• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chosen Children upgrades?

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
I posted this on Piyomons page but with no response as of yet so I decided to make a forum thread about it. Basically, I noticed that Meramon's Small City feat was actually Small City+ (5.2 Megatons when City level starts at 6.3 Megatons).

And since defeating Meramon was her first feat done as Birdramon, it can only be assumed that she's gotten stronger and more skillful since then. She, or those on her level have fought stronger and stronger foes throughout the run of 01 and by Tri I think they'd be safely within 7-B

Additionally, Togemon held her own against Ogremon in Tri and only really lost when she got distracted. Due to Ogremon and Leomon's rivalry, it can be assumed that both were training throughout the timeskip so them getting upped to 7-B isn't out of the question.

Finally, I can't really find a clip of it now but Leomon [whom as said before, Ogremon rivals] could survive hits from Imperialdramon, who gave Rosemon and Vikemon trouble. While upgrading champions to Small Planet is ludicrous, I think that City level is a nice minimal for now.

So my suggestion would to change Birdramons AP (and again, those who scale off of her) to the following.

Small City level+ (Defeated Meramon as early as Episode 4, should be comparable to Ikkakumon, Garurrumon and Togemon who brought down a small mountain just by evolving), likely City level by Tri. (Far stronger than before, defeated Kuwagamon who gave Greymon a hard time. On par with Togemon who held her own against Ogremon, who is presumably much stronger than before)

Thoughts?

Well, we'd have to rescale all of Adventure's Chosen Children and their partners in that case.

Out of curiosity, do you think it would scale to other continuities like Frontier (i.e. Human-Hybrids are more or less compared to Champions).

I only know about the basics of digimon but the calc looks fine and if it isn't an outlier compared to other feats it should be fine.

Please remind me on my wall to highlight this thread if it doesn't get responses in maybe a day or two.

@Alaka. In hindsight, I didn't word the OP properly (I was busy so I rushed it). Basically, the calc was used awhile back on the earlier profiles but I just now noticed that it was Small City+ not just Small City.

I was saying that they could be scaled up to City level by the EoS/Tri. because Meramon (who one who did the feat) was just a "monster of the week" character. The main villain of the first arc, Devimon was way above Greymon, who was already stronger than Meramon by this point.

Is it to much of a strech to say that Devimon who was way above Greymon who was way above Meramon who did a Small City+ feat would be within the City level? Even if it is on the lower ends.

By Tri 2 Champion/Adult levels (in this case, Ikkakumon and Togemon) were able to slightly faze Imperialdramon DM, who scales to WarGreymon. That should put them above Devimon at the very least.

If the calculation strictly gives us the above rating, I think that we can only rate the character as "At least Small City level+. Possibly higher".

Well, maybe "Likely higher" is more appropriate in this case.

Back