• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chivalry is dead (Anne Mayer vs Gawain) (4/0/0)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Another tier jump, another try to establish Knight Run characters as fun and cool contenders for good match ups.

Yes im lying, i just want the satisfaction of fav characters being spammed and praised.

Anne Mayer vs Saber (Gawain)

Prime Anne and Numeral of the Saint Gawain are used, Excalibur Galatine is restricted for now . The sun will shine as long as the fight is in place.

Knight: 4

Another Knight:

Knighthood:

Since I was the one who suggested this, I should say something here.

AP is roughly even, Gawain's is 1.8 gigatons to Anne's 1.7.

The question I have is how Anne's powernull would interact here. Does it just null any paranormal power? And if so, how is it activated? Because if it does that this may be a borderline stomp.

Eh, why is the power null even that much debated, both dont have anything remotly important to null

He would simply be in a AP disatvantage, 3 times advantage is not unbeatable

I cant recall any instances where Anne nulled stat amps directly, but considering the scope of what Waves could null, i woudnt put it behind her.

She wears a so called DC Coat that passivly surrounds her with a forcefield. Once its broken, she cant reuse it until its repaired or she gets a new one.

Her statamps dosnt have any solid numbers behind it. She raises her physical fortitude with Waves for more explosive attacks

I'm gonna say Anne takes this then.

Her null combined with the forcefield and further stat amping to widen the difference between her and a nulled Gawain makes this a decisive win for her, as Gawain will be 3x weaker than her and she'll just be getting stronger via amps.

Yeah, this is too unsided for me. Galatine is unrestricted. Not that it makes much of a difference here though. Vote counted

Ultimately kinda depends on if Anne can kill Gawain before he uses Gallatine.

Though considering his combat prowess is enough to understand he can't take Anne on in a direct fight, I'm thinking him striking with Gallatine before he loses is more likely

it can, if Morglay is anything going by, not that AP matters much as waves prevents the usage of paranormal weapon abilities, not overpower them. It wont dispell the energy, it stops Gallatine from being activated in the first place

Waves interacct with weapons differently. Against paranormal powers they are dispelling the attack themself (Feats are needed) Whereas against Phenomenon Weapons they prevent the usage of their abilities, making them normal weapons.

Anne could prevent the usage of Morglay freezing the planet, not stop Morglay in the middle of it

Then Anne wins comfortably

She already starts nearly 3x stronger and Gawain is outclassed in everything else barring maybe skill.

One Amp and he's dead

Schnee, its Numeral of the Saints Gawain. He has the actual, minimal AP advantage

If skill upgrades count, Gawain just got an upgrade to one of his Skills that allows him to activate Numeral of the Saint perpetually without the time limit.

My understanding of Anne is that her Waves cancel what they touch. Which means Gawain can reboot his Numeral again immediately. It's also in character for him to lead with Galatine if he's serious.

If it doesn't count, he'd be better off seducing Anne with his amped masculine charm (he is the Origin of Prince Charming, so he's naturally very appealing to women), his Charisma Skill and his chivalrous personality. It's quite likely to work too.

---

Here's some food for thought. Assuming Gawain has support from Chaldea...

If Anne's powers work in 'waves', it would be possible to do a conceptual switch that forces the nature of 'Water' onto her Waves. And Galatine is the Holy Sword of the Sun. Its heat and flames could then 'evaporate' Anne's Waves before they can do their nulling.

This is just for fun, but I thought I'd put it out here.

I made sure that Gawain has Numeral of The Saint for the entire battle, so he didnt have any time limits on it this fight.

Your understanding is correct. He totally can, but Anne's wave imbued attacks are something she spams in character, in conjuction with lazers, explosions and energy cuts all made of waves.

Thats a unique way to win this fight, not gonna lie

---

While thats nice to know that Chaldea can do shenanigens like this, it woudnt work in this case. You see, the author arbitarly called them "Waves", they show absolutly no qualities of such. Chi would have been a far better term (But it cant be used because in Knight Run, Chi is its own concept).

And it would kinda be outside help and not a real ability belonging to Gawain, so he woudnt be able to use it here

I know its just thought play, so dont mind me adressing it

Also his best chance, I guess.

"O beautiful lady, you must have been sent to me by the gods themselves! The power I feel radiating from that form...it's wonderful!"

Something like that. And then we start making preparations for the dates...

---

Oh, the author named it that?

If it's the author, then it's the official name.

Doesn't matter what they're actually like.

I mean, Kama/Mara got blown sky-high because she made a mistake in her nefarious plot to corrupt the Protag of FGO.

That mistake being the naming of one aspect of her plot (yes, just the NAME), which allowed a subordinate to subvert her power over her base a tiny bit to give the Protag a shot. It worked, and the base was recovered by an ally. She then blew Kama/Mara into the sky by rejecting her 'Name' from the 'Records of Residence' (that being the nature of the base).

Back