• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Knight Run rescaling: Everyones Low-6B now!

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Part 1 of getting Knight Run profiles up to speed. This thread aims to rectify the current stats of all KR profiles, which I lowballed in the past due to lacking information regarding scalings. Before I do a deepdive, let me explain the setpieces necessary to explain the new scaling and elaborate on the new scaling.

Many of the characters required for Scale purposes do not have a profile, so I will have to rely on you guys learn some names and associate them with their design. The characters being;

Dike the Black Saint, Sophia Vista, Leny, The Original Chimera(Short: Chimera), Kasim, Leah Zail, Maria and Mikhail Vista

With that out the way, lets get over the scaling step by step. Some scans will be in korean, but I believe the raw visuality should be more than enough to get the point across.

Step 1: Leah Zail vs Dry Leonhard

In chapter 223, Leah overpowered Dry in a direct clash and is capable of fighting against him in a prolonged fight to the death. Seeing as she can trade blows with Dry, she would scale to him directly.

Step 2: Leah Zail vs Dike

As we established already, Leah is on the same level as Dry. This is important because she had a fight with Dike as well.

Step 3: Sophie Vista vs Dike

As you can guess already, Sophie and Dike have clashed in the past, with Sophie being the winner and as such scale to each other.

The goal with all of this is to show; Cold Heroes, while ultimatly weaker than Dry, scale to him and are in the same ballpark of power. Even the weakest Cold Hero Chimera Could harm Leah slightly.

Step 4: Leny > Dike

In chapter 174, Dike was shocked that someone could hurt Leny, showing that he considers her superior to himself. This is further proofen by the fact that Dike has a extremist position against people he considers weak (Chapter 213), meaning that him saying something like that is to be taken seriously. Leny is important because she rounds up the scaling for another character and in general serves to show that this power level is consistent.

Step 5: Leny respects Sion Zail

As seen here (Chapter 145), Leny respects Sion and believed that she could put up a fight against her (Chapter 165). Sion being a Cold Hero shows again; They are at Drys level, but weaker.

Now lets tie this together:

An Type Zero AG is a monster of varying level, depending on its grading. What we care for right now is the Grade S and above: A Grade S- Type Zero is too much to handle for the weaker part of Cold Heroes. Other examples are Leny not being able to fight against Grade S Type Zero Hyperion due to being weakened from previous battles, and even if that were not the case, she is not willing to struggle against it (Chapter 145) and Cold Heroes reaction towards the S grade Fear (Chapter 48).

Now that we have established the general power level, how does this scale to Anne and Pray, whos prime are nearly a decade in the past? Well thats because they both performed the greatest feat ever in Knight Runs history, as they both faced and killed the Twin Type Zero Crosseye Alpha and Beta, Grade SS Type Zeroes (Chapter 29). But this is not the only evidence.

As established above, A Grade S Type Zero is stronger than a Cold Hero. This directly scales to Pray as Fear was stated to have reached Prays Prime (Chapter 68) in power. Here, we see Cold Heroes being in disbelief that such powerful knights are existing right now (Chapter 68). Those 3 Knights refer to Pray, Dry and Anne.

And now to the most direct points, Dry outright stating that he still considers Pray powerful (Chapter 173). This was stated right AFTER he performed the feat he is currently scaling to. In a Interview, the Author states that in a hypothetical battle between Dry and Pray, Dry being from Knightfall, which is the current arc this entire upgrade is based on and pre-pregancy Pray, which is basically Pray in her prime, Pray would win with high difficulty.

So what happens if this part of the thread is accepted? Every current Knight Run Character will downscale from whatever Dry Leonhard is currently scalling, which would be low 6-B

Last edited:
Dead CRTs suck dick, ey?

Seems fine at a glance, a few of the links got me send into Japanese site, but I'm sure most of them could get the gist of it from quick scrolling it.

Nice job :3 and don't make them fight Manhwa Jin please thanks :3

Dead CRTs suck dick, ey?

Seems fine at a glance, a few of the links got me send into Japanese site, but I'm sure most of them could get the gist of it from quick scrolling it.

Nice job :3 and don't make them fight Manhwa Jin please thanks :3
Thats the idea yes. All you need to know from those 3 links is that those beefcakes can punch each other real hard.

Nah dont worry, there is a chance that they are hitting 5-c with the next crt. Really going to hate that tier because everyone is gonna be like baseline but accuracy :/

**** Ovens opinion, this sucks and you suck.

Anyhow onto the proper eval:

Part 1 seems fine.

Part 2 ^

Part 3 ^^ though it should be noted that they are ultimately downscaling from Dry.

Steps 4 & 5 ^^^

I think your S Class monster would downscale from those downscaling from Dry given that the only thing she's saying is that it wouldn't be entertaining to fight if she had to struggle even a little.

So basically I agree with your overall scaling chain but I think the difference from Dry is more substantial than you appear to be going for in your statements. I assume for in-lore reasons there's a reason we're scaling to Dry's Low 6-B form and not his High 7-A form so I'll leave that bit go.

I will elaborate in a couple minutes, but the most pressing point I need to answer now is that High 7A Dry dosnt exist and that I grossly misinterpreted the power progression when I made the profiles. It basically hinged on me adamantl believing that Dry gained a powerup from Arc1 to Arc2

To reiterate the issue with Knight Runs current rating and scaling is that is was done back when I only had 2 arcs to work with, which made me form a bias of "This is correct", which lead to me to reject new evidence due to it being "incosistent", even though as the english translations rolled in, it was clear that my approach was the incosistent one. That and I didnt consider retroscaling because powerlevels had to rise with the series progression right? (Spoiler, not true).

Long story short, Dry's High 7A key will scale to low 6-B as well, that tiering in general will cease to exist because the ones who perfomed it are also on Dry's level.

I agree with your assessment and I am aware that everyone will downscale from Dry, wrote that Cold Heroes are weaker than Dry with the exception on Sophie and Dike.

As we are all in agreement with 2 Staff members, I think this thread can be considered concluded right? Thank you Bambi and Oven for your time

Back