• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Classic Sonic a differnt dimension or a timeline split.

Ok so this is going to be pretty long so be prepared. So as the title suggest this is going to be about if Classic Sonic is really from a different dimension, or if the Sonic timeline split after Sonic Generations. Im going to be honest from the start i've always hated that Tails said that CS is from another dimension instead of saying he's the Sonic from the past. I think what would've been CS's future was altered because of the whole time thing in Generations and caused a timeline split and what CS would've expirenced leading to the advneture games then leading to him being Modern Sonic won't or atleast will happen differently. Now I dont have so much proof for this but Eggman was trying to erase the times Sonic won against him in Generations and using time to do so, and up until Sonic Force's CS was referred to as a past version of Sonic so what if since CS knew somewhat about the future when he returned to the past he might've done some things differently then Modern Sonic did back when he was CS's age whether it be accidental or intentionally thus causing like I said a timeline split. I think time in the Sonic Universe(Game canon) works like time in the Dragon Ball universe where essentianally you can go back in time and change all you want but all you'd do is just make a different timeline where pretty much everything after the time interference will be different and your timeline will stay the same. I want to know your guys take on this and whether you think Classic Sonic is from another dimension or if the timeline just split after Sonic Generations.(Also ignore the grammatical mistakes i'm not good at grammar)

I think the timelines split after Generations. There's no reason to assume Forces retconned an important story element from Generations when there's a perfectly logical way for them to both be true. Time and space travel are almost always stated to go hand-in-hand in the Sonic universe anyway

Back