• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We currently list Cap as Class 50 for this feat. Of course the calc is fine, but giving Cap this kind of strength seems very wrong, for following reasons:

• Agents of Shield may play in the same universe, but the show and the movies are very very losely connected
  • What exactly makes the "throwaway line" of the instructor even credible ? Isnt he just exaggerating to push them ?
  • We should base his lifting strength on actual feats, instead of onscreen feats or "hyperbolic" statements and should stick to the actual continuity of the movies
  • This onscreen feat of Cap seems like a massive outliner, if we compare it to his actual best feat: pulling down a helicopter when pumped with adrenaline and concern for his friend
  • I think its unlikely that Cap is ten times stronger than his Comic Versio, just looking how he is portrayed: Peak Human/barely Superhuman
  • MCU Iron Man (even his first armors are far stronger than Cap) is listed as Class 5, based on this
A downgrade would be reasonanable, based on scaling an common sense.

You can ask Matthew to comment here if you wish.

Which other characters are scaled from this?

Wasn't cap tired or injured from a previous battle? That's an argument to be made. The AoS feat was probably done when he was rested and in top form.

Either way he's comparable to Spider-Man (Tony said Cap is much stronger) in lifting strength.

What lifting strength does Spider-Man have?

Spider-Man is like, thousands of tons with how he held up the Spirit of America Ferry which is a real boat you can ride in Rhode Island which weights around that much.

But obviously that is too much for Cap.

The thing is:

"Agents of Shield may play in the same universe, but the show and the movies are very very losely connected"

Doesn't matter.

"What exactly makes the "throwaway line" of the instructor even credible ? Isnt he just exaggerating to push them ?"

It's credible because that is a test of strength for SHIELD which Captain America did, and the character was testing his strength and wished to know how much he fared in comparison to Captain America.

"We should base his lifting strength on actual feats, instead of onscreen feats or "hyperbolic" statements and should stick to the actual continuity of the movies"

The TV and Netflix Shows are all in the same continuity. We accept War Machine lifting a tank off-screen, why not this?

"This onscreen feat of Cap seems like a massive outliner, if we compare it to his actual best feat: pulling down a helicopter when pumped with adrenaline and concern for his friend"

I'm pretty sure he has a Class 20 lifting strength feat on screen.

"I think its unlikely that Cap is ten times stronger than his Comic Version, just looking how he is portrayed: Peak Human/barely Superhuman"

Lifting Strength =/= AP.

Okay. Thank you for the evaluation. Should we scale Iron Man from Cap, Spider-Man, or the tank?

Okay. Feel free to adjust the pages accordingly then. Just remember to check for pages scaled from Iron Man.

@Matt

Most chracters that are compared to Cap in Agents of shield have been portrayed as far stronger than Cap, just going by feats. The loose connection between the show and the movies does matter in this case, since the show doenst follow the movies continuity, when it comes to Caps feats (the stamentents of Caps strength seem pretty inconsistent). I furthermore would be glad if you can show me this Class 20 feat to back up your statement, that Cap is on this level.

And if this Class 20 feat exists, wouldnt it make more sense to use this actual on-screen feat, instead of of this loose on-screen feat ?

There is furthermore still the problem that the early Iron Man armors are now weaker than Cap, which seems wrong.

Early Iron Man>Cap is nothing but pure guesswork. And I don't think it is an outlier. And at the helicopter scene, Cap nearly pulled it down without proper anchor in the beginning, and instead you didn't notice, the helicopter was moving. Captain America has taken hits from Ultron and traded blows with Bucky who can take hits from his shield so he should be 8-A IMO. I always cough at the idea that people think he's peak human.

"Most chracters that are compared to Cap in Agents of shield have been portrayed as far stronger than Cap, just going by feats"

Scaling exists.

Class 20 shows that Class 50 isn't 100% inconsistent.

Iron Man is stronger than Cap by feats.

Okay. Are any more scaled from them, and if not, should we close this thread?

If anyone stronger in AP should be stronger than them in Lifting Strength then I believe Vision and Ultron needs to be upgraded @Matthew Schroeder

Back