• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Code Breaker massive revision

Welp i just finished reading Code: Breaker and i've come for revisions cus the profiles look bare af and quite incomplete. Out of the ones that have a profile Rei Ogami is the one who's gonna be changed the most. Currently his profile is very meh. In terms of everything. So this is the new planned profile

Mostly pay attention to the powers and abilities, speed and range. Most of the other things will not change. AP will change however it has a blog on its own.

I will avoid listing all the changes as in terms of powers and abilities he's missing a LOT. I will make the profile cleaner than the sandbox obviously.

And another important change is the new key of Chibigami. Which is literally just young Ogami. Which im thinking of placing at 10-C in terms of tier.

Okay. You should ask some staff members instead then. Preferably discussion moderators and administrators.

Agree with most of it.

Shouldn't Extremely loud explosion be "Sound Manipulation" (limited by creating explosion so loud it affects the inner-ear)?

Don't think lacking Killing Intent is a power but guess it helps versus those that can feel it.

@Earl

We preferably need a bit more first.

Read Code:Breaker a long time ago. There's a lot I don't remember so let me ask a few questions. First on the resistances:

Can I get more context on the resisting Haruto thing? The scan doesn't really show anything.

Power Nullification: Didn't they do some training to more or less just overpower the power null of the angels/rare kind? Or do I misremember this?

Sound waves & vibration: Burning sound should be an ability not a resistance IMO.

Time Manip: If this is via Belphegor that should be powernull instead of resistance, since the flame nullifies the abilities, no?

Fire & explosion: Similar, sounds like a defensive ability more than a resistance.

Illusions: Eh, from what I see he didn't resist the illusion, but only the lust in it?

Do I really need to explain this?

• Non-Corporeal (For his left arm. Possible Non-Coproreality after fusing with Beelzebub)
The first one is Intangibility, I don't see how the second one that gives non corporeal.

• Resistance Negation (He burned countless of Rare Kinds. Should be massively superior to Kagerou who could even burn Lunch Box who was the strongest of all rare kinds)
You should probably explain why burning rare kinds gives him this ability.

• Regenerationn Negation (For as long as his arm is burning that part of the body cannot regenerate, with his strengthened flame even without needing his arm)
Scan seems to imply that the only reason he couldn't regenerate was because he kept burning him, not that the damage he did prevented that Regenerationn. Any more context here?

And you should specify the Regenerationn type.

Again, you need to explain why this would give him these resistances or link to the other person's profile.

What's the context here? Because they could be power null and not resistance.

• Sealing (Sakura, Lunchbox, Ogami and Mishiru weren't sealed inside pandora's box due to possessing immense willpower)
Well considering this was just speculation on that guy's part, a "possibly" rating would be safer.

And again, you would need some explanations here or a link to a profile or something. Mostly for the soul manip.

@DT

I'll show context on that haruto thing tomorrow

Nah the 7 flames can even burn rare kinds, they're pretty special. Iirc only the 7 flames and Zed could even affect the Rare kinds.

Sound waves, ok but I feel like that's a good way to explain it. Same for the fire and explosion. It's not true resistance but it acts like one. Besides it's already explained how it works.

Fair on the time manip

Illusion, well he did realise it was an illusion in the first place.

@DT

About haruto. It's these 2 chapters, read for context.

https://************.com/chapter/read_code_breaker_manga/chapter_19

https://************.com/chapter/read_code_breaker_manga/chapter_20

@Og

Yeah it's dura neg, also stated a lil later that it can EE and it burns on the level of not leaving anything behind (not even smoke). Im pretty sure durability wouldn't even apply on that level, but either way EE is a form of dura neg.

Isn't it non-corporeal, cus is fire. As for the 2nd its true I planned on removing it cuz it's just invisibility, my bad on that.

For resistance negation, I'll wait for DT to give his opinion cus it depends on whether rare kinds should just get power null or also resistances. So we'll leave this for now.

