• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Changing STTGL tier from high 1-C to 1-B

I am fine with 2-A, it seems the safest bet here, the high 1-C doesn't seem to make a complete consensus, both sides have some points that makes sense to me.

The argument for High 1-C is scientifically speaking Branes transcend lower dimensions, and the dimensions in Gurren lagann are explicitly Branes.

The argument AGAINST it is that Gurren lagann isn't hard sci fi and as such we can't apply real scientific concepts of tier 1 stuff to it.

I would be fine with 2-A, if there were legitimate arguments made against the 1-C tiering instead of:

1) They aren't 1-C because I don't believe they are.

2) TTGL is only 1-C because the wiki's tiering is stupid.

3) The attack only look Low 2-C or 3-A so they must be only that strong.

etc. etc.

I have yet to encounter an argument that made me second guest 1-C and the fact that a verse with 2-A feats that are this blatent can be lowballed to anything below is bonkers.

Dienomite22 said:
I have yet to encounter an argument that made me second guest 1-C and the fact that a verse with 2-A feats that are this blatent can be lowballed to anything below is bonkers.
2-A would actually be fine, the problem here is Branes applying to this verse and that somehow getting to Tier 1 when said dimensions never showed the infinite superiority needed.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Like I said, it's a matter of irl science vs in verse portrayal. Much like type 4 multiverses
Explain your irl science about ridiculous matter such as "dimension", it is out of topic but I would love to read that so called pseudo science.

Dienomite22 said:
You can see the context of Lord genome's statements in the proof provided in the threads I posted and by watching the anime itself. You have to prove why Lord genome (who is arguably the most knowledgable character in the TTGL verse) word's shouldn't be taken seriously instead of just shrugging them away for no reason.

If you don't like the Tiering System make a CRT or leave the wiki if it bothers you.

Everything in links I posted literally points to 2-A at the bare minimum, you saying they didn't doesn't make that true.

You provided nothing, no scans, no descriptions, no video, no blog, only assumptions that are nothing more than "I don't think they are 1-B" based on your belief.
words of lordgenome does not reflect the promising quality size of the universe. just clarifies the situation. according to string theory, the 11-dimensional continuum includes all versions of the laws of physics, time lines in the three-dimensional universe. what does the level system have to do with it? the ACF system is the best, and this is a fact. again-there are arguments in the direction of 2C, and in the direction of 2A they are literally not there.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnmmmmm said:
words of lordgenome does not reflect the promising quality size of the universe. just clarifies the situation. according to string theory, the 11-dimensional continuum includes all versions of the laws of physics, time lines in the three-dimensional universe. what does the level system have to do with it? the ACF system is the best, and this is a fact. again-there are arguments in the direction of 2C, and in the direction of 2A they are literally not there.
Not every verse utilizes string theory and TTGL doesn't. A verse doesn't need to use string theory in order to be Tier 1.

Either go enjoy ACF or stop complaining about how things are done here because it won't change anything.

>again-there are arguments in the direction of 2C, and in the direction of 2A they are literally not there.

Read the tiering sytem and rules before talking about them.

Ionliosite said:
Dienomite22 said:
2-A would actually be fine, the problem here is Branes applying to this verse and that somehow getting to Tier 1 when said dimensions never showed the infinite superiority needed.
I believe that is because Brane cosmology implies superiority by itself as it suggest the normal 3D universe is just a brane inside a bulk aka higher dimensional hyperspace.

I believe higher dimensions are infinitely superior to lower dimensions, if I'm understanding Brane cosmology correctly.

Wasn't this settled like 3 times before and High 1-C is still accepted

Plus there's already a thread for this I think, and it's here and it seems High 1-C is still good

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Wasn't this settled like 3 times before and High 1-C is still accepted
I mean, yes, but the reason is that "it uses Branes and thus the statements about dimensions are valid", when said dimensions are never shown to be infinitely superior to each other, which is what the new Tiering System asks for Tier 1 to be valid.

Wasn't it said that each dimension was superior to the other, I'm not very experienced about Tier 1, but I'm pretty sure High 1-C was all accepted by some staff members in the other thread, regardless we're in the middle of the lockdown and none of this will be saved, so maybe this should be put on hold at least until the forum move is down

I don't think this should be put on hold since this thread won't lead anywhere anyway.

And no, it's never said in-verse that the dimensions are superior, real life Branes indeed are, but the Brane in TTGL was never shown that way.

I guess in the worse case scenario, they could always get the "possibly" or "likely" High 1-C if there are serious doubts about the tiering, however I'm too uninformed about the exact inner workings of Tier 1 to give a solid input on my own

It is indeed superior and meant to be like the real life one, at least going by author intent. (yes Gainax knows what M Theory and branes are) TTGL is a rehash of Aim for the Top! and that verse is at least Low 1-C.

>by author intent

Post actual Word of God of this being the case, because otherwise, Death of the Author kills this, especially because your logic is that it should be Tier 1 because the studio already made another Tier 1.

• a rehash/remake of another tier 1, but probably more of something like a "rip off of their own stuff"
There may be WoG statements that have yet to be translated, but since they are dead there is nobody interested in their stuff anymore

If the argument is "it dont look like it" well its not like we can make 11-D glasses or TV lol (at least not yet, maybe in a thousand years or so)

We assume a verse follows real world physics unless directly contradicted, if Gurren Lagann uses brane cosmology, then we will apply the implications of brane cosmology, you will need evidence for the contrary, that brand cosmology works different in the verse, making it so the dimensions aren't superior

The evidence is the fact the dimensions are never shown to be superior to each other in-verse.

Which isn't necessary. No calc would work if we weren't allowed to apply real life properties of something used in a work without it neing explicitly stated.

We assume physics to work unless shown otherwise, and a verse not explicitly saying so, is not proof of the contrary

It doesn't need to be explicitly stated, if it's using a concept where dimensions are superior, then that can be assumed

Ask Ultima then, he is the one who made the tiering revisions, you can get him to confirm whether the use of brand cosmology allows tier 1

Back