• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cell (DBZ) lifting strenght upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the basis for moro using TK with magic?
Becouse TK can be done through Magical means besides Ki, such as Babidi's TK, like explosion sorcery, and other Telekinetic stuff he can use.

Also, In manga chapter 44, Vegeta asked Moro: " Hmph they say you use Magic?, Just try It.

Later on, Moro starts manipulating Vegeta with Telekinesis.

Goku ( in Z , in MUI and arguably in Super) , Piccolo, Granolah, Vegeta , Ginyu can use it though. Even Yamcha uses it in the Baseball episode and explains that he uses the principals of the spirit bomb to move the Baseball
He means that TK can be done through various means, not just regular Ki manipulation.

What I meant is that telekinesis is often portrayed and called some something different and out of the ordinary, something not everyone can do, and to use it character had to use magic (Moro, Babidy), godly powers (Zamasu, Shin) or their own unique traits (Frieza, Guldo, Chiaotzu) and them being called "special powers" kinda implies, at least to me, that they are something different from ki.
These just seem like the strange ass applications of ki fighters use to make techniques, like the most basic application of ki is energy blasts, but there are many different techniques not every fighter can use, so the dudes who called chiaotzu's TK a strange power probably had never seen or learnt that technique before but it's not like it's not a ki technique or anything. Also cell doesn't use magic or godly powers yet he can perform this feat, so what else is he gonna use for the TK, same with Goku, who doesn't have any special traits but can still use it.
Becouse TK can be done through Magical means besides Ki, such as Babidi's TK, like explosion sorcery, and other Telekinetic stuff he can use.
Sorcery explosion has nothing to do with TK, but I don't recall babidi using TK and it being stated to be magic.
Also, In manga chapter 44, Vegeta asked Moro: " Hmph they say you use Magic?, Just try It.

Later on, Moro starts manipulating Vegeta with Telekinesis.
That doesn't mean that the TK is magic... the magic he used was for example the power of using a planets energy to attack.

He means that TK can be done through various means, not just regular Ki manipulation.
Hold on. I was refering to the part where he said that not everyone can use it. Even Yamcha can use it. Obviously telekinesis can stem from different sources like Ki, experiments, Alien DNA etc

Goku ( in Z filler, in MUI and arguably in Super) , Piccolo, Granolah, Vegeta , Ginyu can use it though. Even Yamcha uses it in the Baseball episode and explains that he uses the principals of the Spirit ball to move the Baseball. Goku later uses a variation of the Spirit ball
Goku got it only with MUI, and Granolah has some other bunch of powers he got from the wish.

But my point is that telekinesis is often rare, or at least particular or relevant forms of it applicable in combat, not everyone can do it just like they'd do with a barrier or a beam. (Like, Ginyu only lifts the Dragon Balls).
Both Chiaotzu and Guldo are stated to have weird powers, and even if they derived from ki, I'd more prone to consider it something akin to Spirit Control techniques, which also come from ki but are basically unique and work in their own way.

But I can see the points are it being equalized to overall ki, I just find it exotic enough to not compare it to what ki grants in terms of physical might.

About Cell, he has Frieza's dna, which is most likely the reason he can use it.

That doesn't mean that the TK is magic... the magic he used was for example the power of using a planets energy to attack.
It is Magic actually, using It right after Vegeta ask him to use his Magic proves it.

Is just that Moro showed him a little of what his Magic is able to do.

Also, from Babidi's profile:

Explosion Sorcery: Babidi can use a spell to explode beings or just make their heads explode. He uses this twice; once to explode Spopovich after he and Yamu have outlived their usefulness and once to explode the head of a human who gave him useless information.

Telekinesis: Babidi has used this to make people explode.

-Both are the same ability

No, they aren't similar in mechanism. As you may have seen, Magic focuses more on Hax, such as Mind control, Corruption, sealing, possesion, Soul manipulation, creation, etc...., Whenever you get a physical increase, such as Power bestobal or statistics amp is thanks to a Magical ability, but not from training or your own strenght.
Rather gaining power from absorbing or being granted by someone else though Hax.

(AKA Dark Magic from DBH, which Towa uses to manipulate some villians, or the power bestobal from Moro, which he used to boost his goons).