Yes, but even after he removes the arm he keeps burning. He was not regening despite doing so previously (regening cells is how the regen works)

I gave the chapters to dt, above but I'll fix the links later sure.

Yeah just power null, gonna fix that.

It's a speculation based on whether it was due to willpower or not but the fact that they didn't get sealed doesn't change.

Actually need to remove the soul manip there cus on a 2nd read it only works when your body burns completely.

Yeah it's dura neg, also stated a lil later that it can EE and it burns on the level of not leaving anything behind (not even smoke). Im pretty sure durability wouldn't even apply on that level, but either way EE is a form of dura neg.

Fair play. Although dura negg via EE should be specified.

Isn't it non-corporeal, cus is fire. As for the 2nd its true I planned on removing it cuz it's just invisibility, my bad on that.
It's Elemental Intangibility to be exact.

I'd say it's dura neg that ends up as EE. So it burns to the level of leaving nothing pretty much EE-ing him.

Ok fair elemental intangibility then. Anything else besides what I agreed to change?

Firephoenixearl said:
I'd say it's dura neg that ends up as EE, rather than dura neg via EE. So it burns to the level of leaving nothing pretty much EE-ing him.
I edited my post above. Opinion on this? ^^

I'm not sure. Not knowledgeable enough on the series, going by that scan on the profile I can see it go either way. So I'd need more context.

Maybe DontTalkDT would know.

Thanks to all staff members for helping out. It is very appreciated.

So now probabaly the most important point regarding this CRT, the Rare Kind's resistance.

Should the rare kinds just have power nullification, or should they also have resistances due to the special powers not working on them?

Firephoenixearl said:
Nah the 7 flames can even burn rare kinds, they're pretty special.
Could they do so before they learned to overpower the negation effect? Any showing of that?

Should the rare kinds just have power nullification, or should they also have resistances due to the special powers not working on them?
Passive powernull on contact with their bodies and resistance are close enough that it probably doesn't matter.

About haruto. It's these 2 chapters, read for context.

I can see resistance to sleep manipulation there and paralysis inducement here (for the latter it should maybe be mentioned to be of mental nature). But mind manipulation seems a bit too general. He can use the technique to show a memory, but that's it.

From what I can tell it seems to be more Power Null based off how by mixing their blood into the new school buidling, blood is the source of their power null it seems, they were able to stop to activation of the powers inside it, which doesn't seem like something resistance does.

They could overpower Sakura's own Negation. Then later on the 7 demons inside Ogami could act despite the school being covered with thick layers of Rare Kind blood. Kagerou could burn Lunch even without the full 7 flames. And there are probably other cases. But when did they learn to overpower the negation effect?

Hmm, power null seems a bit misleading. Maybe put those on the "Non physical interaction (Can burn fire, sound, explosions)"?

He realized it was an illusion, and did not give in to lust during it? What can i put it as, if not resistance?

Well, in the first scan i showed you, you can see Shibuya saying "the blue flame exceeds the Rare Kind's ability to eleminate special powers", yet the fire is not burning her. So she could not null it, but it was not burning her.

So memory manip instead of mind manip then?

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Firephoenixearl said:
They could overpower Sakura's own Negation. Then later on the 7 demons inside Ogami could act despite the school being covered with thick layers of Rare Kind blood. Kagerou could burn Lunch even without the full 7 flames. And there are probably other cases. But when did they learn to overpower the negation effect?
IIRC there was some training arc they did to not be killed by the angels?

The first scan you gave literally says "It's burning speed exceeds the rare kind's ability to eliminate special powers", which basically means the flame overpowers the ability instead of resisting it, no?

And Kagerou was one of the most powerful to start with, no?

Hmm, power null seems a bit misleading. Maybe put those on the "Non physical interaction (Can burn fire, sound, explosions)"?

Belphegor is powernull. But yeah, putting it as NPI for those three is fine.

