• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Since Pochita was caught off guard, ig we cant really use the supersonic time frames that we did for the summoning feat huh. What about using number of panels, that method seems to be quite common
Which panels though? One panel timeframe is 5 seconds, so do we just use the long one since it seems to happen concurrently with the other four, do we count all five?

Last edited:
alright
after some liberal use of eyeballing and using the base of the Statue of Liberty as a reference
I have concluded that the opening of the barrel of the sniper rifle is around 0.5 meters in diameter
assuming the bullet has the same diameter as the opening, it's around 3.5m in length
and that's a cylinder
not as big as I'd thought it would be
but then again it's still massive for a bullet/finger

again, this is a very rough eyeballing
not planning on using this for any real calc, just to get an estimate

I thought it was 1 second.
Baking Calcing is more of an art than a science.

we know the distance, it was around 29,166 km since thee statue shot the long way around the globe, and there didn't seem to be much of a delay between yoru calling for the Bang and the sniper's bullet hitting, but it could be anywhere from instant to a couple seconds
also need to figure out how large the finger that was shot is
29,166 implies the trajectory was on a great circle (the biggest possible circle on a sphere, basically the equator but at any angle), while the 38th parallel circle (New York is at 40.8 degrees latittude, Tokyo's at 35.6 degrees latittude, so close enough) is (2 * 6,378 km * Pi) * cos(38 degrees) = 31,578.86 km in circumference.

Difference in Longitude between New York and Tokyo is 74 degrees west vs. 139.65 degrees east, meaning a difference of 213.65 degrees the long way, which is 0.59347222... of the full circle, or 31578.86... * 0.59347... = 18,741.17965 kilometers.

Now with that said, the smaller circle trajectory would require the Gun Goddess to turn some degrees in a different direction from the right angles of the Statue of Liberty's square base, so the great circle might actually be the way to go.

Last edited:
alright
after some even more scuffed math
basically just scaling up the average weight of a pointer finger being 22 grams
I have concluded that whoever does calcs has more willpower than I do and has my infinite respect
but
I came up with 7.5kg
for a finger that large

moving at mach whateverthefuck

alright
that whoever does calcs has more willpower than I do and has my infinite respect
but
I came up with 7.5kg
for a finger that large

A tube of flesh or metal that's a meter wide and over three meters long being 7.5kg? That's only a couple times denser than air.

yeah i 100% ****** up
i don't know how i messed up that badly but after finding an actual calculator I got 676.92 kg
how the hell did I get 7.5 before

I think I'll leave the calculating to the professionals

alright
I have concluded that whoever does calcs has more willpower than I do and has my infinite respect
but
I came up with 7.5kg
for a finger that large

1- Are we sure that its a finger? The finger seems like to be only the bullet capsule

2- How its only 7.5Kg if it seems to be bigger than a human?

yeah i 100% ****** up
i don't know how i messed up that badly but after finding an actual calculator I got 676.92 kg
how the hell did I get 7.5 before

I think I'll leave the calculating to the professionals
Whoever said 1 ton wasnt that far off

If the bullet is made of fingers (which we don't know but alright), then shouldn't we just use 80,000 fingers sacrificed * mass of average index finger (22 grams apparently), or 1,760 kg for bullet mass, and sidestep the need for pixel scaling?

Would this work?
Read the thread, someone already got it. (~29,000 km)

If the bullet is made of fingers (which we don't know but alright), then shouldn't we just use 80,000 fingers sacrificed * mass of average index finger (22 grams apparently), or 1,760 kg for bullet mass, and sidestep the need for pixel scaling?
Seems like it’ll wank the weight

Read the thread, someone already got it. (~29,000 km)
Method not shown and image doesn’t show all of it, doubt it’ll be accepted

The finger is just the cartridge, not the bullet itself

We should just assume that its steel
ammo-handgun.jpg

i got bullet weight here but i don’t really know how to calc distance with that trajectory
I don't believe the bullet is made of fingers, maybe the shell was but I think the fingers were just a sacrifice to use great power. The actual bullet is in the third panel, calculating the finger shell isn't necessary.

Just use lead for the bullet, since that's what most bullets are made of.

Saw someone say this and it got me thinking-
Pochita after taking a full force blast of Fujimoto's femdom fetish
How many times has a man ever beaten a woman in a fight in Chainsaw Man, without being helped by another woman?

Because going through everything...

Was gonna say Aki vs. Leech, but Fox is female. Himeno didn't die to Katana Man, she sacrificed herself to Ghost, which Sawatari wrecked with Snake. Aki vs. Sawatari doesn't count, since Kobeni got the knife to her neck before she could summon Snake. Denji's final gambit would've never worked without the Power-saw. Denji couldn't have permanently killed Doll Woman, hence Cosmo had to get involved. They never actually beat Falling, Nayuta just made Justice puke which forced her to leave, Reze got a huge kill streak, Quanxi is Quanxi, etc.

I think there's only the Denji vs. Reze rematch (and even then they both drowned), Kishibe wrecking Power, Pochita taking out fodder fiends/devils, nameless Public Safety agents (and Tendo) getting taken out by gunmen/assassins, and Quanxi getting killed by Darkness.

0178-010.png
0178-011.png

0214-014.png
This comparison's really, really annoying me, because there's a difference in that Angel and Nayuta have shown that Devils can be regular people if raised well, and Asa's not an omniscient narrator but a character biased towards devils since one killed her mom, meanwhile Curses are genuinely always assholes.

Like, did we forget the ending of part one?
"Give her lots of hugs."

Like, did we forget the ending of part one?
Speaking of Part 1, my copium prediction is that the body he left when he baseball-pitched his heart back to Makima is currently in orbit above New York City, and somehow he'll connect a chain between it and himself, reel it back in so fast it goes through the Statue of Liberty, return to his main body, and let him heal to full HP.

Last edited:
Speaking of Part 1, my copium prediction is that the body he left when he baseball-pitched his heart back to Makima is currently in orbit above New York City, and somehow he'll connect a chain between it and himself, reel it back in so fast it goes through the Statue of Liberty, return to his main body, and let him heal to full HP.
The body in space has been cloning itself non-stop and protecting the earth from the space alien devils. Eventually War will wage war against the space Pochitas and they will fuse into a giant mecha, before Yoru tributes all of United States (who's responsible for all wars that ever happened) to summon a giant war bot. Their fight destroys 93% of the world.

The body in space has been cloning itself non-stop and protecting the earth from the space alien devils. Eventually War will wage war against the space Pochitas and they will fuse into a giant mecha, before Yoru tributes all of United States (who's responsible for all wars that ever happened) to summon a giant war bot. Their fight destroys 93% of the world.
Wait...

Maybe his source wasn't lying, possible foreshadowing?

Back