• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

It's about the implication. And Makima does not hate Denji, she simply doesn't feel anything for him at all, pure apathy; the true opposite of love.

It's about the implication. And Makima does not hate Denji, she simply doesn't feel anything for him at all, pure apathy; the true opposite of love.
Makima thematically raped him, connecting to the whole [Nayuta as the offspring of an abusive relationship] symbolism, but I seriously doubt she physically raped him in-story. (The dazed Denji shirtless on couch evokes the idea, but I don't think anything actually happened since Denji says he's never had sex.)

Someone noted that the last panel of just the trees implies that the story's actually cutting away from the scene.

In case this is true, what/whose POV do y'all wanna pivot to?

Anyone got that fanart of the full-power War Devil where her wings are made of guns? Been trying to find it.

It's something I hope that's canon in some fashion, because flight based on the recoil of dozens of guns, annihilating everything beneath her with a shower of bullets, would be such a War Devil thing to have. Can imagine the audience reaction like-

"Holy shit, full power Yoru! That looks so aweso-"
[panels of dozens of people being shot below her]
"-ooooh shit."

Random thought, but the Spider Devil/Princi should scale to the Cockroach Devil based on Fear Scaling. (Considering how Centipede managed to actually draw blood from Pochita by biting his intestine-scarf, Bug Devils in general seem to be tougher than most.)

If I wrote Chainsaw Man, Spider, Cockroach, Centipede, and similar would be comparable to The Gun Devil.

Spiders are the most common fear in our world, but the CSM still has the USSR existing in the late 90s and Hawaii being an independent nation, so it probably isn't wise to try and connect both worlds in most cases.
Yeah, that's why I'm not proposing that Princi should be a Primal Fear, I'm pointing out that creepy crawlies in general are above average.

Yes, it would be an assumption that spiders are feared similarly as cockroaches in Chainsaw Man, but it would also be an assumption that cockroaches are dramatically more feared than spiders.

Yeah, that's why I'm not proposing that Princi should be a Primal Fear, I'm pointing out that creepy crawlies in general are above average.

Yes, it would be an assumption that spiders are feared similarly as cockroaches in Chainsaw Man, but it would also be an assumption that cockroaches are dramatically more feared than spiders.
What if they think spiders are yummy

I always wondered what the Darkness Devil was trying to accomplish
Darkness masterfully planned to facilitate Power's suffering character development so that she would have the opportunity to become genuine friends with Denji, give him her blood, and ultimately become the wrench in Makima's plans that would let Denji defeat her.

Back