• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cloud of Darkness new key

This was a question I always had about CoD, about the possibility of a new key for it, as many should not know Cloud of Darkness is not simply an emissary, but The Void itself, in many games that it appears she always refers to herself as being the void itself or its supreme ruler, as in Brave exvius where it claims to be the void on two occasions: http://imgur.com/a/i9MWBii

And in FFXIV it is described as the most powerful entity of the void and supreme ruler, endowed with a power literally immeasurably stronger than any other within the void.

In wikia itself describes CoD as the embodiment of the concept void / nothing.

However as revealed in the book of Eorzea, void residents can not transgress the corporeal realm and manifest directly in the physical world, so CoD that we have seen in all games are just avatars, aspects of their true being. This is not so unusual considering that Exdeath mentions in Dissidia that that body was just an imitation he created using void.

I propose to add a new key to CoD (2-A), this will not escalate anyone just adding a new key.

Note: there is a mention also in FFXI but I could not find

It says she is "a void", not "The Void". It's not the same Void Exdeath wields. And her own is only 2 universes which is 2-C. I don't know much about FFXIV's lore, but I will say Everlasting has doubts about this. But based on the scans, it's once again not the same void as Exdeath. And instead it's a different void and doesn't change the fact that her best feat is still only 2-C.

There is only one void in the franchise, and in the phrase "a void" is just a way of speaking because in Japanese there is no plural they refer to void always as "Mu".

And yes it's 2-C in FFIII, but it's just an avatar

There are plenty of Voids in the series, it's just the Void from FFV is the special one and the only one that is 2-A. There are plenty of other Voids in the series that are weaker though. The ones in FFIII and FF IX are not 2-A. CoD in FFIII was not an avatar, but her true self.

only that we will have to downgrade in Exdeath because in his profile ta he is 2-A just because of an information in FF crystal chronicles and Void connects all games, using his reasoning Void FFV and Crystal's chronicles (if there is one) are not the same because there is no proof.

Cloud of Darkness was never stated to have any avatars so it cannot be assumed as such. The FFIII cast fighting her true self is the reason they're 2-C as opposed to 5-B scaling from Xande. Mu is the Japanese word for "Nothingness" which doesn't really mean anything and isn't quite referring to "The Void".

The FFIII cast outright enters the World of Darkness; her home and fights her true self. And once again, Cloud of Darkness won't be upgraded beyond 2-C.

the World of Darkness is not the home of Cloud of Darkness, it is a universe that plays against the World of Ligth and both must remain in balance, if the balance collapses the void devours the worlds, CoD was in the World of Darkness because she appears in the form of the imbalance, Warrios of darkness themselves have said that it has appeared in the past as a form of light imbalance ("Cloud of Light") but currently the imbalance is of darkness.

Screenshot 20190721-224947
Screenshot 20190721-225024

Yes, World of Light and World of Darkness are entire universes, but the feat is still 2-C.

Back