• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chimera Ant King meets Hero Hunter (Meruem vs Garou) (Hunter x Hunter vs One Punch Man)

Like, I know Garou's RE is nuts and all, but how long would it take for him to adapt to Meruems nen crush? Especially when it's superior to the royal guards?

I think that Meruem wins this battle, if it's not a stomp. Meruem's ability to adapt and react to his opponent is far greater than Garou's. With his absolutely crazy learning rate and Nen potential, he could possibly come up with his own Hatsu during the battle. Meruem would probably be able to identify Garou's rhythm before Garou could learn to and adapt Meruem's fighting style. Honestly, Meruem's ability to adapt borders on precognition, and it's extremely difficult to overcome. It should be changed to Garou's Half-Monster Low 7-B state to make things more fair.

Okay so what can Garou do about Nen Crush again? "He adapts to it" How? By being 5 feat underground? I highly doubt Garou adapts to Limited Death Manip in time and especially one from Meruem who is one of the most powerful Nen users in the series.

Okay so what can Garou do about Nen Crush again? "He adapts to it" How? By being 5 feat underground? I highly doubt Garou adapts to Limited Death Manip in time and especially one from Meruem who is one of the most powerful Nen users in the series.
Pretty much.

Fear + madness manip is a bit too much. Although, I'm kinda iffy on the death manip.

Pretty much.

Fear + madness manip is a bit too much. Although, I'm kinda iffy on the death manip.
From the Nen explanation page:

Ren - Fear Manipulation, Limited Paralysis Inducement, Madness Manipulation (Type 3) and Limited Death Manipulation (It has been stated that without Ten, a Nen User is capable of inducing crippling fear, paralyzing people, causing insanity and even outright killing them with Nen alone, this is through malicious aura attacks)

This is a stomp.

I don't really recall a single instance of them death manip someone, I mostly understood it as that it was AP or smth, not outright death maniping the opponent.

But whatever, Kings nen is superior to Pitou, who could fear manip a nen user, with nen users having fear and madness manip resistance by default, and she bypassed it.

Don't see how Garou can adapt here.

Well, let's not forget that Garou has his own fear manipulation. In the beginning of his hunt, Garou's aura was able to frighten Tanktop Master, an experienced S-class hero, and that was only his first fight with an S-class hero. All of his abilities were only enhanced during his half-monster transformation. If he's a half-monster, then his adaptability rate is significantly higher than in his human form. During his fight with Darkshine, he was capable of quickly evolving despite having his ribcage shattered. He also stood in the face of Orochi, a massively superior opponent who was a king himself. Though he isn't confirmed to have any fear manipulation abilities, I imagine it's because Orochi hasn't really had any opportunities to fight, and the few people he's fought already have incredibly strong wills or are just crazy strong in general. So I'd imagine that Garou would indeed be affected by Meruem's Fear Manipulation, though I think after some limited exposure, he'd be able to overcome it, just like he managed to overcome Gyoro Gyoro's telekinesis after brief exposure.

As a half-monster, this match would be much more fair. As mentioned before, Garou's fighting abilities are heightened and he could adapt to and react to Meruem's power much more quickly. Regardless, I still think that Meruem would be able to take the win. I'm not sure whether Garou would be capable of evolving quickly enough for him to react to Meruem's superior analytical prediction. It's a possibility that he could evolve quickly enough, and another thing to consider is that Garou has Low-Mid regenerative abilities in his monster form, while Meruem only regenerates when consuming others with high Nen power. I don't think that Meruem would immediately go for the kill: he seemed to enjoy his fight with Netero, and since this battle takes place before his fight with Netero, I'd imagine he would enjoy the thrill of the battle and let it go on for a little while longer before realizing Garou's growth potential is dangerous. I believe that after some blows, Meruem would be able to identify Garou's rhythm and decapitate him before Garou could properly respond. It's still possible that Garou could evolve faster than Meruem's analytical abilities could adapt to him, but I don't think at that stage Garou's adaptability is fast enough to adapt to someone as intelligent and battle-smart as Meruem.

On another note, what is the AP difference between Low 7-B Half-Monster Garou and Pre-Rose Meruem? And the same for their speed: both Garou and Meruem are Massively Hypersonic. What's the difference between their speed, because if it's minimal, then it could possibly be unequalized to make things more interesting.

