• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Yoru, and generally she even has statements backing up her physical prowess.
Aside from Fear scaling and Yoshida (who gets his scaling from Quanxi anyway) where does Fear Boost Yoru gets her Dura from. And i know there's alot of statements hyping her up, but is there one that specifically put her on the same level of the hybrids with pure strength alone? Honestly she could be 8-C and i would find that fine but High 8-C seems a bit too much especially when you consider all the other qualities that make her formidable that isn't strength alone, speed, skill, weapon use...etc

Aside from Fear scaling and Yoshida (who gets his scaling from Quanxi anyway) where does Fear Boost Yoru gets her Dura from. And i know there's alot of statements hyping her up, but is there one that specifically put her on the same level of the hybrids with pure strength alone? Honestly she could be 8-C and i would find that fine but High 8-C seems a bit too much especially when you consider all the other qualities that make her formidable that isn't strength alone, speed, skill, weapon use...etc
It'd from Yoshida's sword stopping on her skin, and Yoshida managed to bloody Quanxi's nose, and Quanxi beat Kishibe with physicals, and Kishibe offscreened Hybrid Denji.

With that said, Kishibe fights with knives, meaning Kishibe's physicals may not scale to Hybrid Denji's, so same would follow for Quanxi, and so the same would follow for Yoshida, and etc...

There's also Fear Scaling above Bat, but we're ignoring that.

The thing is that hybrids in their human forms aren't affected by fear amplification as they would in their devil forms. But since Quanxi has legitimate scaling to High 8-C characters with bare physical prowess. Yoshida benefits from it, but I believe Kishibe would only be High 8-C with his knife, claw and needle devil contracts.

It'd from Yoshida's sword stopping on her skin, and Yoshida managed to bloody Quanxi's nose, and Quanxi beat Kishibe with physicals, and Kishibe offscreened Hybrid Denji.

With that said, Kishibe fights with knives, meaning Kishibe's physicals may not scale to Hybrid Denji's, so same would follow for Quanxi, and so the same would follow for Yoshida, and etc...

There's also Fear Scaling above Bat, but we're ignoring that.
So aside from Fear scaling above Bat which i guess works, none of the other instances put base base Quanxi and Fear boost Yoru anywhere near High 8-C, at most vastly above 9-A but that's about it. Also i didn't know Kishibe beat Hybrid Denji, where was that stated?

imagine if fujimoto just like
ends the series in the Old Age domain
like, the next 20 chapters are just denji and asa and yoru talking before they finally go insane and we cut to black

seems like something he would do

So aside from Fear scaling above Bat which i guess works, none of the other instances put base base Quanxi and Fear boost Yoru anywhere near High 8-C, at most vastly above 9-A but that's about it.
By any logic you use, Quanxi always ends up being High 8-C in base.

Yoshida has a High 8-C weapon -----> Asa completely tanks a direct slash from it -----> Quanxi can easily send Yoru flying with a kick -----> Yoshida can draw blood from Quanxi.

So aside from Fear scaling above Bat which i guess works, none of the other instances put base base Quanxi and Fear boost Yoru anywhere near High 8-C, at most vastly above 9-A but that's about it. Also i didn't know Kishibe beat Hybrid Denji, where was that stated?
The shot with Kishibe with a single cut, while complimenting Denji's moves, shows Denji's pant legs cut open while the ground was covered in cuts, which was foreshadowing for Denji's legsaws.

Since he can only pull the legsaws transformed, Denji was transformed when he fought Kishibe.
By any logic you use, Quanxi always ends up being High 8-C in base.

Yoshida has a High 8-C weapon -----> Asa completely tanks a direct slash from it -----> Quanxi can easily send Yoru flying with a kick -----> Yoshida can draw blood from Quanxi.
☝️🤓 Technically... Yoshida's sword was never confirmed to be High 8-C, it's just that it'd really weird that Kobeni's knife would be several dozens of times better than Yoshida's sword.

Considering that Angel is dead though, Public Safety no longer having cracked weapons would make sense though.

Last edited:
The shot with Kishibe with single cut, while complimenting Denji's moves, shows Denji's pant legs cut open while the ground was covered in cuts, which was foreshadowing for Denji's legsaws.

