask the Nothing, to see also if it can even hear me.

Solomon finds a sort of cafeteria, although its empty with some light clatter coming from what the kitchen. A clock on the wall shows it to be 10 AM.

Secundus finds that the base is constantly shifting, although this doesn't disturb any outside materials or the ground. Rooms are also rapidly appearing and dissappearing and the bunker itself has several exits across North America. Eventually, a sort of library pops into existence.

The lift now appears to be the perfect weight for Abarim. The same appears to be the case for Samson.

A woman walks into the room with Meretrix and Johnathan, places two cups of warm tea on a stand near the bed, and leaves.

The Nothing seemingly thinks for a second, after which Sieg hears "Yes, although not directly," in his head.

"Well, this is convenient."

Seems like the more significant improvements we gain can be obtained faster by pushinng ourselves to our limits and beyond. I go back to lifting this weight with only a hand, and quickly grab another weight with my free hand. I atempt to lift both weights at the same time.

Back