• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chicxulub Impact Event vs Your Favorite Verse

Destiny. The Gguardians/Fallen/Cabal/Vex/Hive/Taken demolish the asteroid before the impact even occurres.

I'll go ahead and list my favorite verses, as I usually do in these types of threads.

Undertale: Depends on where it strikes, when it takes place, and how we view the power of Undertale's humanity. I have a thread suggesting that humanity should have a profile and explain how powerful they are. If they perceived this as a thing potentially being capable of causing an extinction event they would stop it for sure. Human's in Undertale have shown to be capable of scaling to universal+ and above that level's of power if they're determined enough (and via Magic). If they can't stop it though, they could easily seal themselves in a mountain with another barrier, which, considering it was capable of tanking a timelines destruction and required a multiversal being to destroy it, would easily tank the meteor, even if it landed right on top of the barrier. Even if we assumed it did hit and cause a massive extinction event right after Frisk falled Underground, the monsters would just break the Barrier and go free only to see a wasteland and probably die over time, find some way to undo it, or just survive until the afteraffects are gone, all in all, there's no way the meteor will end the verse.

Re:Zero: Eh they would probably be capable of stopping it, unfortunately they would have trouble seeing it coming before it lands because they don't have anything that could alert them as far as I'm aware. Unfortunately I haven't read the novel and only have what's on here to go off of. If the meteor lands out of range from anyone who could even debatably stop it, it causes a mass extinction event. If Subaru is there, RBD activates every time it kills him, effectively causing an infinite death loop. Correct me if I'm wrong but refrain from too much spoilers, please.

One Punch Man: Unfortunately Blast's power is very vague, but he likely stops the meteor. Even if disregarding Blast, it's not causing an extinction event. The Hero Association would do everything in their power to stop it. I could see a plan involving every S-Class Hero stopping it. If Blast doesn't get involved, I could imagine Tatsumaki slowing it down with telekenis while every other S-Class tries to destroy it. Saitama could also obliterate it.

SCP Mythos: It's so big I couldn't give an absolutely definitive answer to what would happen, but what I can say is that The Foundation easily stops it.

Attack on Titan: The meteor hits without anyone being able to see it coming let alone stop it, and probably causes an exctinction event that wipes out humanity entirely.

Hunter X Hunter: Since the Hunter X Hunter verse has technology rivaling if not significantly surpassing real life technology, they could and likely would see it coming, but whether or not they could stop it is another story, and I would argue they couldn't. They have impressive hax, and some impressive firepower, but considering how fast and large the meteor is, idk if they could really stop it. I'd argue that they could survive the impact, but it would cause mass exctinction, killing most living creatures.

My Hero Academia: Basically everyone dies.

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: I don't even know or wanna try to think about it.

Steins;Gate: Everyone dies.

I could keep going but I think this is enough.

Devil May Cry: Dante, standing in the middle of a crater, suspended in the air by a single surviving pillar as the entire landscape around him is eviscerated:

"What the hell is this?"

Rwby: everyone except Salam dies and Salam only lives thanks to "lol type 3 immortality" (the gods aren't on the planet to save their ass)

Back