• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Category Renaming

Basilisk1995

VS Battles
Retired
I think there are a few categories that should be renamed according to this. Before posting this here I think having a community descision would be nice.

Power Mimicry = Power Mimicry Users
Sternritter = Sternritters
Tsundere = Tsundere Characters
Joestar Family = Joestar Family Members
Royalty = Royal Characters or Royal Family Members (whatever you guys decide, I just think the name isn't right)
Crossover = Crossover Characters
Fish = Fishes
Akatsuki = Akatsuki Members
4th Wall Awareness = 4th Wall Aware Characters

The plural of Stenritter is Sternritter.

Fish or fishes is appropriate, I guess.

Royal Characters is good.

Tsunderes.

Outside of that, it seems good.

The ones I disagree with are:

Tsundere -> Tsundere Characters (should be Tsunderes)

Sternritter -> Sternritters (Sternritter is german, doesn't follow the same rules of plurality as english)

Fish -> Fishes (Fishes sounds awkward)

The rest are fine, including Royal Characters.

Royalties usually means "an amount of money that is paid to the original creator of a product, book, or piece of music based on how many copies have been sold", and here is what "Royal" means. Royalty seems more accurate.

Sternritter is plural in German.

The plural for fish is usually still fish.

"Characters Aware of the 4th Wall" is more tedious, but also more correct, so I either support that, or keeping "4th Wall Awareness" as it is.

I am fine with Power Mimicry Users, Tsundere Characters, Joestar Family Members, Crossover Characters, and Akatsuki Members.

As was stated already, the term fishes is only used when several species of fish, are discussed. Hence it's not fit to be a category.

I prefer Tsunderes to Tsundere characters as they basically mean the same thing but the former is less tedious to remember or lengthy. It's also what they're officially referred to as.

I prefer the term Royalty.

Sternritter has already been addressed so I'm fine with everything else.

Perhaps to avoid confusion with the word "Royalties" with "Royalty" in the future, wouldn't the word "Nobility" fit better in this context? Nobility basically means:

Nobility definitio
Nobility refers to a privileged class of people — often receiving hereditary titles — also called the aristocracy. You know the type. They hang around manors and castles, or curry favor at court. In the United states, there is no official class system, so there is no official noble class, or nobility.

Also, the term "Fish" seems to be very character-specific, so only a few characters apply for this category.

Also, should we consider only adding categories that only directly apply to that specific character's skillset/abilities during combat, as this is primarily a wiki focused on a character's ability/skillset, and not a wiki describing that character him/herself?

@Crazy. A lot of people like doing themed matches, like a dog vs a cat character, so those categories are pretty helpful. And I mean, theirs really no reason not to have them.

On a similar subject. Perhaps we can rename "Military Characters" to "Militaristic Characters" or something along those lines?

The current characters within the Royalty category are kings, queens, princes, and princesses, not nobility/dukes and barons.

Villains as a whole feels like a pointless category and should be replaced with Antagonist.

We already have that actually, and an antagonist is not a villain, not always. Anyone that has opposing thoughts or goals to the protagonist fits this category. A villain however, has to actually be evil.

I think that "Villain Characters" is probably fine, especially as we also have a category called "Hero Characters" to avoid confusion with the TV show "Heroes".

Maybe replace Fish with Aquatic Characters? It be more broad since Whales, Dolphins, Crabs etc aren't fish.

I don't know. It is an entirely different category.

I think that "Fish" is probably fine.

@Ant: Perhaps we should stick with just "fish", keeping things simple.

We don't need an entirely different category that fits a few specific characters anyways,

Back