• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania Plot Manipulation Adjustments and Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of the writing of this CTR; many Dark Entities of the Castlevania franchise possess the ability, Plot Manipulation, with the following description.

Plot Manipulation and Reality Warping (The powers of Chaos can rewrite the entire narrative it's in to ensure it being the winner, and overflow into reality, can also warp the fabric of reality when he transforms)

For context sake:
The Creatures of Chaos serve as the Power Source of Each Grimoire and every creature of Darkness wields the Power of Chaos. Its the Dark Powers of the Creatures of Chaos that are the source of the Grimoires powers that gives the Grimoire the power to affect Reality and the Narrative.

The Power of Chaos that the Creatures of Chaos release in the Grimoires can rewrite the narrative if the Grimoire and changes that are made in the Grimoire will then Overflow into Reality
On top of that, truly weak and fodder creatures of darkness such as the Magic Book have Plot Manipulative powers, such as the ability to "Write Cruel Endings" for Opponents in Reality. The Magic Book utilizes this skill through its power of Chaos and again it is a very weak and fodder creature of darkness.
Creatures of Darkness in Grimoire of Souls who have a stronger and greater connection to the power of darkness can easily affect and rewrite the narrative as already made intent.

Dracula and other creatures of Darkness plot hax originates from their strong connections to the power of chaos and as made clear before, even weak creatures of chaos with minor connections to the power of chaos can still utilize plot manipulation abilities.
The purpose of this CTR is not to remove but re-adjust the Plot Manipulation description and links of the Castlevania characters with Plot Manipulation to better reflect the idea that creatures of chaos can manipulate the narrative present within Grimoires and the Real World through there power of chaos and those changes that occur in the Grimoires also occurs in reality

Its also for the purpose of adding the proper Meta-Fiction context (as it currently not clear/missing) that is needed for the Plot Manipulation to be viable otherwise the power should be removed and replaced with and alternative

Ya, it is great idea to add metafictional context in the ability justification tho, I agree

To make my stance a bit clear, if there are no metaficional context whatsoever in this thread, then the downgrade of the character should be addressed but as far as I tell, the supporters are willing to help with this case.

Last edited:
The Power of Chaos that the Creatures of Chaos release in the Grimoires can rewrite the narrative if the Grimoire and changes that are made in the Grimoire will then Overflow into Reality
Can I see.actuall feat and scan where Anyone manipulated things in the real world ? Because monsters overflowing to reality has nothing to do with plot manipulation. Text Manipulation suites this better not plot manipulation.

The scans only talks about Monsters overflowing into reality where it was stated the plot itself overflow into reality? Do you have any scans where someone actually manipulated things in real world ? What did they actually manipulated anything in real world?

Last edited:
Did you read the magic book scan at all? Because they literally use it in the real world against actual people.
This scan never talked about real world and only one scans states monsters overflowing into the reality nothing else about plot overflowing into reality.

It states Magic Book not real world. Also Immersion ability can do the same bringing things out from the storybook don't see anything here manipulating plot itself in real world.

Last edited:
Good job ignoring the context that it’s a magic book that attacks people in the real world by writing bad endings about them. Seriously how much context are you going to ignore before you make an ass out of yourself with all of this assumption?

Good job ignoring the context that it’s a magic book that attacks people in the real world by writing bad endings about them. Seriously how much context are you going to ignore before you make an ass out of yourself with all of this assumption?
I asked the scans for where it was stated in the real. Only scans indicates Monsters overflowing into reality nowhere stated as plot itself overflow into reality both are different Taking things in and out of story book is Immersion ability not plot manipulation. Yeah Burden of proof.

I disgree with Plot Manipulation because of burden of proof.

Not sure why we're just straight up disagreeing with Plot Manipulation as a whole when this thread isn't even about that, but rather changing up how we list it on profiles.

This is clear-cut Plot Manipulation...

I assume @EldemadeDityjon opposed position that in the whole YT video there is no metafictional context.
More like the scan posted & explanation doens't match. Monsters overflowing into reality ≠ Narrative itself overflowing into reality.

