• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chimera Ant King! Get Over Here! (Meruem vs Scorpion)

Not exactly sure what you mean? It's a fear and madness manip. If you have resistance to fear manip, it won't work.

Scorpion doesn't seem to have any resistances against it.

I've heard that this character has really deadly aura passives, it's safe to say that this is a stomp for Mereum. Scorpion can't lay a finger on this guy without going nuts.

Huh, I thought Scorpion's Resistance to Corruption and Mind Manip would help him against that. Guess not then.

He's got other other passives too actually. Type 3 Madness manipulation bypasses resistance to mind manipulation since it works through perception rather than interfering with the mind.

IIRC, the way Nen's "Nen Crush" works is it applies when a character is exposed to the Nen of someone who has shown their "Bloodlust".

Typically, "bloodlust" is most likely present when using Ren (An offense-&-defense-focused, offense-leaning form of nen as a combat aura.).

Exposure to Nen to those without Nen (& presumably, those without equivalents based on Verse Equalization.) can cause intense fear, paralysis from said fear, as well as death.

However, there's a myriad of ways to use Nen, not all of which use the aura in a way that expresses bloodlust. Meruem is a non-human monster, but he's well-read, calm & in fights, highly analytical.
So I'm not sure doing that would be his first move in combat.
Still, he's extraordinarily skilled, very intelligent, & very capable, in Nen included.

(Though, my memory of Hunter x Hunter may be a little lacking.)

So what does Scorpion have that helps him?

However, there's a myriad of ways to use Nen, not all of which use the aura in a way that expresses bloodlust. Meruem is a non-human monster, but he's well-read, calm & in fights, highly analytical.
So I'm not sure doing that would be his first move in combat.
Still, he's extraordinarily skilled, very intelligent, & very capable, in Nen included.
Huh, I thought the whole aura thing is what he or any of his generals starts off with no matter who they fought. Besides that, Scorpion does have an insta win ability of his own, like BFR, though it kind of seems out of character.

Huh, I thought the whole aura thing is what he or any of his generals starts off with no matter who they fought. Besides that, Scorpion does have an insta win ability of his own, like BFR, though it kind of seems out of character.
I may be mistaken. Been a while, so I'm unsure. Other HxH knowledge members may opinionate differently from me.
It is possible Meruem would show bloodlust, since, by SBA, he's willing to kill.

Also, one of the 3 roughly-second-strongest Chimera Ants (2nd to Meruem), one of said "Royal Guards" was Neferpitou. IIRC, Pitou is more aggressive & wild in general, but even a small touch of Pitou's nen, IIRC, made an experienced, professional Nen user who was on a mission to infiltrate the palace the Chimera Ants were in, quite aware they were there.
Like, his hair turned white fell out, he started shaking, lost all calm, & fled for his life, despite presumably having Nen protection of his own.

& before Gon & Killua has their introduction to Nen, Hisoka could prevent them simply walking towards a hallway with his aura. They were paralyzed with fear, or at least, unable to go forward, IIRC.

Back