• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

It's funny because people on twitter are calling it shockvalue.
To some extent, I can agree, but have they been paying attention to the story? The whole purpose is to screw Denji over as much as possible so he turns into Chainsaw Man and make him a tool to beat Death (it's like Makima's plot, but way bigger since Fami's trying to power up Chainsaw Man while breaking Denji down at the same time).

You actually solved a huge problem with scaling regarding Post-Training Chainsaw Man and his Post-Weakening keys.

Previously, since Chainsaw Man was depowered, we assumed him to be on a level weaker than his Pre-Training key, hence why he is Building level, upscaling from the Cockroach Devils building level feat on his Post-Weakening key.

However, the scaling was placed to question as the mere mass of the Cockroach Devil was able to crush the Bat Devil and kill it. His death being all due to a strike from Post-Weakening Chainsaw Man.

Scaling wise, the Bat Devil is scaling to Pre-Training Chainsaw Man in durability being able to take a strike from him to the jaw. We had to mark the defeat of the Part 2 Bat Devil as an outlier as it would contradict Chainsaw Man's weakening.

But now that we can confirm that Post-Training Chainsaw Man's true AP potential is 8B+, makes us able to place him just somewhere at "At least High 8-C" regarding his scaling above the Bat Devil in Part 2.
Lookin forward to that Crt

To some extent, I can agree, but have they been paying attention to the story? The whole purpose is to screw Denji over as much as possible so he turns into Chainsaw Man and make him a tool to beat Death (it's like Makima's plot, but way bigger since Fami's trying to power up Chainsaw Man while breaking Denji down at the same time).
The thing is, all you really have to do is look at the context of the scene, and why what is happening is happening, instead of reducing it to useless shock value.

Ah yes, assuming you would even be sane enough after coming back...

Also, damn, how did Yoshida even got out?
maxresdefault.jpg

The GOAT would come back and build a time machine.

Me: "Denji's lost his identity as Chainsaw Man, his apartment he bought with Aki's money, his dogs that originally were Makima's, his cat which was his last connection to Power, his adopted daughter/sister, his dreams, and his will to live. What could there possibly be left to take from him?!"

Fujimoto: "His virginity."

Me: "Denji's lost his identity as Chainsaw Man, his apartment he bought with Aki's money, his dogs that originally were Makima's, his cat which was his last connection to Power, his adopted daughter/sister, his dreams, and his will to live. What could there possibly be left to take from him?!"

Fujimoto: "His virginity."
"Without his consent!" - Fujimoto (probably)

Question. So, about the spear that Makima summoned and threw at Kobeni. The spear, in the official art, is shown to have the same color as the stars in the background, even though it doesn't have that shine before it was thrown. Would this therefore imply that the spear was thrown through a star? Supported by how it's literally from space to begin with?

Also, Yoru literally thought of a whole plan and activated her ability and shot Pochita, literally even statuting him. Wouldn't this blatantly be a FTL feat?

Time may flow differently between the two realms so it's still likely mental
No, think about this:
If there are THAT many people in there, then Aging must be gathering a bunch of people together at the same, or relatively the same time, which is quite iffy to think about cause how would that even happen, right?

The human body will die 2 days after no water consumption, but I can't think how that many people are getting kidnapped into that world at somehow relatively the same time, so meh, we'll have to see, but it's quite weird.

AND ALSO, why are we trusting the word of a guy who tried to become a cicada and is hallucinating about some "Natsuko"? Why are we taking his words at face value? He might be Hallucinating and is trying to cope that becoming a tree will help them returning to the real world. Are we lobotomizing too?

Last edited:
but I can't think how that many people are getting kidnapped into that world at somehow relatively the same time, so meh, we'll have to see, but it's quite weird.
all it took for the cicada guy to get caught was saying 'damn i wish i wasn't getting old, i'd make a contract to not get old' in front of a mirror
the rules for how Old Age can get you are clearly very loose

all it took for the cicada guy to get caught was saying 'damn i wish i wasn't getting old, i'd make a contract to not get old' in front of a mirror
Someone else pointed out that the underwear he's wearing looks like the Pre-WWII fundoshi, so I think he's legit from the past, which leads to questions about where his physical body is if this is all mental.

fair.
Wait
Someone else pointed out that the underwear he's wearing looks like the Pre-WWII fundoshi, so I think he's legit from the past, which leads to questions about where his physical body is if this is all mental.
alright, this one is weird, what are we having here? We can't say "Fujimoto just draw it because funny", though it could happen, we must remember that this dude stayed in there for 82 years already, this might very well be intentional

Last edited:

1. The end note in Japanese says "Despair ignites instinct."

2. The last time a chapter was unlisted was 167, and before that was the one with the lesbian orgy cover.

Meaning Yoru and Denji might actually have sex on Election Day. (AKA Erection Day, because Ls and Rs sound the same in Japanese)

Wow, now I have two things to worry about.

2. The last time a chapter was unlisted was 167, and before that was the one with the lesbian orgy cover.

Meaning Yoru and Denji might actually have sex on Election Day. (AKA Erection Day, because Ls and Rs sound the same in Japanese)

Femdomoto, make the steamy hot segs steamy and my eRection is yours.

False Alarm- 176 was also unlisted (Yoru's Call to Arms Chapter), meaning next chapter could just be violent... hopefully.

Some one help get this thread overwith 😭

It's very sad for Denji but idk why some folks are shocked that Fujimoto would write this. Like the story has all but told us that Makima raped Denji back in chapter 82.

Back