• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

"We got rid of the only relatively peaceful way to die, your death is now guaranteed to be filled with suffering!" Hmm yes I'm sure this will make people less afraid of death.

This isn't true! Death is still just as inevitable! You are going to get sick and die, you are going to die in an accident, you are going to be murdered, you are going to be brutally killed by a Devil. Dying of old age IS the ideal fantasy death.

That's is not the case at all. Do you consider living you life in your 20's as living a life of fear and suffering? Because at literally any point in your life you can die a horrible death in any number of ways besides natural age yet people consider being young and free to do whatever the "Prime of your life". People aren't deathly afraid of dying when their young and full of vigor as that's not something and average human takes into account at all. Being immortal and not having to worry about a 100% certain form of death is absolutely something that would hurt the death devil as like mentioned above every other form of death has some manner of way you can mitigate the chances of it happening or at least appear to mitigate the chances. Even if you are correct and death is 100% unavoidable in some way the average lifespan of humans would skyrocket to over 1000 years old, which would once again be a determent to the death devil as I'm pretty sure no human alive would say living longer is a bad thing.

TLCfAdY.jpeg

Every human who doesn't die of old age will eventually have this face.

That's is not the case at all. Do you consider living you life in your 20's as living a life of fear and suffering? Because at literally any point in your life you can die a horrible death in any number of ways besides natural age yet people consider being young and free to do whatever the "Prime of your life". People aren't deathly afraid of dying when their young and full of vigor as that's not something and average human takes into account at all. Being immortal and not having to worry about a 100% certain form of death is absolutely something that would hurt the death devil as like mentioned above every other form of death has some manner of way you can mitigate the chances of it happening or at least appear to mitigate the chances. Even if you are correct and death is 100% unavoidable in some way the average lifespan of humans would skyrocket to over 1000 years old, which would once again be a determent to the death devil as I'm pretty sure no human alive would say living longer is a bad thing.
You're missing the point that one of the peaceful, painless ways to die would be gone. No longer can you be lying in a bed, surrounded by loved ones as you slowly pass away. Now you have to deal with painful demises. Getting killed by natural disasters, run over, caught in a devil attack, or starving to death.

You're missing the point that one of the peaceful, painless ways to die would be gone. No longer can you be lying in a bed, surrounded by loved ones as you slowly pass away. Now you have to deal with painful demises. Getting killed by natural disasters, run over, caught in a devil attack, or starving to death.
Or sudden blood clots or decapitation or getting shot in the head or being instantly crushed. There are just as many fast quick relatively painless ways to die as there are horrible slow ways to die. Also I don't know if you are aware of this but there is no such thing as "dying of old age", it's always the result of an underlying condition caused by the slow deterioration of your body over time. Calling dying of old age "painless" is disingenuous and not true the vast majority of the time.

Or sudden blood clots or decapitation or getting shot in the head or being instantly crushed.
And those are still painful? Not at all peaceful in the slightest.
There are just as many fast quick relatively painless ways to die as there are horrible slow ways to die.
But again, you're missing a key thing here, those are not peaceful deaths. They're bloody and violent, not at all a way people would be fine with going out of this world.
Also I don't know if you are aware of this but there is no such thing as "dying of old age", it's always the result of an underlying condition caused by the slow deterioration of your body over time. Calling dying of old age "painless" is disingenuous and not true the vast majority of the time.
It's still dying of old age, no need to get so complicated with it. And while yes, there is deterioration to be found, in the end its still a much happier, much more peaceful end to one's life.

Imagine if that last panel with Yoru is not her being afraid, but reminiscing of the fight between Chainsaw Devil and her sisters and we get a flashback of it next chapter.
Also, Pochita's fear factor must have gone up by a lot without mouths, since the only thing those people can hear is the loud roar of his chainsaws as heads fall to the ground.

People aren't deathly afraid of dying when their young and full of vigor as that's not something and average human takes into account at all.
Because they assume they'll die when they're old.

Even if you are correct and death is 100% unavoidable in some way the average lifespan of humans would skyrocket to over 1000 years old
Wow that's so cool hey did this take into account the existence of Devils?

And those are still painful? Not at all peaceful in the slightest.

But again, you're missing a key thing here, those are not peaceful deaths. They're bloody and violent, not at all a way people would be fine with going out of this world.

