• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

The body in space has been cloning itself non-stop and protecting the earth from the space alien devils. Eventually War will wage war against the space Pochitas and they will fuse into a giant mecha, before Yoru tributes all of United States (who's responsible for all wars that ever happened) to summon a giant war bot. Their fight destroys 93% of the world.
Fakesaw man!?!?!?!?!?!?

We must remember that:
1: 6th sense was deleted in csm
2: Pochita was busy with his blood donor work
3: Speed of sound ain't fast enough to warn him

So conclusion: Pochita could've reacted to that if it was in his line of sight (agenda with fax).

Last edited:
This comparison's really, really annoying me, because there's a difference in that Angel and Nayuta have shown that Devils can be regular people if raised well, and Asa's not an omniscient narrator but a character biased towards devils since one killed her mom, meanwhile Curses are genuinely always assholes.

Like, did we forget the ending of part one?
Now that you mention it the comparison actually makes even more sense because Yuji himself says later that Sukuna could have ended up differently if he had people around him to help him, which is why he gave him one final chance when he was fading away

Now that you mention it the comparison actually makes even more sense because Yuji himself says later that Sukuna could have ended up differently if he had people around him to help him, which is why he gave him one final chance when he was fading away
Wasn't Sukuna a (deformed) person before? He calls himself a curse, but he ate his twin in the womb meaning he had to have been a human, since curses aren't made with pregnancy.

I do get the comparison though, especially considering Asa's like, "Yoru, you could just stop." when they were in the bath tub.

Suddenly realizing that there's no way the 100% Gun Devil's AP would scale to its 5-minute world crossing KE, considering how it sheared off 37% (over a third!) of its body in the process.

In other words, it can't even handle running into air at that speed, let alone something solid.

Suddenly realizing that there's no way the 100% Gun Devil's AP would scale to its 5-minute world crossing KE, considering how it sheared off 37% (over a third!) of its body in the process.

In other words, it can't even handle running into air at that speed, let alone something solid.
I mean it could, not that Gun Devil's entire body was made for flying around at that crazy speed anyways, his guns and bullets however...

And don't forget, none of his flesh was badly damaged anyways, they still remain in quite solid forms, like a bullet.

Do you think bullet weight should be used? It gets to Small City
I mean, it feels weird that Pochita gets obliterated by an AP three times higher than a value he massively scales above, but fictional joules are fictional.

With that said, it also feels weird that a sniper rifle the size of a building fires bullets lighter than a person, but that's thanks to the barrel having the weird concentric ring(?) that makes the inner diameter small, and so the bullets are small. The rifle barrel's like 80% solid.

Last edited:
I mean, it feels weird that Pochita gets obliterated by an AP three times higher than a value he massively scales above, but fictional joules are fictional.

With that said, it also feels weird that a sniper rifle the size of a building fires bullets lighter than a person, but that's thanks to the barrel having the weird concentric ring(?) that makes the inner diameter small, and so the bullets are small. The rifle barrel's like 80% solid.
So, did we get any official calc and rating yet?

So when do we update her wiki?

Also I just realized, all of this are just Yoru in fiend form, that's a crazy realization.
A CRT is definitely coming after this arc wraps up. (Which might possibly be the end of Pt. 2 as well- feels like we're nearing the climax after all the buildup)

Pt. 1 was 97 chapters long, and we're at 178, so if Pt. 2 is just as long, then we got 16 chapters left.

Why is the jacket (finger) being pixel scaled instead of the actual bullet? There's also no reason to think the finger had a second, thinner finger inside it, a lead core is the standard assumption, so the density of lead should be used over the density of people.
The actual bullet is kinda stretched due to the speed effect though.

the thing flying over the water is 7 times long as it is wide
and shaped like a rounded rectangle
idk how fast even a sniper round would have to be going to be stretched into that shape

I don't agree.

But either way it's possible to just look up the dimensions of a sniper rifle bullet, and scale it up to the size of the rifle on the statue, avoiding the issue entirely.
from a quick google search
7.62×54mm
actually around 7 times as long
0.25457 meters / 0.00762 meters = scaling factor of 33.408...

33.408^3 * 10 grams = 372.8694083861... kg, which checks out with metal density instead of human density.

you know how is Fujimoto with characters
Nah. I think part 2 is still going for quite some time. Even in Part one he spared time for all the characters quite well, even Kobeni got her low-wage arc. He did not leave out any characters in Part 2 and got all of them to take part in the story in one way or another.

If it's ending, I hope it won't end like Fire Punch though, peak, but ain't a fitting ending, and I don't think Fujimoto will do the same for csm, he's done with it already.

