• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chrono Cross, Serge and Lavos/So I was doing some research for a blog post...

And while gathering info on the timelines, turns out I found two things.

Part of me wondered if I should do this on the Questions and Answers boards instead, because this is more of a pair of questions than a suggestion (I dislike making revisions without a significant ammount of evidence to back it up, but since I'm... Surprisingly neutral in my own thread this time, I thought why not).

First one is obvious, and I'm assuming it was just overlooked. DD not having Existence Erasure. No, not the BFR one. Just the whole erasing existences. Its main goal is textbook definition of erasing all of existence, so. Yeah.

Anyways, on to the more "question" part of this. We have an statement about Non-Existent space being present in the world (more like in Terra Tower is where this is said).

NoSpace0
NoSpace1

NoSpace2
NoSpace3

NoSpace4
NoSpace5
Originally I thought: "Meh. It's one single isolated statement in the whole series. This doesn't mean much and for all I know could be flowery."

NoSpace6
NoSpace7

But then, before that, there's another mention of said thing and also a term in-verse to label said space-times such as the depths of the Dead Sea - Res Nullius which are denied of all existence . They're also said to be completely different from space-time as it's understood, when the party enters one.

DimensionFF10

DimensionFF11

DimensionFF12

Still unconvinced of this idea, I went on to find... Another instance of non-existent stuff roaming around (well, besides Lavos influencing stuff all the way from the DBT).

AcaciaRektbyFlame
These guys, who got like this for trying to get the frozen flame...

ExistorNot
...And then we have the non-existent cast of the previous game as the worst offenders since Lucca outright states that they don't exist.

Now here's the thing. First one is that Miguel is all but stated to be non-existent as well.

You find him in the center of the Dead Sea, before the Frozen Flame, and he has a dialogue where he also offers you perpetual, unchanging stillness in this place . He is a part of the Res Nullius and offers you to join him in such a state of being, becoming a part of the world as well.

The party's answer ammounts to saying "Nope" and beating him up to correct the distortion, as he claimed this was the only other option. So yeah, the already non-existent Miguel gets erased from the Res Nullius while either FATE (not the word, the Supercomputer) or Schala going nuts through the Frozen Flame decides to nuke everything from who knows where, preventing Serge from getting the artifact. So the already non-existent place... Er... Vanishes from existence as well in an event that actually illustrates the bizarre phenomenon of nuking nothingness quite well, I guess.

Finally, there's also the fact that the party can punch the Time Devourer, who is about as existent as any of those timelines that were erased from existence to a point where they weren't allowed to ever come into existence either (see screens above).

Now here's the thing. Considering these occasions and the fact that Harle, who acts on behalf of Lavos and was a creation of his, is more than capable of fighting and beating Non-Existent beings as well as Serge pre-obtaining Frozen Flame, should this scale to Cross characters as being able to destroy Non-Existent beings/past non-Existence or am I reading too much into this? Obviously, no one from Trigger gets this.

The ones who would scale if yes, are: Lavos as the DD and the TD, Serge obviously. And that's it for the profiles we have.

Just for the record this would also scale to Harle, Kid and FATE/Dark Serge/Lynx if I (or Cal, I dunno) ever bothered to make profiles for them, as they are the ones canonically involved with the entire plot.

I don't think Magus scales as he is never confirmed to be in the party during Cross., which is where all that takes place.

Anyways, just leaving this here, too, but Lavos' most common attack, which in base is simply described as "Destruction rains from the Heavens" actually changes to "The End of All and Nothing" when he goes DD.

Just didn't bring this up in comparison to the other ones which are plot related because I can see the "3-A Cell Saga Vegeta" coming from a mile away. Mostly because I'm a fan of the argument myself. ovo

EndofAlland

Well, at least by that same logic he still has a variation of Time Stop since, considering that "what it does is what matters"... The only thing that changed from the "Time Stop/Stop" was the name to "Dreambind/Stop". Both animation and effect is the same thing and the clock still appears over the character's head. And every stop skill usually is Time Related.

24-image026
25-image025

I think it's just ye old Void Manipulation, just some advanced form. Better leave it as is as that's more explanatory.

And I wanted money to rain around me.. I don't see any green clouds, but you don't see me complaining, so there. ovo
0000Moneyz

Back