• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Close-Range Tourney Round 2, Match 2: Gaius Julius Caesar vs Saitama

Gaius Julius Caesar vs Saitama
  • 5 meters apart, Speeds equalized, standard equipment given
  • During-Training Saitama is used
  • Ranged equipment is restricted if there are any
  • SBA otherwise
0.005 tons versus 0.003 tons

A period of one week will be given for debate. After 7 days, if this match has not been concluded, the one with the most votes will advance. If it is inconclusive or equal votes by then, a coin toss will be called by either one who submitted the characters in their respective matches.

This time I do think Julius is too much for this Saitama to handle. While the shogun sat on a relatively realistic ground, with not that many supernatural stuff going on, Julius just outclasses in terms of versatily, skill and anime shenanigans in general.

Unless Saitama's AD kicks in quick and enough to make him stop Julius, I don't see how he could win.

Let me just post the scans from the last match:

Here's Julius demonstrating his proficiency with the weapons he wields on the example of a longsword.

Then we have him use various blades

And when up against a strong opponent he will use even more varied stuff.

Generally, I think Saitama's AD getting him to the point of having a significant advantage against a baseline 9-A is a tall ask. To that comes that Caesar is far more skilled and has the advantage of weapons with greater reach. And hand-to-hand combatant will just always do bad against a skilled spear user, since he can't get into punching distance.

Man I just noticed this

While I agree that Cesar outskills, this is a question of wheter or not he can kill Saitama before his AD kicks in. The increase of stats of his AD is not only his AP but speed and durability as well, against Light Pull Cord as I pointed out before, he went from being stomped by the monster to standing up undamaged and just blitzing and one shotting him.

Something similar happened against the Perv monster in the Road to Hero OVA, the perv monster was pinning him down with a whip from distance but Saitama disposed of him inmediatly once he learned of the reward for his capture.

The AD is also triggered by Saitama's own emotions, even something as mundane as him trying really hard to see the back of his head in a mirror resulted in him nearly reaching the speed of light. So if he wants to beat Cesar and is pissed off, he will speed up considerably.

Also the difference in AP isn't that high, like this Saitama is almost baseline 9-A as well so if his punches start to land once his AD kicks in they will do serious damage.

I don't think they will do that serious damage, with Caesars initial tier advantage and armor. Caesar also has held himself against stat wise far superior opponents via his skill and variety at that... and those opponents were even still vastly more skilled than Saitama.

And yeah, Saitama is very outclassed at the beginning and will probably just get a sword or spear pierced through his throat before he begins developing anything.

Because
a) if we did it would be a blitz
b) the tournament rules say fights are speed equal

So at the end of the day saitama wins

But well, via the Scans, Julius like to torture and show his skills to the opponents. So the fight will not be so short

At the end of the day this is speed equal 🗿

He really doesn't tend to torture his opponent at all. He's no ******. I'm not sure why you get that impression. The reason the girl in the scans survives is because she is the reincarnation of Miyamoto Musashi and inherited his skill as one of the greatest swordsmen in history, in addition to being a superhuman capable of taking lots of punishment.
The dude literally stabbed another master swordsman straight through the chest just before that fight. He doesn't play around. (and that were his former camarades, not just a random dude)

Try mangabat. Otherwise, try searching for the japanese title "Reincarnation no Kaben"

If Julius is prone to finish the battle quickly, then I'd say he's got most of the chances to win.
It's also difficult to quantify Saitama's increase in power, but as they are kinda close, I guess it'd be a considerable boost.

This time I do think Julius is too much for this Saitama to handle. While the shogun sat on a relatively realistic ground, with not that many supernatural stuff going on, Julius just outclasses in terms of versatily, skill and anime shenanigans in general.

Unless Saitama's AD kicks in quick and enough to make him stop Julius, I don't see how he could win.
At the end of the day this is speed equal 🗿

He really doesn't tend to torture his opponent at all. He's no ******. I'm not sure why you get that impression. The reason the girl in the scans survives is because she is the reincarnation of Miyamoto Musashi and inherited his skill as one of the greatest swordsmen in history, in addition to being a superhuman capable of taking lots of punishment.
The dude literally stabbed another master swordsman straight through the chest just before that fight. He doesn't play around. (and that were his former camarades, not just a random dude)
If Julius is prone to finish the battle quickly, then I'd say he's got most of the chances to win.
It's also difficult to quantify Saitama's increase in power, but as they are kinda close, I guess it'd be a considerable boost.
Caesar FRA

I guess that's fair, if he doesn't mess around and goes for an instant kill not a lot Saitama can do here.

Caesar's the betraying type. Last I read of the series he didn't really hold back and got to making the enemy go "Et tu Caesar"

Also sharp weapons have a bit more advantage against Saitama in this mode. Gonna vote ma boi Julius here.

That should be 7 votes for Caesar, so this could be added. (after grace)

Back