• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsawman Speed Downgrades

out of curiosity, Since this does have to do with speed, has anyone tried calcing Denji blocking a shot from the gunfiend? i"m pretty sure we can count them as similer in speed to actual bullet's since Gunfiend is spawned from the Gundevil. Though the gundevil's bullets are obviously WAY faster then normal bullets.
just checking since it might keep hybrids at supersonic speeds.

out of curiosity, Since this does have to do with speed, has anyone tried calcing Denji blocking a shot from the gunfiend? i"m pretty sure we can count them as similer in speed to actual bullet's since Gunfiend is spawned from the Gundevil. Though the gundevil's bullets are obviously WAY faster then normal bullets.
just checking since it might keep hybrids at supersonic speeds.
Someone did though I had a problem with the way he did it

What would that be? Is it using the 1200 m/s bullet? (honestly I think it might be fine? considering Gundevil's bullets are MHS+) or something else?
He uses the recoil of Denji's chainsaw from the bullet as the distance he moved

Also Ang-sizing is sus, does that look like half a meter distance away to you?
Granted this just might be an instance where Ang-sizing is simply invalid

He uses the recoil of Denji's chainsaw from the bullet as the distance he moved

Also Ang-sizing is sus, does that look like half a meter distance away to you?
Granted this just might be an instance where Ang-sizing is simply invalid
Fair, might be best to see if a calc group member could do the calc. Though I'd be surprised if this didn't get supersonic. I have been surprised by how low or high feats ended up before.

Holy ***** i've forgotten how dead this verse is
Indeed, IMO I feel like their's even a few debatable AP feats that have just gone overlooked.
I won't bring them up here cause Not the point of the thread but still.
I also think their's an argument for Higher tier devils like Darknes Devil to scale to Gun devil so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

"There are no movement lines"

siVqb7h.png

?

It's definitely describing his movement. I mean they turn in midair, bullets wouldn't really do that

It's definitely describing his movement. I mean they turn in midair, bullets wouldn't really do that
I can see it being both, it clearly shows the impact of the two bullets & it also shows the lines of his wind folding. Drawn together because it's less work, maybe?

Either way I disagree with bullets being too fast for Fiends, strong Devil Hunters, and especially Hybrids, given relatively weak characters like Long can block gunfire & Yoshida can go hand to hand with Quanxi, who is bare-minimum supersonic.

I can see it being both, it clearly shows the impact of the two bullets & it also shows the lines of his wind folding. Drawn together because it's less work, maybe?

Either way I disagree with bullets being too fast for Fiends, strong Devil Hunters, and especially Hybrids, given relatively weak characters like Long can block gunfire & Yoshida can go hand to hand with Quanxi, who is bare-minimum supersonic.
If we get that calculated then I'm fine with whatever the result is scaling to fiends, strong devil hunters and hybrids

I already have a Subsonic+ calc for Hybrid Denji
Find me one other panel in this manga where movement is depicted in this manner

Fujimoto has an apparent tell for whenever he wants to draw movement and that is blur lines similar to the examples I've shown below

9ifsd3BV7VM.jpg

jYJYCMXxaDg.jpg

DzERq7rGPfE.jpg

We see no blur lines indicating movement in Angels case and we have a convenient explanation for the two lines we see bouncing off of his wings

We also have the anime backing up this interpretation with him having completed his movement before the man fired in this scene

With all this in mind I believe it is fair to assume that these "Movement lines" aren't in fact movement lines and are instead bullets ricocheting off his wings, hence making the current calc wrong

Any takes on quanxis part of this thread? Does she need to be recalced or is her feat impossible to calc now? If she is able to I saw 2 re calcs that might serve as a replacement for her current calc.

Fujimoto also uses lines in the scenery to demonstrate movement.
9ifsd3BV7VM.jpg

jYJYCMXxaDg.jpg

siVqb7h_d.webp
Those are emphasis lines that occur in action shots and don't necessarily mean that movement is happening
Here are some example of these lines where no movement is shown on panel

Not to mention the lines you claim are these "movement lines" is just how Fujimoto sometimes draws dark floors
I1O3Okw.jpg

Any takes on quanxis part of this thread? Does she need to be recalced or is her feat impossible to calc now? If she is able to I saw 2 re calcs that might serve as a replacement for her current calc.
Any calc that uses the entire distance she covered and human reaction speed times is wrong simply because it can't be proven that she could move that entire distance before someone can react.

Honestly, instead of using reaction speed, use the timeframe it would take the heads to fly up an imperceptible distance. Because the characters heads didn't even move until way after she reached her location. Meaning the movement would have to be imperceptible. Which would prolly make it a few if not less than a millimeter. You'd just need the speed at which the heads flew off their bodies, then all you need to do is "distance (in meters) / speed (in m/s) = Timeframe. Then "Distance Quanxi moved / Timeframe". That wouldn't be using reaction speed at all, so that'd prolly be fine.

I think my suggestion would yield better results. Going by the og calc which calc'd them moving 26 meters, and assuming 1cm is imperceptible (Very perceptible, but just for the sake of simplicity), and assuming the heads shot up at like, say 5 m/s.

(26/0.01)*5 = 13000 m/s | Mach 37.901

Better than calc'ing her blitzing those couple of guys which'll only come out as Subsonic.

Those are emphasis lines that occur in action shots and don't necessarily mean that movement is happening
Here are some example of these lines where no movement is shown on panel

Not to mention the lines you claim are these "movement lines" is just how Fujimoto sometimes draws dark floors
I1O3Okw.jpg

In the first part of the first image of my message, the entire movement is indicated by lines and when Quanxi grabs the arm in the second image too, and in the case of the angel it is clearly not the floor since the lines of movement are passing through the division of the frames and it also doesn't go to the end of the page, stopping even after having gone through the clearest part.

Better than calc'ing her blitzing those couple of guys which'll only come out as Subsonic.
Another calc measures the distance as ~300 metres, based on her needing to swing her sword and decapitate each Doll rather than just measuring how far she ran.

I think my suggestion would yield better results. Going by the og calc which calc'd them moving 26 meters, and assuming 1cm is imperceptible (Very perceptible, but just for the sake of simplicity), and assuming the heads shot up at like, say 5 m/s.

(26/0.01)*5 = 13000 m/s | Mach 37.901

There's still the problem that the dudes who she initially blitzed had half a full conversation before there heads even began to split which IMO kills that's scaling as it didn't happen immediately after she sliced them

Unrelated but a new feat came out in a recent chapter that I can probably get supersonic+ from

There's still the problem that the dudes who she initially blitzed had half a full conversation before there heads even began to split which IMO kills that's scaling as it didn't happen immediately after she sliced them

Unrelated but a new feat came out in a recent chapter that I can probably get supersonic+ from
I think that's just an error on the authors fault. There's LOTS of feats where characters are blitzed and cut up, and then fall apart afterwards. Worst case scenario, just remove the distance she traveled to those guys from the rest of the distance to account for the fact they were at least able to talk.

Back