Well, let's not forget that Garou has his own fear manipulation. In the beginning of his hunt, Garou's aura was able to frighten Tanktop Master, an experienced S-class hero, and that was only his first fight with an S-class hero. All of his abilities were only enhanced during his half-monster transformation. If he's a half-monster, then his adaptability rate is significantly higher than in his human form. During his fight with Darkshine, he was capable of quickly evolving despite having his ribcage shattered. He also stood in the face of Orochi, a massively superior opponent who was a king himself. Though he isn't confirmed to have any fear manipulation abilities, I imagine it's because Orochi hasn't really had any opportunities to fight, and the few people he's fought already have incredibly strong wills or are just crazy strong in general. So I'd imagine that Garou would indeed be affected by Meruem's Fear Manipulation, though I think after some limited exposure, he'd be able to overcome it, just like he managed to overcome Gyoro Gyoro's telekinesis after brief exposure.

As a half-monster, this match would be much more fair. As mentioned before, Garou's fighting abilities are heightened and he could adapt to and react to Meruem's power much more quickly. Regardless, I still think that Meruem would be able to take the win. I'm not sure whether Garou would be capable of evolving quickly enough for him to react to Meruem's superior analytical prediction. It's a possibility that he could evolve quickly enough, and another thing to consider is that Garou has Low-Mid regenerative abilities in his monster form, while Meruem only regenerates when consuming others with high Nen power. I don't think that Meruem would immediately go for the kill: he seemed to enjoy his fight with Netero, and since this battle takes place before his fight with Netero, I'd imagine he would enjoy the thrill of the battle and let it go on for a little while longer before realizing Garou's growth potential is dangerous. I believe that after some blows, Meruem would be able to identify Garou's rhythm and decapitate him before Garou could properly respond. It's still possible that Garou could evolve faster than Meruem's analytical abilities could adapt to him, but I don't think at that stage Garou's adaptability is fast enough to adapt to someone as intelligent and battle-smart as Meruem.

On another note, what is the AP difference between Low 7-B Half-Monster Garou and Pre-Rose Meruem? And the same for their speed: both Garou and Meruem are Massively Hypersonic. What's the difference between their speed, because if it's minimal, then it could possibly be unequalized to make things more interesting.
Half Monster Garou is above 1.22 Megatons scaling from Genos and is Mach 560. Meruem is 5.5 Megatons downscaling from his rage blast and Mach 149.5

The Nen-Crush makes this match unfair. Nen-Crush is too OP here I think. Without it, Garou low diffs.

I'm still conflicted on whether or not the Nen Crush really is OP. Like would it just be him releasing his Ren the way he did when he saw Komugi injured or when Netero trapped Meruem in the Bodhisattva's hands? Because keep in mind, Netero's Ren was also capable of instilling fear into Meruem. I don't know, I just feel as though Garou would still be capable of withstanding this Nen Crush based on his adaptability and supernatural willpower.

If you don't use Nen at all(and thus can't use Ten, a defensive Nen technique) and don't have resistance to any of Ren's effects, powerful enough Nen users can kill you by just wanting you dead. Garou is not a Nen user and he definitely does not resist any effect of Ren especially the Death Manip. This is a pure stomp match, im sorry but Nen crush is just that powerful.

I guess so, since I remember when Hisoka's Ren was able to completely paralyze both Gon and Killua when both of them hadn't gone through training, and Meruem has one of the strongest Rens in the series. Still, it just seems odd and a bit unfair that it's such an overwhelming advantage, and I feel as though Garou's supernatural willpower should at least play some resistance. But IDK.

I mean, Meruem > Pitou, whom Nen is so strong is cockblocked another Nen user and feared them, making them lose their hair as well.

All in all, I don't see Garou having a sliver of a chance against Meruems nen fuckery.

I guess so, since I remember when Hisoka's Ren was able to completely paralyze both Gon and Killua when both of them hadn't gone through training, and Meruem has one of the strongest Rens in the series. Still, it just seems odd and a bit unfair that it's such an overwhelming advantage, and I feel as though Garou's supernatural willpower should at least play some resistance. But IDK.
Thing is even if Garou resists the Madness and Fear manip, he still dies to Death Manip. Also its freaking Meruem, who has the strongest Nen in the entire series by a large margin, against a guy without ANY Nen or resistance to it's effects. Someone close this please.

Is there anything that Garou has that resists it? Because the only thing I can think of is resisting Tatsumaki's attacks which may not be the same. Assuming that he doesn't just die instantly from his passive or using Ren he might awaken to Nen from being hit by an attack that may have it, giving him resistance and allowing Garou to learn Nen on the spot.

Back