• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Close-Range Tourney Match 8: Saitama vs Shogun

This Saitama major feat is managing to break his limiter, in the OPM verse this a literal cap to a beings power, through effort and willpower alone even when doing so nearly killed him.

This means that Saitama's stamina and pain tolerance is tremendous.

The important part about this key is his AD, which triggers through battle when he is being pushed to his limits or through strong emotions. This Saitama one shotted and blitzed a monster that was stomping him a few moments ago and later on could reach Relativistic speeds because he tried really hard to see the back of his head in a mirror.

He is pretty straightforward in battle so he usually starts by lunging at his enemies.

He is pretty straightforward in battle so he usually starts by lunging at his enemies.
so they have the same strategy lol. The Shogun will start with a lunge forward with their sword, dodging in and out of combat to avoid attacks. After a few seconds of melee, they will try for their hurricane slash.
This is a video of them fighting
could you put one of training saitama?
The important part about this key is his AD, which triggers through battle when he is being pushed to his limits or through strong emotions. This Saitama one shotted and blitzed a monster that was stomping him a few moments ago and later on could reach Relativistic speeds because he tried really hard to see the back of his head in a mirror.
How quick does the AD kick in? is it when he gets slightly overwhelmed or when he's about to die? and how fast is he normally? The Shogun can cut bullets out of the air and scales to units that can dodge tank shells. On saitama's profile it says that he reacted to a truck, how fast was it going?
This Saitama major feat is managing to break his limiter, in the OPM verse this a literal cap to a beings power, through effort and willpower alone even when doing so nearly killed him.

This means that Saitama's stamina and pain tolerance is tremendous.
how does that translate to battle? cus he doesn't have pain tolerance on his profile. TABS units don't really react to attacks with pain other than closing their eyes for a second.

so they have the same strategy lol. The Shogun will start with a lunge forward with their sword. After a few seconds of melee, they will try for their hurricane slash.
This is a video of them fighting
could you put one of training saitama?
Sure, here
How quick does the AD kick in? is it when he gets slightly overwhelmed or when he's about to die? and how fast is he normally? The Shogun can cut bullets out of the air and scales to units that can dodge tank shells. On saitama's profile it says that he reacted to a truck, how fast was it going?
It kicks in when Saitama is at his limits or when he is feeling strong emotions (which are either the result of reaching his limits or the excitement of a battle in general). It has even kicked in by Saitama just trying really hard to do something.

Also in an OVA against a monster he was having trouble against he powered up the moment he learned about a reward for his capture.
how does that translate to battle? cus he doesn't have pain tolerance on his profile. TABS units don't really react to attacks with pain other than closing their eyes for a second.
He does though, he has resistance to pain manipulation on his profile. In any case, he has shown pretty high resistance to pain considering that as a child he survived being slammed into a wall by Piggy Bancon a wolf level monster that was able to incapacitate several police officers. As an adult he tanked blows from Crablante and killed him, defeated Octopus Claw Man even after being severely injured and against Lightpull Cord who beat the shit out of him, when his AD kicked in he got up like nothing happened and one punched him.

He does though, he has resistance to pain manipulation on his profile.
dont mind me im stupid and blind to resistance tabs
that is just a picture of him going to punch, is that all he does even is his training key? If he just goes for straight melee the Shogun should be fine given he leaps away from other melee attacks.
It kicks in when Saitama is at his limits or when he is feeling strong emotions (which are either the result of reaching his limits or the excitement of a battle in general). It has even kicked in by Saitama just trying really hard to do something.

Also in an OVA against a monster he was having trouble against he powered up the moment he learned about a reward for his capture.

so it should kick in fairly quickly then, the Shogun attacks pretty fast and might be able to overwhelm him.
In any case, he has shown pretty high resistance to pain considering that as a child he survived being slammed into a wall by Piggy Bancon a wolf level monster that was able to incapacitate several police officers. As an adult he tanked blows from Crablante and killed him, defeated Octopus Claw Man even after being severely injured and against Lightpull Cord who beat the shit out of him, when his AD kicked in he got up like nothing happened and one punched him.
So the sword would cut him it looks like, but he could still fight. Though if the has injured from slaming into a wall the Hurricane slash would do major damage.

overall it looks like the Shogun is lighter on their feet in battle compared to saitama. their quick dodges should buy enough time to try the slash, which depending on how strong saitama is without the AD might be able to put him down

That is just a picture of him going to punch, is that all he does even is his training key? If he just goes for straight melee the Shogun should be fine given he leaps away from other melee attacks.
Yeah that's kinda his thing, he doesn't do it mindlessly though.
so it should kick in fairly quickly then, the Shogun attacks pretty fast and might be able to overwhelm him.

So the sword would cut him it looks like, but he could still fight. Though if the has injured from slaming into a wall the Hurricane slash would do major damage.

overall it looks like the Shogun is lighter on their feet in battle compared to saitama. their quick dodges should buy enough time to try the slash, which depending on how strong saitama is without the AD might be able to put him down
Speed wise in training Saitama only speed feat is saving a child from a moving car which was calculated to be mach 3.5 and agility wise I think he is actually kinda skilled not anything crazy though. Anyhow, Saitama without his AD is mainly a brawler with massive endurance and stamina, Shogun only wincon here is one shotting Saitama, which I don't think he can do, the damage Saitama would take accompanied by the strong emotions of being cut with the pain it brings would trigger Saitama's AD and once that happens, it's over.

He does though, he has resistance to pain manipulation on his profile. In any case, he has shown pretty high resistance to pain considering that as a child he survived being slammed into a wall by Piggy Bancon a wolf level monster that was able to incapacitate several police officers. As an adult he tanked blows from Crablante and killed him,
That is more of a durability feat though everything below it can work. Usually though they just put in stamina

Also yeah, Shogun can't one-shot. It's explained in their profile that their blades only take away 15% of maximum health

Please notify me when you set up a thread with a character I submitted for the tourney. I want to at least try to defend my character before it ends.

Ok maybe I was using a bit too much hyperbole.

I assume Saitama's pain tolerance beats Hurricane Slash's stun, but for argument's sake, what does Saitama have against basic sword slashes with a 3x AP advantage.

Can anyone remind me which monsters has Saitama defeated so far, aside from Crablante? (Which is already impressive)

Can anyone remind me which monsters has Saitama defeated so far, aside from Crablante? (Which is already impressive)
Crablante, Personification of a Light Pull Cord, two monsters in the Road to Hero OVA and Octopus Claw Man and likely many more but they weren't shown.

Ok maybe I was using a bit too much hyperbole.

I assume Saitama's pain tolerance beats Hurricane Slash's stun, but for argument's sake, what does Saitama have against basic sword slashes with a 3x AP advantage.
It's more that he's gonna get an AP at some point if he takes too much damage.

Is the paralysis effect from the slash pain induced? If Yes, Saitama kinda wins through AD of stomping someone who was previously stomping him.

If not, I feel like Shogun wins because of durability negation which is surprisingly not discussed too much.

Also this AP feels more like RE

If AD requires damage to happen that's gonna be an issue.

I'm gonna vote Shogun. I'm not sure if the previous votes on the FRA train are on solid ground.

Back