Since he can only pull the legsaws transformed, Denji was transformed when he fought Kishibe.
I see

☝️🤓 Technically... Yoshida's sword was never confirmed to be High 8-C, it's just that it'd really weird that Kobeni's knife would be several dozens of times better than Yoshida's sword.

Considering that Angel is dead though, Public Safety no longer having cracked weapons would make sense though.
The entire premise is that they have High 8-C weapons and not physicals, as Quanxi who is using public safety weapons is able to make light work of hybrids. Using that logic ends up with the characters themselves having High 8-C physicals regardless.

The entire premise is that they have High 8-C weapons and not physicals, as Quanxi who is using public safety weapons is able to make light work of hybrids. Using that logic ends up with the characters themselves having High 8-C physicals regardless.
Oh yeah, somehow I forgot about that. This just reminds me how much I'm annoyed by Quanxi's Jailbreak scene.

So if Yoru is High 8-C, then is Denji High 8-C for his head not imploding when Yoru punched him? Or is nerfing Yoru's punches just a side effect of Aging turning off Devil Powers?

Or, with less powerscaler brainrot, was Yoru simply not hitting Denji full force?

Oh yeah, somehow I forgot about that. This just reminds me how much I'm annoyed by Quanxi's Jailbreak scene.

So if Yoru is High 8-C, then is Denji High 8-C for his head not imploding when Yoru punched him? Or is nerfing Yoru's punches just a side effect of Aging turning off Devil Powers?

Or, with less powerscaler brainrot, was Yoru simply not hitting Denji full force?
Considering they're a bunch disimbodied mind at the moment, i wouldn't take powerscaling to seriously. Beside, aside from her Dura does Yoru has any High 8-C feats without weapons

You walked into that one.
serious-face-gustavo-fring-laughing-switch-emotions-63jkhcbpssi4nw2j.webp

Idk why but i always thought Post fear nerf Denji is stronger than Pre Training Denji by how he perfromed against the Bat Devil. In Part 1, even disregarding the sonic blast, there was still a physical back and forth between him and the Bat Devil, sure BD didn't really hurt Denji but it was still a fight. In part 2, Denji effortlessly defeat the Cockroach Devil who is so above the Bat Devil that he accidentally crushed him to death by falling into him. Does anyone else thinks this?

Idk why but i always thought Post fear nerf Denji is stronger than Pre Training Denji by how he perfromed against the Bat Devil. In Part 1, even disregarding the sonic blast, there was still a physical back and forth between him and the Bat Devil, sure BD didn't really hurt Denji but it was still a fight. In part 2, Denji effortlessly defeat the Cockroach Devil who is so above the Bat Devil that he accidentally crushed him to death by falling into him. Does anyone else thinks this?
Oh absolutely. Pre-Training Denji being that strong's just a consequence of the Sonic Calc being too high. I think Cockroach has his own Building level feat.

Oh absolutely. Pre-Training Denji being that strong's just a consequence of the Sonic Calc being too high. I think Cockroach has his own Building level feat.
There's also Post training Denji taking a punch from Darkness amped Santa Claus who can hurt Hybrid Quanxi

I mean does post Training near ending of Part 1 Denji being City block level+ creates any problem, scaling wise?
You actually solved a huge problem with scaling regarding Post-Training Chainsaw Man and his Post-Weakening keys.

Previously, since Chainsaw Man was depowered, we assumed him to be on a level weaker than his Pre-Training key, hence why he is Building level, upscaling from the Cockroach Devils building level feat on his Post-Weakening key.

However, the scaling was placed to question as the mere mass of the Cockroach Devil was able to crush the Bat Devil and kill it. His death being all due to a strike from Post-Weakening Chainsaw Man.

Scaling wise, the Bat Devil is scaling to Pre-Training Chainsaw Man in durability being able to take a strike from him to the jaw. We had to mark the defeat of the Part 2 Bat Devil as an outlier as it would contradict Chainsaw Man's weakening.

But now that we can confirm that Post-Training Chainsaw Man's true AP potential is 8B+, makes us able to place him just somewhere at "At least High 8-C" regarding his scaling above the Bat Devil in Part 2.

Back