• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clarifications on Bayonetta’s ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is somewhat of a strawman. It’s not that we don’t see him preform it, it’s that he doesn’t. It only comes through environmental destruction. If he’s stronger than the rest of them, and he needs a chain reaction for a level of that scale, then, it can’t really work for him to scale to other feats that are directly at that level.
I believe what they are saying is that, if other villains in the series have Low 1-C feats, and Singularity is confirmed to be physically stronger than those villains, Singularity would have to be at least Low 1-C as well. This is a valid deductive argument - if x is equal to y, and z is higher than x, then z must be higher than y.

The main, obvious issue is what exactly these Low 1-C feats are. I'm afraid I don't know what these feats are, or why they are Low 1-C.

The Trinity refers to the verses cosmology in its entirety, why would this not effect Ginnungagap?
Answering a question with a question doesn’t exactly answer my point. Ginnungagap is very clearly conventionally outside the World of Chaos, or else there would be no reason to travel to Thule, for the sake of a portal of reaching it to get to other worlds. It’s description even says it encompasses the multiverse.

It’s essentially like a drawing, do you consider the white part of the drawing? No, but it still encapsulates the totality of the drawing in it’s entirety.

I believe what they are saying is that, if other villains in the series have Low 1-C feats, and Singularity is confirmed to be physically stronger than those villains, Singularity would have to be at least Low 1-C as well. This is a valid deductive argument - if x is equal to y, and z is higher than x, then z must be higher than y.

The main, obvious issue is what exactly these Low 1-C feats are. I'm afraid I don't know what these feats are, or why they are Low 1-C.
Aye, neither do I, but I feel I may have an idea, so I’ll wait for them to inform me.

Singularity fought and killed the Bayonettas from Bayonetta 1 (who fought and beat Right Eye Jubileus) and 2 (who fought and killed Right Eye Jubileus and Aesir), as well as being able to match a fusion comprised of Bayonettas from Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3. Even without a direct statement of him being the strongest he has feats that prove he is.

Even without a direct statement of him being the strongest he has feats that prove he is.
That's not my contention. I don't have an issue with saying Singularity is the strongest villain. I just don't know what feats the other villains have, or why they would be Low 1-C.

Answering a question with a question doesn’t exactly answer my point. Ginnungagap is very clearly conventionally outside the World of Chaos, or else there would be no reason to travel to Thule, for the sake of a portal of reaching it to get to other worlds. It’s description even says it encompasses the multiverse.

It’s essentially like a drawing, do you consider the white part of the drawing? No, but it still encapsulates the totality of the drawing in it’s entirety.
Yes I hold no disagreement that Ginn is outside the world of Chaos, but Ginn does not have any proof of encompassing the other realms in the trinity (paradiso and inferno) and is a structure in the larger trinity as a whole. If Ginn is the white, the Trinity is the sheet of paper itself.

I don’t have extensive enough certainty on the cosmology to continue further than this but comic said she planned to address this thread in her staff thread regardless

That's not my contention. I don't have an issue with saying Singularity is the strongest villain. I just don't know what feats the other villains have, or why they would be Low 1-C.
Both Jubileus and Aesir had the power to outright destroy the Trinity of Realities, including the Ginnugagap, which is 5-D, as well as Inferno and Paradiso, which are 5-D on the same scope as Ginnugagap.

Put simply, The Trinity is comprised of Inferno, Paradiso, and Chaos, all of which are equal in scope, with Chaos being split into an infinite multiverse rather than being a singular realm, which is then contained within Ginnugagap. Jubileus and Aesir had the power to destroy and recreate the entire Trinity at will, as well as being at the epicenter of the First Armageddon that split reality into the Trinity in the first place.

Wait, you are implying you don't know the feats?
No, I don’t know what Weekly is going to say until he does, and I don’t plan on assuming and making an ass of myself, hence me saying I have an idea. Seems pretty reasonable, I feel.

