• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clef's Revision Thread (A Tier 8 kills a Tier 1, Wowsers)

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So, Clef's resistances and capabilities are constantly thrown into question, namely due to the fact its always implied part of what he says is lying, as well as several tales and stories that outright contradict each other regarding him, with some actually placing him within the resistance range of 1-Bs, even going as far as to say that he could kill one "with a stick".

The purpose of this thread is to determine what is the generally accepted canon for Clef, and to distinguish the one-offs and outliers so we can have him fight Mr. Mxy get a good grip on his abilities.

Distinguished Clef Tales and Scips:

• SCP-239 and Incident 239 (Clef uses the weather dice, superball, 1-B dura negging sword. Fights and scales off of Kondraki)
  • SCP-531-D, SCP-166, and Termination_Order (Explicitly states his resistances, which includes a truckload of hax, although some of the statements are dubious)
  • The "Unfinished Business " tale series (Clef finally kills the witch child with his buddy 343, uses the Atomic Revolver to give people cancer)
  • Chowderclef
Tales of Intrest:

• A Suicide Note (Straight up says Clef not only resists 239's hax, but he can straight up kill her without any telekill. He also resists anything that would be considered "anomalous", and states that he can't even be noticed by anomalous individuals (Such as being immune to BFR, Warping, Memes/Antimemes, etc.) Also implies 239 can negate Clef's resistances with time)
  • lolfoundation Canon (Implies Clef has some sort of Toonforce or Reality Warping + Insanity)
  • Metafiction (Fourth Wall Awareness)
  • SCP-2783
Many others as well. This is just the major stuff.

Please feel free to bring tales that line up with his general canon, as well as discuss wheather or not his tales of intrest actually apply to him.

Thanks.

Clef is.... very inconsistent.

I mean, it's only a matter of time where we find a tale where he somehow gets a power that's able to put down the ******* lizard. And then it turns out it's in an alternate cano

The way I see it, it's either we composite his profile, or we pull a Marvel/DC Comics and find the consistent middle ground.

Considering the latter has been used for most SCP profiles, I think that's the best.

Also haven't had had a chance to check but is clef's ability to manipulate how his face looks included on his profile?

He can't do it physically, unless I'm mistaken. It's under Information Manipulation, as it automatically alters digital images of him.

He does do it physically, its why 682 couldn't perceive him properly when they threw Clef into 682s cell

Did it say it was related to his face-masking ability?

"A. Clef's true face cannot be clearly photographed by any known means (see above), but appears to have a sizable nose and a large grin resembling that of Felis cheshiricus, the only known specimen of which was captured by [DATA EXPUNGED] during Operation Liddell. It has one green eye, one blue eye, and one hazel eye, both of which appear to have pupils which absorb all light falling upon it."

It seems specific to photography/video here, although his actual face does seem nonhuman.

Chowderclef key when?

I'll work through those pages tagged as doctor-clef and try to pull out anything interesting.

Just to clarify, the current clef profile is entirely based on "Distinguished Clef Tales and Scips", so anything outside of those that clearly lines with those tales/canon should be added to the profile after posting a link here and waiting for Weekly or another admin's approval.

I've gone through around two dozen pages tagged with Dr. Clef. Most were pretty featless as far as Clef goes, some didn't even include him despite being tagged with him.

The interesting ones of the ones I've read are A Suicide Note, only invisible to some anomalous beings (since we don't know the criteria this is inapplicable), can't use anomalous tools (only important if someone tries to give him foundation tech for a battle), and most importantly the reality warping resistance. And Mary Sue Who?, again solidifying resistance to reality warp, this time with some specific resistance to mind manip thrown in.

I also found this tale with a lot of interesting feats, but none are applicable to Clef. I'm currently working my way through the Resurrection cano to see if there's anything interesting in there.

I've finished reading through every tale that isn't obviously non-canon (project crossover, lolfoundation) or part of another SCP (supplemental documentation for them). Apart from what I've noted above there's..

The Liar's Confessio mentions multiplane reality, and imo seems to imply precog, but it's the only mention of clef having that, it's only +30, and there are tons of anti-feats against that.