He realized it was an illusion, and did not give in to lust during it? What can i put it as, if not resistance?

It's a feat of intelligence and willpower I guess? You could mention it in the intelligence section.

Well, in the first scan i showed you, you can see Shibuya saying "the blue flame exceeds the Rare Kind's ability to eleminate special powers", yet the fire is not burning her. So she could not null it, but it was not burning her.

Rare kind powers are proximity based IIRC. closer to them they are stronger. So her own flesh has probably stronger negation than just her touch. At least that's how I would make sense of it within the verses lore.

So memory manip instead of mind manip then?

I guess. He saw the memory as well, though, and showing memories is the weakest kind of memory manip in general. I would put that as just minor resistance.

It wasn't exactly training. They just got their "lifes" (since the angels were immortal) so they could kill him. Training or not, no one outside of 7 Flames users or Zed has been capable of affecting rare kinds.

Yet it is the only ability capable of doing so. Toki could absorb the entire magnetism of the earth but still couldn't affect rare kinds with magnetism. And in terms of feats Ogami's flame really isn't up there with Toki. So it's more just the 7 flames being special. Same as how Nothingness could absorb any power, but the 7 flames could just burn it regardless. The 7 flames just are special.

Nah. Kagerou is likely the weakest (i'd put Kagerou below the prime minister considering the P minister could control all 7 flames).

Ok i put all 3 as NPI.

Ok i'll mention it in the IQ section.

They're proximity based sure (they don't have a ton of range, the best feat is like dozens of meters at most), but i don't think there was ever anything like "the closer you are the stronger it gets". However even then it still wouldn't make sense considering she was hugging him. So her skin couldn't null it, but the same skin wasn't getting burned. It's not like it was a matter of range.

Ok then will do so.

Eh, might get back to the power negation part sometime when I felt like looking up the part I mean in the manga. You can add it for now.

IIRC the flame usually doesn't work when she touches its source (i.e. Ogami's hand), though. Basically their negation power in their own flesh in blood is stronger than the negation that is "transmitted" into someone elses body by touch. But I don't really want to get hung up on that. As said, resistance and passive contact based powernull are pretty much the same thing anyway, so whatever.

I will look over the offense ability stuff soon.

I mean all the non-resistances. So to get to those:

1. Lacks killing intent: I would say only sometimes. Like, here he clearly has killing intent.
  2. Information Analysis: Does being perceptive alone qualify for Info Analysis? Seems more like an intelligence feat to me.
  3. Pseudo-Gravity Manip: Spelling mistake: "hans". That aside, this sounds more like indirect air manip than anything with gravity.
  4. EE: I think the "burn to nothingness" of beelzebub is not literal. I think the flame just vaporizes things via its immense heat. The blue flames burn stuff, not erase them, not sure whether that qualifies as EE either.
  5. Summoning: Remind me, has Rei ever become able to summon emperor on command? If not that should be mentioned. Also, wasn't the power of the emperor Ogami has much more limited than the originals?

1. Hmm so "can remove killing intent" would be better?

2. I mean info analysis via skill is a thing. Besides its already explained so no big deal i guess.

3. Ok yeah, gonna put it on his air manip.

4. Ok but it when it regards the flames burning to nothin isn't anything new considering even the blue flame could burn people to nothingness. Besides EE via heat is not new in fiction. And considering he killed the girls who could regenerate from cells i'd say it's pretty safe to say physical EE

5. More like, the emperor is always there with him. Yeah it's far more limited.

1. "Can remove his killing intend", yes.

2. I mean, I guess. Though it kinda shouldn't be a thing, since anyone can analyze an opponent to come extent....

4. I disagree. vaporization is enough to overcome cell based Regenerationn. Also could the blue flame burn people to nothingness? It can throughly burn people, but how certain are you that nothing remains, instead of vaporized remains, ashes and stuff?

5. Yeah, but Ogami doesn't really control the emperor or anything right? That's worth mentioning.

Back