• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

One of the main things I heard is that hybrids aren't amped by fear
Well in their human form they don't get strengthened by fear, but once they transform they benefit from the fear boost and get stronger. Who ever said that probably speed read the manga

Aki dodges a bullet in the anime, could it be calced or would it be discarded as an anime only feat
From what I understand if it's a feat present in both the manga and the anime with no differences and the anime only shows the in-between then it's allowed. If it's different in any way from the manga then it's not allowed.

On another note, after completing my Kobeni profile, I found that I can clean images to a passable degree. With that in mind I was wondering If I could go ahead and update the pictures of some of the less maintained profiles with manga panel pictures and, if so, am I able to do so without a CRT?

Did we get Poch's height yet?
From what I understand if it's a feat present in both the manga and the anime with no differences and the anime only shows the in-between then it's allowed. If it's different in any way from the manga then it's not allowed.
This yeah, if he dodges in manga, and the anime just shows us it better and enables us to get the relative motion, it should be fine.

So no, ig I'll scale him off Kobeni within the day.

Here it is, I didn't include my Santa Claus revision or Kobeni's new profile restricting them for an entirely different thread regarding the piercing damage issues of the verse (They also both have issues which would be more appropriate to address in that thread when it is created)

Was rereading International Assassins, and noticed this. What do you lot think?
Makes sense, if cosmo hax worked on mkm then quanxi wouldn't have given up the moment she saw mkm(and mkm mind seems to have some resistance to being manipulated since not even pochita can fully erase her memories)

I always thought that it was weird that the CONTROL Devil doesn't have resistance to mind manip.

Last edited:
Makes sense, if cosmo hax worked on mkm then quanxi wouldn't have given up the moment she saw mkm(and mkm mind seems to have some resistance to being manipulated since not even pochita can fully erase her memories)

I always thought that it was weird that the CONTROL Devil doesn't have resistance to mind manip.
Yeah you'd think the embodiment of control would resist mind manipulation atleast to some extent since manipulation is, y'know, kind of her thing?

Also, a popular interpretation of that panel is that cosmo is not using her ability on makima but protesting to quanxi about surrendering. I'm a bit torn on this, tbh

Yeah you'd think the embodiment of control would resist mind manipulation atleast to some extent since manipulation is, y'know, kind of her thing?

Also, a popular interpretation of that panel is that cosmo is not using her ability on makima but protesting to quanxi about surrendering. I'm a bit torn on this, tbh
While that isn't a bad interpretation I think it's more likely that she is trying to use her ability since she has shown to use it multiple times even when quanxi didn't order her to + if cosmo ability worked on mkm then quanxi wouldn't have given up instantly.(she made cosmo use her ability on Santa Claus moments before mkm appeared so it wouldn't make sense for quanxi to suddenly give up even though one of her friends can defeat mkm, that's why I think it's likely that cosmo ability just doesn't work at all on makima)

Good chapter, we see the guard who was in charge of Denji is no longer with him, I wonder who replaced him.

I'm really glad the Nail(?) Fiend is back, I really liked their introduction.

Back