It's still dying of old age, no need to get so complicated with it. And while yes, there is deterioration to be found, in the end its still a much happier, much more peaceful end to one's life.
Dying of old age is painful, moreso than fast gruesome deaths where you go into shock before you can really even register anything. The most common source of death at old age is heart related diseases which range from heart attacks which can involve painful seizures and spasms to artery problems which lead to you slowly suffocating to death, none of which is something most would consider happy and peaceful. The most painless ways to die are fast and lethal ones that leave no room for the brain to even register the shock.
Wow that's so cool hey did this take into account the existence of Devils?
I'm sure the existence of Devils in the Chainsawman universe decrease the life expectancy of humans by a certain degree but the fact that people even reach old ages in Chainsawman leads credence to the fact that it's still possible to live a long life without being killed by devils. Long lives that would be extended by the removal of aging and would thus weaken the death devil.

Honestly the fact that the main plan of this arc of Chainsawman is to weaken the Death Devil and empower the Chainsaw Devil seems to favor the more simple interpretation that eating the Old Age Devil would weaken the Death Devil since it is ultimately one less way to die in the Chainsawman universe. Whatever other weird and complex justifications as to how this would actually make the Death Devil stronger somehow just don't seem to be that plausible to me.

Dying of old age is painful, moreso than fast gruesome deaths where you go into shock before you can really even register anything.
I'll admit it, dying of old age may bring pain to the person. But even then, nobody would want to die a gruesome death. You're here thinking that most people would have it no other away, or at least what you're typing leads me to believe that. But from the older people I've met, some in my family, they're more than happy to pass away naturally, surrounded by loved ones.
The most common source of death at old age is heart related diseases which range from heart attacks which can involve painful seizures and spasms to artery problems which lead to you slowly suffocating to death, none of which is something most would consider happy and peaceful.
And it's still better than being murdered, or caught in a natural disaster. And most people would in fact avoid a death that's considered brutal and bloody, even if it's quick.
The most painless ways to die are fast and lethal ones that leave no room for the brain to even register the shock.
See above

Dying of old age is painful, moreso than fast gruesome deaths where you go into shock before you can really even register anything.
And yet people want to pass away from old age in their own beds. Old age being bad for your health does not change this.

I'm sure the existence of Devils in the Chainsawman universe decrease the life expectancy of humans by a certain degree but the fact that people even reach old ages in Chainsawman leads credence to the fact that it's still possible to live a long life without being killed by devils.
35%, more than one in three people, are killed by Devils.

I was wondering how Pochita is easily defeating the Aging Devil and his strikes. It made no sense since the Aging Devil theirself is a Primordial Devil, so his power should be above Pochita's. But then I looked back and found a statement from Barem, which means the current Pochita is now Primordial level and is at his strongest. I can only imagine how strong Chainsaw Man would be if we do end up seeing him again.
This also means:
1. Sickness (Pestilence?) is a Primal Fear, which isn't that surprising.
2. Barem is a powerscaler, which also isn't that surprising.

Now, these aren't confirmed, but three times is a pattern, and it seems like Primal Fears have a couple of abilities in common-
Interdimensional Range:
  • Darkness gave Santa a piece of its flesh even though she was on Earth, assuming that wasn't the Hell Devil's hand
  • Falling opened up multiple doors to Hell for people to fall through
  • Aging can attack Pochita on Earth through Manga Panels/Mirrors, despite being in Hell from the looks of the grass
Regeneration w/o Blood:
  • Despite extreme bleeding from Makima's fingerbang, Darkness was fine panels later (Also its flesh gave Santa extreme regen in the dark)
  • Falling was regenerating all the time during her appearances
  • Aging regenerated its fingers after Pochita cut them off, which can be seen in the fistbump attack, again no blood required
Regenerating without blood and being able to cross the threshold between Earth and Hell would make sense for a category of Devils described as "Transcendent," although I doubt this'll be spelled out given Fujimoto's "Show Don't Tell" approach.

yo,question,does makima japan contract considers attacks from mindless beings attacks or no?
asking this cause i got an extremely stupid match up idea.

The only "good" ending for mankind would be Pochita eating the devil devil a.k.a diablo double.
( unless Pochita being erased implies world ending horrors like mind breaking star, other endings at the end of life and human sixth sense would return and cause even more chaos.)

Back