• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cell Downgrade to Baseline 4-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there is no reason to remove the KiloFOE value. If Cell can destroy the solar system, he can destroy it from Earth, and thus he is KiloFOE.

I still agree 100% with AssaltWaffle, Perpetual also approved it.

As long as people don't try to downgrade him to High 4-C. I won't object if you try to downgrade him to baseline, although the statement does imply a destruction originating from Earth.

Cell's feat being supernova-yield is literally impossible based on relativity.

Why is it always "to appease DBZ fans"? Like why is that always the reason? Why can't it just be considered a correct at the time. Why is bias always the reason why for Dragon Ball? If anything this franchise gets a ton of shit compared to others. Yes, there is leniency, but there is also being strict on things DB does as well.

>Gets a new hax

Limited. Wanked. Overused. Unimpressive

>Introduces a new area.

Isn't what it says it is.

>Villain says he will do something.

Hyperbole.

Just stop it already. How about we just evaluate Dragon Ball like other verses and not pull the "done to appease fans" card?

Kepekley23 said:
Cell's feat being High 4-C violates the laws of relativity, so no. I'm 100% against it.
I agree with 4-B staying. The kilofoe calc might go, but he'd still be 4-B.
?

^In a nutshell what Assalt has said. Honestly where else is Cell going to destroy the solar system from other than the every planet he is on.

@Kaltias

If the Sun ever exploded "normally", the blast wouldn't consume the Solar System.

The only way for that to work out would a be near-lightspeed expansion, with no remnants near the "ground level", which would be a 4-B feat, easy.

Of course, Occam's Razor tells us baseline 4-B is a safer bet than that.

I'm against downgrading Cell below 4-B.

I don't have an opinion about the degree of 4-B, be it KiloFoe or baseline

Kinda agree with cal here, Cell's statement implies he could destroy the solar system with the amount of energy he currently had acquired. He didn't say anything about how he would be able to destroy the solar system, he just said he is able to do it.

So basically what is being argued here is that Cell had the power to destroy the solar system from the Sun, not the Earth?

The previous thread AssaultWaffle made was all about that only. You should have brought it up then and there only. Btw, I agreed with AW on the previous thread and not changing my stance.

Hjeus christ. Can someone seriously just answer the question; where else is Cell going to destroy the Solar System from????? Like where?

With all due respect, 90% of y'all just don't know where our values come from. 4-B's baseline isn't a concrete value dervived from a solid formula with unwavering values. It has assumptions. The assumptions of it define the value, so saying that the KiloFOE value is incorrect for an attack that had to be fired from Earth and yet still achieve solar system destruction is ridiculous.

Just going to jump in to say that, I dont think he meant that he would destroy the Solar system from Earth just that he had the power to do so. However iirc the anime showed him performing the feat, I dont remeber if it was from Earth however so I suggest using the secondary material in this case.

Seriously, if we are arguing about the legitimacy of 4-B Cell, we need another thread dedicated to that only.

We really should all calm down, this was supposed to be a simple content revision on weather or not we should accept the Kilofoe calc, which I still think the Kilofoe calc should stay. But this is starting to turn into a Strawman wars. Super Perfect Cell is 4-B, plain in simple. Everything else, drop it. We don't need every major content revision thread of popular verses to be like this.

Kilofoe or baseline? Literally no other arguments matter, otherwise we're gonna have "dbz has no feats above planet level" all day.

This thread is already being derailed with shitposts and memes about 5-B Boo Saga.

Focus on the downgrade, please.

I'm removing all the memes and posts that don't contribute. I'd prefer to get this done.

The discussion is and always was whether Cell is baseline or 1 KiloFOE. Nothing else.

@RinkaukuKagune

I don't know who you are talking about I just entered the chat and saw that threat for literally no reason.

I didn't speak on the topic lmao.

The real cal howard said:
Alright, I wanted to stay out of the Cell thing when it first happened, but decided against it now.
1 KiloFoe Cell is, no offense, very bad.