Yes I hold no disagreement that Ginn is outside the world of Chaos, but Ginn does not have any proof of encompassing the other realms in the trinity (paradiso and inferno) and is a structure in the larger trinity as a whole. If Ginn is the white, the Trinity is the sheet of paper itself.
I don’t recall saying anything about Ginnungagap in relation with the Trinity. I said it’s outside of Chaos, and encompasses it, that’s all. Also, this analogy doesn’t work, since the white is the paper, lol.

Both Jubileus and Aesir had the power to outright destroy the Trinity of Realities, including the Ginnugagap, which is 5-D, as well as Inferno and Paradiso, which are 5-D on the same scope as Ginnugagap.
Can you show me where it’s stated they would destroy Ginnungagap as well? Alongside why Inferno and Paradiso would be 5-D?

Put simply, The Trinity is comprised of Inferno, Paradiso, and Chaos, all of which are equal in scope,
This isn’t true, as per Bayonetta 3.

It has caused the erasure of various realms across the Trinity of Realities to unify the realm of chaos — which has been weakened by its splitting into countless fractions — into a single reality.

They cannot be equal, given the World of Chaos is explicitly stated to be weakened.

No, I don’t know what Weekly is going to say until he does, and I don’t plan on assuming and making an ass of myself, hence me saying I have an idea. Seems pretty reasonable, I feel.
Understood! I apologize if I have been a nuisance. My intention is to avoid any misinterpretations in our communication.

I don’t recall saying anything about Ginnungagap in relation with the Trinity. I said it’s outside of Chaos, and encompasses it, that’s all.
What I’m saying is that yes, Ginn encompasses the WoC, but there is no existing information for us to believe that it would encompass the other realms of the Trinity, thus meaning they would exist independently. This would make ginn a structure surrounding the WoC but still within the Trinity of Realities at large.
Also, this analogy doesn’t work, since the white is the paper, lol.
Ummmm ackshully the white on the paper is just the entirety of the visual spectrum being reflected onto your eyes.

What I’m saying is that yes, Ginn encompasses the WoC, but there is no existing information for us to believe that it would encompass the other realms of the Trinity, thus meaning they would exist independently.
I agree.

This would make ginn a structure surrounding the WoC but still within the Trinity of Realities at large.
Not particularly, no, it would just be around, and above the WoC, as a quite literal higher-dimensional plane of existence. That’s entire point of it being Low 1-C, by the way. It’s infinitely bigger than the standard space-time, and its displaced space is where the WoC sits. Chaos is part of the Trinity, Ginunungagap is not.

Can you show me where it’s stated they would destroy Ginnungagap as well? Alongside why Inferno and Paradiso would be 5-D?
Ginnungagap is part of the Chaos, its literally the space between the multiverses and the thing that contains all of the infinite universes, as well as things like Purgatorio (the infinite number of parallel universes that mirror each of the normal universes) and Muspelheim (A realm of infinite size).
This isn’t true, as per Bayonetta 3.

They cannot be equal, given the World of Chaos is explicitly stated to be weakened.
The World of Chaos was considered weakened because it was split up into an infinite number of smaller universes, the realm itself was not made weaker than the other two otherwise reality itself would have destabilized. Even small shifts in the balance of the Trinity can have massive effects on reality, as per the entire plot of Bayonetta 2.

Not particularly, no, it would just be around, and above the WoC, as a quite literal higher-dimensional plane of existence. That’s entire point of it being Low 1-C, by the way. It’s infinitely bigger than the standard space-time, and its displaced space is where the WoC sits. Chaos is part of the Trinity, Ginunungagap is not.
Ginunungagap is Chaos, it is part of the Trinity.