Good job ignoring his question about whether the grimoires affect the plot of the real world which has nothing to do with the magic book

My personal thoughts as to how this should be re-edited is like this:

Plot Manipulation and Reality Warping:
Creatures of Chaos can utilize the power of chaos to script bad endings for their targets into reality and rewrite the narrative present within books, such as the Grimoire, with the results of those changes overflowing and rewriting reality. Can also warp the fabric of reality when he transforms

If there are better suggestions
Lemme know

Creatures of Chaos can utilize the power of chaos to script bad endings for their targets into reality and rewrite the narrative present within books, such as the Grimoire, with the results of those changes overflowing and rewriting reality. Can also warp the fabric of reality when he transforms
I don't understand this the scan clear cut only talks about Monsters why are we using results overflowing into reality argument?

I never said through book. I said through plot. Read possible use one in plot manipulation

Just change the Plot Manipulation into Text and it falls unde this usage not Plot Manipulation usage. Chaos altered contents which are already stored in story book not in real world.

This is clear cut statement for Plot Manipulation where you manipulate events in real world but what your scans states only about monsters overflowing into reality. Which is immersion ability not plot manipulation.

So I hardly disgreeing with Plot Manipulation and it should be Changed into text manipulation.

@EldemadeDityjon You were saying? This fodder tier creature is affecting someone in the real world with plot hax. Also that's literally not what Immersion is in the first place, Immersion is you entering something fictional like a painting or a book, exiting out of that is the exact opposite of immersion.

@XXKINGXX69 You mean the magic book that's a fodder tier creature of chaos? Yeah sure, totally not you grasping at straws. Also good job ignoring the text on it having the power of its author to write cruel endings for the target, nothing about this is fate manipulation when in the same game we literally have a being that's fate itself and it does not remotely do this with fate hax so you're automatically wrong.

@EldemadeDityjon You were saying? This fodder tier creature is affecting someone in the real world with plot hax.
They overflow into reality and they started attacking don't see how that's plot manipulation.
Also that's literally not what Immersion is in the first place, Immersion is you entering something fictional like a painting or a book, exiting out of that is the exact opposite of immersion.
Immersion can bring things to reality.
Users can use this ability to retrieve weapons or other useful tools from fiction,
Bringing things out from a written book out is text manipulation not plot manipulation.

I need feat & scans for anyone doing anything with plot manipulation. Not going into a book and doing something and Bringing something is inside that to outside.

Stop ignoring my clip where I literally showed you the plot hax working in the real world. The fact you're not responding to my evidence on working in the real world and instead are just moving the goal post shows how dishonest you are with any franchises you clearly don't know anything about.

Stop ignoring my clip where I literally showed you the plot hax working in the real world. The fact you're not responding to my evidence on working in the real world and
Not this argument of dishonesty when your link doens't show anything Manipulating anyone. books were just spamming monsters in real world as far as your video link goes
instead are just moving the goal post shows how dishonest you are with any franchises you clearly don't know anything about.
I could say the same to you regarding many CRTs you comment without knowing how other verses works. So stop acting like this. No one has knowledge on every work in fiction. I am only giving my input on the scans you provided. If you want the CRT looks good you should provide scan and prove it instead of calling someone dishonest.

@EldemadeDityjon if you want the proof that the plot manipulation works on real world then literally this video clips shows it.

Unless you are asking if the book itself is plot manipulation... I mean? You saw what the book does or?

If not those two, then idk what is ur argument currently.

Unless you are asking if the book itself is plot manipulation... I mean? You saw what the book does or?
I know this scan. I am asking for proof.
@EldemadeDityjon if you want the proof that the plot manipulation works on real world then literally this video clips shows it.
Ok according to you this is plot manipulation? May I what did it here manipulated? Also explanation in profile talks about Choas not even books. The only thing i see here book was some kinda trying to absorb or kill a character I don't know how that works but I don't see any Manipulation

Example I don't see a single type of uses here.
  • Users may be able to determine how things will proceed by writing into the plot what is going to happen (emulating fate, causality and/or probability manipulation).
  • Users may be able transform things into other things by altering their description in the plot.
  • Users may be able to retroactively change the past, by changing what is recorded about the past in the plot.
  • Users may be able to control the action and/or thoughts of others by writing what they do or think into the plot.
  • Users may create things by writing that they are present into the plot.
  • Users may erase things by erasing any mention of them from the plot.

