• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hello guys

I'll be quick here, and avoid spoilers about the season, only focusing on the additions because we have many of them. The 3rd season was very good but it clearly doesn't have a closed arc, it leaves many things for a 4th one, in overall i'll give 8/10

- Sypha

Extrasensory Perception = can sense magic, can detect knives and other types of weapons, simple, but useful

Pseudo Flight = Can use her Fire to get impulse on air, it is limited, but still capable of letting her fight against flying creatures

Screenshot 20200305-163437 YouTube

Upgrade in speed = She can dodge arrows, so Subsonic movement speed, not only combat and reactions

Screenshot 20200305-162908 Video Player
Electricity Manipulation = This one was interesting, obviviously isn't natural or as fast as one, but still a good addition to her arsenal, she used this to kill one monsters in the final battle

Screenshot 20200305-162935 Video Player
She still weak physically, never fighting something with her hands

- Trevor

Upgrade for Lifting Strength = Can break bones of both mosnters and humans with his bare hands applying his own physical strength, this season gave him some good feats without any weaponry. This scales to Vampires like Alucard and Dracula who were clearly stronger than him, and other vampires as they can rip humans apart (like in season 2) and are stated by Hector to be 10 times stronger than him

Screenshot 20200305-163612 YouTube
Here he breaks the leg of that guy in many places to make him fit inside the box

Pressure Points / Sleep Inducement = Can put people to sleep by pressuring some weak spot, very useful for close combat

Soul manipulation = Now the interesting part: That demon opening the portal to Hell had many souls inside of his body and that's why the Morning Star wasn't capable of killing it in one blow, however, many blows would eventually kill it, by making him run out of souls...which means the whip actually hits the soul of the target aswell and destroys it, which is probably the most interesting upgrade here. His Fire Attack also destroyed many souls in one hit, and maaaaybe can be a AP feat, it exploded before touching anything and was able to kill that demon in a single hit, but I doubt it is higher than 9-A

Which reminds me that the Whip being 8-C now can be discarted as it is obvious Dura Negation, the Whip never reacts and explodes beings that aren't supernatural, so it Negates their durability, and against humans it just scales to Trevor, who's 9-A

The battle were this is explained

Can nullify projectiles by hitting them with the Morning Star Whip = He did that against a demon's fire ball in the 10th episode, much like the games

Screenshot 20200305-162722 Video Player
here he nullifies a Fire Ball

- Isaac

Resistance to Mind Manipulation = A pretty good one, since he was able to overpower the mind control of that old magician, who was controling an entire town and basically made Legion/Granfaloon

Screenshot 20200305-163522 YouTube
Those were the poeple controled, Isaac directly resisted this control later here

- Saint Germai

Light Manipulation = can generate small spheres of light

Mind Reading = can apparently read the mind of his enemy, he did this to know how to close the portal

Screenshot 20200305-163107 Video Player
Immortality = Likely Type 1, he said he's Immortal

Sadly we don't have AP feats or something beyond Subsonic for any character, maaaaybe that demon has 7-B Environmental Destruction via Storms but that's it

I don't have them at the moment, and I can't take screenshots of Netflix's site/app, some of them might be available on Youtube but some statements are from non-action sequences, and these types of scenes never go to Youtube since they are not that interesting lol

But sure I'll look for all of them if they're necessary

I agree with the proposals also on a side note; I thought things couldn't of gotten worse for Alucard and Hector but thank you S3 for proving me wrong... :/

Yeaaaah, at least Hector had good moments, if you know what I mean, but Alucard really needs a hug

Thanks for the input

"Which reminds me that the Whip being 8-C now can be discarted as it is obvious Dura Negation, the Whip never reacts and explodes beings that aren't supernatural, so it Negates their durability, and against humans it just scales to Trevor, who's 9-A"

At long last.

You shall pay for that

But seriously, it could be discussed with what we had in the first two seasons, but this one just discarts 8-C whip, otherwise, Trevor would have use it against humans, Dracula's case shows us resistance to Holy and now Soul Manip

Also, apparently he can chose to not explode monsters, he didn't exploded the Minotaur in the first episode, which is interesting

He has some tricks, like in his dreams he was travelling between what appears to be different worlds or our world but many years in the future, with futuristic tech, and in tribal times aswell, but he was searching for someone

Later we see that his dreams are just memories since when that demon opens the portal, it looks just like what he saw and the person who Germain was looking for also appears, so yeah, kinda

Most of these are fine, but pretty sure Sypha's dodging of arrows would still be considered combat speed and not movement. That's a pretty big stretch for soul manip for Trevor as well, since the creature was healing itself by using the souls, so Trevor was just depleting it's supply by hurting it a lot it does not mean he was killing the souls.

And Germain should probably have a weak form of mind manip as well, as he made the creature change the portal to the place he person he was looking for was.

It healed the hand, yes, but the body had many whip wounds without healing even when it still had souls (which are like faces on the body, he had many of them when he was wounded), so the souls weren't being used to heal, otherwise it would heal them, and it's not Regen Negation as the creature was capable of healing its hand after a strike from the whip, it was used just to stay alive going by what Germain said, but it would die since Trevor's attacks were destroying those souls, making the creature running out of them

And yeah, he should have a weak Mind Manip, and limited by touching that stone of the head of the target

Considering that when Trevor was using the two whips for a barrage of attacks was the only time the creature didn't heal, it's probably because it had too many wounds to heal through instantly or something. Also when Trevor was doing his two whip super special attack, the creature has less wounds than before, so he was healing after all.

So still hard no on the soul manip for me.

Wait, you're right on that tho, it does have less wounds

So yeah, no Soul Hax, good eye lol

Still, seeing Souls being used as Enhancement in the show was cool, it opens the path to Soul Steal

Going to add what was accepted then

Considering how they've been developing magic I really wouldn't be surprised. Especially with Sypha spawning a new spell in the midst of battle, I would call it Accelerated Development or something, but it's too dodgy.

Also, I just remembered there was a time Germain transformed a big grosh coin into four smaller coins. So maybe he could get a "possibly Metal Manipulation" as well? It was a bit unclear whether that was magic or a parlour trick at the time, but since later it was revealed him to be an actual magician, it should be legit.

I believe "Possibly Metal Manip" works, but what about his ratings ?

He was capable of going to the head of the soul enhanced demon and stuff, but in AP I don't have idea

I honestly have no idea about his rating. Unless someone has a better idea, he should probably be "Unknown" until we see more of him. Although his leap on to the head was pretty impressive, but not sure if you could get AP from that.

Well this season sure opened the Gateway for this verse to be far greater than the main games as far as we know.

Back