This is somewhat of a strawman. It’s not that we don’t see him preform it, it’s that he doesn’t. It only comes through environmental destruction. If he’s stronger than the rest of them, and he needs a chain reaction for a level of that scale, then, it can’t really work for him to scale to other feats that are directly at that level.
"Doesn't seem to" isn't the meat of my point, I say before anyway that "Singularity doesn't need to perform Low 1-C feats himself". Anyway, what suggests that Singularity needs a chain reaction for a feat of that level? That's another thing, there isn't really anything that 'hard' limits Singularity's strength level to just the Multiverse.

Ginnungagap is part of the Chaos, its literally the space between the multiverses and the thing that contains all of the infinite universes, as well as things like Purgatorio (the infinite number of parallel universes that mirror each of the normal universes).
Ginunungagap is Chaos, it is part of the Trinity.
Again, the white of a paper isn’t considered part of a drawing. Same case here. Also, to reiterate a comment I made on a previous thread:

Take note of the usage of “countless fractions”, and “unify the realm of chaos — into a single reality”. This is, verbatim, the exact synopsis Rodin supposed Singularity was doing. Note, again, the word “unify” (統合) is there.

Singularity has explicitly stated to become one with the Chaotic Energy of the multiverse, which would objectively puts his HDE at only a 4-D level. Singularity Chaos, again, explicitly absorbed the energy from the parallel universes of the multiverse, which brings his attack power to the limit. It mentions he’s swollen due to the power of the World of Chaos, which, again, is synonymously used, unless you’re asserting Singularity is gaining two sources of power. The Realm of Chaos was split into countless fractions -> The Chaos World is a multi-layered structure, with countless universes -> Singularity seeks to unify the Realm of Chaos -> Rodin says correcting the multiverse by unifying them. Singularity Chaos is amped by the Chaos Energy of the Multiverse -> Singularity Definition became one with the Chaotic Energy of the Multiverse. By the transitive property, The Realm of Chaos = The Multiverse.

Note, both Singularity Chaos & Definition claim they only got power from the parallel worlds, at no time is it ever stated that they were even further amplified by Ginunungagap. If Ginnungagap truly was part of Chaos, why waste your time destroying & absorbing literally infinitesimally smaller portions of power, instead of the infinitely bigger one, then nuking the Trinity over all? It doesn’t make sense to assume it, in any context. Why isn’t it ever stated that he got Chaotic energy from Ginnungagap? It’s because he didn’t.

The World of Chaos was considered weakened because it was split up into an infinite number of smaller universes, the realm itself was not made weaker than the other two otherwise reality itself would have destabilized. Even small shifts in the balance of the Trinity can have massive effects on reality, as per the entire plot of Bayonetta 2.
That’s a contradiction, the statement itself, verbatim, says that Chaos was weakened. There’s no real other way to interpret that. And as for the events of Bayonetta 2, they also don’t make sense. Paradiso is reportedly 1000x bigger than Chaos, an infinite multiverse, is that not an imbalance by nature?

"Doesn't seem to" isn't the meat of my point, I say before anyway that "Singularity doesn't need to perform Low 1-C feats himself". Anyway, what suggests that Singularity needs a chain reaction for a feat of that level? That's another thing, there isn't really anything that 'hard' limits Singularity's strength level to just the Multiverse.
Because he never actively targets Ginnungagap, and it only falls because of the fact that he’s going around erasing universes. I don’t have any reason to assume he can outright destroy Ginnungagap without the erasure of other universes.

Milly, for someone who claims to know nothing about the verse youre really making a lot of outlandish assumptions and just outright ignoring what the people who actually do know the verse and have spent several years researching the verse are telling you.

Milly, for someone who claims to know nothing about the verse youre really making a lot of outlandish assumptions and just outright ignoring what the people who actually do know the verse and have spent several years researching the verse are telling you.
I don’t recall saying the former; this also isn’t an argument. If you don’t have a rebuttal, then I really won’t be addressing it, thank you.

So if I understand correctly, this is a scaling chain?
No idea, ask them.