Magic was never shown to be applicable for destructive pruporses, unlike Ki, that with enough amounts you can blow up universes lol.

Also, what do you mean about Babidi not handeling It in his body? His Magic Power is heriously above his Ki levels, that's why he could handle Majin Vegeta's and Majin Buu's attacks.
Babidi is not even Comparable to Saiyan saga Vegeta in terms of pure AP.
it having haxxes is not an anti feat for it being able to amp. plenty of haxxed energy systems exist in fiction Chakra from Naruto or Riatsu from Bleach or Demon Energy from DMC..... many such examples comes to mind, just because haxxes can be performed or magic being rare and exotic doesn't mean physicals can't be amped. Hell I can give you example where character literally uses a Type 1 Concept as power source/energy and amps his magic weapons through it.

Also I don't understand why bring up training. Magic being granted through hax is okay, but at the end of the day magic energy granted amps anyways.
I grant/power bestow upon you X, and X amps you. As simple as that.
i don't see why Desctructive Capacity needs to exist when when we are concerning ourselves with AP, more accurately LS. Potencies between Ki and Magic can be different but that isn't an anti-feat either. If I become stronger and faster that is all that is need to conclude energy amp exists.

Only counter to this which I can think of is evil amp, but even that feels moreso like boost to magic than anything else.

How would x200 Gravity increase be a somehow a deal to Class G? They wouldn't have any issue about moving in such, and yet they count it as a pretty big deal to the point of consistently use for training.
Thats the point, if inconsistency exist then why chose lower feats arbitrarily over bigger ones?
Especially when we look for consistently higher feats for documentation.
Especially when battleboarding is concerned we put characters in serious vs fights, not training challenges.

Our priorities should concern ourselves with feats during more serious moments rather than training ones. Since they hold more importance.

It is Magic actually, using It right after Vegeta ask him to use his Magic proves it.

Is just that Moro showed him a little of what his Magic is able to do.

Also, from Babidi's profile:

Explosion Sorcery: Babidi can use a spell to explode beings or just make their heads explode. He uses this twice; once to explode Spopovich after he and Yamu have outlived their usefulness and once to explode the head of a human who gave him useless information.

Telekinesis: Babidi has used this to make people explode.

-Both are the same ability
Okay I read the chapter, but in this article, the wiki lists his telekinesis separate from his magic.
In case of babidi, I don't know why that technique is classified as telekinesis but fine, although I did find the telekinesis article and it's pretty cool, first off there are MANY characters who can use telekinesis, and it's not an ability that is done through magic or special powers, it can be done by many characters who lack those traits, there also also similarly many applications of the technique which is why babidi's is classified as TK. I've also found the God bind technique which is also the same kind of technique, and it's been used by SSG Goku against broly and by UI Goku against moro, and broly was even able to break out of and reverse that technique on Goku which shows that TK scales to physicals too.

Goku got it only with MUI, and Granolah has some other bunch of powers he got from the wish.

But my point is that telekinesis is often rare, or at least particular or relevant forms of it applicable in combat, not everyone can do it just like they'd do with a barrier or a beam. (Like, Ginyu only lifts the Dragon Balls).
Both Chiaotzu and Guldo are stated to have weird powers, and even if they derived from ki, I'd more prone to consider it something akin to Spirit Control techniques, which also come from ki but are basically unique and work in their own way.

But I can see the points are it being equalized to overall ki, I just find it exotic enough to not compare it to what ki grants in terms of physical might.

About Cell, he has Frieza's dna, which is most likely the reason he can use it.
Well even if its exotic, its more so a exotic technique. Not a quirk neither some psychic ability.
I don't think thats enough grounds to disqualify scaling to physicals.

Okay I read the chapter, but in this article, the wiki lists his telekinesis separate from his magic.
In case of babidi, I don't know why that technique is classified as telekinesis but fine, although I did find the telekinesis article and it's pretty cool, first off there are MANY characters who can use telekinesis, and it's not an ability that is done through magic or special powers, it can be done by many characters who lack those traits, there also also similarly many applications of the technique which is why babidi's is classified as TK. I've also found the God bind technique which is also the same kind of technique, and it's been used by SSG Goku against broly and by UI Goku against moro, and broly was even able to break out of and reverse that technique on Goku which shows that TK scales to physicals too.
See this from DB Wiki:

Magic - Though having an impressive power level, Moro's true strength lies in magic. With it, he is able to absorb and manipulate life energy as well as levitate objects and numerous other abilities.