I don't think Part 2 is nearing the end personally, there's still everything from Fire Devil/Fakesaw Man, Power's contract, the Apocalypse, etc.
I had an idea while back that the Making Denji Suffer arc would conclude with Pochita getting ripped out of Denji's heart, then he gets discarded like a plastic wrapper and tossed into Hell somehow, and just when it seems like he's embraced by the sweet release of Death, the Blood Devil shows up and starts forcefully circulating his blood, because for some reason she reincarnated with a contract already in place and she doesn't know why.

Denji has completely given up at this point and doesn't let himself get hopeful; he can't handle seeing Power die a third time, and she will die since that's what happens to everyone in his life, so he doesn't give her any answers and doesn't try to fulfill his side of the contract.

Ironically this doesn't kill him, since by being a downer stick in the mud, this only makes the Blood Devil more loud and boisterous to offset him, as well as more determined to know Denji (and annoying), making her more like Power.

Taking a second look the high end is sub rel so it should be taking into account Relativistic Kinetic Energy

(1/2 * 35.3912265258 * 5834316^2)*4 = 2.4093811e+15 Joules or 575.8559 Kilotons of TNT
Wait, where did the multiply by 4 come from? Yeah its Sub-Relativistic, but it's like 2% the Speed of Light- that isn't anywhere close enough to quadruple the mass thanks to relativistic effects. 4 times mass is just the cut off point.

mass (relativistic) = mass(normal, 1 kg for convenience) / sqrt(1 - (velocity^2 / speed of light^2))), meaning the relativistic mass is like only a 2% increase at 5.8 million m/s.

Solving backwards for velocity-
  • velocity^2 = (1 - (1/4)^2)*(speed of light)^2
A 4x mass increase requires going at like 97% the speed of light.

Last edited:
Wait, where did the multiply by 4 come from? Yeah its Sub-Relativistic, but it's like 2% the Speed of Light- that isn't anywhere close enough to quadruple the mass thanks to relativistic effects. 4 times mass is just the cut off point.

mass (relativistic) = mass(normal, 1 kg for convenience) / sqrt(1 - (velocity^2 / speed of light^2))), meaning the relativistic mass is like only a 2% increase at 5.8 million m/s.
Can't respond rn working

Can't respond rn working
there-are-still-more-options-for-deku-v0-8m90gbn4i09d1.jpeg

tenor.gif

Seems my RKE I used in the past must have only been 4x due to it being so close to SoL. Big Rip😭😭 i just referenced that old calc for that lol.

Never in my life would you catch me working in the food industry and also chill on the goat😭😭😭 he wouldn't be caught Fast Food either

tenor.gif

Seems my RKE I used in the past must have only been 4x due to it being so close to SoL. Big Rip😭😭 i just referenced that old calc for that lol.

Never in my life would you catch me working in the food industry and also chill on the goat😭😭😭 he wouldn't be caught Fast Food either
"You were 6-B? Well I hope you got six-beef patties coming up 'cause the last guy just ordered a Mighty Meal."

Just saying, Pochita can probably scale to the Gun Goddesses Sub-Relativistic feat, considering he was able to turn around and acknowledge the bullet before it hit him, including the fact that he was off guard. It doesn't have to scale to combat speed, but I believe it's valid enough to scale to his reaction speed in the mean time.

Just saying, Pochita can probably scale to the Gun Goddesses Sub-Relativistic feat, considering he was able to turn around and acknowledge the bullet before it hit him, including the fact that he was off guard. It doesn't have to scale to combat speed, but I believe it's valid enough to scale to his reaction speed in the mean time.
...When did Pochita turn around? There's only one panel of him before the bullet struck, with his back to it and head facing forward, and the sound effect reads "Incoming."

Also, even if he did "acknowledge the bullet" (he did not but for the sake of argument let's say he did), it absolutely does not scale to his reaction speed. Reactions specifically mean being able to dodge, from Speed-
Reaction speed is the speed at which a character can react to an event or action. This usually only grants a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed switch it to combat speed.

For example, let's say that character A shoots at character B with a gun and character B dodges. That is reaction speed. Keep in mind, sometimes a person aim dodges and it is not as good of a feat.
Unless alternate evidence comes out next chapter, Pochita does not scale to that.
Also the fact that he could put up his arms to redirect the second Bang Yoru puts out
still got knocked back but he did redirect the shot to a side building
so that's something
That's maybe more valid, although Yoru's fingergun would just scale to Makima's fingergun speed. Also I need to reread those panels because I don't remember that.

Back