So, then, explain and rebut. Not too hard.
Easy. Chaos is the realm as a whole, Human Worlds are universes that Chaos is split up into, of which there are an infinite amount, and Ginnungagap is what holds all of the universes together within Chaos. This is how Chaos is factually structured, and from your arguments you are seemingly pulling the claim that Ginnungagap exists outside of Chaos from nowhere.

Easy. Chaos is the realm as a whole, Human Worlds are universes that Chaos is split up into, of which there are an infinite amount, and Ginnungagap is what holds all of the universes together within Chaos. This is how Chaos is factually structured, and from your arguments you are seemingly pulling the claim that Ginnungagap exists outside of Chaos from nowhere.
This doesn’t address much of my comment, I feel. Chaos is indeed the human world; ginnungagap is the displaced space they reside in. But a higher-dimensional space, by literal nature, isn’t part of the lower-space, that’s sorta the point it encompassing. That’s why it’s… literally infinitely bigger.

I reiterate, if it was part of chaos, why do they make it a plot point to go to Thule to access Ginnungagap’s portals, instead of just… going to other worlds?

Because he never actively targets Ginnungagap, and it only falls because of the fact that he’s going around erasing universes. I don’t have any reason to assume he can outright destroy Ginnungagap without the erasure of other universes.
Yeah exactly, he's not going out of his way to attack Ginnun, the place falls apart inadvertently as a chain reaction. There's nothing indicating that he cannot destroy Ginnun if he wanted to, now this would mean nothing by itself, but with the statement of being the strongest villain + demonstrating he can beat the other Bayos shows that he has that level of power.

I disagree with Milly, but I don't think he's making this thread for underhanded reasons or anything of the sort.

This doesn’t address much of my comment, I feel. Chaos is indeed the human world; ginnungagap is the displaced space they reside in. But a higher-dimensional space, by literal nature, isn’t part of the lower-space, that’s sorta the point it encompassing. That’s why it’s… literally infinitely bigger.

I reiterate, if it was part of chaos, why do they make it a plot point to go to Thule to access Ginnungagap’s portals, instead of just… going to other worlds?
This is pretty interesting actually. A superstructure is still regarded as a part of the whole structure; just an extension of it that contains the substructure. The substructure in this case would be the Multiverse while the superstructure is Ginnun, but the structure as whole refers to both.

Because Bayonetta on her own doesnt have the ability to go to other universes...? Her personal portals only let her go to the Purgatorio of whatever universe she's in, she cant hop into other universes or other realms of the Trinity herself.

Last edited:
There's nothing indicating that he cannot destroy Ginnun if he wanted to, now this would mean nothing by itself, but with the statement of being the strongest villain + demonstrating he can beat the other Bayos shows that he has that level of power.
This is an assumption you have to prove, as you made the claim.

This is pretty interesting actually. A superstructure is still regarded as a part of the whole structure; just an extension of it that contains the substructure. The substructure in this case would be the Multiverse while the superstructure is Ginnun, but the structure as whole refers to both.
Uh, the last bit of the sentence confuses me. The multiverse is the substructure, yeah, ginnungagap is the superstructure, yes, but the structure I bolded here is what, exactly?

Because Bayonetta on her own doesnt have the ability to go to other universes...? Her portals only let her go to other parts of the Trinity and the Purgatorio of whatever universe she's in, she cant hop into other universes herself.
That proves my point, though. Paradiso is outside the universe, so she needs a portal to access it. Ginnungagap is outside of the universe, so she needs a portal to access it.

Uh, the last bit of the sentence confuses me. The multiverse is the substructure, yeah, ginnungagap is the superstructure, yes, but the structure I bolded here is what, exactly?
Chaos is the structure.
That proves my point, though. Paradiso is outside the universe, so she needs a portal to access it. Ginnungagap is outside of the universe, so she needs a portal to access it.
What? How does that disprove anything? You need a portal to access anything that isnt Purgatorio, including realms like Muspelheim which is explicitly part of Chaos.