Writing cruel endings for a victim is manipulation, how delusional can you get when you’re given scans and you ask for proof when that’s what scans are?

Scan is proof
Ok i am asking for feat because none as shown to manipulate anything.

Because from the link you and glass sent it doens't seem to they manipulate anything instead of spamming monsters and trying to drain or absorb character life force or whatever it was doing.

Like even if I agree or not to plot manipulation the feat defines how the power works. Book may just spam monsters and make it tragic ending. You ever thought of that? Atleast from the video looks like it.

So Technically are you saying the books plot manipulation is limited to inducing tragic ending by spamming monsters? So it's not really manipulating anything to the character itself. Why can't it just write die and make the character die?

Literally what part of the clip that Dread posted is in anyway shape or form summoning monsters?

As of the writing of this CTR; many Dark Entities of the Castlevania franchise possess the ability, Plot Manipulation, with the following description.

Plot Manipulation and Reality Warping (The powers of Chaos can rewrite the entire narrative it's in to ensure it being the winner, and overflow into reality, can also warp the fabric of reality when he transforms)

For context sake:
The Creatures of Chaos serve as the Power Source of Each Grimoire and every creature of Darkness wields the Power of Chaos. Its the Dark Powers of the Creatures of Chaos that are the source of the Grimoires powers that gives the Grimoire the power to affect Reality and the Narrative.

On top of that, truly weak and fodder creatures of darkness such as the Magic Book have Plot Manipulative powers, such as the ability to "Write Cruel Endings" for Opponents in Reality. The Magic Book utilizes this skill through its power of Chaos and again it is a very weak and fodder creature of darkness.
Creatures of Darkness in Grimoire of Souls who have a stronger and greater connection to the power of darkness can easily affect and rewrite the narrative as already made intent.

Dracula and other creatures of Darkness plot hax originates from their strong connections to the power of chaos and as made clear before, even weak creatures of chaos with minor connections to the power of chaos can still utilize plot manipulation abilities.
The purpose of this CTR is not to remove but re-adjust the Plot Manipulation description and links of the Castlevania characters with Plot Manipulation to better reflect the idea that creatures of chaos can manipulate the narrative present within Grimoires and the Real World through there power of chaos and those changes that occur in the Grimoires also occurs in reality

Its also for the purpose of adding the proper Meta-Fiction context (as it currently not clear/missing) that is needed for the Plot Manipulation to be viable otherwise the power should be removed and replaced with and alternative
Great, I totally agree.

@EldemadeDityjon You were saying? This fodder tier creature is affecting someone in the real world with plot hax. Also that's literally not what Immersion is in the first place, Immersion is you entering something fictional like a painting or a book, exiting out of that is the exact opposite of immersion.

@XXKINGXX69 You mean the magic book that's a fodder tier creature of chaos? Yeah sure, totally not you grasping at straws. Also good job ignoring the text on it having the power of its author to write cruel endings for the target, nothing about this is fate manipulation when in the same game we literally have a being that's fate itself and it does not remotely do this with fate hax so you're automatically wrong.
How does fate itself not doing this mean anything about it being plot manipulation?

Idk why you guys want to ignore the fact that it is fate manipulation through plot. The context of the book functionality is clearly metafictional.

Do you want to ignore "the power of author" part? And if yes, for what reason?

Idk why you guys want to ignore the fact that it is fate manipulation through plot. The context of the book functionality is clearly metafictional.

What does "metafictional" mean? And the "author" is just talking about the person using the magic book, which doesn't make it plot manipulation

Wait a second, you seriously don't know what is metaficional and still dealing with an ability that is heavily dependent on this notion?

You clearly ignoring the part where book was only spamming monsters into real world and not doing anything else. Why don't you answer by questions. If it can really manipulation plot why didn't it kill the character just writing a word die instead of spamming monsters. The feat can be done via text manipulation also you don't need to it with plot manipulation.

Can you atleast tell me why didn't it write a die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back