No Joke says that Clef got his anomaly resistance from the GOC, contradicting A Suicide Note (if that wasn't already inconsistent enough)

Termination_Order has Clef claiming that he's a reality bender who uses his powers to counter others, but the other person calls bullshit and Clef drops the topic.

The Great Site-87 Bakesale has Clef as a full-on type green who takes medication to suppress it. However this is part of the S&C Plastics canon, and I'm not too sure about it's canonicity.

Nothing much else of note besides Clef being a GOC title passed from person to perso and a lot more Chowderclef and dick-in-bottle-Kondraki than I expected.

So, I think it's good as-is to say that he generally resists warping. To what extend I think is debateable by a lot, but with Telekill it's pretty straightforward that he resists it from 239.

Might want to remove power null from his profile, as that's only really mentioned in one of his tales, and it's implied he was joking.

Honestly, I think the tales brought up don't really adhere to the classic Clef canon as it stands, but they do reinforce and even weaken certain parts of his profile.

TL; DR: Clef resists high level reality warping and other hax. To what extend isn't specified, although he sort of resists it from 239 without telekill in regards to him recognizing it happening. He shouldn't have power null or reality warping as those aren't supported in most tales.

Bump.

Do any changes need to be made by this? Or are we just pointing people here when they ask how strong Clef's reality warper resistance is?

Actually, I think the only revision made from this is that Clef doesn't nullify reality warping, he just resists it and the effects of it, so I'll remove that from the profile.

And yeah, I'd point people here in Clef matches where it's unclear how strong his resistnaces are.

That sounds accurate, actually. I'll edit that into the profile.

I was under the impression that this was only made possible due to the aid of 343, or the others using an inexperienced 239 who probably didn't have full reign over her powers, but you guys are more knowledgeable on this then me. If this is legit, feel free to give him a 1B reality warp resist lol

The 1B reality warp resist is only with telekill. It was used in containment of 239 because it nullifies/resists her reality warping powers.

Wokistan said:
I was under the impression that this was only made possible due to the aid of 343, or the others using an inexperienced 239 who probably didn't have full reign over her powers, but you guys are more knowledgeable on this then me. If this is legit, feel free to give him a 1B reality warp resist lol
He was aware of what she was doing even in Incident 239, and her unconcious reality warping took time before it comepletely took him over in that story.

"To all personnel: secure SCP-239 immediately, and put Site 17 into high alert. You need to stop me, or someone is going to die.

About twenty-four hours ago, I was filled with the sudden compulsion to kill SCP-239. It started as a simple thought, but the obsession is growing stronger. I have reason to believe that my plan may have failed. Damn… I should have known she would misconstrue my talk about "severe punishments." Kids are smarter than that, but dumber too… damn it! Stupid of me! How could I be so blind?"

Paired with it being confirmed in other tales that he outright resists it. He's also unaffected by other scips who have mindhax/empathic hax, such as 166.

3 month bump

i never did listen to orders, so.

Clef states in his suicide note that the telekill stuff was bullshit; in his hands he could've killed her with a sharp stick. And his hands only; a normal person would need telekill. But clef is a reality shifter himself. That's why he says he could bypass 239's power so heavily that he could kill her even with a sharply pointed stick

Yet the actual page for 239 states that nothing can pierce her skin except for telekill.

Neither, I suppose we just point out this thread if someone asks about Clef's resistances.

Agnaa said:
Yet the actual page for 239 states that nothing can pierce her skin except for telekill.
except those were done by uh

the cattle as we like to call them

d class

d orange people

http://www.scp-wiki.net/termination-order Here Clef says after killing a reality shifter who was stated to have a limitless number of abilities that he was one of them.

It's more than just a resistance to reality warping; he warps reality himself.

That is obviously him ******* with the other person, and the other dude calls him out on his bullshit right after he says it.

Even if it wasn't just Clef ******* with the guy, him being a reality shifter is completely and wholly rejected in his other tales.

Him being able to kill 239 without telekill is pure speculation on his part, he's never stabbed 239 with anything, and is just a statement, a statement of 1-B power nonetheless, way above anything he usually shows.

Back