This is an assumption you have to prove, as you made the claim.
I'm not really making a claim here, just saying that the statement + fighting the other bayos is evidence that points to Singularity being on that level, whereas there isn't anything that contradicts this since him not destroying ginnun outright is explained by the fact he wasn't really concerned with it much.
Yes, the multiverse is the substructure, ginnungagap is the superstructure. But the structure as a whole would be Chaos.

Chaos is the structure.
Chaos, meaning the infinite multiverse.

What? How does that disprove anything? You need a portal to access anything that isnt Purgatorio, including realms like Muspelheim which is explicitly part of Chaos.
Never said anything about Muspelheim. But my point is that these places are out of chaos. Ginunungagap is outside of Chaos, that’s why it encompasses it.

I'm not really making a claim here, just saying that the statement + fighting the other bayos is evidence that points to Singularity being on that level, whereas there isn't anything that contradicts this since him not destroying ginnun outright is explained by the fact he wasn't really concerned with it much.
I don’t understand. How is him fighting the other Bayonetta’s evidence that he’s on that level? He only affected it due to the other erased universes, so, again, I have no reason to assume he could naturally do that.

Yes, the multiverse is the substructure, ginnungagap is the superstructure. But the structure as a whole would be Chaos.
Can you get me a statement that says World of Chaos, that definitively includes Ginunungagap?

If Ginnungagap truly was part of Chaos, why waste your time destroying & absorbing literally infinitesimally smaller portions of power, instead of the infinitely bigger one, then nuking the Trinity over all? It doesn’t make sense to assume it, in any context. Why isn’t it ever stated that he got Chaotic energy from Ginnungagap?
I would also like this addressed.

Chaos, meaning the infinite multiverse.
No, Chaos meaning the entire realm of Chaos, comprised of Ginnungagap and the infinite multiverse
Never said anything about Muspelheim. But my point is that these places are out of chaos. Ginunungagap is outside of Chaos, that’s why it encompasses it.
Incorrect. Ginnungagap is outside of the universe that Bayonetta is in, it is literally the space between the universes in Chaos' multiverse.
I don’t understand. How is him fighting the other Bayonetta’s evidence that he’s on that level? He only affected it due to the other erased universes, so, again, I have no reason to assume he could naturally do that.
Because the other Bayonettas have fought and beaten people that can both destroy the Trinity and tanked the blast that split reality into the Trinity

No, Chaos meaning the entire realm of Chaos, comprised of Ginnungagap and the infinite multiverse
Get me a scan that says that, I don’t think I’m going to continue to argue this circularly.

Incorrect. Ginnungagap is outside of the universe that Bayonetta is in, it is literally the space between the universes in Chaos' multiverse.
Yeah, via encompassing, which requires the structure to be bigger, which would make it outside.

Because the other Bayonettas have fought and beaten people that can both destroy the Trinity and tanked the blast that split reality into the Trinity
Cool, why is the Trinity 5-D?

Milly.

You were confused about how its structured and so you asked the people who know the verse how its structured.

Multiple people who know the verse told you how its structured.

And instead of that being the end of the conversation, you instead decided to just repatedly say all of us are wrong.

Despite not knowing anything about the verse and its cosmology.

How does this make any sense?

Milly.

You were confused about how its structured and so you asked the people who know the verse how its structured.

And instead of that being the end of the conversation, you instead decided to just repatedly say all of us are wrong.

It's better to just get the scans Weekly, the Retired.

The past few replies from both sides have not quoted anything verifiable within the verse, nor provided any scans or videos. There are some things mentioned so far that can be passed off as merely conclusions deriving from the evidence, but the problem is with the evidence - I'm seeing a lot of claims about whichever way the cosmology is structured, and no actual proof of them.