To make it short and sweet, Cell said that his attack had the power to blow away the solar system. He didn't say that the attack would've blown away the solar system. Therefore the assumption that he would've done it from earth is null and void (plus, I'd find it to go much more under the hyperbolic statement category if the attack was millions of times stronger than anything done in the CANON Buu saga)
Every DBZ guide that ever existed ever that has Cell in it states he is a Solar-System buster

The last thing people want is a Staff-Only version of this thread, because then there would be complaints about not being able to speak on it. Focus, or else staff are gping to shut this thread down.

Please, let the 4-B Cell argument die in peace. We've been over it a zillion times.

I'll ask again @Cal

So basically what is being argued here is that Cell had the power to destroy the solar system from the Sun, not the Earth?

@Celestial No I wasn't talking to you actually lol. It was directed to Js250476 not you man, sorry if you thought it was to you.

Maybe have a staff thread to hear people out and correct them instead of threatening them and then pointing fingers about who's doing it.

If you don't want to do your job you can always quit.

Amirite?

AKM sama said:
Please, let the 4-B Cell argument die in peace. We've been over it a zillion times.
I'll ask again @Cal

Yeah the Cell is not 4-B argument needs to stop, ever guide confirmes his tier, so arguing against it is ridiculous

TBH- I agree with Kepekley and everyone above.

But if you think that 4-B cell exists, either baseline or kilofoe based on a statement and not to appease to the fans, you are delusional.

I can make a thread with one scan of freeza being Low 2-C from the last episode in super and everyone, literally everyone will say "I agree" just because it is dragon ball.

We also dont have any feats of anything above High 5-A, we accept them via statements and muh power scaling.

I have nothing against 4-B cell personally, but this site does have a very clear DB bias and tries to sweep under the rug that most users will vote in dragon ball threads just because it is dragon ball.

I am calling it now and I dont care at ******* all, but half the users who came here just to comment will only comment on dragon ball threads (clearly I am being hyperbolic, but this has been a long time coming)

/rant over, count my vote officially for UMR, Kepekley, Assalt for having a better argument, but we shouldnt just dismiss Matt and others just because "lul word of god.".

Please dont dismiss another persons argument just because discussed before or obvious bias. I love final fantasy 9, you dont see me trying to upgrade the verse to 3-A just because.

SDJk P-d 400x400

The real cal howard said:
@AKM. Close. I'm solely saying that Cell's statement only implies that he has Solar System Level AP, not DC.
Like AW said, solar system AP is not a constant. It's a variable which depends on the position too.

@Kepekley23

It wasn't a derail. He/she just thought someone was a tier that they weren't in. Are you telling me being ignorant to certain feats is derailing? I thought the point of the wiki was to combine information to get a more accurate base for a character.

Just simply correct them, no need for threats. If people were to be threatened for being ignorant on a topic I would've been dead since elementary school.

KinkiestSins said:
TBH- I agree with Kepekley and everyone above.

But if you think that 4-B cell exists, either baseline or kilofoe based on a statement and not to appease to the fans, you are delusional.

I can make a thread with one scan of freeza being Low 2-C from the last episode in super and everyone, literally everyone will say "I agree" just because it is dragon ball.

We also dont have any feats of anything above High 5-A, we accept them via statements and much power scaling.

I have nothing against 4-B cell personally, but this site does have a very clear DB bias and tries to sweep under the rug that most users will vote in dragon ball threads just because it is dragon ball.

I am calling it now and I dont care at ******* all, but half the users who came here just to comment will only comment on dragon ball threads (clearly I am being hyperbolic, but this has been a long time coming)

/rant over, count my vote officially for UMR, Kepekley, Assalt for having a better argument, but we shouldnt just dismiss Matt and others just because "lul word of god.".

Please dont dismiss another persons argument just because discussed before or obvious bias. I love final fantasy 9, you dont see me trying to upgrade the verse to 3-A just because.
Thank you for ending it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pspna5GZwBk

@AKM. See, that could also be a problem, because that could make him even less if I wanted to be a d*** about it (I don't, but still). It's obviously best to use out calculated value for 4-B rather than applying assumptions to a statement.

Also, thanks for being kind and respectful throughout this thread entirely, and taking it seriously. I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back