• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Changes to Acnologia's Dragon Slayer Magic

Don't know how this wasn't discussed already, but what would this mean? Do we now have to specify that Acno is capable of devouring all kinds of magic and it is not limited to extracting souls from other dragons?

I'd suggest changing the desc. for his Dragon Slayer Magic to make it so that he can devour all kinds of magic and use it.

He can devour all magic,but we don't know if he can use them and I honestly I doubt we will ever get an answer on that.

the dude is broken at this moment, if not a single magic is gonna work on him because he keeps eating them.

How does this effect verse equalizing for vs battles in the future?

@IKazi

He would nullify most conventional magics in his Tier Range. He isn't tanking things that are too far above his paygrade (i.e. I wouldn't bank on him taking an attack from MapleStory's Eva).

Then there's the fact that we haven't seen whether or not he'd be affecting by things like Time Manipulation or Spatial Manipulation, and Anna seems to believe that the only way to beat Acnologia would be to consign him to a void of nothingness.

Well persons from verse like Nanatsu no taizai can't do anything against him. On the other side I am not sure for verse equalisation and how would it work...

@rep well for time and space manipulation we will probably never get a confirmation but since even end Natsu resistit than Acnoliga doing it would have sense thou again we have no proof of such thing plus what Anna said is kinda contradicting since Zeref said he can defeat Acnologia with fairy heart, but again we don't know what fairy heart really is and if Zeref's words are true...

@William

We would consider any conventional that's magical in origin to be affected by Acnologia's resistance to magic. However, saying that he'd be able to take attacks from several tiers above him without worry is pushing it.

i know that he can't eat attacks from characters on higher tier than him, i just wanted to know how it effects the verse equalizing.

also only people from the same tier can actully fight and not character from higher tiers or lower tiers cause that's just stomp and mismatch and its not allowed in this wiki.

@Reppuzan about Anna's statement; can u pls explain exactly what she means? I translated her statement to mean that they'd try trapping him in an area outside of time; if so what would that mean if Acnologia is able to resist it? (Not saying he can, but what if he does?) coupled with the idea that this may not even be magic- considering Anna refers to it as a "concept"

Reppuzan said:
@William

We would consider any conventional that's magical in origin to be affected by Acnologia's resistance to magic. However, saying that he'd be able to take attacks from several tiers above him without worry is pushing it.
In fact I was talking about verses equal to him since we anyway talk about AP advantage thou I don't think country lvl attacks would work since he didnt even care about Etherions power considering its magic,but again I hope we get to see more of him cause sealing would be a huge dissapointment at least for me (thou it does look like the only way...)

@William and David

We're going to have to wait for more chapters to get specifics, so only time will tell.

@IKazi

Perhaps, but it doesn't help that there's a huge power gap between Acnologia and the humans.

@Reppuzan

forgot about the power gap that jacob and acnologa had, that was a dumb question.

anyway it's best we wait and see what happens and get more info on this matter from futur chapters.

Back