What's in Chaos, and what's out of Chaos? Is Ginunungagap inside the Trinity or outside? What parts of the cosmology are larger than the other parts? With what's being put down, it's physically impossible to tell. I'm aware this is likely just because this is primarily being debated by people who are already knowledgeable on Bayonetta, and probably know the sources for the claims they are making off the top of their head; I don't mean any of this in an antagonistic way. But as an outsider asked to give an evaluation on this, there is not enough information. I'd like to ask that everyone provide sources for the premises within their arguments.

Milly.

Just because you tell me something, does not make it true. If I find something I disagree with, I will make that clear. I also don’t know why you continue to harp on me not knowing anything about the verse and it’s cosmology, despite the fact that I was the one who brought this verse to Low 1-C to begin with, and have participated in prior upgrade CRT. You are, effectively, trying to stab me with the sword I gave you.

This is a non-sequitur, regardless.

What's in Chaos, and what's out of Chaos? Is Ginunungagap inside the Trinity or outside? What parts of the cosmology are larger than the other parts? With what's being put down, it's physically impossible to tell. I'm aware this is likely just because this is primarily being debated by people who are already knowledgeable on Bayonetta, and probably know the sources for the claims they are making off the top of their head; I don't mean any of this in an antagonistic way. But as an outsider asked to give an evaluation on this, there is not enough information. I'd like to ask that everyone provide sources for the premises within their arguments.
Take note of the usage of “countless fractions”, and “unify the realm of chaos — into a single reality”. This is, verbatim, the exact synopsis Rodin supposed Singularity was doing. Note, again, the word “unify” (統合) is there.

Singularity has explicitly stated to become one with the Chaotic Energy of the multiverse, which would objectively puts his HDE at only a 4-D level. Singularity Chaos, again, explicitly absorbed the energy from the parallel universes of the multiverse, which brings his attack power to the limit. It mentions he’s swollen due to the power of the World of Chaos, which, again, is synonymously used, unless you’re asserting Singularity is gaining two sources of power. The Realm of Chaos was split into countless fractions -> The Chaos World is a multi-layered structure, with countless universes -> Singularity seeks to unify the Realm of Chaos -> Rodin says correcting the multiverse by unifying them. Singularity Chaos is amped by the Chaos Energy of the Multiverse -> Singularity Definition became one with the Chaotic Energy of the Multiverse. By the transitive property, The Realm of Chaos = The Multiverse.

Note, both Singularity Chaos & Definition claim they only got power from the parallel worlds, at no time is it ever stated that they were even further amplified by Ginunungagap. If Ginnungagap truly was part of Chaos, why waste your time destroying & absorbing literally infinitesimally smaller portions of power, instead of the infinitely bigger one, then nuking the Trinity over all? It doesn’t make sense to assume it, in any context. Why isn’t it ever stated that he got Chaotic energy from Ginnungagap? It’s because he didn’t.

not a bayonetta person but just adding onto things said earlier
I think that EE can only scale to AP if it's some verse where you can't erase someonee stronger than you or anything like that
goodbye, for I am going to go play the superior game (metal gear rising: revengeance)

The past few replies from both sides have not quoted anything verifiable within the verse, nor provided any scans or videos. There are some things mentioned so far that can be passed off as merely conclusions deriving from the evidence, but the problem is with the evidence - I'm seeing a lot of claims about whichever way the cosmology is structured, and no actual proof of them.

Chaos is the realm as a whole, Human Worlds are universes that Chaos is split up into, of which there are an infinite amount, and Ginnungagap is what holds all of the universes together within Chaos. This is how Chaos is factually structured.

Ginnungagap is inside the Trinity, it is part of Chaos. Paradiso, Purgatorio, ad Inferno are all equal in size, and are all infinite in size, and are all infinite larger than a Human World ie. a single universe in the multiverse of Chaos.

not a bayonetta person but just adding onto things said earlier
I think that EE can only scale to AP if it's some verse where you can't erase someonee stronger than you or anything like that
goodbye, for I am going to go play the superior game (metal gear rising: revengeance)
Don't you dare leave with that last statement! We need scans and statements for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back