• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Teleporting or swordplay is really all she has as Time Travel I'm told isn't combat applicable based off the Robin thread. I can't find a calc for Retsu but I know Ciri is nearly 2 tons.

They all scale down from 7-Cs. Retsu scales =< Doppo who is < Jack who is either baseline 8-B or baseline 8-A.

Hell, I might go Retsu here. I'm not 100% familiar with Ciri's bad of tricks, but Retsu has a massive advantage in CQC, a few techniques that could incap Ciri in one successful use, the strength advantage, and finally a ~7-C damage reduction ability (though it only works on thinks that deal damage via kinetic force, like a fist/foot or a sword).

Oh yes, I'm sure she is. I don't have too much experience with the Witcher series, but from what I do, Geralt is a bit of an abnormality in terms of strength, speed, and skill, and even he considers Ciri a prodigy, which is indicative that she's highly skilled. That being said, this Retsu clashes with (and albeit lost to) Miyamoto Musashi, the most skilled weapon user in the verse. He's so skilled in swordsmanship, his skill is more or less a bridge between the likes of Yujiro Hanma and the rest of the verse, Yujiro eclipsing even most of the high tiers in the verse in skill, only a few being comparable but significantly less skilled than him. Musashi is also such a skilled swordsman that he can accurately imitate a sword with his bare hands so perfectly, slashing people has results varying from people feeling the cold steel slice through them to even 1 man claiming he felt all 3 trillion of his cells dying. Retsu was such a match for him, he compared Retsu to the entire Battle of Sekigahara, one of the bloodiest and most brutal battles of the feudal Japan Civil War era, a battle that Musashi engaged with both sides, fighting both armies by himself and winning

Skill advantage, Xiao-Lee for physical damage, and AP advantage. Ciri hasn't really been discussed beyond teleportation

SpookyShadow said:
Would he even hit Ciri? Like, she spams the shit out of teleporting if necessary.
If she uses it too often, Retsu would likely begin predicting where she'll end up by finding and recognizing her pattern of attack. If that isn't viable, he could always react and strike her at the same moment she attacks him. If they trade blows, his Pressure Points and AP is going to help, as well as Xiao-Lee

What pattern? Teleporting doesn't necessarily need a pattern, it's improvising. If he can't react to her teleporting, he can't attack on time. She can just teleport from behind and slash him through the heart. Attacking from above also is an option.

SpookyShadow said:
What pattern? Teleporting doesn't necessarily need a pattern, it's improvising. If he can't react to her teleporting, he can't attack on time. She can just teleport from behind and slash him through the heart. Attacking from above also is an option.
Teleporting doesn't have a pattern, but Ciri does. When some attack, they generally have a plan of attack, as well as habits in combat (like some people tend to strike in a certain order, or use certain moves more often than others). Say Retsu goes for a strike and Ciri teleports. If Ciri is in control of her end location when she teleports, then she is just as likely to have a pattern of attack as any other person. Say she chooses to teleport into Retsu's blind spot. If she continues teleporting behind him or to his side and attacks in a certain fashion or similar fashions during combat, Retsu will notice these habitual patterns and use them to preemptively react. If Ciri slices him with her sword, it will do 0 damage, as it's going to get negated by 7-C Xiao-Lee. If Retsu uses Musunkei on Ciri's chin with an over 3x AP advantage, that alone would be enough to incap via KO

Back