• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Claw Meets Blade (A Battle Between 2 of the Most Broken 3Ds)

Rocker1189 said:
> if this goes through than shrike should stomp.
That is what you said. Views future and past of a being that is literally outside of time...
being outside of time wouldnt mean hes acasual, since outside doesnt mean beyond.

WeeklyBattles said:
Cool, he oneshots and then Noc comes back due to type 8 immortality
what is stopping the MUI from erasing all infinite universes so no one would have nightmares?

Hykuu said:
what is stopping the MUI from erasing all infinite universes so no one would have nightmares?
Even if you destroy all the universes you are not destroying their concept. The concept of nightmares still exist.

WeeklyBattles said:
Hykuu said:
Destroying the universe =/= destroying the concept of nightmares
how would the concept still exist if no one would have nightmares? its called a chain reaction. its like death existing without there being any living being.

Concepts don't really work like that, unless explicitly stated to in verse. We don't consider it as schrodinger's concept here, it still is around even if there is nobody to observe it. The concept of death exists without life, but would never be invoked.

Wokistan said:
Concepts don't really work like that, unless explicitly stated to in verse. We don't consider it as schrodinger's concept here, it still is around even if there is nobody to observe it. The concept of death exists without life, but would never be invoked.
basing off what though, if there is no other side to the duality then the other concept wouldnt have any purpose i.e it would potentially cease to exist. if every possible being who can have nightmares gets destroyed there would be nothing keeping the concept of existing, since the totality of the term "nightmares" would be completely destroyed

Why would it just stop exist if it's meaningless? Maybe some fiction does that, but that is not the default assumption. Conceptual immortality in tier 2 and beyond wouldn't be such a big deal if that's how it was.

Hykuu said:
basing off what though, if there is no other side to the duality then the other concept wouldnt have any purpose i.e it would potentially cease to exist. if every possible being who can have nightmares gets destroyed there would be nothing keeping the concept of existing, since the totality of the term "nightmares" would be completely destroyed
But it would not the concept has only been destroyed if when a person is created they can never have nightmares. Infact nightmares would not be able to be concieved that is what destroying a concept is.

Rocker1189 said:
Hykuu said:
i have shredded you every time.
And you have not that is your opinion lol. Sorry I can not take someone who thinks of their opinion over an argument as shredding the other person seriously.
its not a opinion when you all you did was repeat yourself a thousand times without adjusting to the points where would debunk your perspective, i didnt say i shredded you because am arguing for the better side though. i think you are just turning really desperate at this point

I am an existentialist, therefore some people just don't exist because they haven't found meaning in their lives /s

Hykuu said:
its not a opinion when you all you did was repeat yourself a thousand times without adjusting to the points where would debunk your perspective, i didnt say i shredded you because am arguing for the better side though. i think you are just turning really desperate at this point
shrug.. I really dont care what you have to say with your ad hominems at this point.

Rocker1189 said:
Hykuu said:
But it would not the concept has only been destroyed if when a person is created they can never have nightmares. Infact nightmares would not be able to be concieved that is what destroying a concept is.
the idea of regenrating from the concept of nightmares when there is no one to have nightmares isnt coherent, do you really think it?

If its regenerating directly from the concept itself, there's not really anything wrong with that. Unless the verse treats concepts as being reliant on believers, which to be fair I've seen fictions do, we don't assume you can get rid of concepts like that.

Hykuu said:
the idea of regenrating from the concept of nightmares when there is no one to have nightmares isnt coherent, do you really think it?
No it is really not because the concept still exists. He does not revive from people having night mares he revives from the concept of night mares.

Rocker1189 said:
Hykuu said:
shrug.. I really dont care what you have to say with your ad hominems at this point.
responding to your argument in a semi aggersive manner isnt ad hominen, what the hell

you are wrong because you are stupid is a ad hominem

you are wrong and you are stupid isnt.

Hykuu said:
responding to your argument in a semi aggersive manner isnt ad hominen, what the hell

you are wrong because you are stupid is a ad hominem

you are wrong and you are stupid isnt.
Whatever dude. We just wait for the votes at this point nothing more to say.

Wokistan said:
I am an existentialist, therefore some people just don't exist because they haven't found meaning in their lives /s
what will the concept live of off

It technically not being an ad hominem doesn't make it any better. The exact term is semantics, either way you insulted him for no real reason over a debate about fictional characters. I'd advise calming down, and dropping the attitude. This sort of thing usually leads into ban worthy behavior, from what I've seen on these threads. Just give yourself a couple of minutes.

Wokistan said:
If its regenerating directly from the concept itself, there's not really anything wrong with that. Unless the verse treats concepts as being reliant on believers, which to be fair I've seen fictions do, we don't assume you can get rid of concepts like that.
isnt that sort of how it functions in LoL? I think i saw something like that

It doesn't need to live off of anything because we do not treat every concept as if it works like the Chaos Gods unless it's shown to be that way.

No, its not, they regenerate from the concepts themselves as the characters who do so are physical manifestations of their respective concepts

Also, is it really in character to erase on such a wide scale just to get rid of one dude because your robot won't beat it? Seems like the MUI likely has better things to do.

Hykuu said:
it cant feed on the whole of totality when the "concept" is based off a aspect of it, also why cant he just destroy reality then?
Because their feats have never been on the level of destroying all of reality? Unless you are saying they are..

Even the chaos god example is flawed. The emprah tried to vehemently suppress any and all knowledge to prevent their empowerment, and the Chaos Gods grew in power regardless. These sorts of things don't need to sustain themselves off of anything. It's on you to prove that concepts in LoL can be destroyed by removing all life.

Wokistan said:
It doesn't need to live off of anything because we do not treat every concept as if it works like the Chaos Gods unless it's shown to be that way.
i mean, it has worked like that in many fictional verses i think its basically the "common" thing

look at marvel,DC,wh40k,tokyo babel, etc

like if everyone is immortal, death as a concept wont have any reason to exist, it would cease to exist overall. am not saying "if no one believes in a concept its gone", i am saying that if there is no reason for a concept to exist it wouldnt

We do not assume that's the default, and that's not even entirely correct in the cases of DC and Warhammer. Not knowledgeable enough on the other verses to comment on those.

Back