And again, in DB, TK can stem from different sources: Ki, Magic, etc....

it having haxxes is not an anti feat for it being able to amp. plenty of haxxed energy systems exist in fiction Chakra from Naruto or Riatsu from Bleach or Demon Energy from DMC..... many such examples comes to mind, just because haxxes can be performed or magic being rare and exotic doesn't mean physicals can't be amped. Hell I can give you example where character literally uses a Type 1 Concept as power source/energy and amps his magic weapons through it.

Also I don't understand why bring up training. Magic being granted through hax is okay, but at the end of the day magic energy granted amps anyways.
I grant/power bestow upon you X, and X amps you. As simple as that.
i don't see why Desctructive Capacity needs to exist when when we are concerning ourselves with AP, more accurately LS. Potencies between Ki and Magic can be different but that isn't an anti-feat either. If I become stronger and faster that is all that is need to conclude energy amp exists.

Only counter to t
Yeah, Magic can amp stats too, but you can't shoot regular energy blasts or strenghten your body as Ki does, you can't increase or decrease your Power as Ki does, etc....

See this from DB Wiki:

Magic - Though having an impressive power level, Moro's true strength lies in magic. With it, he is able to absorb and manipulate life energy as well as levitate objects and numerous other abilities.

And again, in DB, TK can stem from different sources: Ki, Magic, etc....
Yeah sure, but that doesn't matter anymore since it can be done with ki as well, and not only that but it scales to physicals too.

Yeah sure, but that doesn't matter anymore since it can be done with ki as well, and not only that but it scales to physicals too.
I know this is irrelevant, but I just wanted to point out, how TK can be done through numerous means in the franchise.

As for the physicals thing, Moro should have Class G Ls regardless, as his physicals are astronomically beyond Cell's, and, obviously, his Magic based Telekinesis should be able to perform the feat aswell.

Chizauto doesn't use Ki for his Psychic Powers and uses a different energy source it was called "Psychic Energy" (Real Creative Tori) IIRC.

It's also what he used when he suicide bombed on Nappa.

Okay then, I agree with the upgrade and everone who scales to or above perfect cell scales to class G.
What do you think about Moro having this:

Class G physically | Class G with Magic (Telekinesis)?? As he uses a different way to achive TK, I think It should be noted to avoid confusions.

What do you think about Moro having this:

Class G physically | Class G with Magic (Telekinesis)?? As he uses a different way to achive TK, I think It should be noted to avoid confusions.
Since moro was physically massively weaker than vegeta, but was still able to overpower him, he should get a "far higher with telekinesis".

Since moro was physically massively weaker than vegeta, but was still able to overpower him, he should get a "far higher with telekinesis".
Wait, now that I think about it, 7-3 should also have a "far higher with Telekinesis" he has Moro's Magic.

-From 7-3's profile:

Has Moro's Magic (Aura, Life-Force Absorption; Ki Absorption, Telekinesis, Electricity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Magma Manipulation, Heat Manipulation),

Shouldn't we call It "far higher with Magic" to be more specific.

Wait, now that I think about it, 7-3 should also have a "far higher with Telekinesis" he has Moro's Magic.

-From 7-3's profile:

Has Moro's Magic (Aura, Life-Force Absorption; Ki Absorption, Telekinesis, Electricity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Magma Manipulation, Heat Manipulation),

Shouldn't we call It "far higher with Magic" to be more specific.
7-3's physicals do scale to SSB levels but yeah I guess he can get a higher with telekinesis since I don't think he scales to vegeta's physicals, btw it's more specific if you say higher with tk instead of higher with magic, since magic is so broad and also because telekinesis is the only lifting strength application of magic.

Yh I knew that. I meant that the guy was probably referring to Kiai.

As I don't recall DB characters ever wrestling each other with TK. But I can Kiai.

And it's not hard to see why someone could mistake Kiai with TK.

Tho I could be wrong.
Ssg goku and broly were able to wrestle each others tk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back